We failed to subdue Hurricane Harvey and Irma IAW Genesis 1:28

Discuss political news items / current events.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

We failed to subdue Hurricane Harvey and Irma IAW Genesis 1:28

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Depth and currents play a big role here, and in Puerto Rico. Irma's latest forecast has it headed exactly for an ideal location for a land based OTEC facility of the type that could neutralize hurricanes. Genesis 1:28 commands that we are to "subdue" the Earth. :ymhug:

Our destruction is in-part due to our disobedience. Certainly our mis-spent dollars is what fuels Jihad via ISIS; another alphabetical pairing besides Harvey and Irma. Had we taken this command seriously Harvey, Irma, ISIS and Jihad would of become harmless, but now we fall victim to their horrific power. X(

We fueled the adversary rather than follow God's command. :-s :ymsick:

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: We failed to subdue Hurricane Harvey and Irma IAW Genesis 1:28

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Now a glancing blow in an exact spot. :-?

It shall be interesting to see what she really does.

Funny how we keep being pointed the way; will we ever learn. :-\

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

BeNotDeceived wrote: September 6th, 2017, 11:08 am Our destruction is in-part due to our disobedience. Certainly our mis-spent dollars is what fuels Jihad via ISIS; another alphabetical pairing besides Harvey and Irma. Had we taken this command seriously Harvey, Irma, ISIS and Jihad would of become harmless, but now we fall victim to their horrific power.
It would be difficult to express how ridiculous I believe this idea to be without being insulting or condescending.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

skmo wrote: September 6th, 2017, 9:27 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: September 6th, 2017, 11:08 am Our destruction is in-part due to our disobedience. Certainly our mis-spent dollars is what fuels Jihad via ISIS; another alphabetical pairing besides Harvey and Irma. Had we taken this command seriously Harvey, Irma, ISIS and Jihad would of become harmless, but now we fall victim to their horrific power.
It would be difficult to express how ridiculous I believe this idea to be without being insulting or condescending.
Me wonders wherein you thinketh my logic fails. :-\

Doth thou not believe what is written in Genesis 1:28?

Doth thou not believe cold water won't neutralize hurricanes?

Doth thou not believe sins of omission can cause consequences?

Here are a couple of links that support my premise: Miami Terrace is the only location in all of Florida conducive to OTEC --> http://coet.fau.edu/node/29/index.html & Can OTEC Neutralize Hurricanes?

And a video, wherein Dr. Hans tells us OTEC really isn't difficult, and can do so much. :ymhug:
OTEC has a long and storied past; I've posted much about its awesome potential. What do you have to offer in the way of a logical discussion? :-?

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Good picture of the Gulf sea floor. Some think the City of Enoch fits in that hole. That would stop hurricanes in the gulf!

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Arenera wrote: September 7th, 2017, 7:35 am Good picture of the Gulf sea floor. Some think the City of Enoch fits in that hole. That would stop hurricanes in the gulf!

Curious about the location of the Mexico quake, I tried my luck with Google Earth. Image

It shows a sea cliff along the coast of Mexico that looks deep and it's southerly latitude prolly makes the region suitable for OTEC. Arid coasts can become lush farmland by employing open-cycle, or mist-lift OTEC to produce tons of fresh water for irrigation. Also it provides great peace of mind, in case of drought. Running the cold water through pipes underground sweats fresh water to triple food production, and grow any crop in tropical climes, as written about in a wired article about John Craven The Mad Genius from the Bottom of the Sea

The video details open-cycle for tropical atolls too, where fresh water can quickly become a problem in drought conditions.

Weird that remote isolated populations are likely to be the first to experience this new technology. :ymhug:

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Trying to play this on YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LBAeuZ_lpr8; it says unavailable.

Sad sad situation, but Jimmy Buffet must of known it were inevitable, considering our sins of omission. :(

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

something may be afoot

Post by BeNotDeceived »

This = US nuclear sub returns flying pirate flag, sparking speculation, and a video posted here, wondering why Hurricane Jose is forecast to become a tropical storm, may mean something may be afoot = something like this: Plan to use submarines to subdue typhoons/hurricanes.

