George H. Bush, " David Cop A Feel."

Discuss political news items / current events.
eddie
captain of 1,000

George H. Bush, " David Cop A Feel."

Post by eddie »

Christina Baker, a writer, had an incident with George H. at a photoshoot, when he realized she was a writer, he asked if she wanted to know his favorite book," Of course she said," he said " David Cop A Feel," and then squeezed her buttocks.

Was this a joke, did someone take it out of context? Is this woman seeking attention? Did anyone besides me burst out laughing at his favorite book? Who is David Copperfield?

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: George H. Bush, " David Cop A Feel."

Post by Elizabeth »

Yes this woman is seeking publicity with another ridiculous accusation to add to the many in todays idiotic media.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

The guy is what, about 187,000 years old now? I'm surprised he doesn't drool all day, after losing to Bill Clinton and having kids like W and Jeb. He's a Texican now, right? Do what Texicans do with their people: Give him a beer and put him in front of a bonfire with a weenie on a roasting stick. He'll be fine.

That friggin' bandwagon is going to get so overloaded the axles are going to break.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

I have no idea who Christina Baker is, so I cannot tell if she is an attention seeker or not. I'd like to think the best of people and think that she is telling the truth. I don't want to think that she has some malevolent motive to slander George H. My guess also is that George was just joking. And that is the problem. He might have thought it was funny, but she certainly didn't. I'd like to think that the reason Baker told this to show how common and widespread this kind of behaviour toward women is. Someone like George H. should know better. He has probably been in many meetings were the problem of sexual harassment has been addressed.

WhereCanITurn4Peace
captain of 100

Post by WhereCanITurn4Peace »

inho wrote: October 29th, 2017, 10:22 am My guess also is that George was just joking. And that is the problem. He might have thought it was funny, but she certainly didn't. I'd like to think that the reason Baker told this to show how common and widespread this kind of behaviour toward women is.
Yes...although some may think it's no big deal or that some women are attention-seekers, hopefully these stories are conducive to thoughtful discussion about how pervasive and disturbing sexual harassment and abuse is. Sadly, I can give several examples in my own life starting when very young and continuing to the present time. Many of my girlfriends and female family members also.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Maybe George was making fun of Cops? 👮🏻👮🏻