North Korea Moving Aircraft into ATTACK Position

Discuss political news items / current events.
Tree
captain of 100

North Korea Moving Aircraft into ATTACK Position

Post by Tree »

READY TO STRIKE North Korea moves warplanes into US bombers’ flight path after warning Trump they’ll shoot down any American jet they see

The dictatorship's foreign minister yesterday claimed Pyongyang could target US jets flying outside North Korean airspace.

Continues here:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4543242/w ... wn-planes/

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: North Korea Moving Aircraft into ATTACK Position

Post by Silver »

Well then, if Trump will just remove all US troops from South Korea and pull back all the ships and planes that threaten North Korea, North Korea won't be able to see any American jet and therefore won't shoot down any either. Who knew achieving peace was so easy?

It seems that the old saying, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." only applies when the US gets to do the doing and not when the US is getting it done to itself. Or at least that's what the warmongers who support Trump think.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Any day now, folks. Still waiting on tech support in China, most likely.
attackdelayed.jpg
attackdelayed.jpg (71.8 KiB) Viewed 653 times

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

Silver wrote: September 26th, 2017, 10:22 am Well then, if Trump will just remove all US troops from South Korea and pull back all the ships and planes that threaten North Korea, North Korea won't be able to see any American jet and therefore won't shoot down any either. Who knew achieving peace was so easy?

It seems that the old saying, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." only applies when the US gets to do the doing and not when the US is getting it done to itself. Or at least that's what the warmongers who support Trump think.
I agree that there is a double standard, and we should be a lot less involved in defending the world, but the reality is also there that if we were not there the North would take over the South, and China would be supportive. I recently read an article written by an American who was able to visit NK, and he said the biggest concern the citizens of North Korea had was the subject of reunification. They have been told by their leaders ever since the Korean War that America has taken over South Korea, making them starve, and doing all sorts of horrible things to them. So North Koreans see the need to free the South Koreans from the evil Americans. My bet is if there is a war, it will be the North invading the South, not some random missile fired at main-land USA.

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

Those in the know say something is about to go down, so you can believe that. To what extent and what it will lead to we shall see.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Sarah wrote: September 26th, 2017, 10:58 am
Silver wrote: September 26th, 2017, 10:22 am Well then, if Trump will just remove all US troops from South Korea and pull back all the ships and planes that threaten North Korea, North Korea won't be able to see any American jet and therefore won't shoot down any either. Who knew achieving peace was so easy?

I agree that there is a double standard, and we should be a lot less involved in defending the world, but the reality is also there that if we were not there the North would take over the South, and China would be supportive. I recently read an article written by an American who was able to visit NK, and he said the biggest concern the citizens of North Korea had was the subject of reunification. They have been told by their leaders ever since the Korean War that America has taken over South Korea, making them starve, and doing all sorts of horrible things to them. So North Koreans see the need to free the South Koreans from the evil Americans. My bet is if there is a war, it will be the North invading the South, not some random missile fired at main-land USA.
The dilemma is that Russia has killed millions of citizens within her own borders. China has too. Why doesn't the US attack those countries first? Just from sheer numbers, the sins of Russia/China are much greater than North Korea under the Kim clan or Iraq under Saddam Hussein or Iran under the mullahs or Libya under Qaddafi. If it is the mission of the US to save every person and to establish democracy in every country, why do we only attack countries outside BIS/Swift? Why does the House of Saud get to kill their own people and those of Yemen with impunity and yet the Marmalade goes there and does a Dancing With The Stars rendition with them like they are the most civilized creatures that ever walked the face of the earth?

Further, South Korea has twice the population of North Korea, and many multiples higher GDP. Why don't we let SK pull up their big boy britches and defend their own country? Why don't we allow them to choose if they want to fight or be communist? Are you only in favor of free agency when they choose exactly what the network news at 6 and 10 tells you they should choose? Self-determination is a wonderful concept and, guess what, sometimes rational adults determine that they want something you don't want.

If it would be some kind of unmitigated disaster for South Korea with her 51 million people to fall under communism, what are we to think of the 1 trillion plus living in Red China? Why are South Koreans worth more to us than the Chinese? Why hasn't the 7th fleet shelled all China's coastal cities so more Chinese can be free and drive Chevys?

I propose that we seek peace. Maybe if we didn't threaten Kim's regime, he wouldn't threaten us. Maybe if we flooded his country with food, he would remember the days of his youth outside of NK and relax a bit. I propose that we follow President Kimball and pray for our enemies so that we no longer think of them as enemies, so that they become our friends. If we want to be a Zion-like people, we have to stop liking war.

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

You can forget peace, we will be fighting or threatening to fight somewhere from now and long after you and I are in the ground.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Gage wrote: September 26th, 2017, 11:36 am You can forget peace, we will be fighting or threatening to fight somewhere from now and long after you and I are in the ground.
That is the sad reality of this world. However, I still seek for the ideal: an environment of truth and peace.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Gage wrote: September 26th, 2017, 11:14 am Those in the know say something is about to go down, so you can believe that. To what extent and what it will lead to we shall see.
What does "in the know" mean? And what are we using as a pretext to launch into combat?

If it's just because Un has big bad scary nukes, I can't see us pulling another Operation Iraqi Freedom and getting away with it.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Silver wrote: September 26th, 2017, 11:20 am
I propose that we seek peace. Maybe if we didn't threaten Kim's regime, he wouldn't threaten us. Maybe if we flooded his country with food, he would remember the days of his youth outside of NK and relax a bit. I propose that we follow President Kimball and pray for our enemies so that we no longer think of them as enemies, so that they become our friends. If we want to be a Zion-like people, we have to stop liking war.
I like this idea so much I had to thank twice!

