ISIS just threatened an LDS temple in California

Discuss political news items / current events.
JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: ISIS just threatened an LDS temple in California

Post by JohnnyL »

JohnnyL wrote: December 3rd, 2017, 12:32 pm So, some station said it was on "an unnamed terror-related website"... Is that all?
Any source? Any second confirmation?

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

LdsMarco wrote: December 4th, 2017, 9:05 pm Let me begin to say that I know God has all power but if the church members are not doing what they're supposed to be doing, then I don't see why this cannot happen. Especially if the House of the Lord has been polluted. I had this vision when I went to the temple last month. So yea, It truly wouldn't surprise me

I've suspected that something involving our temples will be part of the sign of the abomination of desolation, which I suspect will happen about the same time war comes to our nation. Read Matthew (JS Matt.), Mark and specifically Luke, and compare the warnings.

James-T-Prout
captain of 50

Post by James-T-Prout »

I wrote about this type of scenario in the book.

In the future there will be a Great and Abominable Church (Nephi) / The Whore Church Babylon the Great (John)

When this entity rises and mounts the 4th Beast Kingdom of the Gentiles, it will have immense religious power.

And guess what....the Muslims are involved.

See the Timeline of the Last Days Here

You can download a large HD version of the image here: https://www.lastdaystimeline.com/

I wrote about what the Great and Abominable Church is in the Appendix.

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

I just noticed a quote by Gordon B Hinckley on today's scheduled lesson.
https://www.lds.org/manual/teachings-of ... e?lang=eng

He states:

Even as President Hinckley announced large numbers of new temples, and even as he marveled at their beauty, he reminded Latter-day Saints of the purpose of those sacred edifices: to bless individuals and families, one by one. Speaking of the San Diego California Temple, he said: “What a magnificently beautiful building that is. But with all the beauty of that building, that structure is only a means to an end and not an end in itself. That facility was erected and dedicated for the performance of the sacred ordinances which the Lord has revealed in this time.”

Not sure what he meant by that. Just thought it was worth mentioning.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

JohnnyL wrote: December 5th, 2017, 5:28 pm
JohnnyL wrote: December 3rd, 2017, 12:32 pm So, some station said it was on "an unnamed terror-related website"... Is that all?
Any source? Any second confirmation?
As of now, this "threat" is complete speculation. There is no verifiable source.