The doom of Beck

Discuss political news items / current events.
Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

The doom of Beck

Post by Seek the Truth »

Fascinating to watch the slow motion car wreck of the deranged man. Self documenting mental illness.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/34877 ... -the-blaze
The Blaze will be conducting mass layoffs in an effort to “become more nimble” and “keep pace with the massive changes" in the media business, Glenn Beck, the company’s founder, said Thursday.

“Today, we said goodbye to just over 20 percent of the combined workforce of Mercury Radio Arts and TheBlaze,” Beck, a one-time Fox News and HLN host, said in a statement.

Beck, 53, said that while he was awarded the Tribeca Disruptive Innovation Award in 2013, he doesn't believe he'd “finish in the top 100" today.

“To change that, we needed to become more nimble and drastically adjust our approach to keep pace with the massive changes unfolding before us,” Beck wrote.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Re: The doom of Beck

Post by Seek the Truth »

Derangement and delusion are not a good match.

https://www.poynter.org/news/glenn-beck ... radio-arts
"This year has been one of the hardest years of my life," he wrote. "I’ve learned so much about myself, my friends and coworkers, and basic human nature. I have also learned a lot about my business and what I believe it will take to succeed in tomorrow’s America. The industrial revolution took 100 years to unfold; industry-altering change now occurs in days, not centuries."
Can't stump the Trump bro. You reap what you sow.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

A lot of people who are developmentally disabled don't understand that when you make decisions there are consequences and there aren't any mulligans.

Tree
captain of 100

Post by Tree »

Unfortunately, all the substance abuse has literally rewired his brain.
Oh the humanity!!!!!!!!

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

I used to listen to Beck until he began calling 9/11 truthers 'dangerous' and 'extremists who need to locked up'. That was the end of him for me.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

More details here.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/after-mass ... -the-blaze

His irrational opposition to Trump is what did him in. He is completely irrelevant as is all nevertrump

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Dude fancies himself a prophet.

Well, here I will prophesy something myself....I predict Beck starts a Texas mega-church with himself serving as pastor.

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

I really like Glenn Beck. I think Trump used the right wing media. Even Michael Savage is questioning supporting Trump.

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

The only thing fascinating here is strange reaction we're seeing in this thread.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Does anyone think Beck will last the year?

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

Seek the Truth wrote: September 1st, 2017, 11:09 pm Does anyone think Beck will last the year?
Yep

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Col. Flagg wrote: September 1st, 2017, 1:30 pm I used to listen to Beck until he began calling 9/11 truthers 'dangerous' and 'extremists who need to locked up'. That was the end of him for me.
LIkewise. At least this was the coup de grace, foremost among a few other failings, IMHO.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Seek the Truth wrote: September 1st, 2017, 3:04 pm More details here.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/after-mass ... -the-blaze

His irrational opposition to Trump is what did him in. He is completely irrelevant as is all nevertrump
Including his 'joking' about stabbing Trump, the obvious meaning of which he tried to deflect.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

OCDMOM wrote: September 1st, 2017, 6:43 pm I really like Glenn Beck. I think Trump used the right wing media. Even Michael Savage is questioning supporting Trump.

We should always question those who are in position of government leadership. I question my support of Trump regarding some of the things he's done and said. In the aggregate, though, I generally support him and like a lot of what he has done and is doing.

We'll see . . . . regarding how it all shakes out, though.

And Glenn Beck did some awful things that for me were beyond the pale; mainly how he treated 9/11 truth folks or even damaged good Conservative candidates for office by baiting them on 9/11 issues, etc., etc.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

ebenezerarise wrote: September 1st, 2017, 10:00 pm The only thing fascinating here is strange reaction we're seeing in this thread.
And what might that "strange reaction" be? So cryptic.

