Israeli Air Force Hits 5 Targets in Gaza.........

Discuss political news items / current events.
Mullenite
captain of 1,000

Israeli Air Force Hits 5 Targets in Gaza.........

Post by Mullenite »

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite? ... 2FShowFull

TheJerusalenPost
By Rebecca A. Stoil

Israeli Air Force Hits 5 Targets in Gaza..............

As the air strikes were under way, Defense Minister Ehud Barak was visiting the college in Sderot, where Roni Yihye, 47, a father of four and a student at the school, was killed by shrapnel from a Kassam rocket that struck meters away from where he stood in a parking lot. Barak met with local leaders and police commanders to coordinate a plan of action for emergency responders and civil authorities.

The shrapnel lodged in Yihye's chest, and despite the aid of passersby, including a Magen David Adom paramedic who studies at the school, an MDA team was unable to resuscitate him.

Another student in the school's parking lot was wounded in the leg by shrapnel, a victim of a second volley of Kassams that hit the Sderot area in less than 90 minutes.

Yihye lived in Moshav Bit'ha, near Ofakim, and was a career soldier studying logistics at the college.

The largest barrage in recent months began in the early afternoon, when Hamas fired 11 rockets at Sderot, in response, the group said, to the IDF's killing of five Hamas gunmen in the morning. The five, according to security establishment assessments, had recently received training overseas to carry out a major attack against an Israeli target.

The Abu Rish Brigades, a branch of Fatah representing a powerful Gaza clan and believed to be allied with Hamas, issued a statement Wednesday afternoon claiming responsibility for the first attacks of the afternoon.

But immediately afterward, Hamas issued its own statement claiming responsibility for the rocket that hit Sapir. Both groups said the attacks were a response to IAF strikes in the Gaza Strip.

The IAF launched a strike targeting what they said was the Kassam cell responsible for the barrage that killed Yihye. Palestinians claimed that three children were killed and 12 civilians were wounded in that strike.

A video released Wednesday showed footage of Kassams fired from residential areas in Gaza, a scenario that makes it difficult to strike back against rocket-launching cells without harming civilians.

"The firing of rockets by Hamas at Israeli civilians from within populated Palestinian areas is a war crime that harms both Israelis and Palestinians," the Foreign Ministry said in a statement. "Hamas's terrorism not only endangers the lives of Israeli and Palestinian civilians, it also endangers peace and stability in the region as a whole."

Later, in the early evening, four Grad-style missiles, Soviet-made devices similar to the Katyushas used by Hizbullah against communities in the North, and with greater range than Kassam rockets, hit Ashkelon, causing major power outages. One missile struck 150 meters from Barzilai Hospital, where victims of the earlier attacks on Sderot were being treated.

Barzilai officials said that other than the windows, the hospital was not reinforced against rocket attacks.

In the first barrage of the day, which was unusually large and well-aimed, a rocket slammed through the roof of the Of Kor factory, located less than a kilometer from Sapir in Sderot's industrial zone. It caused massive damage to the workers' dining hall.

The dining hall, in which some 150 employees ate lunch less than two hours before the strike, was not reinforced against rocket attacks. One woman, who was cleaning up the remains of the midday meal, was treated for shock. Three other people in Sderot were also treated for shock following the first barrage.

The factory's owner, Meir Cohen, said the building had been constructed in the 1960s and had no fortified rooms. Cohen said he had asked the relevant authorities to install protective reinforcement, but that his requests had gone unanswered.

In 2006, Of Kor employee Ya'acov Yaakobov was killed when a Kassam - one of almost a dozen to hit the factory in the last seven years - crashed through the ceiling and landed meters away, sending shrapnel into his head.

Even after the first two barrages sent nearly 20 rockets at the western Negev, the hail of Kassams continued, with around 30 more rockets fired at Sderot and nearby kibbutzim and moshavim.

Starting on Thursday, some bomb shelters in Sderot that had been repaired - and then locked to prevent damage or theft - will be unlocked and made available for use. One such bomb shelter stood only a few meters from where 10-year-old Yossi Haimov was wounded by a Kassam on Monday afternoon.

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Israeli Air Force Hits 5 Targets in Gaza.........

Post by Proud 2b Peculiar »

Sad. I am so sick of war....

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

LoveChrist wrote:Sad. I am so sick of war....
Same, but I'm even moreso of those who profit from war... these people are the real enemy! Is it any coincidence that Afghanistan's opium crop has exploded in the last five years since we went in or that not one penny of Iraqi oil has gone to finance our 'Iraq war', like Bush said it would in 2003??? War is big business... it always has been and always will be. All hail Halliburton, KBR, the Carlyle Group and Blackwater!!! :x

a-train
captain of 100

Post by a-train »

I'm sick of the racist and bigotted immigration and citizenship policies of the State of Israel. I find it ridiculous that the west so vehemently supports a state that imposes heavy discrimination from their central governement.

