TRUMP.

Discuss political news items / current events.
davedan
captain of 1,000

Re: TRUMP.

Post by davedan »

TPTB wants the US and the world to lose faith in America. I can't think of a better candidate to make that happen.

If TPTB can get Schwartznegger elected in California and Ventura elected in Minnesota, then they can get Trump elected.

In any event, Trump does take all the attention off the other GOP candidates. Remember how many GOP'ers disqualified themselves with dumb comments 4 years ago. Well, no ones ill-advised comments come close to TRUMP

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

With Trump getting all the media attention, Bush can sit back on the sidelines and save his energy for the real fight in 2016.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/20 ... ns_ch.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

“In a wide-ranging television interview with CNN, the billionaire businessman also explained why his stances on abortion and health care have shifted over time.
Though Trump has not put forth any policy initiatives since launching his presidential bid last month, he discussed his changing stance on a few issues Wednesday.He said he was once pro-abortion rights but is now anti-abortion, noting that his view changed after a friend came close to having an abortion but ended up keeping the baby."Their child is, like, this magnificent person," Trump said. “And it had an impact."
Still, he compared his views on the issue to former President Ronald Reagan, a Republican who supported a constitutional amendment that would have restricted abortions to situations in which the mother’s life was in danger.
Trump said he believes abortions should be allowed in cases of rape, incest, and when the mother’s health is in jeopardy.
“It's basically Ronald Reagan," he said.
He added that he’d be open to discussing adding the three exceptions with the Republican Party's platform if he were elected to the Oval Office.
On health care, Trump once supported the liberal idea to create a national, single-payer health care system. But now, he said, he would push to repeal Obamacare and "replace it with something simple."

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Re:

Post by samizdat »

Elizabeth wrote:If those who complain of the conditions in the country of their birth, would stay and improve those conditions, instead of leaving and expecting other countries to support them, then their country of birth would surely benefit.

I am one who believes that no one should have children if they do not have the means to feed and support them.
In said country, if you complain about the conditions of the country and try to join a group to protect your rights, chances are you will be mowed down by the army, and the news channels will talk about how the heroic army destroyed a band of armed delinquents. Google "autodefensas Michoacan" and Google Translate any article you can find on the matter.

Here in Mexico, we have a saying: "Calladito te ves mas bonito" (you look better when you are quiet). Because our history is filled with cases where the true heroes don't have the chance to shine because they end up dead.

Cuauhtemoc (last Aztec Emperor): Killed by the Spaniards.

Miguel Hidalgo: The person most responsible for the independence movement in Mexico. Betrayed, excommunicated, and then killed by the Spainards.

Benito Juarez: Arguably the best president Mexico has ever had. Successfully fought off a French invasion, which if left unchecked, would have had French troops on the ground in the southern US in the middle of the Civil War. Betrayed and murdered.

Francisco (Pancho) Villa: Regarded as a terrorist by the USA, an absolute revolutionary hero in Mexico that started many schools among the poor in Mexico. Later repented of his acts and even went as far as to say "Would to God that the entire Mexican population were Mormon" when he saw the work of the Colonia Juarez Mormons. Betrayed and murdered.

Francisco Madero: Revolutionary that came to prominence when he said "Suffrage effective immediately, no reelections", a practice that remains in Mexico to this day. Betrayed and murdered.

The Tlatelolco Students: Revolutionary students that protested the autocratic form of government in 1968 shortly before the Olympics. Mowed down by the army, dozens dead.

More recently:

Luis Donaldo Colosio: Presidential candidate in 1994. Offered to split up the ruling PRI party into independent factions, proposed several reforms. Betrayed and murdered by his own party.

It is clear that you have no knowledge of the refugee status of literally MILLIONS of people all over the world.

Tell that to the Assyrian Christian whose home was rampaged by ISIS, their kinsfolk murdered in the most painful ways imaginable. They can't stay and improve their conditions because they will be DEAD.

Tell that to the Nigerians who are being ambushed by Boko Haram, their kinsfolk murdered in the most painful ways imaginable, their girls kidnapped and sold into slavery. Tell them to go back and improve their conditions.

Tell that to the evangelicals in Chiapas state who are run out of their towns by the Catholic-Mayan caciques simply for believing differently than the caciques. Tell them to go back and improve their conditions.

Tell that to the working class Mexican with no possibility of advancement where he lives, to go back and improve their conditions, considering the history of the place and what happens to people that try to be heroes.

