ISIS just threatened an LDS temple in California

Discuss political news items / current events.
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

ISIS just threatened an LDS temple in California

Postby Col. Flagg » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:29 pm

Anyone know any further details? Just got a text about it but don't know any specifics. :(
"Truth is in history, but history is not the truth." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Sponsored Links

Advertisements

Medical Cost Sharing - It's not insurance it's better!

Sarah
captain of 1,000

Re: ISIS just threatened an LDS temple in California

Postby Sarah » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:49 pm

Col. Flagg wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:29 pm
Anyone know any further details? Just got a text about it but don't know any specifics. :(
Who sent you the text?

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Postby mirkwood » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:05 pm

AVOW is the only source I have heard with this story. I'd like to see it verified from some other source. AVOW is spurious at best.
God, family, country, our three great loyalties.

No true Latter-day Saint will ever take a stand that is in opposition to what the Lord has revealed to those who direct the affairs of his earthly kingdom. ~Bruce R. McConkie, CR Oct 1984

MMbelieve
captain of 100

Postby MMbelieve » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:14 pm

san diego temple. That's a beautiful temple, hope they don't touch it. Google isis threaten lds temple, many reports.

Apparently it's in isis propaganda video.

edit: a poster, not a video

kittycat51
captain of 100

Postby kittycat51 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:31 pm

KUTV a local station here in Utah has reported it.
'You'll never medicate your way out of diseases you behave yourself into" ~Dr. Roby Mitchell

Joel
captain of 1,000

Postby Joel » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:39 pm

I saw the story this morning on BeehiveSlate.com, looks like it is still the lead story:

Before the photoshop job :)

EmmaLee
captain of 1,000

Postby EmmaLee » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:45 pm

Another reporting - NBC affiliate out of San Diego - https://www.nbcsandiego.com/on-air/as-s ... 89583.html
Arguing with a fool only proves there are two.

gkearney
captain of 1,000

Postby gkearney » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:46 pm

The report would seem to originate with the NBC affiliate in San Diego. They in turn got it from some unnamed terror related website.

Joel
captain of 1,000

Postby Joel » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:52 pm

The dark imagery reminded me of this old but funny video

Before the photoshop job :)

kittycat51
captain of 100

Postby kittycat51 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:22 pm

If it is credible, is it against San Diego City, the temple, the Church or multiple? Kind of hits you in the gut?
'You'll never medicate your way out of diseases you behave yourself into" ~Dr. Roby Mitchell

MMbelieve
captain of 100

Postby MMbelieve » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:33 pm

kittycat51 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:22 pm
If it is credible, is it against San Diego City, the temple, the Church or multiple? Kind of hits you in the gut?
I wondered if it was San Diego as a target and they used a well known landmark in the poster. If they were targeting "mormons" you would think the SLC temple would represent that?

It hasn't hit me in my gut...yet. We know that the saints will not escape the persecutions that the early saints faced.

Good will be a target of evil and that group is evil, but their goal is to create fear and chaos by any means in any place against any people.

MMbelieve
captain of 100

Postby MMbelieve » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:36 pm

I wondered as well if they won't eventually be more focused on Christians like they have been in Syria etc. Perhaps they view Americans as christians? However Mormons are not considered "christians". Our church has also reached out to the Muslim world and to the refugees.

some thoughts I have

Sasquatch
captain of 50

Postby Sasquatch » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:34 am

MMbelieve wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:36 pm
I wondered as well if they won't eventually be more focused on Christians like they have been in Syria etc. Perhaps they view Americans as christians? However Mormons are not considered "christians". Our church has also reached out to the Muslim world and to the refugees.

some thoughts I have
The ones who say we are not Christians are usually evangelical protestants. I doubt people of other religions care to make such a distinction, especially Muslim extremists.

LightisTruth111
captain of 50

Postby LightisTruth111 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:08 am

MMbelieve wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:36 pm

some thoughts I have
Mormons is not how LDS should be refering to themselves, you are the true Christians, be the saint your meant to be. Are thou ashamed of Christ? If the whole world turns against you the Lord God is with you, is that not enough?

bradfordjames8
captain of 10

Kutv news: LDS temple threat

Postby bradfordjames8 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:24 am

Anyone have any further info or sources on this story

http://kutv.com/news/local/image-with-l ... ing-online

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby Fiannan » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:20 pm

MMbelieve wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:33 pm
kittycat51 wrote:
I wondered if it was San Diego as a target and they used a well known landmark in the poster. If they were targeting "mormons" you would think the SLC temple would represent that?

It hasn't hit me in my gut...yet. We know that the saints will not escape the persecutions that the early saints faced.