If a group of Mormons were to establish a state that discriminated in this manner, I would stand strongly against such policies. I would not expect our Church leadership to advocate policies that would restrict immigration and citizenship to a particular race and/or religion enforced militarily and barbarously. The Zion Joseph Smith talked about does NOT have such a policy. Let our witness of this phony 'zionism' be a lesson to those of us who seek to build Zion according to the will of the LORD.

When government treatment of civilians is discriminatory and brutal, civilian resistance is to be expected. Let us therefore not be surprised that people in the region take matters into their own hands.

Let us also not forget that the formulation of the State of Israel was assisted by Zionist terrorists who not only were defined as terrorists by British authorities, but openly advocated terrorism as a means to create the Zionist state.

What is ironic and chilling is that the most prominent Zionist terror squad was called Lehi. The notion they held with which I can agree is that 'terrorism' and acts of war are essentially one and the same. The group was more of an assasination squad which murdered more Jews than non-Jews funded through bank robberies among other sources. They also drove a truck of bombs into a police station and bombed trains.

This group also worked WITH the NAZI's for the Zionist agenda in putting off British control of Palestine and in bringing the Jews out of Europe and into a 'Zionist' state. The NAZI's agreed to recognize the 'Zionist' state and assist in moving Jews there for assistance in the war against allied forces. 'Lehi' openly defined the state's borders 'from the River of Egypt to the great Euphrates River.' (Genesis 15:18)

This group was granted amnesty in 1949 by the State of Israel and in 1980 it awarded the 'Lehi Ribbon' (a military ribbon) to former members. As this group and it's views have therefore found governmental acception and status in the new 'Zionist State', it is no wonder why the middle east is fearful of them and their tactics. The official platform of Lehi defined the non-Jews in the region as 'aliens' who are to be dealt with through a policy of 'population exchange'.

I cannot see at all how U.S. citizens should feel compelled to uphold this group or be surprised or angered by the resistance they face in their murderous and plunderous goals.

I can only imagine what our feelings would be if such activity were going on in the name of Mormonism wherein the establishment of a 'State of Mormon' in Independence, MO were implemented through such tactics.

Perhaps the bombs that are coming in resistance to 'Zionism' would not come if their 'Zion' was a 'Zion' of peace, a safe-haven for the poor in spirit, a city whereby 'all families of the earth [shall] be blessed', a city of those who do not kill, who do not steal, who follow God's commandments.

'And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him. But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.' (Lev 19:33-34)

While I have great sympathy for the afflicted innocents in this conflict, we must admit that if we are to see an end to it, we must understand it. Arab and Persian rensentment and even hatred of the 'Zionist State', the Jews in general, and Judaism in general is not the cause, but the effect of this situation.

-a-train

SwissMrs&Pitchfire
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by SwissMrs&Pitchfire »

We are the biggest debtor nation. They are one of the few fairly prosperous nations. Why is it that we are constantly giving them our tax payers money?

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

Because that is where the money trail has gone for a long long time, and you know, we have to keep up with tradition.

I think there may be a reason the world turns on that area eventually.. like maybe they figure out the reason for the tradition.

AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by AussieOi »

a-train wrote:I'm sick of the racist and bigotted immigration and citizenship policies of the State of Israel. -a-train

Don't worry

Everyone else is also sick of that slimy little country called Israel.

The problem is the evil luciferian worms who run the Knesset don't give a toss about humanity, or peace. They are warmongers and have manipulated their gullible little servants around the world to perpetuate self censorship that any criticism of the STATE of Israel is now equated with Anti-Semitism, and of course anti-semitism is the same as denying "THE" holocaust, which is actually worse than doing anything about those holocausts that have since happened or are happening. You wanna be in the finance industry and dare say anything critical of the state of israel and its sick policies. wanna be a journalist and try and have balance, not likely.

but, as we saw with what they did to Lebanon last year, and their continual whinging, everyone is pretty well sick of them.

NOW, it is important to recognise that criticising jews/ judaism because of the oppressive acts of the israeli govt is not proper, and anti-semitism is against the principles of our faith and as damaging and stupid as anti-mormonism.

to that i would suggest looking into such web sites as True Torah Jews, and jewsagainst zionism.

as you will see, real jews as in religious jews, don't like the state of israel,and if you think about it, are the recipients of misdirected anger against the state of israel. cui bono eh? who benefits? exactly

once you have looked into that, go to google images and look into the new supreme court of israel.

Its still Genocide, just one person at a time.

that i am a self hating jew is also irrelevant. also, if you read latter day scripture you will see that Israel is preserved for Israel, and who is Israel today? yep, its us LDS.

Just like who gets to inherit the north american continent birthright? yep, the lamanites- indians and polynesians.

AussieOi
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by AussieOi »

SwissMrs&Pitchfire wrote:We are the biggest debtor nation. They are one of the few fairly prosperous nations. Why is it that we are constantly giving them our tax payers money?

Why? because they own you and you are their b*itch, thats why.

and why is that? because your media is run by those Zionists who care and are activists, and get their act together, and band together to silence opposition and dissent, just like we could do as LDS if we were united and activists like them (but then everyone would be sick of us).

You know that, I read your long post of that phone conversation, Morty.

Plus they have bugged the phones of all politicians and have lots of photos of them in compromising positions. Quite simply their intelligence got its act together early on, and they own us. You gotta give Golda Meir a lot of credit. She makes that Hoover pervert look like a 12 year old girl in comparison (and she probably had pictures of him dressed like a 12yr old girl, but thats another thread)

And those who they couldn't bribe they've convinced them that it is their messianic responsibility to support the state of Israel against the evil empire of Islam.

a-train
captain of 100

Post by a-train »

AussieOi wrote:
SwissMrs&Pitchfire wrote:And those who they couldn't bribe they've convinced them that it is their messianic responsibility to support the state of Israel against the evil empire of Islam.
Why do you always have to bring Mitt Romney into everything?

What is the average LDS view of the Israeli/Palestinian situation?

Check this 1972 Ensign article:

http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnex ... &hideNav=1
A few religious Jews have always lived in and about Jerusalem, and additional religious idealists established little communities before the 1880s. The majority of immigrants thereafter have been predominantly secular Zionists.
I wasn't alive in 1972, I missed that article.

-a-train

Proud 2b Peculiar
Level 34 Illuminated

AussieOi wrote:
SwissMrs&Pitchfire wrote:We are the biggest debtor nation. They are one of the few fairly prosperous nations. Why is it that we are constantly giving them our tax payers money?

Why? because they own you and you are their b*itch, thats why.

and why is that? because your media is run by those Zionists who care and are activists, and get their act together, and band together to silence opposition and dissent, just like we could do as LDS if we were united and activists like them (but then everyone would be sick of us).

You know that, I read your long post of that phone conversation, Morty.

Plus they have bugged the phones of all politicians and have lots of photos of them in compromising positions. Quite simply their intelligence got its act together early on, and they own us. You gotta give Golda Meir a lot of credit. She makes that Hoover pervert look like a 12 year old girl in comparison (and she probably had pictures of him dressed like a 12yr old girl, but thats another thread)

And those who they couldn't bribe they've convinced them that it is their messianic responsibility to support the state of Israel against the evil empire of Islam.
That is true, I mean you hear so many of them talk about needing to protect the Israel state, like Bush and Huckabee and many others.

DennisTate
Hi, I'm new.

Post by DennisTate »

Proud 2b Peculiar wrote: February 28th, 2008, 12:52 pm Sad. I am so sick of war....
An American has came up with a solution to the
rockets being shot at the Israeli town of Sderot that
is sure worth praying about.
Dennis.....the ONLY WAY...to do this is to have installed a U.S. Military FEL...or FREE ELECTRON LASER provided power by at least two A1B Fission Reactors.

Then use one of the new OVER 5000 QUIBIT....actual number of Quibits is CLASSIFIED....Quantum Computers as before Quantum Processors they had to use these large but very powerful NETWORKED IBM SUPER COMPUTERS......but these would have to be tied into some SERIOUS HARDCORE ACTIVE RADAR SYSTEMS....and there would have to be LAND BASED RADAR, SATELLITE BASED RADAR, AIRCRAFT CARRIED RADAR......AND SHIP DEPLOYED RADAR.

The U.S. FEL when properly provided power is capable of VAPORIZING A 1 TO 1.5 CM HOME THROUGH 1000 FEET OF SOLID STEEL!!!

The ONLY way that it would be possible to stop all Rocket Attacks on Israel.....would be to have a MULTILE LAYERED DETECTION SYSTEM...Radar, IR-Light, Atmospheric Displacement Detection...etc....and the ONLY Nation that has such systems of the FEL is THE UNITED STATES.

Anyone could carry a small rocket with a 2 mile range and launch it wherever they put it down and this rocket could have a small BUT LETHAL PAYLOAD.....enough to kill a family having a PICNIC LUNCH....so the ONLY way to stop something like this is first.....

#1. MULTIPLE LAYERS OF DETECTION.

#2. EITHER QUANTUM COMPUTERS OR NETWORKED IBM SUPER COMPUTERS FOR TARGETING THE FEL.

#3. AT LEAST 2 A1B NUCLEAR REACTORS SUPPLYING POWER TO THE FREE ELECTRON LASERS SO THAT THE MISSILES WARHEAD AND WARHEAD ALONE IS TARGETTED AND VAPORIZED.

#4. An FEL or FREE ELECTRON LASER SYSTEM....and the U.S. doesn't just lend these out and just one probably costs more than the entire 3 Year GDP of Israel.

#5. PEOPLE TO RUN IT!!! As only the American Techs. are going to understand how to use this.

So....unless someone comes out with STAR TREKIAN SHEILDS.....the FEL is the ONLY ACTUAL EXISTING SYSTEM THAT CAN DO THIS!!!

AboveAlpha