As long as there is corruption in this world, people will try to flow to more stable areas within a country, or to other countries where conditions are viewed as more stable, and they will risk life and limb to make their lives better for their families.

That is why so many Africans are migrating to Europe. That is why so many Jews are migrating to Israel. That is why you have many Mexicans migrating to the USA, and Central Americans to Mexico, and then to the USA. That is why you have Bolivians and Peruvians in Chile. You really need to get out more and read what is going on in the world.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

samizdat, I think everyone feels your passion on this topic. I work for a Japanese company that has production plants throughout Mexico. Let's see...
Three in Coahuila, three in Nuevo Leon, one in Sonora, and a small team in Guadalajara. We employ over 20,000 people in Mexico. You're right about the pay being low. Now that the MX peso has weakened further, the pay of the workers is even lower in US$ terms. I see the abject poverty every time I visit our plants.

Consider though for a moment what's different between the US and Mexico. Why do Mexicans flee north to America? The main reason is that America is prosperous. Or at least to most Mexicans, America appears prosperous. Most Americans think the same, I suppose.

However, what part of $18 trillion in debt does everyone not understand? America's prosperity is really just a thin veneer. It is created by debt. It is unsustainable. I understand that most Mexicans would say, "Well, it's better than Mexico!" I get it. I do. I'm not trying to fight with you. But America is broke. The Mexicans that move here, legally or illegally, are relying on broken promises.

What should America do though? Just throw open the gates and allow any and all to enter freely? There has to be a limit. A country that can't control its border is no longer a country.

Desert Roses
captain of 1,000

Re:

Post by Desert Roses »

Elizabeth wrote:If those who complain of the conditions in the country of their birth, would stay and improve those conditions, instead of leaving and expecting other countries to support them, then their country of birth would surely benefit.

I am one who believes that no one should have children if they do not have the means to feed and support them.
Unless you are 100% Native American, it's a good thing your ancestors didn't follow that advice. Coming here and expecting the native population to give them land--and if they didn't, why just take what you want! American history is full of that kind of thinking. Reality is, the reason Utah is even a state is that Mexico was forced to give up half its territory in 1848, no apologies, ever. Despite the allegations of the reality TV idiot who is creating a nonsense campaign, most immigrants (legal or illegal) do not get any government benefits and pay taxes just like legal folks. They have jobs and live decent lives. Many of them are my neighbors.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

Silver wrote:samizdat, I think everyone feels your passion on this topic. I work for a Japanese company that has production plants throughout Mexico. Let's see...
Three in Coahuila, three in Nuevo Leon, one in Sonora, and a small team in Guadalajara. We employ over 20,000 people in Mexico. You're right about the pay being low. Now that the MX peso has weakened further, the pay of the workers is even lower in US$ terms. I see the abject poverty every time I visit our plants.

Consider though for a moment what's different between the US and Mexico. Why do Mexicans flee north to America? The main reason is that America is prosperous. Or at least to most Mexicans, America appears prosperous. Most Americans think the same, I suppose.

However, what part of $18 trillion in debt does everyone not understand? America's prosperity is really just a thin veneer. It is created by debt. It is unsustainable. I understand that most Mexicans would say, "Well, it's better than Mexico!" I get it. I do. I'm not trying to fight with you. But America is broke. The Mexicans that move here, legally or illegally, are relying on broken promises.

What should America do though? Just throw open the gates and allow any and all to enter freely? There has to be a limit. A country that can't control its border is no longer a country.
Make the front door wider and eliminate the back door. Don't make it impossible for a middle class Mexican (much more a working class Mexican) to cross the border LEGALLY. Strengthen punishments for those that enter illegally or that overstay their visas. Reward those that LEGALLY enter.

I'm in Puebla, south of Mexico City. We actually have received MANY people from all over Mexico as it is a safer sector than most in Mexico. Other areas that have seen big influxes of people include Guanajuato and Queretaro states (relatively stable states too just east of GDL).