Good will be a target of evil and that group is evil, but their goal is to create fear and chaos by any means in any place against any people.
California is a "sanctuary state" so it would be far easier to get into southern California and remain hidden while planning any terrorist attacks.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors."
Plato

MMbelieve
captain of 100

Postby MMbelieve » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:28 pm

Fiannan wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:20 pm
MMbelieve wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:33 pm
kittycat51 wrote:

California is a "sanctuary state" so it would be far easier to get into southern California and remain hidden while planning any terrorist attacks.
I agree, I lived there for 12 years! I liked my time there but am glad I left and won't go back.

JohnnyL
captain of 1,000

Postby JohnnyL » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:32 pm

So, some station said it was on "an unnamed terror-related website"... Is that all?

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Postby Sunain » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:45 pm

ISIS can make all the threats they want. It is His house. He will protect His house if that is His wish to do so. We know He visits His temples as do angels and those in the Spirit World. The temples are dedicated to Him and in all the dedicatory prayers it is asked to protect the building from evil and the elements.

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Postby LdsMarco » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Let me begin to say that I know God has all power but if the church members are not doing what they're supposed to be doing, then I don't see why this cannot happen. Especially if the House of the Lord has been polluted. I had this vision when I went to the temple last month. So yea, It truly wouldn't surprise me

MMbelieve
captain of 100

Postby MMbelieve » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:29 pm

LdsMarco wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:05 pm
Let me begin to say that I know God has all power but if the church members are not doing what they're supposed to be doing, then I don't see why this cannot happen. Especially if the House of the Lord has been polluted. I had this vision when I went to the temple last month. So yea, It truly wouldn't surprise me

To clarify...you had a vision of the San Diego temple being affected as implied in this threat?

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Postby LdsMarco » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:13 am

MMbelieve wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:29 pm
To clarify...you had a vision of the San Diego temple being affected as implied in this threat?
Not specifically San Diego. In general.

I just received an email that I was not the only one who saw this in vision. In fact, this person has more details of the vision and still works in the temple in Salt Lake.

MMbelieve
captain of 100

Postby MMbelieve » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:20 am

LdsMarco wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:13 am
MMbelieve wrote:

I just received an email that I was not the only one who saw this in vision. In fact, this person has more details of the vision and still works in the temple in Salt Lake.
okay thanks for clarifying. I actually am not sure that the temple in San Diego was specifically targeted. There were three other posters made as well, France, rome, and NYC

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Postby LdsMarco » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:15 am

MMbelieve wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:20 am
[4okay thanks for clarifying. I actually am not sure that the temple in San Diego was specifically targeted. There were three other posters made as well, France, rome, and NYC
good catch

kittycat51
captain of 100

Postby kittycat51 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:24 pm

LdsMarco wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:13 am
MMbelieve wrote:

Can you expound? Give more details of your dream?

JohnnyL
captain of 1,000

Postby JohnnyL » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:28 pm

JohnnyL wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:32 pm
So, some station said it was on "an unnamed terror-related website"... Is that all?
Any source? Any second confirmation?

Sarah
captain of 1,000

Postby Sarah » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:43 pm

LdsMarco wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:05 pm

I've suspected that something involving our temples will be part of the sign of the abomination of desolation, which I suspect will happen about the same time war comes to our nation. Read Matthew (JS Matt.), Mark and specifically Luke, and compare the warnings.

James-T-Prout
captain of 50

Postby James-T-Prout » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:42 pm

I wrote about this type of scenario in the book.

In the future there will be a Great and Abominable Church (Nephi) / The Whore Church Babylon the Great (John)

When this entity rises and mounts the 4th Beast Kingdom of the Gentiles, it will have immense religious power.

And guess what....the Muslims are involved.

See the Timeline of the Last Days Here

You can download a large HD version of the image here: https://www.lastdaystimeline.com/

I wrote about what the Great and Abominable Church is in the Appendix.
The material above comes from the book I wrote "The Last Days Timeline".

Up-to-date information is found here "What the Scriptures Say About Donald Trump - How Long Will He Last?" http://www.LastDaysTimeline.com/donald-trump

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Postby LdsMarco » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:59 am

I just noticed a quote by Gordon B Hinckley on today's scheduled lesson.
https://www.lds.org/manual/teachings-of ... e?lang=eng

He states:

Even as President Hinckley announced large numbers of new temples, and even as he marveled at their beauty, he reminded Latter-day Saints of the purpose of those sacred edifices: to bless individuals and families, one by one. Speaking of the San Diego California Temple, he said: “What a magnificently beautiful building that is. But with all the beauty of that building, that structure is only a means to an end and not an end in itself. That facility was erected and dedicated for the performance of the sacred ordinances which the Lord has revealed in this time.”

Not sure what he meant by that. Just thought it was worth mentioning.

JohnnyL
captain of 1,000

Postby JohnnyL » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:48 pm

JohnnyL wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:28 pm
JohnnyL wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:32 pm
Any source? Any second confirmation?
As of now, this "threat" is complete speculation. There is no verifiable source.

Return to “News”