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

I have family in the Army, they are positioning, or whatever they call it, getting set up to do something. He would not tell me, just that something is planned and that he couldnt say anymore. I think he told me to watch the news. I could not get him to admit to an air strike or any type of attack. He flies an Apache. I suspect if Kim keeps spouting off it will be sooner than later.

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

Silver wrote: September 26th, 2017, 11:20 am
Sarah wrote: September 26th, 2017, 10:58 am

The dilemma is that Russia has killed millions of citizens within her own borders. China has too. Why doesn't the US attack those countries first? Just from sheer numbers, the sins of Russia/China are much greater than North Korea under the Kim clan or Iraq under Saddam Hussein or Iran under the mullahs or Libya under Qaddafi. If it is the mission of the US to save every person and to establish democracy in every country, why do we only attack countries outside BIS/Swift? Why does the House of Saud get to kill their own people and those of Yemen with impunity and yet the Marmalade goes there and does a Dancing With The Stars rendition with them like they are the most civilized creatures that ever walked the face of the earth?

Further, South Korea has twice the population of North Korea, and many multiples higher GDP. Why don't we let SK pull up their big boy britches and defend their own country? Why don't we allow them to choose if they want to fight or be communist? Are you only in favor of free agency when they choose exactly what the network news at 6 and 10 tells you they should choose? Self-determination is a wonderful concept and, guess what, sometimes rational adults determine that they want something you don't want.

If it would be some kind of unmitigated disaster for South Korea with her 51 million people to fall under communism, what are we to think of the 1 trillion plus living in Red China? Why are South Koreans worth more to us than the Chinese? Why hasn't the 7th fleet shelled all China's coastal cities so more Chinese can be free and drive Chevys?

I share your views generally. I think what Trump is doing with all his provocative name-calling is foolish and wrong. (And I did not vote for him btw) If I were Pres, which I'm glad I am not, I would tell the people to not worry about how many bombs people are building but to trust in the Lord and obey Him. No need to say a word of threat until we are attacked. So that's where I'm questioning what is appropriate with South Korea. If there was no provocation and suddenly they were being invaded and they asked for our help, would or should we help them? If America was being attacked would I appreciate it if others came to our defense? It doesn't seem so cut and dry when you are looking at defending borders.

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

I share your views generally. I think what Trump is doing with all his provocative name-calling is foolish and wrong. (And I did not vote for him btw) If I were Pres, which I'm glad I am not, I would tell the people to not worry about how many bombs people are building but to trust in the Lord and obey Him. No need to say a word of threat until we are attacked. So that's where I'm questioning what is appropriate with South Korea. If there was no provocation and suddenly they were being invaded and they asked for our help, would or should we help them? If America was being attacked would I appreciate it if others came to our defense? It doesn't seem so cut and dry when you are looking at defending borders.
[/quote]

Are you ashamed of the fact someone might think you voted for Trump? Why I agree with trusting in the Lord, I dont think the Lord expects us to sit back and hope no one attacks or blows up cities, or that we take precautions against attack. You cant let rogue commie countries build bombs that will wipe out humanity and just sit back and wait until you are wiped out to defend yourself.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

This is a tough situation. Imagine the US is Jack Bauer and North Korea is a 7 year old boy who likes to kill ants with a magnifying glass under the sun. If that boy tried to fight Jack Bauer, he'd probably just put his hand on the boy's head while the kid swung his arms in vain to land a punch and have a good laugh. NK provoking the US is suicide. But NK getting nukes is like the little boy then pulling out a gun. Now you aren't just defending against prepubescent fists, but a weapon that could cause you serious harm or death if the shot is in the right spot.

We are far from vulnerable though. We should be able to shoot down whatever they send our way. I don't believe in pre-emptive war and I think we really need to calm down our rhetoric and not provoke NK in the least. It's a hard situation to be in.

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

Are you ashamed of the fact someone might think you voted for Trump? Why I agree with trusting in the Lord, I dont think the Lord expects us to sit back and hope no one attacks or blows up cities, or that we take precautions against attack. You cant let rogue commie countries build bombs that will wipe out humanity and just sit back and wait until you are wiped out to defend yourself.
Gage, I was simply clarifying my position, and I wanted to make clear that I have always been distrustful of Trump enough to not vote for him. I don't agree with his actions regarding North Korea. Even if Romney was Pres, and was using similar rhetoric, I would not support that, and I'm not ashamed to say that I supported Romney and I know that is not a popular position to have on this forum.

I don't know where Trump's heart is. There are many things he says that I agree with. But there was a time when he supported many democrats and their positions. His stance on some social issues and immoral behaviors in the past also gave me pause. He has been courting the far-right crowd for a long time, and for all I know, he knows exactly what he is doing in stirring up the pot.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

I am laughing at anyone who believes if Hillary would have won we wouldn't be at War or threatening war in the exact same places.

The president changes, and so do the words and the tone, but the actions remain the same...more war.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Silver wrote: September 26th, 2017, 11:38 am
Gage wrote: September 26th, 2017, 11:36 am You can forget peace, we will be fighting or threatening to fight somewhere from now and long after you and I are in the ground.
That is the sad reality of this world. However, I still seek for the ideal: an environment of truth and peace.
I seek to have the physique of the guy who plays Thor. We're both going to be disappointed until some very drastic changes happen, unfortunately.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

iWriteStuff wrote: September 26th, 2017, 10:27 am Any day now, folks. Still waiting on tech support in China, most likely.
I saw a different one:
we-will-attack.jpg
we-will-attack.jpg (50.65 KiB) Viewed 434 times