THAT's LIFE...

Discuss political news items / current events.
Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

This Black Gun Club Is All About Open Carry

Post by Joel »

I would love to see a huge roll back of the gun laws and see more guns on the streets

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Black Gun Ownership On The Rise In The Age Of Donald Trump

Post by Joel »

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: THAT's LIFE...

Post by Joel »

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

HAUNTED TOASTER

Post by Joel »

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

The Homeschooled Kids Who Shoot To Kill

Post by Joel »

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

https://www.westernjournal.com/german-c ... tyalliance

"German Catholic cardinal publicly approved heresy Saturday, declaring that priests are permitted to bless homosexual unions despite official church doctrine to the contrary. Cardinal Reinhard Marx said that “there can be no rules” concerning the question of whether a priest can bless a homosexual relationship in the name of God and such a decision should be made on a case by case basis and left up to priests. Marx’s assertion directly contradicts the Catholic Catechism’s teaching on homosexuality and marriage."

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

http://www.gopusa.com/?p=38782?omhide=true

"Kern County Superior Court Judge David Lampe has ruled that owner Cathy Miller can continue to refuse to make wedding cakes for same sex couples.
“The State cannot succeed on the facts presented as a matter of law. The right to freedom of speech under the First Amendment outweighs the State’s interest in ensuring a freely accessible marketplace,” Lampe wrote in his ruling on Monday. “The right of freedom of thought guaranteed by the First Amendment includes the right to speak, and the right to refrain from speaking. Sometimes the most profound protest is silence.”
The case, which has received national attention, began in August when Miller — a conservative Christian — refused to make a wedding cake for Mireya and Eileen Rodriguez-Del Rio.
Miller said it went against her Christian beliefs to make a cake for a same sex couple.
The Rodriguez-Del Rioses made a complaint to the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing that Miller had violated the Unruh Civil Rights Act.
“The difference here is that the cake in question is not yet baked,” Lampe wrote. “The State is not petitioning the court to order defendants to sell a cake. The State asks this court to compel Miller to use her talents to design and create a cake she has not yet conceived with the knowledge that her work will be displayed in celebration of a marital union her religion forbids. For this court to force such compliance would do violence to the essentials of Free Speech guaranteed under the First Amendment.”
LiMandri expressed his satisfaction with the outcome in a statement Monday evening.
“This is a significant victory for faith and freedom because the judge indicated in his ruling that the State cannot succeed in this case as a matter of law. No doubt the California officials will continue their persecution of Cathy, but it is clear that she has the Constitution on her side,” he wrote.
Miller said Tuesday she was surprised and overjoyed by the ruling.
“We were so joyful. We weren’t expecting it to be so soon. We started screaming and praising God because we felt we had been heard,” she said.
She said she respected the distinction Lampe made between the sales of a cake and the creation of one.
“I am very happy to serve everything from my cases to anybody,” she said. “But I cannot be a part of a celebration that goes against my lord and savior.”
Miller thanked her lawyers who she called, “amazing men of god.”
:D

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

http://www.gopusa.com/?p=38877?omhide=true

"A high school in New York has pulled its musical The Hunchback of Notre Dame after social justice student activists complained about a leading role being handed to a white student.
“Protests of the production began when an African-American student quit Ithaca High School’s musical production due to the role of Esmeralda being given to a white classmate,”

" the Hunchback, was in Paris which historically at the time had a black population of about Zero. "

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

https://conservativetribune.com/liberal ... tyalliance

Jesse Farrar is a self-described “Vice Sports Fantasy Guy” and “Deadspin’s Beer Idiot” who has two books on Amazon and has written for Vice Sports, Sports Illustrated, Vice, Deadspin, Munchies, The Daily Dot, the Billfold, and more.He writes, “They should hold the conservative students heads under water until they stop breathing.” Farrar made it clear he wasn’t joking.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

North Korean cheerleaders

Post by Joel »

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

https://conservativetribune.com/teacher ... tyalliance

"A teacher in England is out of a job for a stunning reason: She’s a Christian, and was honest about her beliefs when asked."