It should be a well known fact of life that people tend to move from less stable areas to more stable areas, both within and between countries. My indignation was more directed at those who seem ignorant of the things that really go around the world.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

:) My comment was in answer to a question asked of me.
I answered in general terms which applied to all countries no mention made of the US.. which you may do well to remember is not the only country in the world.
Desert Roses wrote: Unless you are 100% Native American, it's a good thing your ancestors didn't follow that advice. Coming here and expecting the native population to give them land--and if they didn't, why just take what you want! American history is full of that kind of thinking. Reality is, the reason Utah is even a state is that Mexico was forced to give up half its territory in 1848, no apologies, ever. Despite the allegations of the reality TV idiot who is creating a nonsense campaign, most immigrants (legal or illegal) do not get any government benefits and pay taxes just like legal folks. They have jobs and live decent lives. Many of them are my neighbors.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Re:

Post by Elizabeth »

Your insult is nonsense and not appreciated.
samizdat wrote: You really need to get out more and read what is going on in the world.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

Elizabeth wrote:Your insult is nonsense and not appreciated.
samizdat wrote: You really need to get out more and read what is going on in the world.
Not an insult. You do have to see what is going on in the entire world and not just in one country.

You can't tell someone simply to make their lives better in the country they live in, when that is made impossible except by acts of God.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

What you consider to be clear is incorrect.
I personally do not support the United Nations nor the concept of One World Government.
The millions you refer to have and are taking their problems, culture, violence, diseases, standards of living etc to other countries whose people do not want nor deserve them.
We are not talking of centuries ago when undeveloped countries of potential were open to settlers to come and work and develop these countries to what they are today.
Some countries developed through hard work, enterprise, sacrifice, and culture of their people, while other countries did not and are what they are today mainly because of their culture, indolence, immorality, laziness etc.
samizdat wrote: It is clear that you have no knowledge of the refugee status of literally MILLIONS of people all over the world.
samizdat wrote: You do have to see what is going on in the entire world and not just in one country.
You can't tell someone simply to make their lives better in the country they live in, when that is made impossible except by acts of God.

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

samizdat wrote: Make the front door wider and eliminate the back door. Don't make it impossible for a middle class Mexican (much more a working class Mexican) to cross the border LEGALLY. Strengthen punishments for those that enter illegally or that overstay their visas. Reward those that LEGALLY enter.
I agree that the immigration laws in the US need to be changed. If there is truly a demand from the US side for more working class immigrants from Mexico then our policies should reflect that.

The problem is that everyone in authority in both Mexico and the US likes the current system.
1. It doesn't put any US politicians head on the line by having to define what a reasonable immigration policy would be and allows them to stay in the good graces of big business.
2, It allows US businesses to take advantage of illegal immigrants by paying them lower wages and less benefits.
3, It benefits the Mexican government because it lessens the welfare burden, drives up wages, and allows them to get rid of the less desirable sector without any fuss. And they get a large influx of money from the illegal immigrants sending back the wages and welfare benefits they get from the US

As a Mexican citizen I would love the current system. All the benefit is on their side. As a US citizen, I think it sucks as it drives down wages in the US and amounts to a large transfer payment of US taxes to Mexico.

So Trump was right. We are importing what Mexico doesn't want. All to the benefit of Mexico and the profit margin of some US corporations.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

When you put it that way that is actually quite reasonable, Serragon. Any new immigration should reflect on the situation that is currently demanded. The USA is right now not as bad as in Mexico. You could criticize your government policies without fear of reprisal. Not so in Mexico, especially in the more volatile regions.

my example for Elizabeth still stands. Mexico prides itself on its hard work. But we have what is called a perfect dictatorship that has existed since the day's of the Aztecs. The actors change but the same Aztec style remains.

Your government is replicating ours I'm sorry to say.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Message from Donald J. Trump