How Mankind Could Stop the Power of a Hurricane :mrgreen:

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

BeNotDeceived wrote: September 7th, 2017, 1:07 am Me wonders wherein you thinketh my logic fails.
Because I don't believe God generally sends hurricanes to punish bad people.
I don't believe He sends earthquakes to punish people.
I don't believe He sends tornados to punish people.
I don't believe He sends tsunamis to punish people.
I don't believe He sends volcanos to punish people.
I don't believe He sends floods to punish people.

Can He do those things? Certainly. Does He do that on a regular basis? No. It's part of life.

I've no doubt He sent the flood in Noah's time. I'm sure He could do any of those things to serve His purposes if it fit the situation, but all of them are a part of life, part of nature, part of the earthly experience we agreed to before we came here. His protection can certainly be granted by faith and in accordance with His will, but I don't believe these natural disasters are sent BY him or could, in every instance be removed by Him.

In an Enoch society, the rules could be different. However, we're not in such and won't be until there is a fundamental change in the world.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

skmo wrote: September 15th, 2017, 12:08 am
BeNotDeceived wrote: September 7th, 2017, 1:07 am Me wonders wherein you thinketh my logic fails.

Can He do those things? Certainly. Does He do that on a regular basis? No. It's part of life.

I've no doubt He sent the flood in Noah's time. I'm sure He could do any of those things to serve His purposes if it fit the situation, but all of them are a part of life, part of nature, part of the earthly experience we agreed to before we came here. His protection can certainly be granted by faith and in accordance with His will, but I don't believe these natural disasters are sent BY him or could, in every instance be removed by Him.

In an Enoch society, the rules could be different. However, we're not in such and won't be until there is a fundamental change in the world.
#Nephi the 3 hours storms and whirlwinds never before experienced and massive earthquakes that burred many cites and set others on fire.,, Is nothing compared to what is prophesied for the last days.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Spaced_Out wrote: September 15th, 2017, 1:45 am #Nephi the 3 hours storms and whirlwinds never before experienced and massive earthquakes that burred many cites and set others on fire.,, Is nothing compared to what is prophesied for the last days.
My post was aimed at the normal, day-to-day life situations. Catastrophic change in events like the birth and death of the Savior, and especially with His Second Coming are clear exceptions to this. I don't believe God sent Irma to punish Cuba for its unrighteousness. I don't believe if the people in Naples joined hands in prayer and sang "Nearer My God To Thee" that He'd have had had Irma do a dogleg around their town. Could He have? Certainly, He's omnipotent. However, as a part of life it's a challenge to face and overcome.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

The rain falls on the just and the unjust, ...

Post by BeNotDeceived »

skmo wrote: September 15th, 2017, 12:08 am

Our day is described "as in the days of Noah" is interesting. Curios if Adam experienced extreme whether. The church now owns a significant percentage of Florida, and it wouldn't be much of a refuge when hurricanes come to call. We dam rivers, build sea walls, and vigorously fight forest fires, all to subdue other natural phenomena. Why should hurricanes be any different?

Florida wouldn't be a very good place for OTEC, if it weren't for favorable currents. Really floating water coolers would work best when troublesome storms begin to form off the coast of Africa. Raging Forest Fires are extinguished when they are as small as possible, except some are allowed to burn to clear deadwood. Land based OTEC could supplement the Floating Barges to fine tune the process.
BeNotDeceived wrote: September 15th, 2017, 4:23 am
Sunain wrote: July 14th, 2017, 8:11 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: July 14th, 2017, 5:47 pm Anyone aware of where the Church properties are that may further partake :-\
South East of Orlando and the Panhandle. Almost 400,000 acres.

http://www.reuters.com/article/usa-flor ... AZ20131108
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4L1wTnOAG ... e=youtu.be

The video does a great job of showing how OTEC is viable, in Florida and Puerto Rico, due to the way the ocean currents flow.

The Miami Terrace in Florida. :mrgreen:
"The rain falls on the just and the unjust, alike" most certainly applies, but so too does our stewardship of the Earth and the General principle, expressed specifically as "we are saved, after all we can do."

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

skmo wrote: September 15th, 2017, 11:00 am
Spaced_Out wrote: September 15th, 2017, 1:45 am #Nephi the 3 hours storms and whirlwinds never before experienced and massive earthquakes that burred many cites and set others on fire.,, Is nothing compared to what is prophesied for the last days.
My post was aimed at the normal, day-to-day life situations. Catastrophic change in events like the birth and death of the Savior, and especially with His Second Coming are clear exceptions to this. I don't believe God sent Irma to punish Cuba for its unrighteousness. I don't believe if the people in Naples joined hands in prayer and sang "Nearer My God To Thee" that He'd have had had Irma do a dogleg around their town. Could He have? Certainly, He's omnipotent. However, as a part of life it's a challenge to face and overcome.
The general authorities on a number of occasions have said the increase in calamities are to be expected and are signs of the times.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Re: The rain falls on the just and the unjust, ...

