TRUMP.

Discuss political news items / current events.
Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: TRUMP.

Post by Elizabeth »

https://winningamericanow.com/2017/12/2 ... ter-trump/

"The Israeli government intends to honour U.S. President Donald Trump by placing his name on a new train station that will be built next to the Western Wall.

Israeli Transportation Minister Israel Katz says the decision was made in response to President Trump’s declaration that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel and his decision to begin the process of moving the U.S. embassy there from Tel Aviv.

“The Western Wall is the holiest place for the Jewish people, and I decided to name the train station that leads to it after President Trump — following his historic and brave decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Israel,” Katz said.

The new Trump train station will be part of a larger construction project connecting Tel Aviv to Jerusalem by high-speed railway, The Jerusalem Post reports.”

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... der-trump/

"How Donald Trump turned tide of illegal immigration in first year: Border crossing hits 45-year low - Washington Times.

Illegal border crossing tumbled to a 45-year low and interior arrests of illegal immigrants soared in 2017, according to data released Tuesday that showed President Trump’s enforcement crackdown netted tangible results during his first year on the job.

The numbers, released by the Department of Homeland Security, reflected a stunning turnaround from the nearly nonexistent interior enforcement of immigration laws under President Obama.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection reported 310,531 apprehensions nationwide in fiscal 2017, which ended Sept. 30, a decline of 25 percent from a year earlier and the lowest level since 1971.

Nearly all of the Border Patrol arrests — 303,916 — were along the southwestern border, which the agency said underscored the need for a security wall that Mr. Trump wants to build."

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

https://conservativetribune.com/trump-v ... tyalliance

President Trump has been warning about the dangers of a nuclear capable North Korea for decades.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

"The United States has foolishly given Pakistan more than 33 billion dollars in aid over the last 15 years, and they have given us nothing but lies & deceit, thinking of our leaders as fools," Trump tweeted. "They give safe haven to the terrorists we hunt in Afghanistan, with little help. No more!"

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2018/01/robe ... e-of-trump

"In 2009, Iran was swept by demonstrations, just as it is now. But at that time, the protesters were shouting “Allahu akbar,” and there was no indication that they wanted anything but reform of the Islamic regime, not the end of the regime itself. This time, however, the protesters have been chanting: “We don’t want an Islamic Republic!” “Clerics shame on you, let go of our country!” Some have even chanted: “Reza Shah, bless your soul!”

What has changed? Donald Trump.

Reza Shah was the Shah of Iran from 1925 to 1941 and the father of Mohammed Reza Pahlavi, the Shah who was overthrown in the Islamic Revolution in 1979. Reza Shah admired Turkey’s Kemal Ataturk and set Iran on a similar path of Westernization and secularization. In chanting this, the protesters are emphasizing that they do not just want economic reforms, as has been the line of the establishment media in the West. Nor do they want an Islamic Republic that is less corrupt. They don’t want an Islamic Republic at all.

Now why would Trump have anything to do with this? Because he has been singular among the leaders of the world, and the Presidents of the United States since 1989, in demonstrating his readiness to stand up to violent intimidation. President Trump has already made it clear in so many ways, most notably by recognizing Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. Clinton, Bush, and Obama all spoke about Jerusalem being the capital of Israel, but backed off from recognizing the fact as official U.S. policy, for fear that Muslims would riot and kill innocent people, and that such a recognition would jeopardize the chimerical and fruitless “peace process.”

So should terrorists decide where our embassy should be? Trump was not willing to concede this point. And when one man shows that bullies can be confronted and stood down by people with courage, others are inspired to make the same kind of stand. This new Iranian uprising came just weeks after Trump’s Jerusalem announcement, after the threatened rage and riots of Muslims worldwide in response to that announcement proved to be largely a fizzle.

Is it a coincidence that the Iranian people have stood up to the forces of jihad intimidation just after the President did so? Maybe. But if so, it’s a marvelous one, and in either case it’s illustrative of the power of courage in an age of cowardice.

For here again, even if the Iranian freedom movement has nothing to do with Trump, it is certain that these demonstrations would already be over, and may never have begun, if Hillary Clinton were President of the United States right now. Confronted with those 2009 demonstrations that did not go as far or demand as much, Barack Obama betrayed the demonstrators to every grisly fate that the mullahs could devise for them in their torture chambers. Bent on concluding the disastrous nuclear deal that lined their oppressors’ pockets with billions and set the world on a path to a catastrophic nuclear attack, Obama ensured that the U.S. government didn’t lift a finger or offer a word of support for the protesters, even as they were being gunned down in the streets.

But now the man who is setting the tone is a different man. Trump has come out strongly in favor of the protesters, tweeting: “Many reports of peaceful protests by Iranian citizens fed up with regime’s corruption & its squandering of the nation’s wealth to fund terrorism abroad. Iranian govt should respect their people’s rights, including right to express themselves. The world is watching!”