"Dear Friend,

Are you ready to Make American Great Again?
Since I announced my candidacy for the Republican nomination for President I have soared to first place in the polls, defying the mainstream media and the GOP establishment.
I am rising in the polls because of you – and the fact that I am offering the American people an alternative to the inept career politicians who talk big but never produce results.
I have a long track record of producing big results. Very big results.
Frankly, I am running for president because I hate seeing what is happening to America – the country I love so much.
I am sick and tired of China and Mexico and all other countries beating us at the negotiating table – getting one-sided trade deals from Washington officials.
They have been letting these countries rip off our jobs, killing our potential for economic growth.
Let’s face it, America is in deep trouble.
We are a laughing stock around the globe as our incompetent leaders like Obama and Hillary Clinton get outmaneuvered.
Our economy is a disaster.
I think the American people are ready for some hard truths.
You know I call it the way I see it.
Thanks to Obama, the American dream is dead.
But I can bring it back – bigger and better and stronger than ever before.
A few weeks ago the political establishment went crazy when I pointed out the fact that some illegal aliens from Mexico, being pushed into our country by the Mexican government, are bringing crime, drugs and murder to the United States.
The media tried to smear me, claiming I was “racist” and that I attacked the Mexican people.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
I forced the media to focus on a number of horrific crimes in which U.S. citizens were killed by illegal immigrants who got into the country because our borders are so porous practically anyone can walk into the United States.
In the face of this media onslaught, my poll numbers actually went up.
I even pulled well ahead of Jeb Bush, the supposed “front-runner.”
Bush is a weak and ineffective leader who would merely preside over the continued decline of this country. If he gets the nomination, we lose in 2016.
I am very critical of John McCain’s record in the U.S. Senate. He has done little to help veterans.
John McCain has been in the Senate for 30 years and worked closely with Senator Bernie Sanders to pass legislation to ensure that no one was held responsible for the scandal at Obama’s Veterans Administration, in which over 1,000 of our veterans died waiting for medical care.
Ironically many of these veterans died in the VA hospital in Phoenix, Arizona – McCain’s home state!
It’s just like Benghazi – incompetent and pathetic officials screw up, then Americans die . . . and no one in Washington is held responsible.
My concern is for all those men and women who served this country.
As President, I would build the finest Veterans Hospital system in the world where our veterans would have universal access – and I will do it for far less in tax dollars than we are spending now on our disgraceful broken Veterans Administration health care system.
The political establishment is in shock over the way I have taken the lead in the presidential race – and they are scared to death.
I am not afraid – I know Americans like you are with me.
Because my campaign will be funded mostly with my own money, the Washington insiders know that the lobbyists and special interests will have no influence in a Trump administration.
The special interests know you can’t “buy” me.
As I have traveled across the country I have met thousands of Americans who want to join our crusade. Actually, some people are calling it a movement.
The media, however, wants to claim that I have no grass-roots support.
I want to prove them wrong. I am asking you to stand with me and join with me today.
I believe so much in this campaign and that we can Make America Great Again, that I will match dollar-for-dollar every dollar donated by people like you.
I want to show the liberal media that not since the days of Ronald Reagan has there been such a grass-roots movement of people ready to transform our party and our country.
My #1 goal is to create the greatest economic boom in American history, to unleash the incredible spirit of free enterprise in this country – get America moving again!
I have been tremendously blessed in this country.
I want all American families to share in the great economic opportunities this country offers.
I am very rich and I created something very special.
I want to make you and the American people rich.
I have no doubt the liberal media and the GOP establishment will continue to attack me.
But, make no mistake, I will never back down or apologise in the fight to make the America great again.
Stand with me today and send a powerful message to the establishment by supporting my campaign”

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

"Jeb Bush is rubbing America’s face in illegal immigration...It is sneaky to promote it speaking Spanish rather than English. It just shows who matters to him and it certainly isn’t mainstream America. He just keeps pandering to Hispanics and illegal immigrants over and over again… Amnesty is a blatant disregard for our laws and it is not only illegal, it is morally wrong.
From the Conservative Tribune:
Bush, who prides himself on his Spanish fluency, on Monday told Spanish-language network Telemundo:
“For the 11 million people (in the country illegally), they must come out of the shadows, receive a work visa, start paying taxes and also pay a small fine, learn English, don’t receive government benefits, but they come out of the shadows and they receive legal status after some time,” according to a CNN translation of his remarks.
“Jeb came out this week, just yesterday, and said he is for amnesty for the millions of folks who are in this country illegally,” Jindal said. “I think that is a mistake... becoming an American citizen is not a right granted to those who have managed to hide illegally in our country for just long enough,” Jindal explained. “We should not and must not reward those who came to this country illegally.”
This is exactly why Donald Trump is surging in the polls. He is also winning the majority of Hispanics with his bold and sane stand of just following the law. Getting here illegally does not give you the right to stay, to take jobs from Americans and to mooch off the system. It should get you arrested and booted out the door. Don’t reward criminals."
http://patriotupdate.com/what-jeb-bush- ... ick-video/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

"Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin on Friday slammed the media coverage of presidential candidate Donald Trump and warned the Republican Party to not ignore the disaffected voters who have embraced the billionaire businessman's message.
"Trump's unconventional candidacy is a shot in the arm for ordinary Americans fed up with the predictable poll-tested blather of squishy milquetoast career politicians who campaign one way and govern another," the 2008 GOP vice presidential candidate said in a column for Breitbart News. "But it's not just how Trump says it, it's what he's saying."
Palin, whom Trump said this week he'd consider for a spot in his administration if he won the White House, said that the developer has "focused in on two major populist grievances: the loss of working-class jobs due to awful trade agreements, and the unfair competition for those jobs — along with security threats — due to the flood of illegal immigrants pouring across unsecured borders."
Quoting part of Gen. George Patton's famous line from his 1944 speech to the Army, Palin said that Trump's "message catches fire" because "Americans play to win all the time.
"But those of us outside the Beltway can see that America isn’t winning," she added. "Our enemies laugh at us. Our friends can’t rely on us. China is outpacing our military superiority. Putin thumbs his nose at us.
The Islamic State "seizes territory our sons and daughters fought and died to liberate," she added. "Iran gloats over the idiotic and ultimately catastrophic nuclear deal the White House caved on. Our friends in Israel shake their heads at our betrayal."
Palin added that Trump "diagnoses our problems as incompetent leadership. Who can argue with that? How many politicians promised to secure our borders? So, why aren’t they secured?
"How many politicians promised to grow American jobs? So, why did they vote for Obamatrade?" she asked, referring to the fast-track trade authority Congress granted President Barack Obama last month. "Is it any wonder that Americans are telling status quo politicians, 'You’re fired'?"
"It’s no surprise pundits and politicos are determined to destroy a candidacy they can’t control or shape with their mere words," Palin said. "Expect marginalization of anyone speaking well of Trump’s efforts.
"He’s a threat to the permanent political class. Non-traditional candidates always are because when they’re in touch with the people, they show their guts and just do the right thing.
"They go rogue — and take flak from all sides," she continued, then alluding to the coverage of her during the 2008 campaign. "Some of us have the scars to prove that."
To win these Americans, the GOP "would do well to listen to these voters and quit dismissing them," Palin said. Ronald Reagan, she said, "understood these blue-collar salt-of-the-earth Americans. That's why they gave him two landslide victories."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Sarah-P ... z3hevH0SON" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nebguy
captain of 50

Post by Nebguy »

Wow Elizabeth! Who is this guy? Thank you so much for posting this! You are my new best friend!

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Desert Roses wrote:

Unless you are 100% Native American, it's a good thing your ancestors didn't follow that advice. Coming here and expecting the native population to give them land--and if they didn't, why just take what you want! American history is full of that kind of thinking. Reality is, the reason Utah is even a state is that Mexico was forced to give up half its territory in 1848, no apologies, ever. Despite the allegations of the reality TV idiot who is creating a nonsense campaign, most immigrants (legal or illegal) do not get any government benefits and pay taxes just like legal folks. They have jobs and live decent lives. Many of them are my neighbors.
+1

I was just thinking the other day, don't Americans (especially Utahns) understand that most of Western US was Mexico, including what is now the state of Utah? Brigham Young and company became Mexicans when they settled the valley and then Brigham Young sent the Mormon Battalion to aid the US in its campaign against Mexico!

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

:)
Nebguy wrote:Wow Elizabeth! Who is this guy? Thank you so much for posting this! You are my new best friend!

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Of course at that time there were no benefits of infrastructure, welfare, education facilities, employment, medical facilities, hand outs etc etc... nor expectations of any.
marc wrote: I was just thinking the other day, don't Americans (especially Utahns) understand that most of Western US was Mexico, including what is now the state of Utah? Brigham Young and company became Mexicans when they settled the valley and then Brigham Young sent the Mormon Battalion to aid the US in its campaign against Mexico!

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Elizabeth wrote:Of course at that time there were no benefits of infrastructure, welfare, education facilities, employment, medical facilities, hand outs etc etc... nor expectations of any.
marc wrote: I was just thinking the other day, don't Americans (especially Utahns) understand that most of Western US was Mexico, including what is now the state of Utah? Brigham Young and company became Mexicans when they settled the valley and then Brigham Young sent the Mormon Battalion to aid the US in its campaign against Mexico!
The Native Shoshone needed no such elements of Babylon. Their system succeeded for thousands of years without the greed of Manifest Destiny. A good friend of mine, a Shoshone here in Brigham City, the great grandson of Moroni Timbimboo, a Shoshone chief and the first Native Indian LDS bishop, would have something to say about that. Mormon settlers edged out the native population by consuming the natural resources rather than cooperating. They took, took and took, impoverishing the natives who were there first.

deep water
captain of 1,000

Post by deep water »

The post is about trump, but I have heard a saying that would fit here.

