‘They don’t want me here': Utah man says racist neighbors are making his life miserable

Discuss political news items / current events.

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Re: ‘They don’t want me here': Utah man says racist neighbors are making his life miserable

Post by Bee Prepared »

Joel,
It's so obvious what you are always insinuating. I would like to hear the other side of the story. There's always two sides to the pancake.

Squally
captain of 1,000

Re: ‘They don’t want me here': Utah man says racist neighbors are making his life miserable

Post by Squally »

Bee Prepared wrote:Joel,
It's so obvious what you are always insinuating. I would like to hear the other side of the story. There's always two sides to the pancake.
????

Bee Pe, Its so obvious what you are always insinuating. :ymsick:

Squally
captain of 1,000

Post by Squally »

Squally wrote:
????

Bee Pe, Its so obvious what you are always insinuating.

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Post by Bee Prepared »

Squally wrote:
Squally wrote:
????

Bee Pe, Its so obvious what you are always insinuating.[/quote

"Squally", I don't insinuate.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Squally wrote:
????

Bee Pe, Its so obvious what you are always insinuating. :ymsick:
That was a worthless peace of journalism. Maybe the dirt pile is the cause of the problem.

Stacy Oliver
captain of 1,000

Post by Stacy Oliver »

BREAKING: Local man has bad neighbors!

Updates as they come in!

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

I don't think this is a worthless piece of journalism to this man who has had racial slurs shouted at him, and his truck windows shot out.

And in today's political climate, anything with a racist undertone (or overt, as it seems in this case) is a powder keg waiting to explode. It's not just about "bad" neighbors.

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

Lizzy60 wrote:I don't think this is a worthless piece of journalism to this man who has had racial slurs shouted at him, and his truck windows shot out.

And in today's political climate, anything with a racist undertone (or overt, as it seems in this case) is a powder keg waiting to explode. It's not just about "bad" neighbors.
Nothing was presented for the other side. We don't know that someone shouted slurs.

The thing that I saw that was different was a bunch of dirt. Tell me what is going on with the dirt.

No one wants to live in a neighborhood where someone decides they can leave broken down cars in the street, unkept yards, etc.

I've been called calcified here. Maybe I should book a news conference...

Desert Roses
captain of 1,000

Post by Desert Roses »

Ok,after watching the video, it's one nasty and rude neighbor, not a whole racist neighborhood. Sad to say, seems there's one in nearly every neighborhood. If the rest of the neighbors come together to protect and support Sam, it would put an end to the rudeness, most likely.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

I am white but my wife is not. When we were married and she was attending BYU, we frequently came across racists in Provo and Orem so I can understand what this guy is dealing with. And people sitting around wouldn't say anything until I had sufficiently insulted them, so I doubt this guy's non-overtly racist neighbors are going to stand up to the overt racist.

As an example, at one Orem restaurant I recall two families making fun of my wife and mother in law - stretching their eyes, repeatedly saying "ah so," saying there isn't any rice on the menu, and throwing out all the racial slurs they knew. Others at the restaurant ignored the racists.
When I had enough I said, "You're Mormon, aren't you." They responded in the affirmative, at which time I threw up a Bellamy salute and said "Heil Young! Heil Young!" I followed up with: "You wear white robes in your temple. Do you wear hoods too?" "Speaking of your temple, get over there - I saw a nig--- trying to get ordained!" "What's the difference between a Nazi and a Mormon? Seriously, is there any difference?"
Only after I had insulted Mormons enough, insinuating that I wasn't a church member and that all members are racist, would other patrons or the restaurant staff intervene to shut up the racists.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

You have no right to expect others, who do not want to live in a multicultural society, to agree with and accommodate those who do. Stay in your multicultural neighbourhoods, or the country of your race, and allow those who want to be with their own race be able to do so.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

I think racism is awful. But still, I have to wonder if the police would get involved and a news spot would be broadcast if someone insulted me . . .

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Elizabeth wrote:You have no right to expect others, who do not want to live in a multicultural society, to agree with and accommodate those who do. Stay in your multicultural neighbourhoods, or the country of your race, and allow those who want to be with their own race be able to do so.
I believe there is a difference between accommodating someone and just simply allowing them to live without having insults hurled at them. Having someone move in next door to you does not constitute accommodating them, as far as I understand.

light-one
captain of 100

Post by light-one »

Why is it that only white countries or communities are expected to be multi-cultural. I never hear people complain that there aren't enough whites in Japan, Africa, or China. The answer of course is simple: anti-racist = anti-white. It is assumed by many that only whites can be racist.

Maybe the guy is related to Al Sharpton and is a race baiter. It is a non-story.

Desert Roses
captain of 1,000

Post by Desert Roses »

And here on the LDSFF board we see the very essence of why Utahns and LDS are seen as racist!

I grew up with a father who believed "the races shouldn't mix." His favorite jokes were racial. I still haven't figured out why I never accepted that line of thinking. I'm really sorry, brianj, that you and your dear wife experienced such hate and bullying. People, in my experience, are racist because they are afraid. They don't like themselves and they project their fear and hate onto someone "different." We have a sweet family in my ward in which the wife is Japanese. They married when he was in the US military. She is terrified of meeting and getting to know other people in the ward because her treatment has been so unkind in places she has been. I can't imagine such a miserable existence. I don't live in a "multi-cultural" neighborhood because I'm in St. George, Utah, but I think they might do well to create places where we can isolate and keep the "whites only" folks away from the rest of God's children so they don't spread and infect the rest of us with their vile poison.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

:D So you judge, speak evil of and expect to force upon others that which you believe. No one is stopping you from fraternising, marrying, living with races other than your own, that is your choice. Others also are entitled to their choice of not wanting to do so. An established aryan neighbourhood obviously does not want a multicultural scenario. This man knew he would not be wanted there, and is probably a racial plant who deliberately moved there to stir up media attention.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

The thing about "racism" today is that the most racist people are those who should be the least racist. The black or 'African-American' persuasion.
Have any of you heard of the recent "Black Lives Matter" pronouncements about murder, ambush, and all that?
How about a favorite of the black youth, 'the Knockout Game'?
It's funny how people sure don't like it when they perceive a white person is even slightly 'racist' but see it as perfectly ok that blacks are.
dc

rewcox
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by rewcox »

This happened not far from where I live. He shot him 15 times. Really sad for his family.

But the OP is weak media. No idea other than someone said.

http://abc13.com/news/mom-of-man-in-cus ... nt/961336/

light-one
captain of 100

Post by light-one »

warning: contains crude language

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

If the savior lived next door to this gentlemen and felt that his unfinished yard was lowering the property value of the neighborhood would he?

A) offer to help finish the yard
B) yell racial insults, and damage property.

It really isn't that hard.