A man with an army is far deadlier than a man with a gun

Discuss political news items / current events.
oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Re: A man with an army is far deadlier than a man with a gun

Post by oneClimbs »

dafty wrote: November 7th, 2017, 8:29 am if u think u can compare a typical US citizen to an Afghan soldier that lived and breathed war and confict through all his life, then think again. They have skills and knowledge that have been acquired over many generations...plus what caves are u gonna hide yourself in, in Salt Lake City? read or watch some movies about WW2 uprisings in European countries and soon u will see where im coming from. Any uprising/or The Afghan war for that matter, does not consist of common folk fighting his own battles, but has always been well organised under an experienced command. U cant compare it to a current situation in US when any mad man with a licence can get himself a gun from walmart, and then take it to cinema, theatre or even Church-ridiculous!!!
I live in the woods in central Texas hill country. Given the choice between defending myself and my family with my fists or a rifle, I'd take the latter and so would anyone else. An armed public and in the sheer numbers we have in the US would cause a lot of trouble for an invading force, that's just a fact. Compared to a nation of people armed with rocks and sticks, there's no comparison.