Post by Spaced_Out »

BeNotDeceived wrote: September 15th, 2017, 12:03 pm "The rain falls on the just and the unjust, alike" most certainly applies, but so too does our stewardship of the Earth and the General principle, expressed specifically as "we are saved, after all we can do."
Mess with the ocean currents and you could push the earth into an ice age, not very responsible.
Hurricanes are a way for the earth to dissipate extra energy and heat, all that energy going into winds and rain is a massive cooling mechanism for the earth. Trying to play God and mess with nature esp with systems that are not well understood has very dire consequences.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Windmills could produce hydrogen or pump water

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Image Image HERE'S AN IDEA = LOTS & LOTS OF WINDMILLS

http://www.preventhurricanes.com wrote:Image Image Image

Hurricanes only form when SSTs (Sea Surface Temperatures) are greater than 80oF (26.6o C), and cooler SSTs mean weaker hurricanes . The TUBE™ is a patented deep sea cold water upwelling device and it efficiently pumps over 3,000,000 gallons of warm surface water per minute to over 600 feet deep (or even to extreme depths) to create an upwelling of cold water that reduces SSTs. It covers pre-programmed areas by constantly moving around the deep sea in front of approaching hurricanes guided by an internal GPS navigational system.

Since most hurricanes will have already formed when the device is used it will not generally stop hurricanes but as the hurricane passes over the cooler SSTs the hurricane's intensity will be reduced helping to minimize hurricane damage.

Biologically, upwelling of nutrient rich deep water is documented to be beneficial to fishery resources. As these benefits are more completely documented, use of the TUBE could be increased for fishery enhancement helping reduce the global SSTs increases attributed to global warming. Emphasis mine

As the Earth's steward we to subdue aka, care for its best interest, while using it for our benefit. OTEC does tons of good and default operation is to return water to the ocean at a depth where the temperature is the same. Makai Ocean Engineering did extensive modeling and SWAC has been operating in Bora Bora since 2006, with no reports of adverse effects.

30 foot pipes are big, by human standards, but a drop in the bucket compared to ocean currents. 1/10 of one-percent of the energy stored in the warm surface of the oceans is equal to all human energy consumption from all sources. These windmills could supplement OTEC Barges to produce energy, subdue hurricanes or keep them at manageable levels, much the same way we manage hydro-electric dams.

Scientists Have Developed The Most Efficient Water-Splitting Catalyst Yet may help make hydrolysis more efficient and economical.

Much of the ocean is sterile, and upwelling helps circulate vital nutrients. The windmills could produce hydrogen or pump water, with the OTEC barge acting as the mother ship to harvest the hydrogen from each, and control the swarm using radio signals.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Extensive video on Heat Pipe OTEC

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Spaced_Out wrote: September 15th, 2017, 4:52 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: September 15th, 2017, 12:03 pm "The rain falls on the just and the unjust, alike" most certainly applies, but so too does our stewardship of the Earth and the General principle, expressed specifically as "we are saved, after all we can do."
Mess with the ocean currents and you could push the earth into an ice age, not very responsible.
Hurricanes are a way for the earth to dissipate extra energy and heat, all that energy going into winds and rain is a massive cooling mechanism for the earth. Trying to play God and mess with nature esp with systems that are not well understood has very dire consequences.
Agreed, we are caretakers of the garden :!:

Here is a new video from Jim Baird, one of the experts in the field of Geoengineering.
:P
https://climatecolab.org/contests/2015/geoengineering-workspace/c/proposal/1315102 wrote:

... By sapping ... the energy of tropical storms these systems would ameliorate the two greatest risks of climate change; sea level rise and storm surge.

... Heat pipe OTEC addresses both the cause and effect of climate change. :mrgreen:

Jim states that a single OTEC plant in the path of a hurricane wouldn't have much effect, but several pressed into action on a tropical depression may prevent it from progressing into a disturbance, etc. :idea: