Hero Neighbor Grabs His Rifle...

Discuss political news items / current events.
eddie
captain of 1,000

Hero Neighbor Grabs His Rifle...

Post by eddie »

Texas church shooting;

A neighbor to the Church heard the shooting, grabbed his rifle and exchanged gunfire with the shooter and then went on a 95 mph chase to catch him. The shooter had numerous guns in his car, who knows what he had planned, but he drove into a ditch and was stopped.

2nd Amendment, " The right to keep and bear arms."
The Dems will have a field day with this shooting, I am pleased the hero neighbor had the guts and the gun to intervene!
What is the lefts agenda in disarming the American people and do you think they will ever accomplish their goal, if so, how?

If we give up our gun rights,
We will all be victims.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Hero Neighbor Grabs His Rifle...

Post by David13 »

Eddie, when you call 911 you are asking them to send a cop ... with a gun! All cops in the USA are armed. So if you don't like guns, you should never call 911, because a person with a gun will come, after a while.
dc

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Yes, and they will come after I'm nothing but a dead corpse because I didn't have a gun to protect myself.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

eddie wrote: November 6th, 2017, 8:34 am Yes, and they will come after I'm nothing but a dead corpse because I didn't have a gun to protect myself.
Well, maybe, unless there is a good guy with a gun there that stops the bad guy there with a gun. Could be a cop who gets a paycheck to do it, or just a civic minded citizen or resident who does it because it is the right thing to do.
dc

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

"But had they awakened the Lamanites, behold they were drunken and the Nephites could have slain them. But behold, this was not the desire of Moroni; he did not delight in murder or bloodshed, but he delighted in the saving of his people from destruction; and for this cause he might not bring upon him injustice, he would not fall upon the Lamanites and destroy them in their drunkenness." (Alma 55:18-19)
For every "bad guy" out there who use weapons to kill, there are good guys who defend the defenseless. Moroni hated killing people, I imagine seeing a blood-stained sword sickened him. I'll even bet he hated the fact that swords had to exist at all. But above all, he hated bad people slaughtering the innocent so he armed himself with the means to prevent that from happening.

As long as evil men exist, good men must arm themselves with the tools to stop them.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

5tev3 wrote: November 6th, 2017, 10:59 am
"But had they awakened the Lamanites, behold they were drunken and the Nephites could have slain them. But behold, this was not the desire of Moroni; he did not delight in murder or bloodshed, but he delighted in the saving of his people from destruction; and for this cause he might not bring upon him injustice, he would not fall upon the Lamanites and destroy them in their drunkenness." (Alma 55:18-19)
For every "bad guy" out there who use weapons to kill, there are good guys who defend the defenseless. Moroni hated killing people, I imagine seeing a blood-stained sword sickened him. I'll even bet he hated the fact that swords had to exist at all. But above all, he hated bad people slaughtering the innocent so he armed himself with the means to prevent that from happening.

As long as evil men exist, good men must arm themselves with the tools to stop them.
If you want to play in the Telestial / Babylon kingdom, lots of blood. What did Enoch use?

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

Arenera wrote: November 6th, 2017, 11:06 am

If you want to play in the Telestial / Babylon kingdom, lots of blood. What did Enoch use?
When I’m like Enoch I’ll probably do as he did, but until then I’ll have to use the tools at my disposal as Captain Moroni did. Not out of preference, but out of necessity. I hope to God that I will never be in a situation where I would have to take another human life, I don’t even eat meat because I value animal life. I caputure spiders and let them go outside for crying out loud.

If I could do anything to stop innocent life from being destroyed without bloodshed, I would choose that course of action. I lock my doors, I watch out for the people around me and I’m willing to reluctantly use force to protect the innocent if I have to.

“Be Enoch” is a wonderful thing to pursue. What a great thing that would be right?

So you don’t play in this kingdom? You defend everyone around you with the power of your faith alone? Nephi, Captain Moroni, Helaman, Mormon, and Moroni were all Telestial men?

People don’t just snap their fingers and become Enoch. Enoch was also given a specific mission from the Lord and had specific promises that were given to him. We believe that our constitution and form of government was inspired by God and that we are duty-bound to uphold it.

We are not under the same mandate as Enoch, but like you, I wish that we were. I wish that we lived in the millennium and that we did not have to shed blood for food, but we are not in the millennium and the Lord has allowed for the shedding of blood to sustain life in times of need. Even though I do not have a need to shed blood for my own sustenance, and survive on a plant-based diet, I acknowledge that if I was not able to secure proper nutrition through plants due to a famine or scarcity of food that I would be justified in taking anima life to support mine.