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Glyphosate is a non-selective herbicide registered for use on many food and non-food crops as well as non-crop areas where total vegetation control is desired. The most common uses include control of broadleaf weeds and grasses in: hay/pasture, soybeans, field corn; ornamentals, lawns, turf, forest plantings, greenhouses, rights-of-way. Glyphosate is a very dangerous chemical that is everywhere.
Glyphosate is the active ingredient in Monsanto’s signature Roundup, and is the most common pesticide in the world. the use of glyphosate has made hundreds of millions of people susceptible to developing new illnesses. Glyphosates to desiccate wheat fields is most likely the reason people are gluten intolerant or developing celiac disease. Inflammation is the number one cause of disease today, and it can be connected to glyphosates. Gut dysbiosis, brought on by exposure to glyphosate, plays a crucial role in the development of celiac disease. Many CYP enzymes are impaired in association with celiac disease, glyphosate's known suppression of CYP enzyme activity in plants and animals plausibly explains this effect in humans...refrain from eating non-organic grains. because of how they are farmed, there is nothing good about eating wheat and gluten-containing foods.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Pastor says nothing weird was going on with bound naked man in car

A Pennsylvania pastor insists he was merely counseling a naked man whom cops found bound with nylon rope in a parked car on a residential street, saying, “I have nothing to hide.”

George Nelson Gregory, 61, was sitting in the back seat of a car parked outside a house in Homestead when cops — responding to a call about a suspicious vehicle — spotted a naked man bound with nylon rope in the front seat around 11:30 p.m. Friday, KDKA reported.

A witness told police the naked man got out of the car in full view of his daughter’s window.

Gregory told the officers that he and the unidentified man were “just playing” in a consensual setting, adding that they “meet up from time to time to play with each other,” according to a criminal complaint obtained by the station.

And despite being inside a car on a well-lit public street, Gregory believed they were in a private setting, cops said.

Gregory, who could not be reached for comment Tuesday, still disputed what cops said about the bizarre ordeal, telling a KDKA reporter he has “nothing to hide.”

“I did nothing wrong,” Gregory told the station, adding that he and the man were approached by police because the officer thought somebody in the car was unconscious.

“I was counseling a young man with a drug problem,” Gregory told the station. “It did turn strange, but it wasn’t my doing, OK? And I was adamant that I’m participating in that way. And so that’s when the police pulled up, and they assume things, but I’m standing by my story. It’s not true.”

Gregory said he and his wife have been trying to help the man for years.

“I won’t deny that he began to take his clothes off and propositioned me, but I will deny, on a stack of Bibles with God as my witness, that I did nothing,” Gregory told KDKA.

Gregory and the unidentified man will receive a summons for open lewdness and indecent exposure, accusations the pastor disputes, since it wasn’t he who was naked at the time, he said.

“There’s no reason for me to be charged with open lewdness,” he said.

Gregory serves as a preacher at the Waterfront Christian Community Church in West Homestead, according to its website.

“If you have ever heard him preach or teach, you will agree that he is definitely using the gifts God gave him,” Gregory’s bio on the website reads. “George has a way of presenting messages from God’s word, the Bible, in such a way that you walk away saying, ‘now it makes sense.’ He speaks with clarity and conviction. There is no doubt that George believes and lives what he preaches.”

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Dr Bawa-Garba: Who's to blame when a medical tragedy occurs? - Health - ABC News

"Dr Bawa-Garba was convicted of manslaughter on the grounds of gross negligence in November 2015. She was then suspended from practice for 12 months by an independent tribunal.
But Britain's regulator of doctors, the General Medical Council, appealed that decision. They wanted her permanently struck off the medical register, arguing the doctor failed to act on signs Jack was seriously ill and therefore contributed to his death.
Last month the High Court of England and Wales found in favour of the GMC and struck off Dr Bawa-Garba for life.
In its decision, the High Court found that the tribunal had failed to adequately sanction Dr Bawa-Garba — given that a jury had decided her conduct was "truly exceptionally bad".

"This misconduct by manslaughter by gross negligence involved a particularly serious departure from the principles of "Good Medical Practice," and the behaviour was fundamentally incompatible with being a doctor," Justice Ouseley wrote in his High Court decision."

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/16/am ... ssion=true

"An unknown perpetrator had taken down the flag at Hurricane High School, which is in the Washington County School District, and replaced it with “what looked like a flag used by ISIS,” police said.