The white man came to the red man's land carrying the Bible. They said this bible is the words of God. They read to the red man from that Bible, then ask the red man if he wanted to kneel in prayer with them. The red man said It is good that we kneel and pray to father. After prayer they all stood up and the red man noticed they now had the bible in their hands, and the white man had the land in his.

The BOM tells us that we will get our just rewards. It also tells us that those who escape the just rewards, will live under the protection of the red man when a nation is made in a day.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

http://www.fosters.com/article/20150802 ... 9980/14404" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"In an attempt to explain the Trump phenomenon, Politico’s chief political columnist Roger Simon writes, in a backhanded fashion: “He speaks his mind. And in his mind he is already a hero, and a two-fisted one at that.” Then, by way of further explanation, Simon quotes Trump speaking about Trump: “Let me tell you one thing that you can count on with great certainty … If you hit me, I will hit you back 100 times harder — harder than you’ve ever been hit before.’”
Writing for the Wall Street Journal, columnist Peggy Noonan delves a bit deeper. “… Donald Trump has a real following … His persona and particular brand of populism have hit a nerve among some independents and moderates, too … They think he’s real, that he’s under nobody’s thumb, that maybe he’s a big-mouth, but he’s a truth teller. He’s rich and can’t be bought by some billionaire, because he is a billionaire. He’s talking about what people are thinking and don’t feel free to say. He can turn the economy around because he made a lot of money, so he probably knows how to make jobs.” If you talk to some of those who are among the 24 percent in a Washington Post-ABC News (or 18 percent in a CNN poll) who support Trump, chances are they will agree at least in part with Noonan. We would argue, however, that all this trumpeting of Trump misses an essential point. Voters are attracted to Trump not necessarily because they want to see him become president. Rather, they simply want a president who means what he says. As explained by Noonan: “(Trump) is a fighter. People want a fighter. Maybe he’s impolitic, but he’s better than some guy who filters everything through a screen of political calculations.”
Undoubtedly, Trump has some true believers. But the greater message of Trump’s campaign is not about Trump. It’s not even about his specific policies. As Noonan writes: “(Trump) capitalises on the fact that no one in America trusts politicians anymore.” Noonan may not be correct in absolute terms, but that doesn’t undercut the real importance of Trump’s candidacy. The takeaway from Trump’s rise in the polls is not that he may one day be president. It is that Trump represents what many in this country are looking for in a president. Voters are disillusioned. Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan after 9/11 have left the country war-weary. There is doubt among many that these wars served a purpose, but certainty the nation paid a high price in lives and dollars. After nearly two terms in office, there is skepticism President Barak Obama has brought the “hope and change” he promised. There is anger. There is polarisation as voters on the hard right and hard left have purged Congress of moderates – Rockefeller Republicans to the right of centre and Blue Dog Democrats to the left. It can be cogently argued that what the nation wants (and needs) in the next president is a mix of Theodore Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy, Ronald Reagan and a dash of William Jefferson Clinton (without the drama of Monica Lewinski). In Roosevelt, there was a champion of the little guy. He fought monopolies of the industrial age, while walking softly and carrying a big stick in foreign policy. Kennedy saw unlimited greatness in America, while Reagan and Clinton had the ability to communicate with the electorate by not talking over its collective head.
How far Trump will get on the electoral trail is anyone’s guess. What is not in question, however, is that Trump has hit a vein of discontent in the American electorate — something other candidates ignore at their own peril.”
Paul "Buzz" Dietterle.

samizdat
captain of 1,000

Post by samizdat »

deep water wrote:The post is about trump, but I have heard a saying that would fit here.

The white man came to the red man's land carrying the Bible. They said this bible is the words of God. They read to the red man from that Bible, then ask the red man if he wanted to kneel in prayer with them. The red man said It is good that we kneel and pray to father. After prayer they all stood up and the red man noticed they now had the bible in their hands, and the white man had the land in his.

The BOM tells us that we will get our just rewards. It also tells us that those who escape the just rewards, will live under the protection of the red man when a nation is made in a day.
Never thought I would say this but you hit the nail on the head Deepwater.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

http://patriotupdate.com/trump-oblitera ... ond-video/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;