WHO CARES

Discuss political news items / current events.
msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

WHO CARES

Post by msfreeh »

Laser fusion experiment yields record energy
Aug 27, 2013 by Breanna Bishop

http://phys.org/news/2013-08-laser-fusi ... tml#ajTabs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: WHO CARES

Post by msfreeh »

Washington man tries to shoot marijuana arrow into jail: sheriff
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1440281" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by msfreeh »

see link for full story
http://www.collapsenet.com/free-resourc ... the-rebels" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Saturday, 31 August 2013 18:10
REPORT: Saudi Prince Bandar "Bush" Was Source of Chemical Attacks By the REBELS

Don't Show Obama This Report About Who Really Is Behind The Syrian Chemical Attacks

“As we showed mere days ago, it appears the truth of who the real puppet-master in the Middle-East is becoming plainer to see. The incredibly frank discussion between Saudi's spy-chief Prince Bandar and Russia's Putin exposed a much deeper plot is afoot and the following details from the actual people on the ground in the chemically-attacked region of Syria suggest Obama is playing right into the Saudi's plan. While Obama is 'certain' that the chemical attacks took place on al-Assad's orders, as MPN reports, "from numerous interviews with doctors, Ghouta residents, rebel fighters and their families, a different picture emerges. Many believe that certain rebels received chemical weapons via the Saudi intelligence chief, Prince Bandar bin Sultan, and were responsible for carrying out the dealing gas attack."

The narrative for public consumption is well-known and quite clear - it was all as-Assad's fault. And yet...

Via MPN,

“... from numerous interviews with doctors, Ghouta residents, rebel fighters and their families, a different picture emerges. Many believe that certain rebels received chemical weapons via the Saudi intelligence chief, Prince Bandar bin Sultan, and were responsible for carrying out the dealing gas attack.

“My son came to me two weeks ago asking what I thought the weapons were that he had been asked to carry,”said Abu Abdel-Moneim, the father of a rebel fighting to unseat Assad, who lives in Ghouta.

Abdel-Moneim said his son and 12 other rebels were killed inside of a tunnel used to store weapons provided by a Saudi militant, known as Abu Ayesha, who was leading a fighting battalion. The father described the weapons as having a “tube-like structure” while others were like a “huge gas bottle.”

Ghouta townspeople said the rebels were using mosques and private houses to sleep while storing their weapons in tunnels.

Abdel-Moneim said his son and the others died during the chemical weapons attack. That same day, the militant group Jabhat al-Nusra, which is linked to al-Qaida, announced that it would similarly attack civilians in the Assad regime’s heartland of Latakia on Syria’s western coast, in purported retaliation.

“They didn’t tell us what these arms were or how to use them,” complained a female fighter named ‘K.’ “We didn’t know they were chemical weapons. We never imagined they were chemical weapons.”

“When Saudi Prince Bandar gives such weapons to people, he must give them to those who know how to handle and use them,” she warned. She, like other Syrians, do not want to use their full names for fear of retribution.””

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by msfreeh »

see link for full story
http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbc ... 1/-1/rss36" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Report: Troopers have caused nearly 500 crashes in last 7 years

BOSTON—State troopers have caused nearly 500 crashes in their cruisers over the past seven years, including instances in which officers were inattentive, speeding or following cars too closely, according to WBZ-TV.
more stories like this

The WBZ-TV analysis of 2,600 cruiser accidents also shows nearly 120 officers have had four or more crashes in the past seven years.

But police data shows the majority of crashes occur on dry roadways with clear skies and while officers are either commuting from home, working a detail or on a regular police patrol, according to the report.

Troopers are allowed to investigate themselves in accidents in which no one is injured and there is less than $1,000 in damages -- despite potential conflict of interests. They frequently clear themselves of wrongdoing, according to the report.

Senior State Police officers have cleared their troopers in 55 percent of the total crashes and found them partially at fault only about seven percent of the time. They have been found to have caused the crash about 19 percent of the time, the report said, citing crash records.

"I think inherently you can't investigate yourself ... you can't be objective," Delaney told WBZ-TV. "I think that might be a glitch in the system."

Even when troopers are cleared of causing the accident, the circumstances can still raise questions.

Michael Benson of Weston claims he was making a left turn off Park Drive in Boston during rush hour in April 2006, when he was struck in his left passenger side by motorcycle Trooper Joaquin Miranda.

Miranda, 48, has had seven crashes since August 2001, according to the data. He has never been found at fault, according to the report.

The officer was cleared of his latest accident in February by Sgt. Dennis Bertulli, who was sanctioned by his bosses for plowing into a pedestrian at this year's Boston Marathon.

Other troopers have had repeat accidents in which they were the only motorist involved. Trooper Matthew Croteau, 34, has had five crashes in four years, including four single-vehicle crashes in which he lost control of his cruiser. The officer has been found at fault four times -- twice on patrol, once while commuting and once off duty, according to WBZ-TV.

Dennis Kenney, a former police officer and professor at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York, said police officers are given vehicles and are allowed to exceed the speed limit under certain circumstances, including emergency situations.

"The assumption I think the citizens have is that they are qualified to do so," Kenney said. "If they are having problems with accidents, that would suggest they may not be qualified to do so, which puts all of us at risk."

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by msfreeh »

The Last Chance to Stop the NDAA
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/the ... _20130902/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Posted on Sep 2, 2013
By Chris Hedges

I and my fellow plaintiffs have begun the third and final round of our battle to get the courts to strike down a section of the National Defense Authorization Act(NDAA) that permits the military to seize U.S. citizens, strip them of due process and hold them indefinitely in military facilities. Carl Mayer and Bruce Afran, the lawyers who with me in January 2012 brought a lawsuit against President Barack Obama (Hedges v. Obama), are about to file papers asking the U.S. Supreme Court to hear our appeal of a 2013 ruling on the act’s Section 1021.

“First the terrorism-industrial complex assured Americans that they were only spying on foreigners, not U.S. citizens,” Mayer said to me recently. “Then they assured us that they were only spying on phone calls, not electronic communications. Then they assured us that they were not spying on American journalists. And now both [major political] parties and the Obama administration have assured us that they will not detain journalists, citizens and activists. Well, they detained journalist Chris Hedges without a lawyer, they detained journalist Laura Poitraswithout due process and if allowed to stand this law will permit the military to target activists, journalists and citizens in an unprecedented assault on freedom in America.”

Last year we won round one: U.S. District Judge Katherine B. Forrest of the Southern District of New York declared Section 1021 unconstitutional. The Obama administration immediately appealed her ruling and asked a higher court to put the law back into effect until Obama’s petition was heard. The appellate court agreed. The law went back on the books. I suspect it went back on the books because the administration is already using it, most likely holding U.S. citizens who are dual nationals in black sites in Afghanistan and the Middle East. If Judge Forrest’s ruling were allowed to stand, the administration, if it is indeed holding U.S. citizens in military detention centers, would be in contempt of court.

In July 2013 the appellate court, in round two, overturned Forrest’s ruling. All we have left is the Supreme Court, which may not take the case. If the Supreme Court does not take our case, the law will remain in place unless Congress strikes it down, something that federal legislators have so far refused to consider. The three branches of government may want to retain the ability to use the military to maintain control if widespread civil unrest should occur in the United States. I suspect the corporate state knows that amid the mounting effects of climate change and economic decline the military may be all that is left between the elite and an enraged population. And I suspect the corporate masters do not trust the police to protect them.

If Section 1021 stands it will mean that more than 150 years of case law in which the Supreme Court repeatedly held the military has no jurisdiction over civilians will be abolished. It will mean citizens who are charged by the government with “substantially supporting” al-Qaida, the Taliban or the nebulous category of “associated forces” will be lawfully subject to extraordinary rendition. It will mean citizens seized by the military will languish in military jails indefinitely, or in the language of Section 1021 until “the end of hostilities”—in an age of permanent war, for the rest of their lives. It will mean, in short, obliteration of our last remaining legal protections, especially now that we have lost the right to privacy, and the ascent of a crude, militarized state that serves the leviathan of corporate totalitarianism. It will mean, as Forrest pointed out in her 112-page opinion, that whole categories of Americans—and here you can assume dissidents and activists—will be subject to seizure by the military and indefinite and secret detention.

“As Justice [Robert] Jackson said in his dissent in the Korematsu case, involving the indiscriminate detention of Japanese-American citizens during World War II, once an unconstitutional military power is sanctioned by the courts it ‘lies about like a loaded weapon, ready for the hand of any authority,’ ” Mayer said.

In our lawsuit the appellate court never directly addressed the issue of using the military to hold citizens and strip them of due process—something that is clearly unconstitutional. Instead, the court held that I and the other plaintiffs did not have standing to bring the case. It said that because none of us had been imminently threatened with arrest we had no credible fear. This was an odd argument. When I was a New York Times reporter I was, as stated in court, arrested and held by the U.S. military in violation of my First Amendment rights as I was covering conflicts in the Middle East. In addition I was briefly detained, without explanation, in the Newark, N.J., airport by Homeland Security as I returned from Italy, the court was told.

During the five years I covered the war in El Salvador the Reagan administration regularly denounced reporters who exposed atrocities by the Salvadoran military as “fifth columnists”for the rebel movement, a charge that made us in the eyes of Reagan officials at the very least accomplices to terrorism. This, too, was raised in court, as was the fact that during my seven years as a reporter in the Middle East I met regularly with individuals and groups, including al-Qaida, that were considered terrorists by the U.S. government. There were times in my 20-year career as a foreign correspondent, especially when I reported events or opinions that challenged the official narrative, that the U.S. government made little distinction between me and groups that were antagonistic to the United States. In those days there was no law that could be used to seize and detain me. Now there is.

Journalist Alexa O’Brien, who joined the lawsuit as a plaintiff along with Noam Chomsky, Daniel Ellsberg and others, was incorrectly linked by the security and surveillance state to terrorist groups in the Middle East. O’Brien, who doggedly covered the trial of Chelsea (formerly Bradley) Manning, co-founded US Day of Rage, an organization dedicated to electoral reform. When WikiLeaks in February 2012 released 5 million emails from Stratfor, a private security firm that does work for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, the Marine Corps and the Defense Intelligence Agency, it was revealed that the company was attempting to tie O’Brien and her organization to Islamic radicals and websites as well as jihadist ideology. Fred Burton, Stratfor’s vice president for counterterrorism and corporate security and a former deputy director of the counterterrorism division of the State Department’s Diplomatic Security Service, and Thomas Kopecky, director of operations at Investigative Research Consultants Inc. and Fortis Protective Services LLC, had an email exchange over this issue. Kopecky wrote: “I was looking into that US Day of Rage movement and specifically asked to connect it to any Saudi or other fundamentalist Islamic movements. Thus far, I have only hear[d] rumors but not gotten any substantial connection. Do you guys know much about this other than its US Domestic fiscal ideals?” Burton replied: “No, we’re not aware of any concrete connections between fundamentalist Islamist movements and the Day of Rage, or the October 2011 movementat this point.” But that soon changed. Stratfor, through others working in conjunction with the FBI, falsely linked US Day of Rage to al-Qaida and other Islamic terrorist organizations. Homeland Security later placed her group on a terrorism watch list.

This will be the standard tactic. Laws passed in the so-called war on terror will be used to turn all dissidents and activists into terrorism suspects, subjecting them to draconian forms of state repression and control. The same tactic was used during the anti-communist hysteria of the 20th century to destroy union leaders, writers, civil rights activists, intellectuals, artists, teachers, politicians and organizations that challenged entrenched corporate power.
“After 12 years of an undeclared permanent war against an undefined enemy and multiple revelations about massive unconstitutional spying by the government, we certainly hope that the Supreme Court will strike down a law that replaces our civilian system of justice with a military one,” said Mayer. “Unless this happens there will be little left of judicial review during wartime.”

Afran, a law professor at Rutgers University, asked last week during a conversation with me: “Does the Army have to be knocking on your door saying, ‘Come with me,’ before there will be the ability to challenge such a law?” He said the appellate court’s ruling “means you have to be incarcerated before you can challenge the law under which you’re incarcerated.”

“There’s nothing that’s built into this NDAA [the National Defense Authorization Act] that even gives a detained person the right to get to an attorney,” Afran said. “In fact, the whole notion is that it’s secret. It’s outside of any judicial process. You’re not even subject to a military trial. You can be moved to other jurisdictions under the law. It’s the antithesis of due process.”

The judges on the appellate court admitted that we as plaintiffs had raised “difficult questions.”
“This is a way of acknowledging they’re troubled by the apparent lack of constitutionality of the law,” Afran said during our conversation. “But they were not willing to face the question head on. So, in effect, they said, ‘Well, when someone’s threatened with arrest, then we have a concrete injury.’ But no one’s going to be threatened with arrest. They’ll simply be arrested. They’re not going to send a letter saying, ‘By the way, on Thursday next we’re going to place you in military custody.’ … The whole point of the law is that they’re going to come in and take you [in secrecy].”

The appellate court stated that the law does not apply to U.S. citizens and permanent residents. In reading the law this way the justices were saying, in effect, that I and the other plaintiffs had nothing to fear. Afran called this a “circular argument.” The court, in essence, said that because it did not construe the law as applying to U.S. citizens and lawful residents we could not bring the case to court.

“They seem to accept a lot of what we said, namely that the whole history of the jurisprudence, of the court decisions, is that American civilians cannot be placed in military custody,” Afran said. “And they accept the idea that Section E of the statute says, ‘Nothing herein shall be construed to affect existing authorities as to the detention of U.S. citizens.’ So on the basis of that they say this is not meant to add any new powers to the government and since the government doesn’t have power over civilians in this way the law can’t be extended to civilians. The problem is by saying there’s no standing, they deprive the district court of entering an order, saying and declaring that the statue does not apply to U.S. citizens or permanent residents, lawful residents in the U.S.”

The court, in essence, accepted the principle that citizens cannot be taken into military custody but refused to issue a direct order saying so that would be enforceable.
“We have the absurdity of the court of appeals, one of the highest courts in the country, saying this law cannot touch citizens and lawful residents, but depriving the trial court of the ability to enter an order blocking it from being used in that way,” Afran said. “The lack of an order enables future [military] detentions. A person may have to languish for months, maybe years, before getting a court hearing. The [appellate] court correctly stated what the law is, but it deprived the trial court of the ability to enter an order stopping this [new] law from being used.”

“A law is not constitutional just because habeas corpus says you have a right to go to court to try to get out,” Afran said in speaking about the legal mechanism by which someone might challenge custody. “The citizen is entitled not to be detained in the first place absent probable cause. Habeas corpus is a remedy of last resort. It’s not there to justify the use of unconstitutional detention laws.”

The Supreme Court takes between 80 and 100 cases a year from about 8,000 requests. There is no guarantee our appeal will ever be heard. If we fail, if this law stands, if in the years ahead the military starts to randomly seize and disappear people, if dissidents and activists become subject to indefinite and secret detention in military gulags, we will at least be able to look back on this moment and know we fought back.

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by msfreeh »

see link for video of Clark and full story
http://whowhatwhy.com/2013/08/31/classi ... ley-clark/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CLASSIC WHY: Real Reason for Syria War Plans, from Gen. Wesley Clark
By James Huang on Aug 31, 2013

We originally published this in September, 2012. More relevant now than ever. Also be sure to see this other piece with views from Clark on oil and activism, and our other related stories by typing “Syria” in our search box.

In this stunning but little-known speech from 2007, Gen. Wesley Clark claims America underwent a “policy coup” at the time of the 9/11 attacks. In this video, he reveals that, right after 9/11, he was privy to information contained in a classified memo: US plans to attack and remove governments in seven countries over five years: Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Iran.

He was told: “We learned that we can use our military without being challenged …. We’ve got about five years to clean up the Soviet client regimes before another superpower comes along and challenges us.”

“This was a policy coup…these people took control of policy in the United States….”

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by msfreeh »

Courthouse News Service
Thursday, September 05, 2013

http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/09/05/60873.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SACRAMENTO - Security workers at the Sacramento Superior Courthouse made a blind man pass through a checkpoint without his white cane without telling him there were stairs at the end of it, which he fell down, he claims in Superior Court.

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by msfreeh »

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/kitten- ... ors/nZn6J/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thursday, Sept. 5, 2013

Kitten dies after being thrown from car at demonstrators

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by msfreeh »

Top 10 Unproven Claims for War Against Syria

By Dennis Kucinich, Reader Supported News

05 September 13

In the lead-up to the Iraq War, I researched, wrote and circulated a document to members of Congress which explored unanswered questions and refuted President Bush's claim for a cause for war. The document detailed how there was no proof Iraq was connected to 9/11 or tied to al Qaeda's role in 9/11, that Iraq neither had WMDs nor was it a threat to the U.S., lacking intention and capability to attack. Unfortunately, not enough members of Congress performed due diligence before they approved the war.

Here are some key questions which President Obama has yet to answer in the call for congressional approval for war against Syria. This article is a call for independent thinking and congressional oversight, which rises above partisan considerations.

The questions the Obama administration needs to answer before Congress can even consider voting on Syria:

Claim #1. The administration claims a chemical weapon was used.

The UN inspectors are still completing their independent evaluation.

Who provided the physiological samples of sarin gas on which your evaluation is based? Were any other non-weaponized chemical agents discovered or sampled?

Who from the United States was responsible for the chain of custody?

Where was the laboratory analysis conducted?

Were U.S. officials present during the analysis of the samples? Does your sample show military grade or lower grade sarin gas?

Can you verify that your sample matches the exact composition of the alleged Syrian government composition?

Further reading: Brown Moses blog; McClatchy News report; Global Research report.

Claim #2: The administration claims the opposition has not used chemical weapons.

Which opposition?

Are you speaking of a specific group, or all groups working in Syria to overthrow President Assad and his government?

Has your administration independently and categorically dismissed the reports of rebel use of chemical weapons which have come from such disparate sources as Russia, the United Nations, and the Turkish state newspaper?

Have you investigated the rumors that the Saudis may have supplied the rebels with chemicals that could be weaponized?

Has the administration considered the ramifications of inadvertently supporting al Qaeda-affiliated Syrian rebels?

Was any intelligence received in the last year by the U.S. government indicating that sarin gas was brought into Syria by rebel factions, with or without the help of a foreign government or intelligence agents?

Further reading: Global Research report; Wall Street Journal article; Reuters story; Zaman story (in Turkish -- see Google translate from Turkish to English); Atlantic Sentinel story; AP story

Claim #3: The administration claims chemical weapons were used because the regime's conventional weapons were insufficient

Who is responsible for the conjecture that the reason chemical weapons were used against the Damascus suburbs is that Assad's conventional weapons were insufficient to secure "large portions of Damascus"?

Claim #4: The administration claims to have intelligence relating to the mixing of chemical weapons by regime elements

Who saw the chemical weapons being mixed from August 18th on?

Was any warning afforded to the Syria opposition and if not, why not?

If, on August 21st a "regime element" was preparing for a chemical weapons attack, has an assessment been made which could definitively determine whether such preparation (using gas masks) was for purpose of defense, and not offense?

Claim #5: The administration claims intelligence that Assad's brother ordered the attack

What is the type of and source of intelligence which alleges that Assad's brother personally ordered the attack?

Who made the determination that Assad's brother ordered the attack, based on which intelligence, from what source?

Claim #6: The administration claims poison gas was released in a rocket attack

Who was tracking the rocket and the artillery attack which preceded the poison gas release?

Did these events occur simultaneously or consecutively?

Could these events, the rocket launches and the release of poison gas, have been conflated?

Based upon the evidence, is it possible that a rocket attack by the Syrian government was aimed at rebels stationed among civilians and a chemical weapons attack was launched by rebels against the civilian population an hour and a half later?

Is it possible that chemical weapons were released by the rebels -- unintentionally?

Explain the 90-minute time interval between the rocket launch and chemical weapon attacks.

Has forensic evidence been gathered at the scene of the attack which would confirm the use of rockets to deliver the gas?

If there was a rocket launch would you supply evidence of wounds from the rockets impact and explosion?

What is the source of the government's analysis?

If the rockets were being tracked via "geospatial intelligence," what were the geospatial coordinates of the launching sites and termination locations?

Claim #7: The administration claims 1,429 people died in the attack

Secretary Kerry claimed 1,429 deaths, including 426 children. From whom did that number first originate?

Claim #8: The administration has made repeated references to videos and photos of the attack as a basis for military action against Syria

When and where were the videos taken of the aftermath of the poison gas attack?

Claim #9: The administration claims a key intercept proves the Assad regime's complicity in the chemical weapons attack

Will you release the original transcripts in the language in which it was recorded as well as the translations relied upon to determine the nature of the conversation allegedly intercepted?

What is the source of this transcript? What was the exact time of the intercept? Was it a U.S. intercept or supplied from a non-U.S. source?

Have you determined the transcripts' authenticity? Have you considered that the transcripts could have been doctored or fake?

Was the "senior official," whose communications were intercepted, a member of Assad's government?

How was he "familiar" with the offensive? Through a surprised acknowledgement that such an attack had taken place? Or through actual coordination of said attack? Release the transcripts!

Was he an intelligence asset of the U.S., or our allies? In what manner had he "confirmed" chemical weapons were used by the regime?

Who made the assessment that his intercepted communications were a confirmation of the use of chemical weapons by the regime on August 21st?

What is the source of information that the Syrian chemical weapons personnel were "directed to cease operations"?

Is this the same source who witnessed regime officials mixing the chemicals?

Does the transcript indicate whether the operations they were "directed to cease" were related to ceasing conventional or chemical attacks?

Will you release the transcripts and identify sources of this claim?

Do you have transcripts, eyewitness accounts or electronic intercepts of communications between Syrian commanders or other regime officials which link the CW attack directly to President Assad?

Who are the intelligence officials who made the assessment -- are they U.S. intelligence officials or did the initial analysis come from a non-U.S. source?

Claim #10: The administration claims that sustained shelling occurred after the chemical weapons attack in order to cover up the traces of the attack

Please release all intelligence and military assessments as to the reason for the sustained shelling, which is reported to have occurred after the chemical weapons attack.

Who made the determination that was this intended to cover up a chemical weapon attack? Or was it to counterattack those who released chemicals?

How does shelling make the residue of sarin gas disappear?

The American people have a right to a full release and vetting of all facts before their elected representatives are asked to make a decision of great consequence for America, Syria and the world. Congress must be provided answers prior to the vote, in open hearings, not in closed sessions where information can be manipulated in the service of war. We've been there before. It's called Iraq.

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by msfreeh »

You deserve the best serial killing mercenary returning from Iraq that your tax dime can buy,eh?

a species that hires serial killing mercenaries to protect them looses the ability to protect itself and is doomed to extinction
especially when the serial killers turn on them, wink , nod, know what I mean?

see link for full story
http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/09/06/60930.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Friday, September 06, 2013Last Update: 3:08 PM PT

Where Curiosity Tased the Cat, Immunity Denied

Police may be liable for using a Taser on a man who asked, "What are you doing to Jack," as he watched officers wrestle with his suicidal neighbor, the 9th Circuit ruled Friday.
Donald and Kristi Gravelet-Blondin stepped outside in slippers one May night in 2008 in Snohomish, Wash., to find out what was going on at their neighbor Jack's house. The police were trying to get Jack out of his car, which, in an apparent suicide attempt, had a hose running from the exhaust pipe into one of its windows. Jack reportedly had a gun, and when he refused to show his hands after turning off the car, officers moved to put him in handcuffs, Tasing him twice.
The Blondins got within about 37 feet of the scene, heard Jack moaning and saw him pinned on the ground. Donald Blondin said, "What are you doing to Jack?" and faced a barrage of orders to get back. When he didn't move, or didn't move enough, Sgt. Jeff Shelton rushed him with Taser drawn.
A witness said that Blondin seemed to be "frozen with fear." Shelton warned Blondin that he was about to be Tased, but fired before he finished saying it, according to the ruling.
"Sgt. Shelton tased Blondin in dart mode, knocking him down and causing excruciating pain, paralysis, and loss of muscle control," the ruling states. "Blondin, disoriented and weak, began to hyperventilate. Sgt. Shelton asked Blondin if he 'want[ed] it again' before turning to Ms. Blondin and warning, 'You're next.'"
Blondin was later charged with obstructing a police officer, but the case was dropped. The Blondins then sued the city of Snohomish and Shelton for excessive force, unlawful arrest and various violations of state law, including common-law outrage for causing a wife to watch her husband being shot with a Taser

"His momentary failure to move farther than thirty-seven feet away from officers arresting his neighbor, after merely inquiring into what those officers were doing, can hardly be considered resistance," Judge Michael Daly Hawkins wrote for the three-judge panel. "This is especially so given evidence that Blondin was visibly frozen with fear."
The Seattle-based panel noted that, in 2008, when the "Tenth Circuit and a number of district courts had found taser use unconstitutionally excessive in some circumstances," the Snohomish Police Department viewed the employment of a Taser as a very light use of force, lighter even then a "firm grip." While this is no longer the department's policy, the city cannot escape the Blondins' claims that it may have played a part in the incident.
"The city's policy told Sgt. Shelton that tasing nonresisting individuals in circumstances like this one was acceptable," Hawkins wrote. "It informed him that even a firm grip entails more force than a taser and deputized him with the power to tase an individual who presents no threat at all."
The ruling also states that, about year after the incident with Blondin, Shelton was "reprimanded" on a performance evaluation for "being 'too quick to apply the taser when basic hands on defensive tactics would have brought the subject into compliance.'"
Writing in dissent, Judge Jacqueline Nguyen argued that the majority had failed to look at the incident from Shelton's point of view.
"Blondin interjected himself into a rapidly-evolving, highly volatile scene: officers struggling to restrain a combative, armed man in the process of trying to take his own life," Nguyen wrote. "At the time Blondin was tased, two loaded firearms were unsecured. Yet, at every turn, the majority attempts to minimize the precariousness of the situation, thinly splicing the facts to assess Blondin's conduct-and the reasonableness of the officers' response-in a vacuum. It is one thing to resolve disputed facts and inferences in Blondin's favor. But the majority goes well beyond this by choosing to ignore undisputed facts which do not favor Blondin's case. By discounting the danger and abstracting the qualified immunity inquiry, the majority's approach fails to accord appropriate deference to an officer's reasonable judgment exercised under exigent circumstances."
Timothy Ford of MacDonald Hoague & Bayless in Seattle represented the Blondins. He did not immediately return a request for comment on Friday. Neither did the defendants' attorney, Richard Jolley of Adam Rosenberg, Keating, Bucklin & McCormack in Seattle.

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by msfreeh »

Uproar as famed Boston St Pat's breakfast may be hosted by black woman
Angry Irish American leader says he wants to be host for major St.Pat's event
September 7, 2013, 7:01 AM

see link for full story
http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Row-as ... 90001.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A political fight over who should host South Boston’s traditional St. Patrick’s Day breakfast has pitched the area’s Irish American establishment against the district’s new Haitian-American state senator, Linda Dorcena-Forry. The fight involves tradition, ethnicity and racial politics.

The Boston Globe reports that the Irish-American politicians are in an uproar that an outsider – who happens to be a black woman -- is poised to take on one of their most treasured traditions. The racial aspect of the turf war is unspoken, but still clearly a factor in the controversy.

The breakfast, essentially “a political roast,” is traditionally hosted by the senator representing the First Suffolk district. For generations, the “Southie Seat,” representing parts of Dorchester, Mattapan and Hyde Park, has been held by Irish-American men – most recently, Jack Hart. This year, Sen. Jack Hart resigned to take a job in the private sector, leaving the seat vacant and the event without a host. City Councillor Bill Linehan stepped in to pour the tea, so to speak.

But in May of this year, Dorcena-Forry defeated South Boston’s state representative Nick Collins in the Democratic primary to win the senate seat. And among her office’s customary – though unofficial -- duties is hosting the popular Irish event, which is broadcast on local television each year.

Linehan has made it clear that he intends to host the March 2014 event.

“It’s never been stated anywhere that it has to be the state senator,” he told the Globe. “It’s a cultural thing . . . There have been people who have hosted it who were not the state senator.”

However, when it comes to culture – specifically, Irish culture -- Dorcena-Forry has a fairly strong connection. She is married to Bill Forry, the publisher of the Boston Irish Reporter and the Dorechester Reporter. She and her Irish-American husband have raised their family in South Boston.

“I have four bi-racial children -- Irish-American and black,” she told the Globe.

“I’ve been to Ireland four times. We celebrate the culture in my house. My two oldest sons were baptized in St. Augustine’s chapel in South Boston. I’m not just a random black woman who has this seat.”

Linehan, meanwhile, insists that he is the rightful host of the breakfast, and won’t give up the position without a fight.

“Just because [Dorcena-Forry] feels she should be the host doesn’t mean that will happen without negotiation,” he said. “She’s not just going to proclaim that she’s the host without having a discussion with me.”

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by msfreeh »

9/8/2013 at 12:33:52
Congressional Approval doesn't Legalize an Attack on Syria

see link for full story

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Congre ... 8-417.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

External and internal pressures have forced President Obama to seek approval for an intervention in Syria. While many might rejoice in a constitutional victory and a weakening of unbridled executive power, particularly in the use of force, congressional approval lacks the international validity for a strike against another country.

Only the Security Council or an imminent threat to the security of the United States grants legitimacy to an act of war which unquestionably occurs when a state fires any weapon into the sovereign territory of another.

According to the United Nations Charter, Article 2, paragraph 4: "All Members shall refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state, or in any other manner inconsistent with the Purposes of the United Nations." To ensure that self-defense is still available in the event of an imminent attack, Chapter 7, Article 51, states that: "Nothing in the present Charter shall impair the inherent right of individual or collective self-defence if an armed attack occurs against a Member of the United Nations, until the Security Council has taken measures necessary to maintain international peace and security. Measures taken by Members in the exercise of this right of self-defence shall be immediately reported to the Security Council and shall not in any way affect the authority and responsibility of the Security Council under the present Charter to take at any time such action as it deems necessary in order to maintain or restore international peace and security."

The criteria for self-defense are usually defined by the Caroline Case which establishes that there had to exist "a necessity of self-defense, instant, overwhelming, leaving no choice of means, and no moment of deliberation."

In addition, the Authorization to Use Military Force Act (AUMF), passed by Congress September 14, 2001, states that: "That the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons."

The use of all necessary force is limited to entities that were directly involved in 9/11 and there isn't even the slightest attempt to invoke AUMF and paradoxically, some of the insurgent groups fighting the Assad regime have been known to have ties to al Qaeda groups.

Responsibility to Protect actions are also limited by the formalization of the concept in international law through a document resulting from the World Summit of 2005. Paragraphs 138 and 139 stipulate that, "Each individual State has the responsibility to protect its populations from genocide, war crimes, ethnic cleansing and crimes against humanity"In this context, we are prepared to take collective action"through the Security Council, in accordance with the Charter, including Chapter VII." R2P grants no licence to any State to act unilaterally or collectively with other States other than through the Security Council and the UN Charter.

Reference to the Kosovo precedent was invoked in a desperate attempt to impart legitimacy to the possible intervention in Syrian with a straight face given that the bombing of Serbia was a war crime according to International Law. The Security Council was bypassed and therefore the UN Charter.

Cruise missiles, which have been suggested as the weapon of choice for a Syrian intervention may violate The Convention on Prohibitions and Restrictions of Certain Conventional Weapons which bans, "Conventional Weapons which may be deemed to be excessively injurious or to have indiscriminate effects." There are numerous types of cruise missiles but some of them carry a fragmentation payload which makes the weapons' impact indiscriminate and therefore illegal.

Without Security Council approval, any attack on Syria would be illegal but it would also be monumentally hypocritical. No country has used illegal weapons, including chemical weapons, more frequently than the United States. Agent Orange in Vietnam, white phosphorous in Fallujah, cluster bombs in a number of countries and laser weapons in Panama are testimony to America's complete disregard of international and humanitarian law pertaining to the use of illegal weapons.

If Congress foolishly authorizes a strike against Syria, Obama will claim he now has the authority required for intervention in Syria to deter Assad from further usage of chemical weapons. While the stated justification is spurious, it is transparently foolish and childish.

http://consuming-ourselves.blogspot/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by msfreeh »

see link for full story
http://rt.com/usa/fbi-lawyer-surveillance-judge-732/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ex-FBI counsel implicated in surveillance abuses nominated to crucial federal bench
Published time: September 11, 2013 22:58
The former top lawyer at the FBI deeply implicated in surveillance abuses revealed before and by Edward Snowden’s leaks was confirmed as a federal judge in a top court for terrorism cases this week.
The US Senate voted 73-24 on Monday in approving Valerie Caproni, Federal Bureau of Investigation general counsel from 2003 to 2011, to the Southern District of New York, one of the country's most important federal courts for terrorism cases.

Caproni has received bipartisan criticism for allowing and defending surveillance abuses both found to be overbroad during her tenure and those not disclosed when she was counsel but later revealed to be inappropriate or illegal. For example, the Snowden leaks showed Caproni mischaracterized the limits of the Patriot Act during her term.

A 2010 report by the Department of Justice revealed the FBI inappropriately used non-judicial subpoenas called “exigent letters” to gather phone numbers of over 5,550 Americans until 2006.

"The FBI broke the law on telephone records privacy and the general counsel's office, headed by Valerie Caproni, sanctioned it and must face consequences," said John Conyers in April 2010 as chairman of the House Judiciary Committee.

Conyers called for Caproni’s firing at the time over the use of the non-judicial subpoenas, according to the Guardian.

"It's not in the Patriot Act. It never has been. And its use, perhaps coincidentally, began in the same month that Ms Valerie Caproni began her work as general counsel," Conyers said in 2010.

Caproni told House lawmakers in 2008 if phone numbers -- acquired from telephone companies by the FBI via the non-judicial subpoenas evidently sanctioned in the Patriot Act -- were not related to a "currently open investigation, and there was no emergency at the time we received the records, the records are removed from our files and destroyed.”

Yet revelations found in documents supplied by Snowden outlined how the National Security Agency stores phone records on all Americans for up five years no matter if they are associated with an open investigation or not. In addition, it’s been found that the NSA has the capability to feed the FBI phone records if there is a "reasonable articulable suspicion" they are related to terrorism.

"Caproni knew that the Bush administration could use or was using the Section 215 provision in the Patriot Act to obtain Americans' phone records on a broad scale, an issue that has recently been documented by the whistleblower material first printed in the Guardian," Lisa Graves, a former deputy assistant attorney general who dealt with Caproni while working on national security issues for the ACLU, told the Guardian.

In 2007, DOJ’s Inspector General Glenn Fine found the FBI was serially abusing National Security Letters -- a demand regarding national security independent of legal subpoenas-- to obtain business records, including "unauthorized collection of telephone or internet email transactional records.” While the larger collection of phone records was still not exposed at the time, Caproni called the inappropriate collection a “colossal failure on our part.”

"Government officials that secretly approved of overbroad surveillance programs the public is only seeing now because of leaks, and whose testimony on the issue obscured rather than revealed these abuses, should be held to account for their actions in a public forum," former FBI agent Mike German told the Guardian.

"She is a woman with impeccable credentials," Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) said on the Senate floor Monday. "This country needs more women like her."

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by msfreeh »

see link for full story

http://www.olneydailymail.com/article/2 ... /1001/NEWS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One of the speakers , Ed Tatro is a friend who we brought to speak at Bates College.
He scripted the banned History Channel documentary THE GUILTY MEN and appears in the program.

Olney Central College will host two-day conference on JFK assassination
OCC instructor David Denton has organized event

Posted Oct. 17, 2013 @ 5:24 pm

Olney, Ill. —

This year marks the 50th anniversary of President John F. Kennedy's assassination. This month Olney Central College will host a free two-day conference, which will bring together nationally-known academics, scholars and authors to lend their perspectives on the events leading up to and following that fateful day in Dallas.

Nearly five decades after Kennedy's death, questions and speculation continue to surround the assassination. OCC instructor and conference organizer David Denton said the event — Changing the Historical Reality of November 22, 1963 — will explore the idea that the version of history put forth by the Warren Commission is untenable.

Denton said the conference speakers will present factual evidence, which questions the Warren Commission's conclusions and offers a different historical reality that takes into account the forces, which were aligned against Kennedy. The presenters also will explore the potential means, motive, opportunity and connections, as well as who benefited the most from the president's death.

The conference will be held from noon to 9 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 25 and from 10 a.m. to 7:20 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 26 in the Dr. John D. Stull Performing Arts Center. Both evenings will conclude with a reception, which will give participants the opportunity to interact with the speakers.

"The conference is open to the public and we encourage anyone who is interested in that period of our history to attend," Denton said. "We will talk about the basic evidence, facts and witnesses in the case as well as the controversial elements such as the Secret Service protection, the autopsy of the president and the motives and means of opportunity of people who may have been involved."

Although the Warren Commission concluded in its 1964 report Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in killing Kennedy, Denton said the vast majority of Americans have always believed otherwise and the weight of the evidence confirms their doubts.

Denton, who also is a conference speaker, will discuss the Secret Service as well as the CIA. Other presenters include Douglas P. Horne, Edgar F. Tatro, Phillip F. Nelson, Dennis David, Rick Russo, James Wagenvoord and Judyth Vary Baker.

Horne served on the staff of the Assassination Records Review Board (ARRB) from August 1995 to September 1998. His most important work on the ARRB staff was the assistance he provided to the General Counsel in conducting all 10 sworn depositions of key personnel who conducted, or witnessed, President Kennedy's military autopsy at Bethesda Naval Hospital on Nov. 22, 1963. In 2009, he published the five-volume encyclopedic work Inside the Assassination Records Review Board: The U.S. Government's Final Attempt to Reconcile the Conflicting Medical Evidence in the Assassination of JFK — a frank and extremely detailed discussion of the evidence of the U.S. government's cover-up in 1963 and 1964 of the medical evidence surrounding JFK's assassination.

Tatro is a long-time educator, who has taught college and adult education courses for 30 years, specializing in the JFK assassination. He is the author of many research articles pertaining to the assassination conspiracy. His work has been acknowledged or footnoted in many JFK assassination books. Tatro served as a minor consultant to Oliver Stone's film, "JFK," and is acknowledged in JFK: The Book of the Film by Oliver Stone and Zachary Sklar.

Tatro is the original editor of Texas in the Morning, the memoirs of LBJ's mistress, Madeleine Duncan Brown, and editor of the Bugliosi Chapter in Biting the Elephant by Dr. Rodger Remington. He contributed research to Sen. Sam Ervin's Watergate investigative committee and the House Select Committee on Assassinations.

He was a consultant to Nigel Turner's "The Truth Shall Set You Free" and "The Smoking Guns," parts six and seven of The Men Who Killed Kennedy series. He was a primary recruiter and participant in Turner's "The Guilty Men," part nine of the same series.

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by msfreeh »

see link for full story

http://www.vice.com/read/is-the-mormon- ... -fbi-front" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is the Russian Mormon Church an FBI Front?

By Simon Childs

The Young Guard is the youth wing of President Vladimir Putin’s ruling United Russia Party. They've tended to exist as a less intense, less Hitler Youth-like version of Nashi, a similar Kremlin-backed, pro-Putin youth movement that intimidates people who oppose Putin’s policies, go to rallies dressed as Star Wars storm troopers to distract from anti-government protesters, and, allegedly, beat up critical journalists to within an inch of their lives.

Since part of the Young Guard’s role is to prepare young people to discharge their civic duties as stooges of the Putinist junta, they need to maintain an air of respectability. Not that this has stopped them propagating Putin’s cult of personality by making a video reenacting his most famous publicity stunts with sexy young women in the role of Vlad.

However, being respectable isn’t the same as being sane. Responding to Putin’s recent statement on the need to “confront totalitarian sects” operating in Russia, instead of looking in a mirror and repeatedly slapping themselves, the Young Guard turned up to Mormon meeting houses last week in Moscow, St. Petersburg, and other cities and picketed them, accusing Mormons of being “foreign agents” paid by the USA to brainwash young Russians. They also claimed that many young Mormon missionaries return to America to become members of the FBI and CIA.

When I heard that a group of brainwashed idiots were picking on another group of brainwashed idiots, I felt confused and sad at how stupid the whole world is. So I decided to talk to Elena Nechiporova, the Russian press contact for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

The Young Guard presented the Mormon missionaries with a "one way plane ticket back to Washington," complete with CIA logo.

VICE: Hi Elena, how are you?
Elena Nechiporova: I’m doing great, thanks.

Great. So you’re not lying in a pool of your own blood after the Young Guard brutalized you, or anything?
No. They just picketed our meeting houses, but nothing was happening there on that day anyway. The picket was peaceful.

I see. Why do you think they are targeting the Mormons?
That question should be addressed to the Young Guard. We've never had contact with them before this. I don't think they know anything about who we are or what we believe. We're happy to start a dialog with them, though. We have a lot of smart and worthy young people in the church who are the same age as Young Guard members. They'd have a lot of things in common to discuss.

Do you expect it to continue?
I don’t know. Hopefully the situation will be stabilized through increased understanding of our church.

How has it affected your community?
It was sad. At the same time, the situation united our community even more. We keep these young people in our prayers.

To be honest, I didn’t even know there were any Mormons in Russia. Can you tell me a bit of the history?
The first baptism was in St. Petersburg in 1895, performed by Elder August Joel Hoglund, a native of Sweden. We couldn’t grow under the Soviet government, but the church was officially recognized by the Russian government in 1991.

How big is the Mormon church in Russia now?
In 1991, there were 750 members. Now, there are 22,000 members in more than 120 congregations across the country.

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by msfreeh »

October 21, 2013

Wis. deputy resigns amid sex allegations
District Attorney Ismael Ozanne has not yet made a decision on whether to file a criminal charge against him

inShare1

see link for full story
http://www.policeone.com/officer-miscon ... legations/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Your phone call helps to tell the DA to prosecute
District Attorney's Office - Government of Dane County, Wisconsin
http://www.countyofdane.com/da/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;‎
The Dane County District Attorney's Office website provides general information to the public about the role of this office in the
215 S Hamilton St #3000 Madison, WI 53703
(608) 266-4211

DANE COUNTY, Wis. — A Dane County Sheriff's deputy who was accused in June of having a sexual relationship with a woman in a jail diversion program has resigned, but District Attorney Ismael Ozanne has not yet made a decision on whether to file a criminal charge against him.

Jeffrey C. Hilgers, 41, resigned as a deputy on Aug. 14, said Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Elise Schaffer.

Hilgers was placed on paid leave May 30, the day after the sheriff's office learned that the 42-year-old woman, who was in the Pathfinders drug and alcohol treatment program and on electronic monitoring, told a counselor and her probation agent about the relationship.

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by msfreeh »

October 23, 2013 by Common Dreams
Pepsi, Nestle, Coca Cola Revealed as Big Money Behind GMO Labeling Fight
In Washington state battle, pro-GMO lobbyists forced to expose illegally hidden donors

http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2013/10/23-4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by msfreeh »

2 southern Illinois jails allowing e-cigarettes

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/illi ... 9c696.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by msfreeh »

From 1989-2002 we held 13 conferences looking at crimes committed by FBI agents. In the spring of 2001 we had our last conference at Bates College after holding the conference there for 10 years.We had a honor roll list of speakers that year that will probably never be matched. We brought former LAPD narcotics detective Mike Ruppert to speak about the CIA working with local police to distribute heroin and cocaine into our communities including Denver. Later that year after 911 Ruppert went on to make a documentary that is one of my favorites about 911 . see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQR2z4YCzDw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; In 2009 a documentary about Mike Ruppert was made called COLLAPSE that film critic Roger Ebert put on his top 10 list of documentaries. see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdO2Xh51Q-U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Other speakers on the dais in 2001 included attorney John DeCamp who was elected
to the Nebraska State Senate as a Republican while a soldier in Viet Nam. His book THE FRANKLIN COVERUP details a national pedophile ring that tortured,sexually abused and murdered little children . The ring went all the way to the White House. FBI agents were involved with the pedophile ring. DeCamp was probably responsible for getting his friend William Colby murdered. Colby mentored DeCamp in Viet Nam and would later head up the CIA. DeCamp sought Colby out for his advice about all the people getting murdered in his investigation. see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWW25Mbs928" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Daryl Cherney see http://www.judibari.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; shared the dais as well as attorney John Clarke whom I would urge you to visit his website. If there was ever a smoking gun linking Bill and Hillary Clinton to the murder of their friend and counselor Vince Foster Clarke has it on his website. see http://www.fbicover-up.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; There were other speakers
that weekend but you have more important things to do. In passing we never held our conference at Bates College after the spring of 2001.
The next year, after the 911 attack, FBI supervisor Tom Carey quit his job at the FBI investigating the 911 Anthrax Attack to run the campus police at Bates College. see this 2004 issue of the Bates Magazine about Tom Carey http://www.bates.edu/magazine/back-issu ... ad-angles/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In other news

Inconsistencies Haunt Official Record Of Kennedy's Death

by Marcus D. Rosenbaum
November 10, 2013 5:10 AM
http://www.npr.org/2013/11/10/243981006 ... =17&f=1001" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by msfreeh »

THE WORST OF THE WORST- COPS WHO RAPE CHILDREN and BABIES...

http://www.policeprostitutionandpolitic ... &Itemid=50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by msfreeh »

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Fede ... 995916.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by msfreeh »

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/11/ ... chantilly/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by msfreeh »

see link for full story
http://bobmccarty.com/2013/01/30/brothe ... t-program/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brother of Murder Victim Seeks Details of FBI’s ‘Sensitive Informant Program’
Posted on January 30, 2013 by BobMcCarty

Salt Lake City attorney Jesse Trentadue filed a motion Monday asking a federal judge to determine whether he is entitled to limited discovery into the FBI’s “Sensitive Informant Program.”
Trentadue Motion for Discovery 1-28-13

Click to download copy of motion (pdf).

In his motion, Trentadue described the program as one used by the bureau “to recruit and/or place informants on the staffs of members of the United States Congress and perhaps even federal judges, in the national media, within other federal agencies as well as the White House, on defense teams in high-profile federal and/or state criminal prosecutions, inside state and local law enforcement agencies, and even among the clergy of organized religions.”

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by msfreeh »

as always I try to turn everyone into smart criminal justice consumers.
my buddy Ed just sent this to me...
Let me start by raising more questions than I am able to answer.
see link to open these parcels of information
https://www.eff.org/nsa-spying/nsadocs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NSA Spying

NSA Primary Sources
Search Terms
Filter by Media Outlet
sort ascending
Datesort ascending Document Media Outlet
11/23/2013 SIGINT Strategy 2012 NY Times
11/20/2013 Collection, Processing and Dissemination of Allied Communications Guardian
11/19/2013 NSA Course Materials Module 1 v.17 US Government
11/19/2013 Verification Slide US Government
11/19/2013 NSA Course Materials Module 2 v.16 US Government
11/19/2013 NSA Summary of Requirements for Collection of Bulk Metadata US Government
11/19/2013 NSA Course Materials Module 3 v.22 US Government
11/19/2013 NSA Metadata Collection Training Slides US Government
11/19/2013 NSA Course Materials Module 4 v.28 US Government
11/19/2013 Interim Competency Test for Access to FISA Data US Government
11/19/2013 NSA Course Materials Module 5 v.24 US Government
11/19/2013 Office of General Council Business Record Analyst Training Slides US Government
11/19/2013 NSA Course Materials Module 6 Analytic Personal v.18 US Government
11/19/2013 NSA Cryptological School Course Slides on Legal, Compliance, and Minimization Procedures US Government
11/19/2013 NSA Course Materials Module 6 Tech Personnel v.25 US Government
11/19/2013 NSA Guidance Memo on Legal Standards for Searching Bulk Metadata US Government
11/19/2013 United States Signals Intelligence Directive 18 Jan 25 2011 US Government
11/19/2013 AG Guidelines for Domestic FBI Operations US Government
11/19/2013 United States Signals Intelligence Directive 18 Appendix J US Government
11/19/2013 NSA Core Intelligence Oversight Training US Government
11/19/2013 NSA Course Materials Intro v.13 US Government
11/4/2013 WINDSTOP Collection 30 day period December 2012 - January 2013 Washington Post
11/4/2013 Special Source Operations (SSO) Collection Optimization "Midpoint" Slides - Google and Yahoo! exploitations Washington Post
11/4/2013 Special Source Operations (SSO) Intercept Program Slides -- cable programs, details of MUSCULAR Washington Post
11/3/2013 Collection Accesses 30 Nov 2009 NY Times
11/3/2013 NSA SIGINT Mission Strategic Plan 2008-2013 NY Times
11/3/2013 NSA SIGINT January 2007 Strategic Mission List NY Times
11/1/2013 Corporate FAA Reporting Metrics Guardian
10/30/2013 Slides on MUSCULAR program possibly from February 28, 2013 Washington Post
10/30/2013 MUSCULAR slide "Current Efforts on Google" Washington Post
10/28/2013 Graphic showing phone calls intercepted in Spain December 2012 El Mundo
10/27/2013 NSA SCS Slides on embassy spying (slides 3-6) Der Spiegel
10/25/2013 Close Access Sigads September 10, 2010 (listing French Embassy) Le Monde
10/25/2013 Cable regarding cyber attacks on French Presidential Network April 12, 2013 Le Monde
10/24/2013 NSA memo to Signals Intelligence Division (SID) staff October 27, 2006 regarding monitoring of phones of world leaders Guardian
10/22/2013 Prism April 2013 Le Monde
10/21/2013 NSA PRISM slide undated - alcatel / wanadoo Le Monde
10/21/2013 Boundless Informant France Le Monde
10/20/2013 NSA Cable dated November 10, 2010 discussing hacking of Mexican President's email Der Spiegel
10/14/2013 NSA Special Source Organization (SSO) Slides on Content Optimization - Address Books (SCISSORS) Washington Post
10/14/2013 NSA Special Source Organization (SSO) slides on Content Acquisition Optimization Washington Post
10/14/2013 Intellipedia entry - Special Source Organization (SSO) Collection Optimization Overview Washington Post
10/6/2013 Presentation on Brazilian Ministry of Mines and Energy O Globo Fantastico
10/4/2013 NSA Cryptanalysis and Exploitation Services Report on TOR 2006 Washington Post
10/4/2013 GCHQ Mullenize Washington Post
10/4/2013 Tor Stinks Presentation June 2012 Guardian
10/4/2013 Peeling Back the Layers of Tor with Egotistical Giraffe January 8, 2007 Guardian
10/4/2013 Types of IAT (how Tor works) Guardian
10/4/2013 NSA Notes from talk on Tor by Roger Dingledine November 2007 Washington Post
9/28/2013 NSA memo from January 3, 2011 on contact chaining NY Times
9/28/2013 Slide on contact chaining (SYANPSE) NY Times
9/20/2013 GCHQ Slides on Belgacom Der Spiegel
9/16/2013 NSA Network Analysis Center 2010 SIGDEV Conference on credit card authorization network mapping Der Spiegel
9/9/2013 NSA slides on smartphones Der Spiegel
9/8/2013 Stormbrew TV O Globo Fantastico
9/8/2013 NSA slides on Petrobras and private networks O Globo Fantastico
9/5/2013 Project Bullrun Description June 16, 2010 Guardian
9/5/2013 NSA Classification Guide for Cryptanalysis from September 13, 2005 Guardian
9/5/2013 NSA SIGINT Enabling Project Description - engaging companies to covertly leverage product designs (no date) Guardian
9/3/2013 SATC slides Mexico and Brazil Case Studies O Globo Fantastico
9/1/2013 NSA document dated June 2010 (not released) discussing targeting of French Foreign Ministry Der Spiegel
8/31/2013 NSA document dated March 23, 2006 (not released) showing that Al Jazeera was surveilled Der Spiegel
8/30/2013 FY 2013 Congressional Budget Summary February 2012 National Intelligence Program Summary ("black budget") Washington Post
8/16/2013 NSA Signals Intelligence Division (SID) Oversight & Compliance Report May 31, 2012 discussing privacy violations for the preceding year Washington Post
8/16/2013 NSA Special Source Organization (SSO) news article from October 12, 2011 discussing FISC ruling holding NSA surveillance unconstitutional Washington Post
8/16/2013 NSA Targeting Analyst Rationale slides (undated) Washington Post
8/16/2013 "So You Got a US Person?" training slide November 8, 2011 Washington Post
8/9/2013 NSA Special Source Organization (SSO) glossary on Section 702 Guardian
7/31/2013 NSA Xkeyscore Training Slides Feb 25, 2008 Guardian
7/10/2013 PRISM slides Washington Post
6/29/2013 PRISM slides Washington Post
6/27/2013 NSA OIG Working Draft Report from March 24, 2009 on Stellar Wind (PSP) Guardian
6/27/2013 DOJ Memo from November 20, 2007 Proposing Amendment to DOD procedures to allow NSA to do contact chaining of metadata related to US Persons Guardian
6/20/2013 Minimization Procedures used by NSA in Connection with Data Acquisitions Pursuant to 702 FISC July 29, 2009 Guardian
6/20/2013 Procedures Used by NSA for Targeting Non-US Persons Reasonably Believed to Be Outside the US to Acquire Foreign Intelligence Pursuant to 702 FISC July 29, 2009 Guardian
6/8/2013 PRISM/Upstream explanation slides Guardian
6/8/2013 Boundless Informant Introduction Slides July 13, 2012 Guardian
6/8/2013 Boundless Informant Explanation/FAQ Slides September 6, 2012 Guardian
6/6/2013 PRISM slides Washington Post
6/5/2013 Verizon 215 Secondary Order April 25, 2013 Guardian
Subscribe to NSA Primary Sources
Donate to EFF
Stay in Touch
NSA Spying

[NSA Spying] eff.org/nsa-spying

EFF is leading the fight against the NSA's illegal mass surveillance program. Learn more about what the program is, how it works, and what you can do.
Follow EFF

Our friends at @ACLU_NorCal filed a shareholder proposal with AT&T & Verizon demanding data sharing transparency https://eff.org/r.1znq" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nov 25 @ 3:52pm

60 professors, including many of the foremost patent law experts, tell Congress that reform is needed now: https://eff.org/r.6ri9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nov 25 @ 11:40am

How NSA mass surveillance is hurting the US economy: https://eff.org/r.bg2c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by msfreeh »

Dumbest cops in America video themselves laughing at and tasing mentally-ill, handcuffed man

Rob Beschizza at 12:55 pm Tue, Nov 26, 2013

http://boingboing.net/2013/11/26/dumbes ... video.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;