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

larsenb wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 12:19 pm
ebenezerarise wrote: September 1st, 2017, 10:00 pm The only thing fascinating here is strange reaction we're seeing in this thread.
The strange reaction is the glee that people feel for Beck's condition or situation or whatever it is you want to call it. He may have been wrong about many things but why celebrate failure in such cruel ways? I'm beginning to think many here are entirely past feeling. I think it is quite sad.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

ebenezerarise wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 10:40 pm
The strange reaction is the glee that people feel for Beck's condition or situation or whatever it is you want to call it. He may have been wrong about many things but why celebrate failure in such cruel ways? I'm beginning to think many here are entirely past feeling. I think it is quite sad.
I'm not sure glee covers it. My feeling is that it's quite sad the way he seems to have gone. Especially sad because of how he represented himself w/regards the Church and all.

letsjet
captain of 100

Post by letsjet »

I used to be Glenn Beck's biggest fan until I realized that he was not interested in finding the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

He was very successful for a while preaching partial truths, but his inability to see the truth behind 911, the atrocities of the government of Israel against the Palestinians, and a host of other things made it clear that he is not interested in finding the whole truth.

Is he incredibly stupid or is he working for the latter-day Gaddianton Robbers? I don't know and I don't care.

One thing is certain. Glenn Beck is going away.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

ebenezerarise wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 10:40 pm The strange reaction is the glee that people feel for Beck's condition or situation or whatever it is you want to call it. He may have been wrong about many things but why celebrate failure in such cruel ways? I'm beginning to think many here are entirely past feeling. I think it is quite sad.
Personally, Glenn Beck was rich and famous and enjoyed it. I save my sympathy for other people. 9/10ths of planet earth could die tomorrow and no one but heaven would care one way or the other.

As happens to many, he let his success think his thoughts were special and he set himself up as a light. He abused his position and let his ego dictate beyond his intellect's ability to support. He became self destructive and he became part of the problem not part of the solution, and he passed judgement on things he didn't have the grounds to be judging. He took authority he didn't deserve. He deceived himself, and does to this day. It doesn't help that he isn't very smart.

It's natural when you see this kind of figure get what's coming to him to feel relief and justice. Glenn Beck promotes the market, and the market is speaking loud and clear. A hypocrite and grandstander doesn't sell that well. By his own logic he is getting what he deserves.

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

Seek the Truth wrote: September 4th, 2017, 1:29 am It's natural when you see this kind of figure get what's coming to him to feel relief and justice. Glenn Beck promotes the market, and the market is speaking loud and clear. A hypocrite and grandstander doesn't sell that well. By his own logic he is getting what he deserves.
What you said might all be true. And I'm sure Mr. Beck will stand in judgment for his actions and be held accountable before the Righteous Judge.

Now let's talk about the behavior of those on this thread, shall we?

Hidingbehindmyhandle
captain of 100

Post by Hidingbehindmyhandle »

ebenezerarise wrote: September 2nd, 2017, 10:40 pm
Consequences bring change, no consequence no change. He needs to change.
It's been many years so I don't remember who or what the issue was, but he had
this lady on for an interview. She was intelligent, articulate and very polite.
And she presented very good arguments supporting her opinions. This set him off,
he went nuts on her, mean and vicious. He wasn't prepared to deal with her arguments
so he attacked her personally. I felt that was a real insight to him. I started fact checking
and verifying what he said. In very short order, I dropped him completely. He turns my stomach now.
Again, maybe consequences will bring changes for the good. I have my doubt, but we can hope.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

ebenezerarise wrote: September 4th, 2017, 8:47 am
Seek the Truth wrote: September 4th, 2017, 1:29 am It's natural when you see this kind of figure get what's coming to him to feel relief and justice. Glenn Beck promotes the market, and the market is speaking loud and clear. A hypocrite and grandstander doesn't sell that well. By his own logic he is getting what he deserves.
What you said might all be true. And I'm sure Mr. Beck will stand in judgment for his actions and be held accountable before the Righteous Judge.

Now let's talk about the behavior of those on this thread, shall we?
I don't have a problem with anyone's behavior.

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

I don't have a problem with anyone's behavior.
Right. Past feeling.

Kaarno
captain of 100

Post by Kaarno »

I have met Mr Beck several times as he attends church at my parents ward every so often. Last time he was helping us fix a neighbors tractor. Seemed a nice enough fellow. I don't agree with some of guys views, but there are many people who would fall into that category whom I like and respect pretty as people. I am sure there are many who feel the same about me. So I will with hold judgment lest I be judged.