In a similar vein, State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert said: “Iran’s leaders have turned a wealthy country with a rich history and culture into an economically depleted rogue state whose chief exports are violence, bloodshed, and chaos. As President Trump has said, the longest-suffering victims of Iran’s leaders are Iran’s own people.” Press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders added: “There are many reports of peaceful protests by Iranian citizens fed up with the regime’s corruption and its squandering of the nation’s wealth to fund terrorism abroad. The Iranian government should respect their people’s rights, including their right to express themselves.”

For the people of Iran, with help from Donald Trump, this could just possibly be the dawning of a new era of freedom. Even if the regime remains in power this time, it has been shaken to its core. It cannot afford to be as openly repressive and bloodthirsty as the Chinese at Tienanmen Square. Not, we can hope, with Donald Trump in the White House."

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

https://www.westernjournalism.com/top-p ... -the-year/

"One of the most prominent pro-life groups in the United States has named President Donald Trump the 2017 “Pro-Life Person of the Year.”
Operation Rescue gives its Malachi Award each year to recognize individuals “who work to advance the cause of protecting the pre-born.”
The organization’s president, Troy Newman, praised Trump for living up to the commitments that he made on the campaign trail.
“Operation Rescue is grateful (for) Pres. Trump for having the courage to keep promises made during the campaign that provide greater protections for the pre-born and deny Federal funds from those who commit abortions,” Newman said in a press release.
“He has proven to be the most pro-life president we have had in modern history and has backed up his pro-life rhetoric with action like no other before him,” the Operation Rescue leader added.
Operation Rescue pointed to several accomplishments during Trump’s first year that advanced the pro-life cause.
They included appointing conservative, pro-life Justice Neil Gorsuch to the U.S, Supreme Court, as well as the Department of Justice launching a “formal investigation into Planned Parenthood’s illegal baby parts trafficking scheme.”
Additionally, the president removed an Obama-era regulation forcing states to continue to fund Planned Parenthood.
Further, Trump “has provided protections for those of religious and moral convictions from paying for abortifacient drugs through Obamacare, and continues to work to repeal and replace it.”
Operation Rescue also highlighted Trump’s appointment of people who hold pro-life views throughout his administration.
“We are proud of President Trump and his bold willingness to advance the cause of life,” Newman said. “There are more battles ahead, but under the Trump administration, we can now finally see progress within our government toward restoring the sanctity of life and the protections of personhood to the pre-born.”
NARAL Pro-Choice America lashed out at Operation Rescue for honoring Trump with its award.
Operation Rescue has been under Newman’s leadership since 1999. Randall Terry, the group’s founder, left the organization in 1990. Terry was known for staging high profile protests at abortion clinics, for which he was arrested over 40 times.
Newman took the organization in a different direction, focusing on documenting and exposing abuses and illegal activity by the abortion industry.
He sits on the board of the Center for Medical Progress, which was the group responsible for releasing undercover videos shot at Planned Parenthood facilities in 2015, which potentially implicated the organization in the sale of aborted babies’ body parts.
The pro-life Susan B. Anthony List also praised Trump for his accomplishments during his first year in office.
The group published a list of Trump’s pro-life wins, which included those identified by Operation Rescue."

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

A list of 171 acomplishments in less than 1 year as president—could he be ome of The Trumps that John talks about in The Revelation???

http://mobile.wnd.com/2017/11/4621979/

Wow; he’s even better than I thiught he’d be! Let’s make America great again!
Last edited by DesertWonderer2 on January 4th, 2018, 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: January 3rd, 2018, 9:11 pmcould he be ome of The Trumps that John talks about in The Revelation???
No.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

:lol: LOL

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

The circus around Trump has never been about what is true or false but how Trump reacts :lol:

tdj
captain of 1,000

Post by tdj »

Joel wrote: January 5th, 2018, 8:59 am The circus around Trump has never been about what is true or false but how Trump reacts :lol:

Oh it's very much a circus, and I think the more accurate statement would be that much of the media simply doesn't care about what is true or false concerning Trump. He doesn't always react well, but honestly, I think we are in desperate need of a man in the white house who isn't an oily, smarmy person that is too measured on what he says. We've been needing someone with cajones for quite awhile.

Regardless of how you feel about Trump, I think we can all agree that the man's certainly got a pair.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

tdj wrote: January 5th, 2018, 9:18 am
Joel wrote: January 5th, 2018, 8:59 am The circus around Trump has never been about what is true or false but how Trump reacts :lol:

Oh it's very much a circus, and I think the more accurate statement would be that much of the media simply doesn't care about what is true or false concerning Trump. He doesn't always react well, but honestly, I think we are in desperate need of a man in the white house who isn't an oily, smarmy person that is too measured on what he says. We've been needing someone with cajones for quite awhile.