In that same respect I would hope that my faith in God would be sufficient enough to protect those that I love along with others who may be in the path of violent men. In the event that my faith is not sufficient, I reserve for myself the ability to protect those around me with whatever tools I have available.

I’m sure Captain Moroni prayed and begged God to end the violence without bloodshed but still sharped his sword and had it ready for whatever lay ahead.

The Nephite people were always armed for their own protection. So was Joseph Smith just before he lost his life. I’m sorry to disappoint you, but I’m not ready to place myself on the same level as Captain Moroni, Joseph Smith, or Enoch. If you are, then power to you, and feel free to enlighten the rest of us Telestial people.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

5tev3 wrote: November 6th, 2017, 12:25 pm

When I’m like Enoch I’ll probably do as he did, but until then I’ll have to use the tools at my disposal as Captain Moroni did. Not out of preference, but out of necessity. I hope to God that I will never be in a situation where I would have to take another human life, I don’t even eat meat because I value animal life. I caputure spiders and let them go outside for crying out loud.

If I could do anything to stop innocent life from being destroyed without bloodshed, I would choose that course of action. I lock my doors, I watch out for the people around me and I’m willing to reluctantly use force to protect the innocent if I have to.

“Be Enoch” is a wonderful thing to pursue. What a great thing that would be right?

So you don’t play in this kingdom? You defend everyone around you with the power of your faith alone? Nephi, Captain Moroni, Helaman, Mormon, and Moroni were all Telestial men?

People don’t just snap their fingers and become Enoch. Enoch was also given a specific mission from the Lord and had specific promises that were given to him. We believe that our constitution and form of government was inspired by God and that we are duty-bound to uphold it.

We are not under the same mandate as Enoch, but like you, I wish that we were. I wish that we lived in the millennium and that we did not have to shed blood for food, but we are not in the millennium and the Lord has allowed for the shedding of blood to sustain life in times of need. Even though I do not have a need to shed blood for my own sustenance, and survive on a plant-based diet, I acknowledge that if I was not able to secure proper nutrition through plants due to a famine or scarcity of food that I would be justified in taking anima life to support mine.

In that same respect I would hope that my faith in God would be sufficient enough to protect those that I love along with others who may be in the path of violent men. In the event that my faith is not sufficient, I reserve for myself the ability to protect those around me with whatever tools I have available.

I’m sure Captain Moroni prayed and begged God to end the violence without bloodshed but still sharped his sword and had it ready for whatever lay ahead.

The Nephite people were always armed for their own protection. So was Joseph Smith just before he lost his life. I’m sorry to disappoint you, but I’m not ready to place myself on the same level as Captain Moroni, Joseph Smith, or Enoch. If you are, then power to you, and feel free to enlighten the rest of us Telestial people.
Relevant:
Alma 43:46 And they were doing that which they felt was the duty which they owed to their God; for the Lord had said unto them, and also unto their fathers, that: Inasmuch as ye are not guilty of the first offense, neither the second, ye shall not suffer yourselves to be slain by the hands of your enemies.
47 And again, the Lord has said that: Ye shall defend your families even unto bloodshed. Therefore for this cause were the Nephites contending with the Lamanites, to defend themselves, and their families, and their lands, their country, and their rights, and their religion.
If this is true (it is) then I'm going to use the best durn tools available to defend my family. Haven't you people read the end times prophecies!?!

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

alaris wrote: November 6th, 2017, 12:33 pm

Relevant:
Alma 43:46 And they were doing that which they felt was the duty which they owed to their God; for the Lord had said unto them, and also unto their fathers, that: Inasmuch as ye are not guilty of the first offense, neither the second, ye shall not suffer yourselves to be slain by the hands of your enemies.
47 And again, the Lord has said that: Ye shall defend your families even unto bloodshed. Therefore for this cause were the Nephites contending with the Lamanites, to defend themselves, and their families, and their lands, their country, and their rights, and their religion.
If this is true (it is) then I'm going to use the best durn tools available to defend my family. Haven't you people read the end times prophecies!?!
Have we not received a direction?
I urgently plead with each one of us to live up to our privileges as bearers of the priesthood. In a coming day, only those men who have taken their priesthood seriously, by diligently seeking to be taught by the Lord Himself, will be able to bless, guide, protect, strengthen, and heal others.
Do you think you are going to shoot your way out of the end times prophecies!?!

