Ominous Earthquake Swarm at Yellowstone Now One of the Longest On Record

Discuss political news items / current events.
DEEPER storm
captain of 100

Ominous Earthquake Swarm at Yellowstone Now One of the Longest On Record

Post by DEEPER storm »

The rumblings beneath the formerly dormant supervolcano known as the Yellowstone caldera just won't quit. And the ongoing earthquake swarm at the Yellowstone National Park supervolcano is now one of the longest ever recorded, having started on June 12.

Over the past three and a half months, almost 2,500 earthquakes have been recorded in the western part of the national park. This is on par with the biggest swarm ever recorded, where more than 3,000 earthquakes took place over three months, Newsweek reports.

According to NASA, an eruption at Yellowstone could plunge the earth into a volcanic winter and destroy crops and livestock, precipitating widespread famines. Food reserves would only last about 74 days, according to the UN, after an eruption of a super volcano, like that under Yellowstone.

With an eruption long overdue, NASA has devised a plan to drill into the caldera and try to artificially cool it – a strategy that researchers say comes with its own risks.

Scientists at the USGS say the months long earthquake storm at the caldera has ended; however, they played down the risks posed by the swarm shortly after it started over the summer, only for the rumbling to continue. Others maintain that an eruption is long overdue.

DEEPER storm
captain of 100

Re: Ominous Earthquake Swarm at Yellowstone Now One of the Longest On Record

Post by DEEPER storm »

Solar minimum reduces Earth defense again against cosmic rays. Volcanic, earthquake activity increases with more cosmic rays.

Cosmic Rays: The Driving Force in Climate Changes, Volcanos and Earthquakes http://galacticconnection.com/cosmic-ra ... -climate-c...

More clouds more rain too + less energy from a quiescent Sun = Global Cooling.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

DEEPER storm wrote: October 7th, 2017, 7:59 am Solar minimum reduces Earth defense again against cosmic rays. Volcanic, earthquake activity increases with more cosmic rays.

Cosmic Rays: The Driving Force in Climate Changes, Volcanos and Earthquakes http://galacticconnection.com/cosmic-ra ... -climate-c...

More clouds more rain too + less energy from a quiescent Sun = Global Cooling.
Genesis 1:28 commands us to subdue the Earth. :mrgreen:

Nuclear power and burning fossil fuels heats things up, and OTEC cools things down.

No wonder men suffer, when they fail to do as they are commanded. :evil:

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

Cool Beans, I was just in Yellowstone Yesterday. I didn't see anything. I did see some buffalo, elk and annoying road construction.

DEEPER storm
captain of 100

Post by DEEPER storm »

OCDMOM wrote: October 7th, 2017, 10:00 pm Cool Beans, I was just in Yellowstone Yesterday. I didn't see anything. I did see some buffalo, elk and annoying road construction.
According to NASA, an eruption at Yellowstone could plunge the earth into a volcanic winter and destroy crops and livestock, precipitating widespread famines. Food reserves would only last about 74 days, according to the UN, after an eruption of a super volcano, like that under Yellowstone.

This is the sort of work that will happen in the months to come, gather up all of the available data and start crunching numbers,” Poland says. “What we can say now is that through the of September, the University of Utah has located 2,475 earthquakes in the swarm. This puts the 2017 swarm on par with that of 1985, which lasted three months and had over 3,000 located events

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Seems like it would be easier to just repent instead of doing all that drilling.

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

DEEPER storm wrote: October 8th, 2017, 9:44 am
OCDMOM wrote: October 7th, 2017, 10:00 pm Cool Beans, I was just in Yellowstone Yesterday. I didn't see anything. I did see some buffalo, elk and annoying road construction.

This is the sort of work that will happen in the months to come, gather up all of the available data and start crunching numbers,” Poland says. “What we can say now is that through the of September, the University of Utah has located 2,475 earthquakes in the swarm. This puts the 2017 swarm on par with that of 1985, which lasted three months and had over 3,000 located events
[/quoteI
I'm not saying that it can't happen. Yellowstone is my favorite place. It is really fascinating. Last time it erupted a mountain disappeared. Read this for cool info on Yellowstone. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowstone_Caldera

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

DEEPER storm wrote: October 8th, 2017, 9:44 am

Why it is good to have a food storage. You never know when you'll need it. The amount of 'natural disasters' does seem to be escalating. 74 days of food supply seems optimistic. Look at the hurricanes did to the supplies in Texas and Flordia in the last month. They got decimated. Thankfully they were localized events and supplies could return after the hurricanes went by. If this isn't enough for people to listen to the prophets and apostles to get a food storage and emergency kit in order, I dunno what else the Lord can do to warn us. He's certainly given us more than sufficient time to be prepared.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Luke 21:25 ¶ And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Here's the JST:
25 And he answered them, and said, In the generation in which the times of the Gentiles shall be fulfilled, there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations with perplexity, like the sea and the waves roaring. The earth also shall be troubled, and the waters of the great deep;

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Meili wrote: October 8th, 2017, 10:41 am Seems like it would be easier to just repent instead of doing all that drilling.

And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it ... Genesis1:28

George Claude's Cuban OTEC Experiment: a Lesson of Tenacity for Entrepreneurs. wrote:
Introduction

At the dawn of the 21st century a proposal first postulated at the beginning of the 19th century lies virtually dormant, namely "Energie Thermique des Mers" or OTEC1 as it is normally referred to today. Although the concept has been known for over a hundred years and could be of major benefit to mankind, it has so far not been exploited to any significant extent.

World Wars then began which brought about advances in Titanium Production, but also Nuclear Power.

Then the Space Race with the Russians, the Cold War and many other things distracted us. Cheap Oil beguiled us along an easy path for first-world countries such as ours.

President Carter accelerated OTEC as his educated answer to OPEC's Embargo. Bush and others fell for OPEC's price manipulation to stall progress, while India and other third world countries flailed in desperation.

And now Tesla seeks to sway Puerto Rico to use PV Solar, when OTEC has many potential side-benefits that remain unrealized. Hydrogen is the best means to store energy from renewable resources. If the Hydrogen Economy was in place, then the enormous hydrothermal energy from Yellowstone would be of great value.

So too, neutralizing hurricanes, would become just one of many amazing things OTEC is capable of. Thankfully Japan has caught the vision, after experiencing the devastating effects earthquakes can wreak upon Nuclear Power. Japan will showcase fuel cells and hydrogen technologies during the Olympics.

Neutralizing Hurricanes is the low hanging fruit that we are easily capable of harvesting. We are to act where we can, in the same spirit of "we are saved, after all we can do" 2 Nephi 25:23.