Regardless of how you feel about Trump, I think we can all agree that the man's certainly got a pair.
You have mistaken narcissism for bravery.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Exclusive: Bannon apologizes

Post by Joel »

Exclusive: Bannon apologizes

Battered by the backlash from Michael Wolff's book, Steve Bannon is trying to make amends with the Trump family, providing a statement to Axios that expresses "regret" to President Trump and praises his son, Donald Trump Jr.

"Donald Trump, Jr. is both a patriot and a good man. He has been relentless in his advocacy for his father and the agenda that has helped turn our country around."

"My support is also unwavering for the president and his agenda — as I have shown daily in my national radio broadcasts, on the pages of Breitbart News and in speeches and appearances from Tokyo and Hong Kong to Arizona and Alabama."

"President Trump was the only candidate that could have taken on and defeated the Clinton apparatus. I am the only person to date to conduct a global effort to preach the message of Trump and Trumpism; and remain ready to stand in the breech for this president's efforts to make America great again."

"My comments about the meeting with Russian nationals came from my life experiences as a Naval officer stationed aboard a destroyer whose main mission was to hunt Soviet submarines to my time at the Pentagon during the Reagan years when our focus was the defeat of 'the evil empire' and to making films about Reagan's war against the Soviets and Hillary Clinton's involvement in selling uranium to them."

"My comments were aimed at Paul Manafort, a seasoned campaign professional with experience and knowledge of how the Russians operate. He should have known they are duplicitous, cunning and not our friends. To reiterate, those comments were not aimed at Don Jr."

"Everything I have to say about the ridiculous nature of the Russian 'collusion' investigation I said on my 60 Minutes interview. There was no collusion and the investigation is a witch hunt."

"I regret that my delay in responding to the inaccurate reporting regarding Don Jr has diverted attention from the president's historical accomplishments in the first year of his presidency."

The backstory ... In Wolff's book, Bannon is quoted as saying of Mueller's prosecutors: "They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV.'"

Be smart: While Bannon's statement may seem like a baby step, he's as stubborn as Trump when it comes to apologizing and admitting he has made a mistake. He views any concession as a sign of humiliating weakness.

What's next: Look for Don Jr. to accept the statement graciously. But Bannon has further to go with President Trump: Axios has learned that POTUS has said that he wants surrogates who appear for him on TV to "bury Steve."

Axios' Jonathan Swan reported last night: Trump has been working the phones over the past several days, telling allies they need to choose between him and Bannon.

P.S. "Fake book" ... Trump tweets as he leaves Camp David: "I’ve had to put up with the Fake News from the first day I announced that I would be running for President. Now I have to put up with a Fake Book, written by a totally discredited author."

"Ronald Reagan had the same problem and handled it well. So will I!"

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Oprah :lol:

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Steve Bannon Resigns From Breitbart Over "Fire and Fury" Book Fallout

Post by Joel »

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Sassy Trump: My Meeting Had Great Reviews

Post by Joel »

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Donald Trump Is a Stable Genius

Post by Joel »

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

:lol:

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Gallup: Trump approval highest among Mormons

Post by Joel »

Gallup: Trump approval highest among Mormons

KUTV) — According to a recent Gallup poll, President Trump's job approval is highest among Mormons, and lowest among Muslims.

Trump's job approval is well above average for Mormons, marked at 61%. However, this approval is more frosty among Muslims, for whom his approval only clocks in at 18%.

According to the poll, Jews' approval was 26%, whereas Catholics' was 38%, which is similar to the national average.

The full job approval ratings are as follows:
  • Mormons: 61%
  • Protestant/Other Christian: 48%
  • National adults: 39%
  • Catholic: 38%
  • Jewish: 26%
  • None/Atheist/Agnostic: 23%
  • Other non-Christian religion: 22%
  • Muslim: 18%
According to Gallup, the results are based on more than 122,000 interviews conducted as part of Gallup Daily tracking in 2017, with sample sizes ranging from 60,411 Protestants to 893 Muslims.

Results for this Gallup poll are based on telephone interviews conducted Jan. 2-Dec. 30, 2017, on the Gallup U.S. Daily survey, with a random sample of 122,322 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.

See the full Gallup poll here.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Should the Word ‘S***hole’ President Trump Used Be Censored on TV?

Post by Joel »

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

"As noted by the AP, during a private discussion with congressional Democrats and Republicans this Thursday regarding immigration policy, President Trump allegedly expressed interest in importing more immigrants from developed nations such as Norway versus undeveloped ones such as Haiti and El Salvador."