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

Arenera wrote: November 6th, 2017, 12:52 pm

Relevant:
I urgently plead with each one of us to live up to our privileges as bearers of the priesthood. In a coming day, only those men who have taken their priesthood seriously, by diligently seeking to be taught by the Lord Himself, will be able to bless, guide, protect, strengthen, and heal others.
gosh thank you

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

...and the evil neighbours will come and ravage through your food storage and even a good gun aint gonna stop them...

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Arenera wrote: November 6th, 2017, 12:52 pm

Relevant:
I have faith my family will be protected but part of that protection is being ready and prepared to follow the Lord's command (see Lot and his family.)

ZION will be protected but there may be danger en route where those who will need to follow the Lord's commandment to defend our families from bloodshed.
D&C 45:66 And it shall be called the New Jerusalem, a land of peace, a city of refuge, a place of safety for the saints of the Most High God;
67 And the glory of the Lord shall be there, and the terror of the Lord also shall be there, insomuch that the wicked will not come unto it, and it shall be called Zion.
68 And it shall come to pass among the wicked, that every man that will not take his sword against his neighbor must needs flee unto Zion for safety.
So it would be more accurate to say I plan on shooting through the end times prophecies if necessary. If and when my fellow LDS are commanded to relocate to ZION I invite them to join me and my family who include hunters and myself who have been using firearms all my life and am a crack shot - not a... How did dafty put it? A crazed immature us citizen shooting every which direction. Well I may be slightly immature ;)

Any fellow saint who takes D&C 45 seriously will prepare themselves to keep their family safe at the Lord's command given the truth of these prophecies of upcoming chaos.

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

68 And it shall come to pass among the wicked, that every man that will not take his sword against his neighbor must needs flee unto Zion for safety.
...so whilst ur shooting away to ur hearts content, I shall flee unto Zion lol
PS. will I need a visa as a part of my last day prep? lol ;-)

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

...where I will join Zions army and come to ur and ur family's rescue😁

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

Oh and by the way Mr.Alaris- being a cracking shot whilst hunting helpless and innocent animals, with ur family and friends, all carrying guns and sitting high on horses, does not adequately represent/nor prepare for the events prophesied in last days. The elderly living on farms, single woman living in little apartments in Harlem etc. have no chance against mobs and gangs, consiting of men 6foot + tall, weighing at least 220lbs each, full of drugs and steroids...and guns!!!Heck, I reckon me and my irish gypsy friends lol would enter ur house and eat all of ur food storage and ur guns wouldnt help much 🤣
It all has to be organised.well organised...thats why God sends His servants I suppose...

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

I will say this. That in the end, it will indeed come down to the power of faith as has been said.

There is an assumption that just because you are armed that you think you will "shoot your way through" end times prophecies. I don't think anyone here actually thinks that. I'll speak for myself by noting that none of us actually knows when that end will come. Every year here on this forum leading up to fall there are speculations of war and the beginning of the end and they've been wrong every single time. True, at some point, things will go down and someone will be right but I would suspect that that would be purely out of luck and repetition rather than foreknowledge.

We've had many wars since the restoration. War after war after war and there may very well be many more until the end comes. Until then, it is probably best to retain the means for our defense and by physically prepared as the Nephites were, but also spiritually preparing ourselves for whatever the Lord may require of us, when he sees fit to command us otherwise.

Is that reasonable? Too much or not enough?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

dafty wrote: November 6th, 2017, 2:17 pm Oh and by the way Mr.Alaris- being a cracking shot whilst hunting helpless and innocent animals, with ur family and friends, all carrying guns and sitting high on horses, does not adequately represent/nor prepare for the events prophesied in last days. The elderly living on farms, single woman living in little apartments in Harlem etc. have no chance against mobs and gangs, consiting of men 6foot + tall, weighing at least 220lbs each, full of drugs and steroids...and guns!!!Heck, I reckon me and my irish gypsy friends lol would enter ur house and eat all of ur food storage and ur guns wouldnt help much 🤣
It all has to be organised.well organised...thats why God sends His servants I suppose...
Agreed - and that's why I believe he will come from within the ranks of the LDS church - in a time of chaos, there are few organizations as well organized as the LDS church that could act as a temporary substitute for some semblance of law and order.

Also, I Alaris, being a man large in stature and having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days; yea, having had a great knowledge of the goodness and the mysteries of God ... wherefore I will fear not the mobs nor the mayhem, but I will follow the Lord unto the end of my days - only taking aim at others in the defense of my family, my liberty, and at God's command!

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

so we ended up agreeing again.. boooorrring😂