FBI WATCH 114 days left to shut down the FBI

Discuss political news items / current events.
msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: FBI WATCH 114 days left to shut down the FBI

Postby msfreeh » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:01 pm

couple of reads

http://www.abc2news.com/news/crime-chec ... urnie-park" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FBI investigating fatal dog shooting in Glen Burnie park

5:54 PM, Dec 26, 2014

Why is the FBI involved in a investigation into the shooting death of a Great Dane in Glen Burnie

GLEN BURNIE, Md. - An FBI agent shot and killed a dog in a park in Glen Burnie Friday morning after, a spokeswoman from the bureau said, the dog broke free from its owner and attacked the agent’s dog. (See statement below.)

Carol Feldhaus still had blood on her hands when Anne Arundel County police began setting up crime scene caution tape across a footbridge near Hopkfins Corner in a Glen Burnie park.

Feldhaus was in town visiting her daughter for the holidays. She said she was walking her daughter’s 5-year-old great Dane, named Fynn, alongside her 4-year-old grandson Friday morning.

Feldhaus, who was on the bridge at the same time as the man who she says shot the dog, yelled to the man to wait until she and her grandson crossed.

“I turned around this guy just kept coming and Fynn the great Dane jerked and pulled me down,” Feldhaus said.

Feldhaus was pulled off her feet by the powerful dog, she said.

“I heard the dogs barking at each other and growl,” Feldhaus continued. “Next thing I heard was bam-bam! And I'm half way up and the dog just walks to me and drops and there's blood everywhere. I was in shock and I said ‘you shot the dog?’ And he said he was an undercover cop and he was protecting his dog.”

Amy Thoreson, a spokeswoman for the FBI, sent the following statement:

There was an FBI Agent involved in an incident in Glen Burnie this morning. Initial information is that an approximately 180 pound dog broke free from the woman walking it along a footpath near Hopkins Corner and attacked a much smaller dog. An Agent shot and killed the larger dog. No one else was hurt. We are working jointly with Anne Arundel County PD, as well as the Inspection Division from FBI Headquarters to investigate. This is an ongoing matter, and will have more information as soon as we gather more details.

Feldhaus admitted that the great Dane did some damage to the dog. Feldhaus said she understood why another dog owner would want to protect their own dog but questions his use of a gun in that situation.

“Pulling a gun and shooting another dog in a park -- what is wrong with this man?” she said.

Amanda Ericson, the dog’s owner, described Fynn as a gentle giant and said he has never attacked another dog before. Ericson added that she grew up with big dogs and has separated two dogs fighting without resorting to violence. She said she believed that Fynn could've been acting protective of her 4-year-old son.

“Kick dogs or pull them apart but to shoot them right in front of my mother,” she began.

Feldhaus added, “’If I had a gun I would have shot the man’", that's what my grandson is saying and that's not what I want. Not at all.”F

Ericson continued, “my mom and my son need therapy. My mom feels like she was almost shot. My son saw my dog get shot while my mother was laying on the ground.”

Feldhaus said she would never forget this Christmas.

Dog Killing FBI Agent Gets a “Slap on the Wrist” VIDEO - For the ...
fortheloveofthedogblog.com/.../dog-killing-fbi-agent-gets-a-slap-on-the-wr...
Jul 12, 2009 - Lovett Leslie Ledger indicted for shooting dead of neighbor's dog ... Judge Matt Johnson in 54th District Court sentenced Ledger to two years ...
Waco FBI Agent Sentenced In Dog Shooting - KWTX.com
http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/50223272.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oct 30, 2009 - WACO (July 8, 2009)--Waco FBI Agent Lovett Leslie Ledger, Jr., who pleaded no contest last April to animal cruelty charges, was sentenced ...
FBI Confirms Waco Agent Who Shot Dog Is No Longer With The ...
http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/67749607.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oct 30, 2009 - WACO (October 30, 2009)—Waco FBI agent Lovett Leslie Ledger, Jr., who was sentenced to two years deferred adjudication probation and ...
lovett leslie ledger | ohmidog!
http://www.ohmidog.com/tag/lovett-leslie-ledger/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Apr 29, 2009 - An FBI agent was sentenced yesterday to two years' probation and 300 ... A state district judge in Waco placed Lovett Leslie Ledger Jr. on ...
fbi | ohmidog!
http://www.ohmidog.com/tag/fbi/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dogs in the employ of the military and FBI have sniffed out bombs, captured enemies, and ... Ledger was sentenced to deferred probation for two years and ordered to ... A state district judge in Waco placed Lovett Leslie Ledger Jr. on “ deferred ...
KBTX News on Twitter: "Waco FBI Agent Sentenced in Dog Shooting ...
https://twitter.com/kbtxnews/status/2534871221" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jul 8, 2009 - Waco FBI Agent Sentenced in Dog Shooting: WACO (July 8, 2009)--Wacol FBI Agent Lovett Leslie Ledger, Jr., who pl.. http://tinyurl.com/ngguue" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
FBI Agent Lovett Leslie Ledger, Jr. - GUILTY! [Archive ...
http://www.centextalk.com/vb/archive/in ... -1441.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Apr 27, 2009 - 61 posts - ‎17 authors
FBI Agent Lovett Leslie Ledger, JR. ... The admitted actions of this FBI agent are despicable. I wonder if he will ... Sentencing is set for June 23.
Texas FBI agent sentenced for killing neighbor's dog - KENS5.com
http://www.kens5.com/story/news/local/2 ... /10439893/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oct 27, 2009 - On Wednesday, a state district judge in Waco placed Lovett Leslie Ledger Jr. on deferred adjudication probation. That means no conviction will ...
FBI agent gets deferred probation, community service for shooting dog
http://www.democraticunderground.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; › Discuss
Jul 9, 2009 - 6 posts - ‎4 authors
Lovett Leslie Ledger, 40, was sentenced Wednesday by 54th State District Judge Matt Johnson to two years' deferred probation and 300 hours ...

Sponsored Links

Advertisements

Medical Cost Sharing - It's not insurance it's better!

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:53 pm

see link for full monty

http://humanevents.com/2014/12/28/feldm ... cop-worse/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FELDMAN & PRATT: PLAN TO MERGE ATF WITH FBI MAKES A BAD COP WORSE
Feldman & Pratt: Plan to merge ATF with FBI makes a bad cop worse

12/28/2014 04:45 PM

Gun rights leaders told Guns & Patriots that merging ATF into FBI would provide a means for ATF to hide the kind of rogue activity that has plagued the agency for decades.

“I can’t think of anything more dangerous against gun rights than merging the ATF with the FBI,” said Richard J. Feldman, president of New Hampshire-based Independent Firearm Owners Association. “I would much rather have a stand-alone agency because it is much easier to criticize the ATF for misconduct, than to criticize the FBI.”

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, led by Director B. Todd Jones, which regulates the licensing, sale, possession, and interstate transportation of firearms, ammunition and explosives; and investigates arson crimes and illegal trafficking of alcohol and tobacco products, became a distinct law enforcement group in 1972.

The ATF Elimination Act, which was introduced by Rep. F. James “Jim” Sensenbrenner Jr., (R-Wis.) is a 17-page discussion draft that, if enacted, would abolish ATF and transfer functions relating to federal firearms, explosives, and arson laws, as well as violent crime and domestic terrorism to the Federal Bureau of Investigation; and functions relating to the federal alcohol and tobacco smuggling laws would be transferred to the Drug Enforcement Administration.

For the purpose of winding up the affairs of ATF, the act implements a transfer plan between ATF, DEA and FBI that shall be completed within one year. “This is not a new idea,” said Feldman. “I initially supported it but walked away – it was also rejected by Congress.” It was rejected because members realized that federal regulatory action requires strict congressional oversight, he said. “Congress has a history of not challenging the FBI.”

In a September press release, the Wisconsin Republican said, “The ATF is a largely duplicative, scandal ridden agency that lacks a clear mission. It is plagued by backlogs, funding gaps, hiring challenges and a lack of leadership. For decades it has been branded by high profile failures. There is also significant overlap with other agencies.”

While minimizing duplicative efforts is a good idea, Feldman said what is needed is better leadership at ATF together with a direct line of communication with the office. “As a former top lobbyist for the National Rifle Association, when I dealt with ATF, I dealt with one-short of the deputy of the director of the agency. “

The act would set up an additional and unnecessary bureaucracy that would be out of touch with the American people, he said. “They would have awesome cover for misconduct and it would be harder not easier to hold them accountable.”

Larry Pratt, executive director of Gun Owners of America, said GOA members oppose the proposed law today and have opposed it in the past. “We have been there and done that before.”

ATF, which has 4,770 employees and, in 2012, an annual budget of $1.15 billion, ought to be eliminated completely not merged into a larger – more difficult to handle – federal agency, he said. “Despite its many misdeeds, the FBI still has a better reputation than ATF, and because ATF is relatively smaller, it makes it easier to handle.”

Feldman, who is the author of “Ricochet: Confessions of a gun lobbyist” and a former staffer in the Reagan White House, said without broad, vocal opposition, he suspects the measure would have enough votes to pass. “It is a position the gun community has to make. If the gun community says we do not want you merging ATF into FBI, Republicans are not going to vote for it.”

If enacted, the organization will still be run by the same people, in the same building ATF is in now, except add another level of government regulation to overcome, he said. “You would not be criticizing the firearm officer, you would be criticizing the FBI position on how to regulate firearms – it would be much more difficult.”

As a regulatory and law enforcement agency, the FBI would be in charge of regulating such an important amendment for freedom – the Second Amendment, he said. “What does that say about the future of our nation?” Under the FBI, enforcement would be more efficient, said Feldman. “Yet this is one of those cases where a little inefficiency in the interest of the civil liberties of the American people is more important.” For example, he said executing a suspect on-the-spot would be very efficient, but it would not do much to protect people’s rights.

“Inefficiency is sometimes there to protect civil liberties, not destroy them,” he said. “When it comes to my firearm civil liberty

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:26 am

http://boingboing.net/2014/12/31/fbi-ca ... meric.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In theory, the FBi needs to get the FISA court to sign off on requests for secret warrants to spy on Americans -- in practice, it almost always rubberstamps those requests. But on the rare occasions when the FISA court says no, the FBI just gets a National Security Letter (AKA "the other secret warrant") and gets spying.

We considered the Section 215 request for [REDACTED] discussed earlier in this report at pages 33 to 34 to be a noteworthy item. In this case, the FISA Court had twice declined to approve a Section 215 application based on First Amendment Concerns. However, the FBI subsequently issued NSLs for information [REDACTED] even though the statute authorizing the NSLs contained the same First Amendment restriction as Section 215 and the ECs authorizing the NSLs relied on the same facts contained in the Section 215 applicants...

When The FISA Court Rejects A Surveillance Request

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:35 pm

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2015/01/0 ... surd-in-US" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Expecting private communication in US seems absurd: Analyst
HomeUSInterviews 1/1/2015 6:17:59 PM
The US government’s spying on its citizens has progressed so far that the expectation of having private “electronic communication” in the country seems just “absurd”, says Don DeBar, an activist and radio host from New York.

Speaking to Press TV in a phone interview on Thursday, DeBar said, “The United States government treats its population either like a herd to be just managed from time to time and its information completely under scrutiny, or an enemy that has to be surveilled. Quite possibly it’s both.”

The Federal Bureau of Intelligence (FBI) recently made unannounced changes to their policies about spy planes being used to collect Americans’ cell phone data.

The program, which was revealed late last month, has been active since 2007, and sees Boeing-made “dirtbox” planes flying over major US population centers, pretending to be cell phone towers.

“The idea that people have electronic communications in this country that are private is so far from reality that it almost seems like an absurd idea to even have the expectation of privacy at this point,” DeBar noted.

“It tells an awful lot about the nature of the society, that when you look at the fact that this is an extremely stratified society with a very small powerful and distant elite in terms of its material condition as opposed to the rest of us, that information forwarded to that small set of people is nothing but an instrument of domination and is something that is going to have to be addressed if the society is going to change,” the activist concluded.

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:14 am

http://news.antiwar.com/2015/01/04/sony ... rity-laws/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sony Hack a Prime Excuse for New US Cybersecurity Laws
Blaming North Korea Has Made Hacking Hot Topic
by Jason Ditz, January 04, 2015

Congress has been reluctant to pass the various draconian cybersecurity laws pushed by the administration in recent years, but that may be changing because of the high-profile Sony Pictures hack.

With the FBI ‘successfully’ pinning it on North Korea, at least so far as everyone on Capital Hill is concerned, there is a great deal of pressure for Congress to “do something,” and little interest in the evidence that North Korea had nothing to do with it.

“Do something” in this case means pushes for a full-fledged “cyberwar” against North Korea, a nation with hardly any Internet access to begin with, and an eye toward empowering the Obama Administration to engage in this war on a global level, with long sought-after powers to shutter websites on “national security” grounds.

And more importantly, information sharing. Most cybersecurity bills push for private companies to deliver American customers’ information to government agencies, again nominally for national security. Such proposals had previously produced a backlash, but the furor around Sony Pictures is likely to press Congress to rush such a move through

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:36 pm

see link for full story

http://www.globalresearch.ca/a-history- ... 11/5423048" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A History of America’s War on Whistleblowers and Journalists Since 9/11

By Joachim Hagopian
Global Research, January 06, 2015

The Last Whistleblowers
With 2014 fresh in our rear view mirror, an honest examination of events and developments of what’s been happening in America to whistleblowers and journalists since 9/11 under the Bush-Obama regime seems a worthwhile review, however disturbing ands foreboding. By definition a whistleblower is an individual who reports an employer’s misconduct. The Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989 (WPA) is a law that protects federal government employees in the United States from retaliatory action for voluntarily disclosing information about dishonest or illegal activities occurring within a government organization. Yet despite these supposed legal protections in place, those who have gone public disclosing illicit and immoral behavior by the federal government have been consistently singled out for discrimination and excessive punishment.

In fact, more American citizens have been indicted for allegedly violating the Espionage Act of 1917 under the current president than all other previous presidents combined. Though the law was designed to punish WWI German spies, and rarely used since for indicting those selling secrets to the enemy or efforts to undermine the American way of life, it is completely obsolete. Yet it is being misused by Obama for purely political purposes to shut down the truth. The Obama administration has also turned down more Freedom of Information Act requests than any other prior presidency with each year the denial rate rising. 2013 was 57% more than the year before, with over half the total requests rejected. Of course Obama’s mantra excuse is always using the “national security” card. He has also jailed more whistleblowers and journalists than any other president. By his over the top, punitive methods, Obama has declared war on the first amendment right to a free press in America, threatening, harassing, indicting and imprisoning those brave enough to speak the truth, accusing them of treason when the president through his administration has repeatedly violated the very Constitution that he has sworn to protect and uphold as the so called leader of the free world. His malevolent attack on free speech is even more incriminating and inexcusable as a Harvard educated lawyer who once taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago.

With their war policies both domestic and abroad one and the same, Obama has carried the totalitarian torch handed him by the Bush-Cheney administration making the United States the world’s worst human rights violator. But then they’re all cast from the same psychopathic mold as mere public front men simply following orders from their oligarch puppet masters who own and control them along with virtually everything else on this planet.

The man who after the Bush nightmare exploited Americans’ desperate need for hope and change campaigned on false promises that his administration would be far more open and transparent than his war criminal predecessor, pledging to be the most open and honest in US history. Instead Obama has only proven to be the most guarded, vindictive and secretive president in US history. With three quarters of Obama’s two term reign of terror completed, let’s look at the lives of a handful of Americans who have bravely spoken out since 9/11, some known and some lesser known. At great danger to themselves these individuals have exercised their legal rights under the Whistleblower Act and/or First Amendment and paid dearly for only doing the right thing. Their courage to expose government waste, corruption, fraud and its diabolical wrongdoing has been met with blatant retribution and extreme punishment that has systematically resulted in their unlawful firing, false imprisonment, character and career assassination and indeed even their political assassination and murder, all for standing up to injustice and wrongdoing for the greater good of Americans and humanity. These brave and honest individuals working in our government and in journalism should be heralded as our national heroes for their bold truth speaking, not silenced, harmed and/or destroyed by our own criminally treasonous rogue government.

The two biggest whistleblowers deservedly receiving the most national and international attention during the last couple years are ex-NSA analyst Edward Snowden, currently a fugitive forced on the run hiding out in Russia, and ex-US Army private Bradley now Chelsea Manning, currently serving three and a half decades of hard time in federal prison. In June 2013 Snowden released documents proving the government leaders to be liars – from Obama’s national security advisor and known perjurer James Clapper to now former National Security Agency (NSA) Director General Alexander (in clear violation of both his sworn oath upholding both the Constitution and his onetime West Point honor code).

Through the Snowden revelations Americans and in fact the entire world have come to realize the US government has been routinely conducting invasive, unlawful surveillance on every single aspect of our not so private lives, brazenly and blatantly violating Fourth Amendment search and seizure laws for decades now. Mr. Snowden pointed out what many of us already suspected, that Big Brother is watching our every move, or minimally has free unlimited access. Despite the reactive government and its controlled Mainstream Media propaganda machine claiming the NSA whistleblower is a traitor as the eighth American charged with violating the Espionage Act who weakened national security and placed Americans in danger, then not delivering a shred of forthcoming evidence, public opinion has neither been swayed nor convinced that he’s the villain. Even the New York Times has followed suit with the majority of Americans beginning 2014 with a favorable New Year op-ed article upgrading its view of Edward Snowden:

When someone reveals that government officials have routinely and deliberately broken

the law, that person should not face life in prison at the hands of the same government…

Considering the enormous value of the information he has revealed, and the abuses he has

exposed, Mr. Snowden deserves better than a life of permanent exile, fear and flight.

Of course Private Manning working as an intelligence specialist in Iraq saw numerous atrocities and crimes against humanity the US Empire was perpetrating in our name in both Iraq and Afghanistan. In good conscience in 2010 he leaked thousands of classified documents to WikiLeaksbelieving like Daniel Ellsberg four decades earlier that it might force the United States to end its war crimes, perhaps the wars themselves because the American people have the right to know what atrocities are being committed in their name. Rather than protection under the Whistleblower’s Act, like Snowden he too was slammed with treasonous charges and convicted of violating the Espionage Act with the same bogus worn out cries/lies that he also compromised national security and endangered fellow Americans. And also identical to the Snowden outcries, a Pentagon general who conducted a near yearlong investigation of the effects the leaks maintained that not one single death ever resulted from Manning’s releases.

There is something really grotesquely wrong and inverse from the way it naturally should be in America when a whistleblower performing acts of goodwill demonstrating moral conscience to save lives is maltreated with the treasonous tag of traitor and imprisoned for the next thirty five years. Rather than own responsibility for violating international laws and correcting the grave problem as any government operating with any moral compass would do, US government tyranny has it committing yet another grave injustice by in effect destroying the whistleblower’s life, confining Manning for what will likely be most of her remaining life. Private Manning should have won the Nobel Peace Prize for his moral courage and been lauded as a national hero and role model to be emulated in history books for generations to come, not cast away to rot for decades in a prison cell.

John Kiriakou was a CIA officer turned whistleblower who busted the Bush-Cheney-Obama torture practice wide open by contacting the New York Times and an ABC reporter. Though the systemic practice of enhanced interrogation torture that includes waterboarding was officially outlawed under Obama, in reality it only went further underground. That’s why Obama recently refused to prosecute the guilty members of the Bush-Cheney-Rumsfeld-Alberto Gonzalez regime including the CIA and Special Ops personnel who actively violated international and national laws. But the good man Kiriakou who called the bad men out was the one who was arrested in early 2012 simply for telling the truth while the government for years persisted in its lying game. That’s why Obama throwing the book at John threw him into the slammer where he still remains, not for passing any classified material or even violating the three counts of espionage he initially was charged with that were dropped for lack of evidence. He has been locked up purely for the political purpose to set an example for those honest and courageous enough to tell the nasty heinous truth about what America the rogue state has been propagating with impunity around the world. In his arrogant exceptionalism, Obama continues to operate above the law, defying the Whistleblower Act of 1989 he also promised to uphold. As another heroic patriot, John Kiriakou should be a free man and recognized as the hero he is.

Meanwhile, the US military-national government should be treated as the treasonous killing machine it is and severely punished for its rampant destruction and violation of both international and domestic laws. But unfortunately since 9/11, the oppressors within the militarized Empire apparatus doing the dirty oligarch bidding of the New World Order no longer comply with our nation’s rule of law and instead appear engaged in global depopulation through war, growing complicity of ethnic cleansing in Gaza, Ukraine, Iraq, Syria and Rwanda, widespread globalimpoverishment, bio-warfare and neurotoxin poisoning. The police state killing increasing numbers of innocent, unarmed, law abiding US citizens reflects the overt war on America itself. With events from Ferguson, New York City and throughout America really, the powers-that-be have long been waging successful divide and conquer campaigns, pitting class against class, religion against religion, race against race, region against region, ideology against ideology, police state against citizen.

Though the FBI fails to even acknowledge much less tally each year’s unjustifiable homicides committed by law enforcement agencies across the nation, only “justifiable” ones are counted. From 1992 through 2012 (2012 being the latest account though in 2014 an exponential spike has no doubt occurred), while violent crime in the US has steadily declined, the so called justifiable killings of Americans by police has significantly increased. Plus as law enforcement becomes more militarized with surplus military weapons and equipment from war zones being distributed in recent years to local police departments around the country, the weapon of choice that the militarized police state is currently using to kill US citizens has shifted from officer handguns to automatic rifles. It’s getting so one cannot tell the difference between the police and the military as they have emerged in both appearance and function to be one and the same. They both fight wars, domestic and foreign.

Everything happening here in the United States is simultaneously recurring throughout the Western world. It all is going as planned by that one tenth of one percent that holds virtually the entire planet’s wealth and power along with its seven billion population hostage. In the US the top 20% of American household incomes own over half the country’s wealth (53.5%) and incredibly the top 1% alone more than 40% of all US wealth. With the world’s richest nation’s form of government no longer a democratic republic but an actual oligarchy serving the interests of the privileged financial elite, draconian laws have sprung up on every continent criminalizing free speech and free press. Each passing year more journalists are being jailed or killed throughout the globe. The Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) just revealed that 60 journalists were killed in action in 2014 while Reporters Without Borders counted the number at 66. CPJ maintains that 220 were imprisoned last year. It’s becoming more dangerous all the time to report the truth.

The Orwellian nightmare of a militarized global security-surveillance-police state means new national security laws are rapidly proliferating all over the world. This last year alone has seen tyrannical parliamentary acts from Australia to Spain being enacted with greater frequency. Clearly the globalists control every war, manufacturing and demonizing enemies at propagandist will. Oligarchs in the form of the international banking cabal have taken over every national government, own and control every transnational corporation, and control every national economy due to increasing dependence on a non-sustainable, bankrupt global economic system dictated and controlled by the cabal. They own and control virtually all global food production, distribution and supply as well as virtually all sources of information through fewer and fewer media outlets, with the agenda to next abolish net neutrality and eliminate the internet as the only viable independent news source for any semblance of truth and accurate information still left available. As highly alarming as this appallingly dark and austere NWO reality fast descending over every corner of the globe appears, unfortunately the worst is yet to come. We citizens of the world must fight back first with the truth by learning and disseminating it, and then with our collective will through nonviolent civil disobedience.

The increasingly probable assassination of investigative journalist Michael Hastings on June 18th, 2013 involved a high speed car crash caused by an incredibly high heat explosion that occurred prior to ending up “leaning” next to a tree in an LA police photo that shows the new model Mercedes Benz with absolutely no frontal collision damage at all, only a badly burned area confined to the driver’s seat where Michael was burned alive. Neighborhood witnesses describe what they heard as an enormously loud explosion at 4:30 in the morning sounding like “a bomb going off.” The unburned engine was strangely found at a right angle from the car lying 150-180 feet away, consistent with a powerful explosive catapulting it so far a distance from the vehicle. Also consistent with an explosion, there were no skid marks at the accident scene.

Within just a few hours after Hastings’ death, LAPD was rushing to make an open and shut case, calling it a simple accident while emphatically claiming no foul play was involved barely even after any investigation had begun. That kind of knee jerk response smacks of cover-up. Also Michael’s body went straight from the coroner’s office to the local crematory without the family’s consent against their wishes. With his body quickly cremated, any possibility of discovering signs of foul play were instantly and conveniently destroyed, raising only more suspicion.

On the very same day just a few hours before his death, the outspoken reporter was in contact with WikiLeaks lawyer Jennifer Robinson, eager to turn over his latest expose piece on the criminality of US intelligence agencies. Also on that very same day, Michael asked a friend to borrow her car indicating he knew something was not right with his own new model vehicle. Additionally, Hastings was in a rare state of anxiety all day long as he was busily emailing and contacting friends to inform them that the FBI was in fact investigating him and that he may need to lay low for a while. Though the FBI denied that he was ever under investigation, the truth was the FBI lied as he was being investigated right after his most recent Rolling Stone article came out in July 2012 featuring the highly controversial case of the only POW from the Afghanistan War Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl. A 22-page secret FBI report was the result.

Even more striking was a post on WikiLeaks of an internal email from the covert CIA contractor company Stratfor’s Vice President Fred Burton stating, “[CIA Director] Brennan is behind the witch hunts of investigative journalists learning information from inside the beltway sources.”Then Michael Hastings’ wife Elise Jordan confirmed in a CNN interview that former CIA Director Petraeus’ successor John Brennan and his efforts to seal off all leaks to the press was the very hot topic of Hastings’ next exposé. The biggest articles of Hastings’ career in journalism were most unflattering reports about the most powerful military leaders in America – Generals Stanley McCrystal and David Petraeus for Rolling Stone.

In fact, shortly after the McCrystal article was published, the military intelligence commander of Special Operations in Afghanistan’s own career was destroyed when Obama fired McCrystal for trash talking his Commander-in-Chief. There’s evidence that Hastings’ life was threatened while writing that article should his account of McCrystal not be anything more than a fluff n’ puff piece. Several years earlier it was General McCrystal who was the primary player (along with his boss my former West Point roommate the then CentCom commander General John Abizaid) in covering up Pat Tillman’s suspicious death and probable murder since the famous pro football star turned patriotic Army Ranger was renouncing his role as a Bush-Cheney poster boy unwittingly being misused for recruitment for their illegal wars. Tillman was about to blow the lid off the US government’s international drug smuggling operation that had US soldiers guarding the opium fields in Afghanistan. The friendly fire that put three bullet holes in his forehead a la execution style obviously was anything but friendly. Nor was the autopsy doctor who balked for months from acquiescing to the official cover-up version.

Two years later another scathing Hastings article placed General Petraeus in a bad light uncovering the resounding failure of “King David’s War” (as Hastings named his Rolling Stone piece) in 2010 Afghanistan, exposing the general’s lies touting false progress over his second surge in as many wars after the inflated hype had crowned him the savior in Iraq. Hastings’ unfettered truth squarely embarrassed America’s most famous general with the rock star status and presidential ambitions to jump at the chance in 2011 of abandoning his own 37-year military career, his failed combat mission and lost cause war to become the next civilian in charge of the CIA. Hastings’ no-nonsense brand of truth telling journalism made powerful enemies and tragically he paid for it with his life.

Michael Hastings boldly pissed off the elite, exposing their lies in a nation run no different from the mafia, controlled by murdering thugs within a shadowy rogue government that made Hastings their “fair game” target. Silencing him by their brazen undercover method of remote hacking and exploding his automobile was the not-so-subtle message sent to all muckraking journalists who dare print the dirty lowdown truth about the fascist tyranny state since the 9/11 inside coup unleashing the forever war on terror. Even counterterrorism insider Richard Clarke copped the conclusion that it could well have been a hacking hit job. While a militarized police force operating freely with impunity in a security surveillance state is regularly killing off innocent unarmed Americans, a totalitarian federal government is resorting to assassination of its own targeted citizens deemed a threat to the state just to keep any would-be rabblerousers in line and/or neutralized by elimination.

Just two weeks prior to Hastings’ untimely demise, Obama had launched his aggressive assault on America’s free press with his shot across the bow confiscating phone records of Associated Press reporters, harassing a Fox journalist as well as internally hacking the computer belonging to former CBS reporter and investigative journalist Sharyl Attkisson. In her recent tell-all book Stonewalled, Attkisson chronicles Obama’s profound web of deceit and his aggressive, out for blood lust to destroy all truth tellers. Fresh on the heels of these events came Michael Hastings’ car blowing up. In today’s United States of America, an emboldened, in-our-face pattern of connecting the criminal dots has emerged. Those of us individuals courageous and daring enough to expose the dark ugly truth about what America the no longer free has chillingly degenerated into, are simply being taken out, exterminated by the totalitarian state that hypocritical US leaders like Obama have long accused of Russia and China.

Several months prior to Hastings death in February 2013, another controversial journalist-author and his family turned up suspiciously dead in northern California. Philip Marshall wrote the book published in 2012 called The Big Bamboozle: 9/11 and the War on Terror, dissecting the false flag 9/11 event that launched the Afghanistan and Iraq Wars. Speculation abounds over Marshall’s affiliation back in the Iran Contra days of the 1980’s when controversial CIA pilot Barry Seal was transporting cocaine for the government and later had his pilot license revoked. It was then that fellow pilot Philip Marshall was hired to transport Seal back and forth from Florida to Louisiana. After delving into covert government activities and writing about them for thirty years, Philip Marshall’s third book was an expose linking the Saudi government to the 9/11 inside Bush-Cheney job. The former United Airlines captain makes the case that a US military stand down order was in effect on the day the planes flew into the towers after Washington and Saudi Arabia had been in cahoots for that last 18 months to ensure that with CIA assistance the wire-cutting, Saudi foreign nationals were allowed free access in and out of the US while being trained to fly planes at various flight school locations around the country – in Florida, Arizona and California. Two credible sources, former Senators Bob Kerrey and Bob Graham who headed two separate 9/11 investigations also came up with the same conclusion, that intelligence sources from the Saudi government worked hand in hand with the Bush administration in preparation to pull off the 9/11 attack.

An FBI special agent and attorney Coleen Rowley working out of the Minnesota field office had stumbled upon vital information regarding suspicious activity involving Saudi national Zacarias Moussaoui taking flying lessons. After attempting to alert FBI higher-ups in DC to no avail, she soon went public as a whistleblower testifying before a Senate committee over the inexplicable breakdown in intelligence communications that led directly to 9/11. Specifically she realized that FBI headquarters actually hampered the investigation that may have stopped the 9/11 attack. Of course if the reality from top on down was a planned inside attack, then the FBI would have orders to purposely sabotage any real probe exposing the perpetrators. Coleen wrote a scathing letter to the FBI Director Robert Mueller. Ms. Rowley was one of three women selected as 2002’s Time Magazine’s Persons of the Year for her blowing the whistle on the feds’ failure to do its job. Ever since she has been a strong advocate and activist for government oversight especially once she resigned from the FBI in 2004. Coleen Rowley is another unsung American hero.

Still another courageous woman who became an FBI whistleblower involving 9/11 is Sibel Edmonds. Fluent in both Farsi and Turkish languages, Ms. Edmonds was hired right after 9/11 as a translator of sensitive intelligence documents that confirmed the FBI knew prior to 9/11 of the plan to use airplanes to attack buildings on American soil. Sibel like Coleen is a hardworking activist dedicated to exposing the truth about government improprieties. Utilizing her international contacts, she runs the extremely informative alternative news website BoilingFrogs.com.

With FBI Agent Rowley also privy to the same plan to fly planes into New York City’s Twin Towers, Rowley informed top FBI officials of this terrorist plot even prior to 9/11. Between both Rowley and Edmonds’ testimony, proof exists that the government knew about the attack and chose not to intercept its execution on 9/11. Beyond a question of a doubt, this bit of critical evidence demonstrates at a minimum the federal government’s complicity and more than likely its preplanned inside false flag operation to murder thousands of Americans on that fateful September morning. Of course 9/11 became the contrived diabolical excuse used to justify US invasions and decade long occupations of Afghanistan and Iraq under totally fabricated pretense. Of course it also constitutes crimes against humanity on an unprecedented monstrously gargantuan scale – not only crimes against the American people, but especially against the Iraqi and Afghan citizens who have lost millions of their loved ones in their failed state nations, all compliments of George Bush and Dick Cheney. Right up to this very day wars that America egregiously brought to their homelands are still raging with no end in sight.

Returning to the man recognized as “the leading aviation expert on the 9/11 attack,” Mr. Philip Marshall’s book and his next writing project he had begun must have threatened those high enough in the government who systematically silence anyone bent on uncovering their sinister false flag operations. The neocon administration has too much at stake and too much to lose should the real truth about them be known. What especially makes this story even more tragic is that Marshall’s teenage son and daughter were also shot in the head in their “safe” gated community home. Unsurprisingly, the local police and coroner hastily wrote it off as just another family homicide-suicide by another mentally unstable father estranged from his ex-wife.

Meanwhile right after the tragedy, former NSA officer and outspoken investigative journalist Wayne Madsen (WayneMadsenReport.com) spent a week in California talking to Marshall’s fellow residents in Murphys. The homes are close enough for the next door neighbor to say she could hear Philip whistling inside his house. Yet the police claimed that the homes in the community are too far apart for any neighbors to hear the four gunshots, quickly denying that a silencer was used. Moreover, none of the Marshall family friends and neighbors believe it was a homicide-suicide. Many believe that Philip’s latest work was especially incriminating to the government and that the family was murdered to silence him. Madsen also learned from the local media sources that Calaveras County Sheriff Gary Kuntz is said to be stalling in handing over the critical toxicological report on the family’s bodies as well as the Gunshot Residue report from the bullets fired from Marshall’s 9mm Glock. After conducting his own investigation, Wayne Madsen concluded that he is “100% certain” that the Marshall family was assassinated by the government.

A piece in the Santa Barbara View mentioned that during the editing and pre-marketing phase of publishing his 9/11 book, Philip Marshall displayed signs of paranoia. When one is actually being targeted for extermination through intimidation and harassment, to fear for your life is clearly not a paranoid delusion. Yet skeptics readily buy in to the official spin that targeted assassination victims are simply unstable and deranged, going off the deep end in this case killing his own family, the family dog and himself. Of course professionals who murder for a living are skilled at setting it up so suicide is always the most plausible explanation. Government thugs who operate like the mafia wouldn’t have it any other way. Those who kill for a living and have every possible resource available to enable them to get away with their sins can always make a crime scene appear like a suicide. Criminal rogue elements within the US government have been doing it for a very long time. So another truth teller and his two innocent children must bite the dust so the actual perpetrators can go free, untouched by their own evildoing.

Of course the 33-year old Hastings and 54-year old Marshall are not the only American writers likely murdered for exposing the sinister truth about the US government. In his 1996 Dark Alliance, an expose series for the San Jose Mercury News, Pulitzer Prize winning investigative journalist Gary Webb singlehandedly uncovered the Iran Contra scandal during Reagan’s 1980’s that supplied crack cocaine to South Central Los Angeles, resulting in the crack epidemic still raging in America’s urban ghettos. Webb’s ongoing investigative work exposed the illicit, morally reprehensible Contra Cocaine scandal that the CIA was running a decade earlier exchanging money and guns for Latin American drugs to finance the Contra insurgency operations fighting against the democratically elected Nicaraguan Sandinista government. Of course the Contras weren’t the “freedom fighters” Reagan idolized at all but US funded drug cartel mercenaries consisting of death squad commandos trained and led by CIA and US Special Operations forces that brutally terrorized and massacred thousands of Nicaraguans during the eighties Contra War.

A decade after Webb’s tragic death, his harrowing story was cinematically portrayed in the 2014 film “Kill the Messenger.” The Sacramento coroner that performed Webb’s autopsy quickly ruled his death a suicide despite a passing reference to the unusual occurrence of a suicide involving two bullets to the head. One shot from behind went out through Webb’s jaw so the likely murderer ensured the hit was successfully finalized by sending the second .35 caliber bullet straight into his brain. Prior to his demise, Webb had received a number of death threats and witnessed men in flight leaving his home as he pulled into his driveway. Those who believe Webb did commit suicide cite that he was broke, jobless, down on his luck and soon to be evicted from his apartment. Oh, and his motorcycle was stolen the day before he shot himself twice. Feds once again have ways to arrange circumstances so their official suicide spin gets bought.

Two years after the newspaper articles, Gary Webb published his book Dark Alliance in 1998 and continued working on another book uncovering the CIA and its clandestine operations right up till his execution style murder. Of course the big three mainstream presstitutes, the New York Times, Los Angeles Times and Washington Post thoroughly trashed Webb’s controversial findings as unsubstantiated, amateurish journalism, making a mockery of both the veracity of his investigation and his unjustifiably maligned reputation. Eventually his editor at the Mercurysuccumbed to the national pressure from the oligarch owned and operated Big Media and canned him. Subsequently the San Jose editor was rewarded for discriminately distancing the paper’s parent company Knight Ridder from the forsaken media pariah Webb. Similar to Hastings’ fate, the CIA is believed responsible for killing the journalist who was bent on exposing the evil that US intelligence forces perpetrate by shooting him twice in the back of his head in December 2004 as fatal retribution.

Gary Webb’s unveiling news was predated more than a decade earlier by Senator John Kerry’s 1985 investigation uncovering the reality that the US government knew about the drug connection between the CIA and Contra funding. Webb’s much criticized accounting was vindicated by the CIA’s own Inspector General Frederick Hitz’ 1998 reports that clearly confirmed CIA’s active involvement. Webb’s work also paved the way to learning that President Reagan and top administration officials knew and actively supported the illegal drug for money and weapons starting in the early 1980’s, placing the CIA along with National Security Council point man Lt. Colonel Oliver North in charge of the drug smuggling operation headquartered in the White House basement. This sordid covert operation right under Reagan’s powdered white nose had CIA fingerprints all over it, led by none other than former CIA chief and then VP turned President George H.W. Bush himself.

The Massachusetts Congressman who appointed me to West Point, Edward Boland, sponsored the Boland Amendment that prohibited military assistance to the Contras until 1986. Yet despite this Congressional restriction, it failed to stop CIA man Bush from secretly and illegally funding the Contra War through the lucrative drug trade. The staging area for resupplying the Contra terrorists during the 1980’s became Ilopongo Air Force Base in El Salvador. It was there that many CIA flights picking up large shipments of cocaine were then flown for drop off to America.

Even a 27-year senior special FBI agent who headed the Los Angeles, Memphis and Dallas field offices, the late Ted Gunderson, ruled Gary Webb’s death a murder and the possibility of it being a suicide “impossible.” During the last several decades of his life, Gunderson’s snooping around for the truth exposing the pervasive criminality within his own rogue elements of the FBI and CIA more than likely led to his eventual death in July 2011. During the three decades since retiring from the FBI, Ted Gunderson investigated the JFK assassination, Marilyn Monroe’s likely murder, 9/11 as an inside job, chemtrails, the Iran-Conta scandal, the Oklahoma City bombing, the Illuminati and the NWO agenda, the Bush crime family, Satanism, child kidnapping and ritualistic abuse and sacrifice. As a longtime government whistleblower and bestselling author possessing impeccable FBI credentials and decades of expert investigative experience, Gunderson made many enemies within the government. Mr. Gunderson’s treating physician of many years, Dr. Edward Lucidi, also examined Ted’s body after his July 2011 death, and concluded that Gunderson had been periodically poisoned with arsenic that eventually triggered his bladder cancer that ultimately spread to kill him.

The longtime New World Order advocate and oligarch George Herbert Walker Bush has CIA links dating all the way back to the 1961 Bay of Pigs scandal. Though once a Skull and Bones secret society initiate at Yale like his father before him and his junior namesake after, graduation in 1948 meant moving with his wife and George Jr. to Texas where he became an even richer oil man. In the early 1960’s HW worked as a CIA recruiter for the Bay of Pigs operation. It was his involvement in the CIA training of Cuban exiles in guerilla warfare in preparation for the Bay of Pigs that H.W. met anti-Castro Cuban, naturalized American citizen, drug trafficker, career CIA employee and lifelong friend Felix Rodriguez (alias Max Gomez) who was responsible for Che Guevara’s capture and killing and would surface decades later in a key role in the Iran Contra affair. FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover’s controversial JFK assassination memo dated November 29th, 1963, a mere seven days after the Kennedy murder, explicitly names the CIA’s “George H.W. Bush” for his direct JFK involvement placing him in Dallas at the time the ill-fated president was ambushed at Dealey Plaza. There is even a photo of Bush in front of the same book depository where the “lone gunman” patsy Lee Harvey Oswald allegedly fired from the second floor.

President Kennedy was indeed the most famous would-be whistleblower in-the-making during the 1000 days of his short-lived presidency. In reaction to the embarrassment of the botched Bay of Pigs scandal he inherited from the Eisenhower administration, Kennedy’s bold design included “splintering the CIA,” abolishing its covert operations and bringing home all of the US

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:48 pm

https://hotair.com/archives/2015/01/06/ ... g-warrant/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FBI: We don’t need no stinking warrant
posted at 7:21 pm on January 6, 2015 by Noah Rothman

In a letter released to the public last week, Senate Judiciary Committee members Patrick Leahy (D-VT) and Chuck Grassley (R-IA) expressed their concerns about the FBI’s defense of the apparently widespread practice of warrantless surveillance of cellular data.
In a private briefing to committee members, the FBI apparently indicated that they do not believe they need warrants in order to secure data from cell technology using decoy towers known as “stingrays.”
“The Judiciary Committee needs a broader understanding of the full range of law enforcement agencies that use this technology, the policies in place to protect the privacy interests of those whose information might be collected using these devices, and the legal process that DOJ and DHS entities seek prior to using them,” the letter read.
For example, we understand that the FBI’s new policy requires FBI agents to obtain a search warrant whenever a cell-site simulator is used as part of a FBI investigation or operation, unless one of several exceptions apply, including (among others): (1) cases that pose an imminent danger to public safety, (2) cases that involve a fugitive, or (3) cases in which the technology is used in public places or other locations at which the FBI deems there is no reasonable expectation of privacy.
We have concerns about the scope of the exceptions. Specifically, we are concerned about whether the FBI and other law enforcement agencies have adequately considered the privacy interests of other individuals who are not the targets of the interception, but whose information is nevertheless being collected when these devices are being used. We understand that the FBI believes that it can address these interests by maintaining that information for a short period of time and purging the information after it has been collected. But there is a question as to whether this sufficiently safeguards privacy interests.
The congressional investigation was prompted in part by a report published in The Wall Street Journal in November in which the existence of these secret mock cell towers as well as Cessna aircraft that randomly surveil America’s urban centers was revealed.
“The official said discussion of such matters would allow criminal suspects or foreign powers to determine U.S. surveillance capabilities,” The Journal report read. “Justice Department agencies comply with federal law, including by seeking court approval, the official said.”
The Journal report makes it clear that most of the information caught by this form of dragnet surveillance is “let go,” but that appears to be cold comfort to the members of the Senate Judiciary Committee.
Writing in Ars Technica, David Kravets is unimpressed with the FBI’s regard for Americans’ expectation of privacy.
The bureau’s position on Americans’ privacy isn’t surprising. The Obama Administration has repeatedly maintained that the public has no privacy in public places. It began making that argument as early as 2010, when it told a federal appeals court that the authorities should be allowed to affix GPS devices on vehicles and track a suspect’s every move without court authorization. The Supreme Court, however, eventually ruled that warrants are required. What’s more, the administration has argued that placing a webcam with pan-and-zoom capabilities on a utility pole to spy on a suspect at his or her residence was no different from a police officer’s observation from the public right-of-way. A federal judge last month disagreed with the government’s position, tossing evidence gathered by the webcam that was operated from afar.
Despite the fleeting outrage that followed revelations that the NSA used the PRISM program to scoop up information on average internet users, little in the way of reforms to the process by which domestic law enforcement agencies collect and use information collected through surveillance on private citizens. Since President Barack Obama has apparently abandoned the pursuit of sweeping reforms to America’s domestic surveillance programs, many will urge his successor to follow up on

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:34 pm

see link for full story

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/ ... 64051.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What is the amount of her taxpayer funded pension?
A good criminal justice consumer would know.

Embattled former Milwaukee FBI chief retires from agency
Teresa L. Carlson, the former Special Agent in Charge of the FBI in Milwaukee, has retired from the bureau.
Teresa L. Carlson, the former Special Agent in Charge of the FBI in Milwaukee, has retired from the bureau.

Jan. 8, 2015 3:04 p.m.

The former chief of the FBI office in Milwaukee — suspected of encouraging an agent under her command to commit perjury and then lying about it to investigators — has retired from the bureau, according to an FBI spokesman.
Teresa Carlson retired as she was facing termination proceedings for her conduct related to the case of Justin Slaby, a wounded combat veteran who sought to become an FBI agent, according to multiple sources.
Carlson was served with termination papers and escorted out of FBI headquarters in October, according to the sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to discuss FBI personnel matters.
An email was sent to FBI employees last week detailing discipline in the prior three months by the bureau's Office of Professional Responsibility. The email included a summary of the case in which a supervisor suggested an agent on how to testify, sources said. The summary did not name Carlson, which is typical of such discipline summaries.
FBI spokesman Christopher Allen said such emails are internal communications for employees only. Allen confirmed that Carlson has retired. He declined to comment further.
Carlson, 50, was hired by the FBI in 1992. Agents who are 50 years old and have 20 years of experience are able to retire with full federal employee benefits. Carlson's retirement benefits will be based on her salary, which the FBI has not released. Government pay scales indicate she made between $120,000 and $180,000 year.
Carlson has been serving as acting deputy assistant director of the Facilities and Logistics Division at headquarters in Washington — which manages FBI facilities and an $800 million budget — since summer 2013, when she first came under investigation.
A Justice Department report issued in August concluded that Carlson, as special agent in charge of the Milwaukee office, instructed a subordinate to commit perjury in the case of Slaby, who wanted to become a special agent. They also found she may have broken federal law by telling an agent to lie under oath. The Justice Department's Public Integrity Section declined to prosecute Carlson.
Unprofessional conduct cited
Carlson also likely lied to investigators working for Inspector General Michael Horowitz and the FBI as well as federal prosecutors, the report says.
Horowitz's office found Carlson "conducted herself unprofessionally and exhibited extremely poor judgment" when she coached Special Agent Mark Crider on how to testify in the case of Slaby.
According to Crider, Carlson told him to "come down" on the FBI's side in the case. Carlson denied she told Crider how to testify, but the inspector general staff concluded her version of events was not credible.
Carlson invoked her Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination in 2013 after she was subpoenaed to explain the conversation. Likewise, she refused to speak to inspector general staff until she was forced to do so.
Carlson could not be reached for comment Thursday.
FBI Deputy Director Sean Joyce quietly moved Carlson out of Milwaukee last summer.
When FBI Director James Comey came to Milwaukee last April, he sought out Crider to shake his hand, saying he wanted employees to be willing to come forward with problems.
The inspector general report also found Carlson wrongly admonished a subordinate for talking to FBI inspectors about friction between the FBI and local law enforcement following the Sikh temple shooting in Oak Creek in 2012.
In her statement to investigators, Carlson said the latest investigation — along with multiple earlier ones — was nothing more than "a hit" against her by Joyce, the bureau's second-in-command, who has since retired. She said she had been investigated five times since she joined the agency's top ranks — known as the Senior Executive Service, a few hundred managers on top of the 35,000-employee agency.
"It's just been a continual (expletive) allegation after allegation after allegation," she said.
Slaby, a combat war veteran from Oak Creek, lost his hand in a training incident and applied to become an FBI agent. He was washed out of the academy, and he then sued the FBI, saying he was treated unfairly. Crider agreed.
In April 2013, Crider told his supervisors he was going to give a deposition in the Slaby case.
Crider said Carlson lectured him in her office for 20 to 30 minutes, saying Slaby should not be an agent because he is disabled.
Slaby won his case, graduated from the FBI academy and is now a special agent, according to his attorney, Kathy Butler.

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:38 pm

mucho reads about
public servant/ FBI Capo De Capo Valerie
Caproni

F.B.I. Is Broadening Surveillance Role, Report Shows

The Federal Bureau of Investigation's top lawyer, Valerie E. Caproni, left, who is now a Federal District Court judge, developed procedures to make sure no accounts collected through the “Prism” system and reviewed by the bureau belonged to Americans.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/12/us ... &referrer=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JANUARY 11, 2015
WASHINGTON — Although the government’s warrantless surveillance program is associated with the National Security Agency, the Federal Bureau of Investigation has gradually become a significant player in administering it, a newly declassified report shows.
In 2008, according to the report, the F.B.I. assumed the power to review email accounts the N.S.A. wanted to collect through the “Prism” system, which collects emails of foreigners from providers like Yahoo and Google. The bureau’s top lawyer, Valerie E. Caproni, who is now a Federal District Court judge, developed procedures to make sure no such accounts belonged to Americans.
Then, in October 2009, the F.B.I. started retaining copies of unprocessed communications gathered without a warrant to analyze for its own purposes. And in April 2012, the

http://nypost.com/2015/01/11/an-fbi-age ... -like-you/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

An ex-FBI agent's tips on how to get people to like you
January 11 2015

When the FBI needed a plan to make their clueless, text-happy young agents better at interviews, they introduced them to one of the bureau's veteran behavior ..

Ex-FBI lawyer linked to surveillance abuses poised for federal judge ...
http://www.theguardian.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; › World › Surveillance
Sep 6, 2013 - Valerie Caproni, up for judgeship in important terrorism court, likely to come under fresh scepticism in wake of NSA revelations.
Meet Valerie Caproni: Civil Rights Violating FBI Lawyer to be ...
libertyblitzkrieg.com/.../meet-valerie-caproni-civil-rights-violating-fbi-lawy...
Sep 9, 2013 - Valerie Caproni, the FBI's top lawyer from 2003 to 2011, is scheduled to receive a vote on Monday in the Senate for a seat on the southern ...
Going Dark: Lawful Electronic Surveillance in the Face of New - FBI
http://www.fbi.gov" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; › News › Testimony
Feb 17, 2011 - Valerie Caproni; General Counsel; Federal Bureau of Investigation; Statement Before the House Judiciary Committee, Subcommittee on Crime, ...
Lawyer Linked to DOJ Spying Given Judgeship - Courthouse News ...
http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/09/10/61006.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sep 10, 2013 - (CN) - Valerie Caproni, the former top lawyer for the FBI with links to the domestic "dragnet" scandal, was confirmed as a federal judge on ...
STOPPING THE VALERIE CAPRONI JUDICIAL NOMINATION | LDS Freedom Forum
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=27468" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Feb 4, 2013 - 2 posts - ‎2 authors
On the FBI EVIL INDEX Scale Valerie Caproni ranks at the very top.She is being nominated for a Federal Judgeship.Call your members of ...
ImagesReport images
Image result for valerie caproni fbi
More images for valerie caproni fbi
Former FBI official questioned on abuse of intelligence-gathering ...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/...fbi... ... 43de81040b.." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Feb 4, 2013 - The former official, Valerie E. Caproni, left the FBI in 2011 and has been nominated by President Obama to be a judge in the Southern District ...

Valerie Caproni - Huffington Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/valerie-caproni/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WASHINGTON -- The FBI is preparing new investigative guidelines for its agents that civil libertarians say would make it easier for agents to search c.
Obama Nominates Caproni to District Court, 11/14/2012.
http://www.techlawjournal.com/topstorie ... 121114.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nov 14, 2012 - President Obama nominated Valerie Caproni to be a Judge of the U.S. ... Caproni was responsible for the training of FBI special agents on use ...
Judge Valerie E. Caproni - Individual Rules of Practice in Criminal ...
http://www.nysd.uscourts.gov/judge/Caproni" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Valerie E. Caproni. United States District Judge. Thurgood Marshall United States Courthouse 40 Foley Square New York, NY 10007. Courtroom: 443
Concerns Raised Over F.B.I. Intelligence-Gathering Rules ...
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/29/us/29 ... wanted=all" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oct 28, 2009 - But Valerie Caproni, the F.B.I.'s general counsel, said the bureau has adequate safeguards to protect civil liberties as it looks for people who ...
"The Mother Of All Black Ops": FBI General Counsel Valerie Caproni ...
9-11themotherofallblackoperations.blogspot.com/.../fbi-general-counsel-va...
Sep 18, 2006 - FBI General Counsel Valerie Caproni Illegally Usurped The Authority Of The NTSB To Allow The FBI To Subvert The TWA Flight 800 ...
Former FBI Lawyer Who Oversaw Years Of Fourth Amendment ...
https://www.techdirt.com/.../former-fbi ... s-fourth-a.." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Sep 9, 2013 - Spencer Ackerman at The Guardian has compiled an in-depth look at Valerie Caproni, former top lawyer for the FBI and current nominee for a ...

Blowback, 9/11, and Cover-Ups - Page 391 - Google Books Result
https://books.google.com/books?isbn=0932438156" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rodney Stich - 2005 - ‎Political Science
Caproni: One of the DOJ Behind-the-Scene Officials One of the DOJ officials that ... Valerie Caproni was appointed to the position in the FBI's Washington offices ...
How Doj Cover-Up of FBI Murders Enabled 9/11 Attacks
https://books.google.com/books?isbn=0932438814" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rodey Stich - 2012
In August of 2003, U.S. Attorney Valerie Caproni was appointed to the position in the FBI's Washington offices, responsible for providing legal advice to FBI ...
Meet Valerie Caproni: Civil Rights Violating FBI Lawyer ... - wchildblog
wchildblog.com/.../meet-valerie-caproni-civil-rights-violating-fbi-lawyer-to...
Sep 12, 2013 - The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. – Albert Camus by ...
Crimes Ol the CIA-Doj, and the Mafia - Page 182 - Google Books Result
https://books.google.com/books?isbn=0932438261" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rodney Stich - 2008 - ‎True Crime
Request for Investigation by Other FBI Agents In 1994, when three veteran FBI ... As these events were occurring, federal prosecutor Valerie Caproni was in the ...
[PDF]Valerie Caproni Interview 1 or Interview Notes 1.12.05 (6pp)
https://www.aclu.org/.../dojfbi20100514 ... erview1_or_.." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
May 14, 2010 - Filter: Linked To Source(s): "Valerie Caproni Interview 1" or Linked To Source(s): .... According to Valerie E. Caproni someone at the FBI.

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:27 pm

Eli Lake and Josh Rogin: Patriot Act’s new friend in Congress is Devin Nunes
BY ELI LAKE AND JOSH ROGIN
January 12, 2015

Rep. Devin Nunes may not be well known outside of his California congressional district in the San Joaquin Valley or the Washington beltway, but he is about to become one of the most important figures in U.S. national security.
As the new chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, Nunes is one of “gang of eight” members of Congress who will be briefed on the U.S. government’s most classified military and intelligence programs. When the president orders a hostage rescue, or when the FBI unmasks an important foreign spy, Nunes will be one of the few people without a formal security clearance to know about it.
In response to our written questions, Nunes sketched out his agenda for the committee in the new Congress. On some issues, such as nuclear negotiations with Iran and closing the prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, don’t expect big changes from the approach of outgoing chairman Mike Rogers. But unlike Rogers, Nunes said he was not satisfied with the committee’s report on the Sept. 11, 2012, attack on U.S. facilities at Benghazi, Libya, and still believed key witnesses need to be interviewed. He also rejected the idea of potentially reforming the legal structure behind America’s vast surveillance state.
Specifically, Nunes told us he was going to be looking to persuade his colleagues to reauthorize the provisions of the Patriot Act and the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act that allow the federal government to collect and store troves of telephone records. He also said he didn’t intend to support reforms to the secret court that approves FBI and NSA wiretapping of suspected spies and terrorists.

Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.com/2015/01/12/432 ... rylink=cpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:58 pm

FBI investigation of Black Mountain College revealed in newly released file
August 5, 2015 Jon Elliston Leave a comment
FacebookTwitterGoogle+RedditLinkedInEmailPrintShare
BMC featured image
see link for full story

http://www.carolinapublicpress.org/2308 ... eased-file" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The FBI scrutinized Black Mountain College during its final months, according to bureau records and student and faculty accounts.

BLACK MOUNTAIN—The Federal Bureau of Investigation probed Black Mountain College during its waning days and may have accelerated its demise, according to a recently declassified FBI file.

BMC, the influential avant-garde institution located in Buncombe County that ran from 1933-1957, was a “very unusual type of school,” the bureau noted in a secret 1956 report, paraphrasing descriptions by the college’s leaders while noting an allegation that BMC could pose a potential threat to “internal security.”

Previously released records have shown that several of BMC’s faculty members came under FBI scrutiny over the years, but the newly released file, which can be read below, appears to be the only one revealed so far that focused on the college itself.

The file, obtained by Carolina Public Press through a Freedom of Information Act request, mostly concerns an investigation into whether BMC was complying with G.I. Bill requirements for a handful of students who were military veterans.

The college was ultimately cleared in the matter, but not before FBI agents grilled students and faculty members, focusing their questions around the college’s unconventional approach to higher education.
A suspected faculty
charles olson

Charles Olson, BMC’s rector in the 1950s, received multiple visits from the FBI and described them as disdainful intrusions. Photo courtesy North Carolina Western Regional Archives

According to accounts from historians and BMC alumni, along with previously released documents, several members of the college’s teaching staff caught the FBI’s attention, and the bureau’s agents became fixtures at the Lake Eden campus.

“FBI people showed up all the time, and they looked like something out of a grade B movie,” Dorothea Rockburne, a renowned painter who was a student at BMC in the early 1950s, remembered in a 2002 interview for the Black Mountain Studies Journal.

“They always had trench coats on, and you could spot them a mile away,” she said.

“And of course the students at Black Mountain put on an act for them. One of the favorite student tricks was to not have shoes on in the middle of the winter, and to crunch out a cigarette butt with their bare feet. … It confirmed their worst opinions, and we did not answer any of their questions.”

The FBI’s presence at the college wasn’t always so evident, however.

In the early 1940s, for example, the bureau recruited an informant in a class taught by the college’s anthropology professor, Paul Radin, to spy on him, according to Radin’s FBI file. The bureau suspected that Radin, a self-professed radical leftist, was a Communist operative.

The informant, reporting on classroom discussions, told the FBI that Radin was a staunch advocate for racial integration and indeed a Communist Party member, according to historian David Rice’s 2004 book, Threatening Anthropology: McCarthyism and the FBI’s Surveillance of Activist Anthropologists.

No less than Buckminster Fuller, the famous futurist and inventor who was a visiting professor at BMC in 1947 and ’48, also garnered an FBI file, which was recently released.

A string of other BMC notables fell under official suspicion, and the FBI dogged the college’s last leader, the poet and writer Charles Olson, at least twice, in 1952 and 1956, while he served as rector.

In the first instance, some of Olson’s associates from government service almost a decade prior were being investigated for suspected Communist ties, and the agents questioned him about their loyalties.

Olson recounted his brushes with investigators in letters to Roger Creely, a fellow BMC figure and writer, not mincing words about his interactions with the FBI.

“I have had to feel that shadow,” Olson wrote in one letter, likening the FBI to “the secret police.”
Final FBI investigation accompanied BMC’s demise

The second time the FBI came to see Olson was in the summer of 1956, as the college was on the verge of closing.

BMC was strapped for cash and short on students, turning, in part, to G.I. Bill funds for its military veteran students to try to stay afloat. Suspicions from the Veterans Administration sparked the FBI investigation, the newly released file shows.

In May of 1956, the FBI’s Charlotte office alerted headquarters in Washington that regional VA officials suspected fraudulent use of G.I. Bill funds at BMC.

“The veterans do not attend the classes in the normal sense and on a regular basis,” one FBI memo said. The college’s own records, now on file at the state’s Western Regional Archives in Asheville, show years of back and forth with state and federal agencies about this matter.

And that wasn’t all. The VA’s attorney in Winston-Salem “felt that the information which had been developed [about BMC] might involve a matter of internal security,” the Charlotte FBI office advised, while noting that the VA men “furnished no specific information indicating subversive activity on the part of the students or instructors at the school.”

“School officials have advised that they are conducting a very unusual type of school,” the FBI special agent in charge in Charlotte reported to Director J. Edgar Hoover in a May 31, 1956, memo.

“For example, a student may do nothing all day and in the middle of the night may decide he wants

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:31 pm

http://genius.com/Federal-bureau-of-inv ... -annotated" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
COINTELPRO Documents

History Genius

Jean Seberg Memo
Federal Bureau of Investigation

Date: 4/27/70

TO: DIRECTOR, FBI (100-448006)

SUBJECT: COUNTERINTELLIGENCE PROGRAM
BLACK NATIONALIST HATE GROUPS
RACIAL INTELLIGENCE – BLACK PANTHER PARTY

Re San Francisco airtel to the Bureau date 4/23/70,
entitled, “BLACK PANTHER PARTY (BPP), LOS ANGELES DIVISION,
RM-BPP.”

Bureau permission is requested to publicize the pregnancy of Jean
Seberg, well-known movie actress by (name deleted) Black Panther (BPP)
(deleted) by advising Hollywood “Gossip-Columnists” in the Los Angeles
area of the situation. It is felt that the possible publication of
Seberg’s plight could cause her embarrassment and serve to cheapen her
image with the general public.

It is proposed that the following letter from a fictitious person
be sent to local columinists:

“I was just thinking about you and remembered I still owe you a favor.
So —- I was in Paris last week and ran into Jean Seberg, who was
heavy with baby. I thought she and Romaine [sic] had gotten together
again, but she confided the child belonged to (deleted) of the Black
Panthers, one (deleted). The dear girl is getting around!

“Anyway, I thought you might get a scoop on the others. Be good and
I’ll see you soon.

Love,
Sol”

Usual precautions would be taken by the Los Angeles Division to
preclude identification of the Bureau as the source of the letter if
approval is granted.
Description 1 Contributor ?

A 1970 memo from the FBI planning to plant in newspapers the false story that the father of actress Jean Seberg’s impending baby was a Black Panther, rather than the actual father, her husband; the reason was because she had been a financial supporter of the Panthers. This memo was picked up by gossip columnists. The resulting stress led to a suicide attempt, premature delivery of the baby, and its death after only two days. Seberg herself committed suicide in 1979.

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:08 am

We brought attorney John Clarke to speak at
Bates College about
the FBI coverup of the murder of Vince Foster
friend of Hilary Clinton

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rCiiB1_OGUE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

also see
Crack the CIA

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6HllWuEB6Q" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:58 pm

Couple of reads

Link due jour

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Camil" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.news24.com.ng/National/News/ ... C-20150819" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bonus read
Menu
If the FBI thinks you’re a terrorist, here’s something you could do
http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/19/if-the-fb ... o-5348476/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wednesday 19 Aug 2015
'Are you a terrorist?' 'No' 'Can you prove it?' 'I can try' (it took
him 13 years)A life in pictures (Picture: Hasan Elahi)

What to do when you’re being investigated for terrorism? Start an art
project of course.

Hasan Elahi is a professor at the University of Maryland and an
artist, who was stopped by the FBI at Detroit Airport in 2002.

The FBI suspected he was involved in terrorist activities and, over
six months, brought him in for repeated questioning.

They wanted to know where he was in September 2001, when the attacks
on the World Trade Center took place.

Luckily Elahi kept detailed notes in his planner, but it took nine
polygraph tests until the FBI were satisfied he wasn’t involved.
terHasan Elahi (Picture: YouTube/Ted Talks)

As Elahi flies a lot for work, the FBI suggested he called to let them
know about his future travel plans so he didn’t have any more hassle
at airports.

His response was way better:
Elahi began documenting every detail of his life and sending the
photos to the FBI

FBI tries to recruit hackers as cyber special agents
Federal Times-
http://www.federaltimes.com/story/gover ... /31867247/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The annual Black Hat conference in Las Vegas was a place for hackers
and cybersecurity professionals to compare ideas and tactics of the

2016 Elections, Hillary Clinton
Intelligence Community Inspector General Is Done With Clinton's
Emails—But the FBI Isn't
And there's plenty more investigating to come
| Tue Aug. 18, 2015

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... eneral-fbi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On Monday, the ongoing political and legal problems swirling around
Hillary Clinton's use of a private email system during her time as
secretary of state got simpler and more complicated. A spokeswoman
with the office of the inspector general for the intelligence
community told Mother Jones that it had finished reviewing Clinton's
emails and was not taking further action. But the matter was still
being investigated by the FBI. And on the same day, a lawyer from the
State Department told a federal judge that more than 300 of her
emails needed further review by intelligence agencies to determine if
they contained classified material. Last week, it was reported that a
small sample of Clinton's emails contained classified material, which
Clinton and her team

http://pjmedia.com/jchristianadams/2015 ... #undefined" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Coverup: Federal Appeals Court Blasts DOJ Misconduct in Police
Prosecution
Yet Karla Dobinski is still employed at the DOJ.
by J. Christian Adams
August 19, 2015 - 7:19 am
(74)
A federal appeals court has blasted misconduct by Justice Department
lawyers in a civil rights prosecution against New Orleans police
officers. The case arose in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. The
Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed the lower court’s grant of a
new trial because Justice Department lawyers — including those
responsible for protecting the civil rights of the defendant police
officers — engaged in an anonymous blogging campaign to taint the
defendants during the trial. The court noted that Justice Department
lawyers stoked a “mob mentality” against police officers.
The federal appeals court took note that one of the Civil Rights
Division lawyers responsible appears to have gone unpunished. For
sure, one lawyer is still employed and earning in excess of $157,000
per year with her government salary and benefits.

(See previous PJ Media coverage: Justice Dept. Lawyer Karla Dobinski’s
Misconduct Sends Cops to Prison)
As the court described:
In the anarchy following Hurricane Katrina, a group of heavily armed
New Orleans police officers were dispatched to the Danziger Bridge in
response to an emergency call reporting shots being fired at police.
There, amid chaos, they shot and killed two unarmed men, one of them
developmentally disabled, and wounded four other unarmed civilians.
The notorious Civil Rights Division then brought a criminal
prosecution against the police officers (just as many are now
clamoring for the same DOJ unit to launch such prosecution against
other police departments). The federal appeals court described what
happened next:
No less than three high-ranking federal prosecutors are known to have
been posting online, anonymous comments to newspaper articles about
the case throughout its duration. The government makes no attempt to
justify the prosecutors’ ethical lapses, which the court described as
having created an “online 21st century carnival atmosphere.” Not only
that, but the government inadequately investigated and substantially
delayed the ferreting out of information about its in-house
contributors to the anonymous postings. The district court also found
that cooperating defendants called to testify by the government lied,
an FBI agent over stepped, defense witnesses were intimidated from
testifying , and inexplicably gross sentencing disparities resulted
from the government’ s plea bargains and charging practices.
Read the full outrageous opinion here.
The exact same Justice Department unit which engaged in this
misconduct is also investigating police departments across the nation
— including in Ferguson, Missouri, and Baltimore.
One such lawyer who engaged in misconduct according to the court was
Karla Dobinski. She posted anonymous comments online about the police
during the trial in New Orleans. Yet her job was to protect the police
officers: ”Her responsibility in the course of the prosecution was to
protect indicted police officers’ civil rights,” said the appeals
court.
“Dobinski remains in federal employment with only a bare reproof for
her online commentin

http://www.cityweekly.net/utah/rocky-an ... id=2947789" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NEWS
August 19, 2015

Rocky Anderson vs. NSA & FBI
Former SLC mayor recently filed a lawsuit against the U.S. government

Rocky Anderson
When former Salt Lake City Mayor Rocky Anderson reactivated his law
license, it appears he also reactivated his activism. Long a
civil-liberties defender, he decided to call out the federal
government after reports surfaced in 2013 that the NSA and FBI
allegedly conducted illegal surveillance on Salt Lake-area residents
before and during the 2002 Winter Games. He recently filed a lawsuit
(that two City Weekly staff joined) seeking damages from the U.S.
government for unlawful invasions of privacy. Anderson explained the
purpose of his lawsuit below:

The Winter Olympics were so 13 years ago. Why sue now?

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:16 pm

See link for full story

WEET LAND OF LIBERTY
FBI FREE TO AMBUSH OUR BILL OF RIGHTS
Nat Hentoff calls agency 'one of the most persistent and unpunished present violators'
image: http://www.wnd.com/files/2011/12/Nat-Hentoff_avatar.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

image: http://www.wnd.com/wp-content/themes/wo ... //feed.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

image: http://www.wnd.com/wp-content/plugins/w ... /print.png" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When I was a kid, beginning to learn what it is to be an American, I found a hero in George Mason, a leading Virginia delegate to the 1787 Constitutional Convention. Mason refused to sign on to the Constitution that was passed by the convention. Why?

“There is no Declaration of Rights,” he explained.

There was no section in the Constitution protecting citizens’ individual rights against an imperious government in this new America – similar to the charges Thomas Jefferson made against King George III’s government in our Declaration of Independence in 1776.

George Mason’s contagious objections became a major reason that the first 10 amendments, the Bill of Rights, were finally listed and ratified by enough states to be added to the Constitution in 1791.

And we still proudly have them! Or do we? As George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and Barack Obama have eroded our guarantees of a self-governing republic, how many Americans are aware they are losing some of the liberties guaranteed in the Bill of Rights? How many Americans even know who George Mason was?

Thomas Jefferson said Mason was “of the first order of greatness” (“George Mason’s ‘Objections’ and the Bill of Rights,” Robert A. Rutland, “This Constitution: A Bicentennial Chronicle,” American Political Science Association and American Historical Association, 1985).

I know enough about my hero to have no doubt what George Mason’s reaction would be to one of the most persistent and unpunished present violators of the Bill of Rights – the FBI!

In the fall of 2008, just before the Bush administration left, then-Attorney General Michael Mukasey changed and expanded the Attorney General’s Guidelines for Domestic FBI Operations. The guidelines were made official on Dec. 1, 2008. They remain in force under Obama.

If James Madison and Thomas Jefferson could see this shredding of the Bill of Rights, they might be leading another American Revolution.

When the FBI guidelines were released, I did my part, writing several columns on this disembowelment of our American identity. But Michael Ratner of the Center for Constitutional Rights and Margaret Ratner Kunstler more clearly exposed the guidelines’ contempt for our privacy in “Hell No: Your Right to Dissent in 21st-Century America” (New Press, 2011).

One chapter in particular lists the FBI guidelines, explaining how they throttle the Bill of Rights:

“The Mukasey guidelines, under a section titled ‘General Authorities,’ dispense with the Privacy Act restrictions on keeping records about United States citizens and permanent residents, flatly stating that all activities authorized by the guidelines are exempt from the Privacy Act.”

Here, as demonstrated by Ratner and Kunstler, is the America in which you are now living:

“As surveillance and the gathering of information can be carried out without any criminal predicate and on the completely innocent, these guidelines have effectively granted the FBI the authority to use and retain records on millions of law-abiding Americans.”

Where is that allowed in our Constitution?

When I was a kid, I read Arthur Koestler’s “Darkness at Noon,” a book about Josef Stalin’s Russia that turned me into a fiercely unyielding anti-Communist for the rest of my life. During the so-called Great Depression, I remember arguing with Communists in my Boston neighborhood about Stalin keeping an eye on law-abiding Russians.

When I became a reporter years later, specializing in dangers to our civil liberties, I was startled by the extent to which J. Edgar Hoover’s FBI had secretly infiltrated so many entirely lawful organizations with informants and instigators of illegal actions, insatiably searching for Communists, fellow travelers and other suspicious “persons of interest.”

Hoover is gone, but here I am now with this account by Ratner and Kunstler, learning that “the FBI is ‘authorized and encouraged’ to identify and recruit informants, even if the activities to be investigated are totally lawful. … Informants often end up participating in active ways and even suggesting tactics, some of which may be illegal – depending on what the informant’s FBI handler suggests.”

Watch carefully some unfamiliar organizations you may consider joining. In protecting the rule of law, are they being goaded from the inside to go beyond it?

Next week’s column will be visited by Michael German of the American Civil Liberties Union’s Legislative Office, where he is policy counsel on national security, immigration and privacy.

Previously, German was an FBI special agent from 1988 to 2004 in domestic terrorism and other investigations who, as the ACLU notes, “also served in undercover operations, successfully helping to prevent several terrorist attacks.

“He resigned in 2004 to make Congress and the public aware of the continuing deficiencies in FBI counterterrorism operations after the implementation of the 9/11 Commission’s reforms” (“Intelligence Expert and Former FBI Agent Joins ACLU as National Security Counsel,” aclu.org, Oct. 5, 2006).

Bill of Rights champion George Mason would recognize German as a true Bill of Rights comrade.

“I joined the FBI because I wanted to defend this country,” German says, “but the oath I took was to defend the Constitution. Working for (the Bush) administration, I felt as though I was participating in a dark chapter in American history.”

Ultimately, German joined the ACLU because he knew he must uphold “what this country stands for: We can, and must, be both safe and free” (

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/08/fbi-free-to- ... lHhRgRv.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:32 am

link de jour

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015 ... he-counted" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bonus read

http://burningbooksbuffalo.com/pages/foia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FOIA
Burning Books has produced the two short online videos below on How to
Use the Freedom of Information Act and The Freedom of Information Act
in Action featuring attorney Michael Kuzma. These videos are intended
to assist and encourage individuals and activists in taking advantage
of this important and underutilized resource to release documents from
government agencies. Many thanks to Artvoice, the Buffalo chapter of
the Coalition for Economic Justice, Squeaky Wheel and the Buffalo
Chapter of the Leonard Peltier Defense Offense Committee for support
and assistance with this project

http://www.newsweek.com/2015/09/11/jaso ... 67787.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Why Is the FBI Trying to Bury a Special Forces War Hero?
BY MICHAEL AMES / SEPTEMBER 2, 2015 6:58

Lieutenant Colonel Jason Amerine was one of the first U.S. soldiers
into Afghanistan. He landed there with an Army Special Forces A-Team
in late October 2001, when everyone agreed the war would be brief and
the objectives were clear: Avenge the terror of the 9/11 attacks,
depose the Taliban and leave. Nearly 14 years later, he went to
Capitol Hill to explain why he’s still fighting his way out.

Until this past January, Amerine worked at the Pentagon, where he led
an Army team ordered to bring home Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl, a mission
that was expanded to include several civilian hostages held by
Taliban-aligned militants in Pakistan. Bergdahl had been captive for
nearly four years by the time Amerine got involved, making him the
longest-held prisoner of war since Vietnam and a key to any end-of-war
negotiations. In 2013, Amerine lured the Taliban to a series of secret
talks that identified a solution, but then hit a wall in Washington’s
bureaucratic maze. As he wrangled more with federal agencies in D.C.
than with the Quetta Shura in Pakistan, Amerine reached out to
Representative Duncan Hunter, a Marine veteran and Republican member
of the House Armed Services Committee

Hunter wrote letters to then–Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel and
President Barack Obama pleading that someone cut through the
interagency squabbling between the Army, the State Department, the
FBI, the intelligence community and the Department of Defense. When
Bergdahl was finally released last year in a trade for five Taliban
prisoners at Guantanamo Bay, Hunter complained that a far better deal
brokered by Amerine was ignored. Worse still, six Western civilians,
including two Canadians and a newborn child, were left behind, held by
terrorist groups protected by the Pakistani government, a pivotal U.S.
ally in the global war on terror.

This January, the day after an errant CIA drone missile killed one of
those hostages, international aid worker Warren Weinstein, Amerine was
abruptly escorted out of the Pentagon. The Army informed him that its
Criminal Investigation Command (CID) had opened a case against him.
His pay was halted, and his retirement was put on hold. Hunter says
this was a hit job by the FBI, payback for infringing on the bureau’s
hostage-recovery turf. The CID would

http://sputniknews.com/us/20150904/1026567304.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

US Court Dismisses Lawsuit against FBI Kept Some Muslims on No-Fly

00:35 04.09.2015(updated 00:37 04.09.2015) G
The US Center for Constitutional rights stated that a US federal judge
had dismissed a case against FBI agents for allegedly placing
law-abiding Muslims on a no-fly list,issued by the US government.

The 'Others': Are British Muslims Being Targeted by UK Politics?

FBI Uses National Security as Excuse to Suppress Muslim-Americans
WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — A US federal judge has dismissed a case against
two dozen Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agents for allegedly
placing law-abiding Muslims on a no-fly list, advocacy

Read more:
http://sputniknews.com/us/20150904/1026 ... z3kihG7WS3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Records indicate DOJ execs aware of misconduct alleged in ATF case

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/ari ... /71625076/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Top U.S. Department of Justice officials withheld information from a
federal judge about judicial irregularities in a high-profile lawsuit
against the ATF, according to recently unsealed court documents.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015 ... stingrays/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FBI, DEA and others will now have to get a warrant to use stingrays
Ars Technica-19 minutes ago
The policy, which takes effect immediately, applies to its agencies,
including the FBI, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF),
the Drug Enforcement ...

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015 ... rveillance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2,000 cases may be overturned because police used secret Stingray surveillance
A motion filed Friday says the State’s Attorney’s office colluded with police to withhold ‘discovery’ material obtained via Stingrays from defendants

Friday 4 September 2015
More than 2,000 cases could be overturned in Baltimore as the first motion for a retrial is filed accusing the state’s attorney’s office and the police of “deliberate and wilful misrepresentation” of the use of the secret surveillance equipment known as Stingrays.

The motion, which was filed on behalf of defendant Shemar Taylor by attorney Josh Insley in the Baltimore city circuit court on Friday, says the state’s attorney’s office colluded with the police department to withhold “discovery” material from the defendants and the courts about the use of the Stingray device. Taylor was convicted of assault, robbery and firearm possession.

Manufactured by the Harris corporation and around the size of a briefcase, Stingrays are one of a class of surveillance devices known as “cell-site simulators”, which pretend to

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:45 pm

Former FBI Agent Robert Lustyik Sentenced in Bribery Case
September 15 2015

http://patch.com/new-york/tarrytown/for ... ibery-case" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sleepy Hollow resident, and former FBI agent, Robert Lustyik was sentenced Monday to five years in prison on bribery charges, according to ...

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:28 am

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/ISP- ... ted-135084" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ISP Owner Gagged by FBI National Security Letter 'Vindicated'

Tuesday Sep 15 2015
A US district court has struck down (pdf) an 11-year-old gag order imposed by the FBI on Nicolas Merrill, the boss of a small ISP forcibly muted from talking about government requests for user data. Merrill was first gagged back in 2004, and has been fighting the government ever since -- even going so far as to launch a new ISP focused specifically on user privacy in the expanding domestic surveillance age.

In 2001, the Patriot Act expanded the FBI’s authority to unilaterally demand that businesses and ISPs turn over user records -- and never talk about the request -- simply by sending a National Security Letter (NSL) claiming the data was needed for national security purposes.
While the Electronic Frontier Foundation believes roughly 300,000 such National Security Letters (NSL) have been sent since the Patriot Act was created, this is the first time ever such a gag order has been lifted.

"For more than a decade, the government has refused to allow Mr. Merrill and other NSL recipients to tell the public just how broadly the FBI has interpreted its authority to surveil individuals’ digital lives in secret using NSLs," Merrill said in a press release by his organization. "Tens of thousands of NSLs are issued by FBI officers every year without a warrant or judicial oversight of any kind."

US District Court Judge Victor Marrero found "no good reason" for the gag order, while implying the system, as designed potentially prevents "accountability of the government to the people."

"For more than a decade, the FBI has fought tooth and nail in order to prevent me from speaking freely about the NSL I received,” said Mr. Merrill. “Judge Marrero’s decision vindicates the public’s right to know how the FBI uses warrantless surveillance to peer into our digital lives. I hope today’s victory will finally allow Ame

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:50 am

'm not sure if you follow this blog. it is fantastic (so you probably already know it) but today's post is a must read (it's nothing new, but all put together in one place and so well-written):
https://www.privacysos.org/node/1704" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
------------
Sue Udry
Executive Director
Defending Dissent Foundation

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:19 am

FBI Unable to Determine Whether Police Deleted Cell Phone Video of Teen Being Stunned Repeatedly

An FBI investigation has been unable to determine whether Virginia Beach police deleted cellphone video of cops repeatedly stunning a teenager inside a car.

“There is insufficient evidence to prove that anyone tampered with the phone,” Macie Pridgen, a spokeswoman for the commonwealth’s attorney, told the Virginia Pilot.

Police sent the video the FBI for analysis, which came up inconclusive.

Still, the person who recorded the video, Courtney Griffith, plans to sue police for allegedly violating her civil rights, her attorney said.

The FBI “can’t confirm it happened, and they can’t confirm that it didn’t happen either,” her attorney, Scott Hallauer, said of video being deleted.

- See more at: http://www.ticklethewire.com/2015/09/17 ... dly/#.dpuf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:15 pm

Disgraced FBI agent John Morris gets off really easy in Black Mass

John Morris, played by David Harbour in Black Mass, is presented as a more sympathetic character in the movie.
Courtesy of Warner Bros. Picture

http://www.boston.com/entertainment/mov ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

| 09.18.15 | 3:36 PM
Like any movie based on a true story, Black Mass was bound to take dramatic license with the story of the FBI’s unholy alliance with James “Whitey” Bulger.

But no character is as mispresented as FBI agent John Morris.

The new movie, directed by Scott Cooper, accurately depicts the broad strokes of the characters: Whitey is still terrifying, FBI agent John Connolly is still corrupt, and Bulger sidekick Stephen Flemmi still kills people.

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

Former FBI agent John Morris.
Wendy Maeda / The Boston Globe
The John Morris of the film, played by David Harbour, is presented as a happy-go-lucky FBI agent who is reluctantly taken under Connolly’s influence into protecting Bulger. He soon realizes he is in way over his head, particularly during an intense dinner scene involving his family’s steak recipe. Finally, as a way to alleviate his guilty conscience, Morris gives details of Bulger’s FBI alliance to The Boston Globe.

The version of Morris depicted in Dick Lehr and Gerard O’Neill’s book Black Mass isn’t as forgiving. As Connolly’s direct supervisor, Morris was deeply embedded and responsible for Bulger’s murderous free reign.

Here are some of the things Morris did that were altered in the movie:

Morris hosted the dinners with Bulger

That dinner scene from the movie actuallyhappened numerous times, but with a twist: The dinners were actually hosted at Morris’s house, not at Connolly’s.

In 1978, federal prosecutors were set to indict Bulger and Flemmi among 21 other gang members in a blockbuster horse race-fixing case. Morris and Connolly went to the prosecutor and personally asked them to drop the charges for Bulger and Flemmi because they were high-level FBI informants. The prosecutor obliged.

Not long after, the gangsters were invited to Morris’s home, where they enjoyed each other’s company over a “social” dinner. Those dinners were fairly regular, even as Bulger and Flemmi’s body count piled up.

As a comparison, here’s the movie’s version of a dinner, in which Morris is the victim of Bulger’s bullying.

He promised Bulger and Flemmi immunity

In another dinner in 1985, Morris’s wife — not Connolly’s wife, as the movie depicts — expressed reservations about letting the bad guys into their home. Morris assured her it would b

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:52 pm

Watch and listen to the FBI agent
Darthard Perry whose job was to destroy black
culture

http://allhiphop.com/2015/09/20/a-forme ... -and-more/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Former Black FBI Agent Speaks About Martin, Malcolm, Music And More

September 20, 2015

In 1975, Darthard Perry, a former FBI agent, went on record and explained the lengths that the government goes to examine and study African American culture. The man, a self-proclaimed “infiltrator,” speaks – seemingly with pride – on how he helped tear down Black organizations and how the culture was flipped back on the people. “You can take their culture and use it against them,” he says in the video. The video is marveling to watch, albeit disgusting. The agent was interviewed by the legendary journalist Gil Nobel (RIP).

Documentary by Gil Noble on the intentional destruction of Black America by the FBI using infiltration, counter-intelligence programs and drugs. From Marcus Garvey to Paul Robeson to Martin Luther King to Malcolm X to Fred Hampton, to the Black Panthers to heroin and crack, the FBI has worked to destroy.

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:46 pm

September 21, 2015 - 05:57 PM EDT
Grassley wants answers on FBI whistleblower retaliation cases

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/s ... ower-cases" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) wants the FBI to explain why only five employees have been disciplined for retaliating against whistleblowers since 2004.

"In the past year alone, the Committee has received complaints from whistleblowers that suggest that the number of FBI supervisors who should have been punished for retaliatory conduct since 2004 is far greater than five," Grassley, the chairman of the Judiciary Committee, wrote in a letter to FBI Director James Comey on Monday.

The Iowa Republican also sent the letter to Sally Yates, the deputy attorney general, and Michael Horowitz, the inspector general for the Justice Department. He added, in the letter, that as of March 27, 2015, no FBI employees had been punished for retaliatory conduct since 2012.
Grassley wants Comey to explain the department's policy for investigating allegations of retaliation against whistleblowers and how discipline is determined, including what offices and officials are involved in conducting the probe and determining potential discipline.

According to a Government Accountability Office (GAO) report released earlier this year, 40 of 62 retaliation cases that were reviewed by the GAO were closed by the Justice Department because it didn't meet regulatory requirements, including that a retaliation complaint was made to the "wrong person."

Grassley wants to know how many cases dismissed because an employee didn't tell the correct person about their retaliation complaint; and how many of those cases were investigated by the FBI.

The Iowa Republican added that the "discrepancy" between FBI employees disciplined for whistleblower retaliation and the number of complaints the committee receives "merits continued oversight.

"Punishing such retaliators is necessary to change the culture of the Bureau and to send a clear message that retaliation will not be tolerated," he said.

According to the GAO report, the FBI can also "provide remedies" to whistleblowers who were retaliated against.

Grassley wants details on the remedies, how many FBI employees have received the remedies regardless of whether the employee who

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:06 pm

Why Are FBI Agents Trammeling the Rights of Antiwar Activists?

http://www.cato.org/publications/commen ... -activists" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

September 25, 2015

Five years ago this week, FBI agents raided the homes of six political activists of the Freedom Road Socialist Organization (FRSO) in Minnesota, Illinois and Wisconsin, as well as the office of the nonprofit Anti-War Committee. Those activists are still waiting to learn when, or even if, they will be charged or cleared.

As the St. Paul Pioneer Press reported on the day of the raid, “An FBI spokesman said agents were ‘seeking evidence related to an ongoing Joint Terrorism Task Force investigation into activities concerning the material support of terrorism. There is no imminent threat to the community, and we’re not planning any arrests at this time,’ said FBI Special Agent Steve Warfield of the Minneapolis office.”

A series of FBI documents left behind at Mick Kelly’s Minneapolis home shed more light on the FBI’s activities prior to the raid. But what is especially illuminating is the mindset the documents reveal, particularly some of the questions FBI agents were instructed to ask those being served with the search warrants, such as ”What did you do with the proceeds from the Revolutionary Lemonade Stand?” and ”Did you ever recruit anyone to go to Israel, the West Bank or Gaza?”

Only in February 2014, as a result of further legal action, would the search warrants for the raids be unsealed and the FBI’s use of surveillance and undercover operatives to penetrate the Anti-War Committee and the FRSO come to light.

According to the unsealed search warrants and supporting documents, the FBI began surveilling the FRSO shortly after the protests at the 2008 GOP convention, using a confidential informant. Whether the FBI had employed wiretaps obtained under the material support provision of the Patriot Act (as amended in 2006) is unclear. The FBI’s assertion about the group and the Anti-War Committee is that both acted as fronts for the funneling of money and other forms of support to Colombian and Palestinian groups labeled as foreign terrorist organizations by the State Department.

Kelly and the other political activists targeted by the FBI have long histories in the antiwar movement and related causes on the extreme political left. In 2011, Kelly settled a suit with the local police department over an excessive use of force incident during his protest outside the 2008 Republican National Convention.

Despite the FBI’s collection of over a hundred hours of recordings and its multiyear penetration of the two extreme leftist organizations, to date none of the activists have been charged with any crime.

It’s certainly not the first time the FBI has engaged in the harassment of political dissidents. Indeed, the FBI’s surveillance of antiwar activists dates back to at least World War I, to include surveillance of Nobel Peace Prize winner Jane Addams. The bureau has been an equal opportunity abuser of the rights of antiwar activists, whether on the left (like Addams and the FRSO) or on the libertarian side of the spectrum.

These incidents, while separated in time by nearly 100 years, also share another feature. No FBI agent or manager has ever been fired or prosecuted for violating the constitutional rights of those individuals or groups wrongly surveilled, harassed or charged.

Just four days prior to the FBI raids against the Anti-War Committee and the FRSO, the Department of Justice Inspector General [IG] released the results of an investigation into post-9/11 surveillance of peace groups and other domestic dissidents up through 2006.

As Andrew Cohen wrote in The Atlantic at the time, the IG investigation found that the bureau “engaged in tactics and strategies toward those groups and their members that were inappropriate, misleading and in some cases counterproductive. Moreover, the OIG accused FBI witnesses of continuing to the present day to thwart a full and complete investigation into the matter by offering ‘incomplete and inconsistent accounts of events.’”

A similar oversight investigation of the FBI’s raids against the Anti-War Committee and the FRSO—whether done by the IG or Congress—is long overdue. So is real accountability for government agencies whose employees flagrantly and repeatedly violate the rights of the citizens who pay their salaries.

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:22 pm

New Yorker: Assets and Liabilities – “Nobody knows how many confidential informants are working for the F.B.I. at any time, but in a 2008 budget request the bureau put the number at fifteen thousand. After the degree of official complicity in Bulger’s crimes was revealed, the Department of Justice ordered the F.B.I. to track any crimes committed by its informants. In a 2013 letter, the bureau disclosed that in the prior year it had authorized informants to break the law on 5,939 occasions.”

USA Today: FBI allowed informants to commit 5,600 crimes — “The FBI gave its informants permission to break the law at least 5,658 times in a single year, according to newly disclosed documents that show just how often the nation’s top law enforcement agency enlists criminals to help it battle crime.”

https://onpoint.wbur.org/2015/09/25/bla ... informants" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:53 pm

When you hear gunshots in a shut-down Dealey Plaza next week, blame Stephen King and James Franco | Dallas Morning News

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2015 ... anco.html/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:04 am

http://spartacus-educational.com/JFKturnerW.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

William Turner was born in Buffalo, New York, in 1927. At seventeen he enlisted in the United States Navy. During the Second World War he served on board an LST in the Pacific.

After the war Turner enrolled at Canisius College, a Jesuit school, and in 1949 obtained a degree in chemistry. Turner also played semi-professional baseball and ice hockey.

Turner joined the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in 1951. He worked for the FBI for ten years but grew increasingly concerned with the way J. Edgar Hoover ran the organization. Turner became convinced that Hoover was placing too much emphasis on the dangers of the American Communist Party. Instead, he felt he should be using more resources to tackle organized crime. In 1961 Turner was dismissed from the FBI. He hired Edward Bennett Williams and sued the FBI but lost. However he did manage to get anti-Hoover testimony by other agents into the record.

Turner became a journalist. In 1963 he investigated the assassination of President John F. Kennedy and concluded that he was the victim of a conspiracy. Later he worked with Jim Garrison, the district attorney of New Orleans. Turner and Garrison argued that a group of right-wing activists, including Guy Bannister, David Ferrie, Carlos Bringuier and Clay Shaw were involved in a conspiracy with the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to kill Kennedy. Turner and Garrison claimed this was in retaliation for his attempts to obtain a peace settlement in both Cuba and Vietnam.

Turner argued that the Kennedy assassination was a paramilitary operation, with riflemen firing from at least three angles. Stephen Rivele agreed with this viewpoint and in the television documentary, The Men Who Killed Kennedy, named Lucien Sarti as being the gunman on the grassy knoll.

Assassination of John F. Kennedy Encyclopedia

Turner later became senior editor of the radical magazine Ramparts. Under the editorship of Warren Hinckle, the magazine became the voice of the American New Left. It was also highly critical of the Warren Commission. In a series of articles he revealed abuses perpetrated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Central Intelligence Agency. He also explored the assassinations of John F. Kennedy , Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King.

Books by Turner include Hoover's FBI: The Men and the Myth (1970), Power on the Right (1973), The Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy(1978), The Fish Is Red: The Story of the Secret War Against Castro (1981),Deadly Secrets (1992) (with Warren Hinckle), his autobiography, Rearview Mirror: Looking Back at the FBI, the CIA and Other Tails (2001). In his book he published details of wiretapping and bugging abuses by the FBI, its secret campaign against left-wing groups such as Cesar Chavez's United Farm Workers Union and the stealth war against Cuba.

Turner also argues that John F. Kennedy was assassinated because he was planning to withdraw American forces from Vietnam. He also argued that Robert Kennedy was murdered because if he had been elected president he would have ordered a full investigation into his brother's death.

In 2004 Turner published Mission Not Accomplished: How Bush Lost the War on Terrorism (2004).

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:46 am

http://www.wnyc.org/story/murky-ethics- ... -strategy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Murky Ethics of the FBI's Counterterrorism Strategy

Oct 5, 2015

In his new documentary (T)ERROR, David Felix Sutcliffe (along with his co-director Lyric Cabral) follows both sides of an FBI counterterrorism sting operation. Along the way, they raise questions about the government's tactics and justifications for its sometimes ethically

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:33 pm

Peace activist's Oak Ridge photos prompt visit by fed terror team

6:34 PM, Oct 6, 2015

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/local-news ... m_60324189" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reverend Ralph Hutchinson speaks at a rally at Bissell Park to protest the making of nuclear weapons on Aug. 8, 2015.
Ralph Hutchison, peace activist and longtime coordinator of the Oak Ridge Environmental Peace Alliance, said he got a surprise visit Monday morning from two agents who flashed their badges and identified themselves as being with the FBI's Joint Terrorism Task Force.

According to Hutchison, the officers said they'd received reports that he had been taking photographs of the Uranium Processing Facility and wanted to ask him some questions.

The UPF is a multibillion-dollar project under development at the Y-12 nuclear weapons plant in Oak Ridge.

Hutchison noted there is no UPF at this point — construction hasn't yet begun — but he said he told the officers that he visits the exterior of Y-12 on a regular basis for peace vigils and other demonstrations about the production of nuclear weapons. He said he had probably visited hundreds of times and had probably taken thousands of photographs.

The activist said he wondered if he was targeted simply because his group opposes the UPF, which would be used to process bomb-grade uranium.

Joyce McCants, a public affairs officer in the FBI's Knoxville Office, said she could not confirm or deny whether members of the Joint Terrorism Task Force visited Hutchison's home on Monday. She also would not confirm if the individuals identified by Hutchison were FBI agents.

Hutchison said agents told him that someone had reported his license plate number after he was seen taking photographs in Oak Ridge, apparently at a leased facility on Union Valley Road where engineers worked on the UPF design. He said those pictures were taken on Sept. 6 and posted on the group's website. He questioned why federal agents would wait and come to his home a month later if there was actually a terrorist concern.

It's either "a stupid, incompetent waste of taxpayer money" or a deliberate process in which "someone was determined to follow up on this with me at my home," Hutchison said. Agents could have easily asked him questions on the phone or come to Y-12 on any Sunday evening, when the group stages a peace vigil across the street from the plant, he said.

msfreeh
Level 34 Illuminated

Postby msfreeh » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:01 am

How the FBI Tracking Twitter Destroys Personal Freedoms

http://www.topsecretwriters.com/2015/10 ... -freedoms/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

12 October 2015

Freedom of speech is a pretty big deal in the United States. It’s part of the very first amendment and it guarantees citizens the civil liberty to express their opinions and ideas without fear of government reaction and retaliation. It is this liberty that is the core foundation of “The Land of the Free” and a major reason why many people are so fond of the ‘ol U.S. of A.

Of course, there are exceptions. You can’t use free speech to threaten harm or illegal activity. You also can’t use freedom of speech to justify child pornography. What you say or create can’t meet the criteria of the Three Prong Obscenity Test (1). The restrictions are basically a legal way to say “use common sense.”

As long as you use this common sense, you should be able to speak, share, and create whatever you like with the support of the country’s oldest rule book. That doesn’t mean your statements won’t get you in trouble. Posts and comments have notoriously cost people their jobs, but the Constitution only protects your freedoms from the government (2).

Freedom Threatened

Lately, however, this freedom has been called into question as the public

Return to “News”