The American flag was left shredded at the scene. The words “ISIS is COMI” had been spray-painted on a wall on the school’s east side, KUTV reported.

Ken Thompson, a spokesman for Hurricane Police department, said authorities don’t know if the perpetrator was a student or someone from outside the community.

Hurricane Police sent additional officers to the school Thursday to reassure students and faculty of their safety. "

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Elizabeth wrote: February 10th, 2018, 8:37 pm https://conservativetribune.com/liberal ... tyalliance

Jesse Farrar is a self-described “Vice Sports Fantasy Guy” and “Deadspin’s Beer Idiot” who has two books on Amazon and has written for Vice Sports, Sports Illustrated, Vice, Deadspin, Munchies, The Daily Dot, the Billfold, and more.He writes, “They should hold the conservative students heads under water until they stop breathing.” Farrar made it clear he wasn’t joking.
It's astonishing how many of these types of comments are coming the left, especially from high-profile 'celebrities, with many of them directed against Trump. I've never seen anything like it.

Think of where this leads when this faction gains greater political power. I can imagine a kind of 'legal creep', where more and more PC requirements become law, and with more severe penalties being affixed to any infraction of them, as time goes on.

It seems to be very much the same kind of sentiment that created the Soviet Union, with it deadly Gulags, and countless executions.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Elizabeth wrote: February 15th, 2018, 12:29 pm Image

This mornings Deseret News had a blurb at the top of its front page saying: "What''s the buzz around the Black Panther? A guide to Marvel's first black superhero, character and setting", which was pointing the reader to the Weekend & Entertainment section which has a whole section front page devoted to the 'first black superhero'.

Can you imagine the reaction to a new superhero, that flaunted its white racial status? It would likely be horrific.

If white racism against black is bad, black or 'liberal' racism against white is just as bad. How many blacks are aware of slavery among blacks that is still perpetrated in Muslim countries?

I wonder when the 'left' and others are going to start accusing the Church of racism because of its use of white clothing in the Temple?

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

https://conservativetribune.com/chris-r ... tyalliance

"Comedian Chris Rock in a new comedy special for Netflix, joked about “racist” police shooting white people to make it appear as though they aren’t racist.“Here’s my question,” Rock began in his “Tambourine” special. “You would think that cops would occasionally shoot a white kid just to make it look good. You would think every couple of months they’d look at their dead n**** calendar and go, ‘Oh my God, we’re up to 16! We gotta shoot a white kid quick!'”
“I wanna live in a world with real equality,” he continued. “I want to live in a world where an equal amount of white kids are shot every month. I wanna see white mothers on TV, crying, standing next to Al Sharpton, talkin’ about, ‘We need justice for Chad.'

Just imagine if the roles were reversed. If a white comedian made a similar joke about shooting blacks on purpose, the outrage would be astronomical. Where’s the outrage now? All we hear is crickets."

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

:?:
$37 Million To Family Of Korryn Gaines
Video of her and her son in the house during the Police stand off ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8QyK99n59E

during a traffic stop some time earlier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZODTT-r4Gw

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Why was the invasion by the Japanese and the destruction in Darwin keep quiet :confused: While the attack on Pearl Harbour was broadcast to the world.

Bombing of Darwin digger returns for the first time in over 70 years - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

74th Anniversary of Executive Order 9066

Today marks the 74th anniversary of Executive Order 9066, which led to the imprisonment of 120,000 Japanese Americans.

More than two-thirds of these people were native born American citizens. They were confined in inland internment camps operated by the military. Abruptly forced to abandon or sell their homes and businesses, many lost everything they owned.

Despite this injustice, thousands of young Japanese American men from the camps volunteered to serve in the nation’s military, where they distinguished themselves with extraordinary valor in combat. The 442nd Regimental Combat Team (RCT), comprised entirely of Japanese Americans, became the most decorated unit in U.S. military history for its size and length of service.

The Supreme Court upheld the President’s Executive order in two wartime cases. But in the 1980s, the United States Congress acknowledged this gross violation of the civil liberties of American citizens and voted to provide some financial compensation to individuals confined in the camps. The Supreme Court also vacated its earlier wartime rulings.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

‘Christian rifles’ to fight ISIS sold in Florida

Post by Joel »