snowpack Is the seven years of preparation?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

snowpack Is the seven years of preparation?

Post by markharr »

snowpack well over 100% in most of Utah. Other states have well over 100% as well.

https://www.ksl.com/?nid=978

Is this part of the seven years of plenty that is needed to get us through the seven years of tribulation?

my assumption is that extra water will mean a bumper crop in the fall

justme
captain of 1,000

Re: snowpack Is the seven years of preparation?

Post by justme »

markharr wrote: March 29th, 2019, 11:40 am snowpack well over 100% in most of Utah. Other states have well over 100% as well.

Is this part of the seven years of plenty that is needed to get us through the seven years of tribulation?

Isn't snowpack above average about half the time. Or is this like Lake Wobegone where all the kids are above average.

So what would make this seven years different than any 7 years over the last centuries or the upcoming centuries.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

justme wrote: March 29th, 2019, 12:41 pm
markharr wrote: March 29th, 2019, 11:40 am snowpack well over 100% in most of Utah. Other states have well over 100% as well.

Isn't snowpack above average about half the time. Or is this like Lake Wobegone where all the kids are above average.

So what would make this seven years different than any 7 years over the last centuries or the upcoming centuries.
I would think it is self evident that

100% = average
>100% = Subaverage
<100% = above average.

We are 200% in some areas, so no, this is not the norm.

I AM
captain of 1,000

Post by I AM »

-----------------
I would like to know
what this "seven years of plenty " is all about ?
because I personally don't believe it.
The 7 years of tribulation has probably already started,
and if not very very soon,
much sooner than in 7 years.

do you have any scriptures ?

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

I AM wrote: March 30th, 2019, 9:16 am

-----------------
I would like to know

Genesis 41

If you believe in the seven years of tribulation, you believe in the seven years of preperation because there is no scriptural example of there being the former without the latter. You can debate when they begin or when they start but there is always a seven years of plenty before the seven years of famine.

I disagree that we are in the seven years of tribulation. if we were there would be widespread famine, war and disease, and we would be in an economic depression In my opinion, the seven years of plenty started with the sep 2017 eclipse, and the seven years of tribulation will start with the April 2024 eclipse

I AM
captain of 1,000

Post by I AM »

markharr wrote: March 30th, 2019, 9:38 am

-----------------
I would like to know

Genesis 41

If you believe in the seven years of tribulation, you believe in the seven years of preperation because there is no scriptural example of there being the former without the latter. You can debate when they begin or when they start but there is always a seven years of plenty before the seven years of famine.

I disagree that we are in the seven years of tribulation. if we were there would be widespread famine, war and disease, and we would be in an economic depression In my opinion, the seven years of plenty started with the sep 2017 eclipse, and the seven years of tribulation will start with the April 2024 eclipse
---------------

still trying to find WHERE ? you might be referring to in Genesis.

and I think we already have had much much more than 7 years of plenty.
the April 2024 eclipse is more likely to be when the re-birth happens - Spring time
the time of Christ's coming.

Have you ever heard of the "abomination of desolation"
which will occur halfway through the tribulation and is also known
as "The Great Tribulation",
the last half of the tribulation and is 3 ½ years in length.

The 7 year tribulations, and countdown to the coming of Christ will begin with the peace agreement with Israel,
which is either been already signed by the pope, or will be by Trump or someone else soon.
And in the middle of that, after 3 1/2 years will be the "abomination of desolation".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final 7 years: How we can know when the tribulation has begun

God has given mankind thousands of years to prove that we just aren’t capable of ruling ourselves. When a nation has a good ruler, things tend to go well for that nation but when it has a bad ruler, the nation suffers.

You and I are living in the last days of man’s rule on the earth right now. We are at the end of the church age and living on the precipice just before Christ returns to the earth to put down the kingdoms of men and rule the world. Things might seem bad now, and they are, but the Bible warns that before Jesus returns to the earth, things are going to get much worse. In fact, most of the prophecies that haven’t yet been fulfilled will be fulfilled during the final seven years just before Christ’s return. This final seven years is referred to as the tribulation and also as the seventieth week of Daniel.

Unlocking the tribulation timeline

To understand the end time prophecies, it’s helpful to look at the book of Daniel and the book of Revelation together. For example, because of Daniel’s writings, we know that the tribulation period (which is the period of time just before Christ returns to the earth) will be exactly seven years.

He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.
Daniel 9:27

Daniel’s prophecy tells us that the Antichrist will confirm a covenant (peace agreement) with many nations that will be effective for a period of one seven. By connecting this verse to other scripture in the Bible, we know that this is referring to a period of seven years.
I’ll go into detail about how we know that a bit later in this message.

The focus of the peace agreement will be Israel. When we see this peace agreement take place, we will know that the countdown of the final seven years, known as the tribulation, has begun.

If you remember nothing else from this message, remember that this peace agreement is the single event that starts the seven year countdown to Christ’s return to the earth.

Daniel 9:27 also tells us that, in the middle of the final seven years, the Antichrist will set up an abomination in the temple that will cause the temple to become desolate until the Lord returns. He’s referring to the Jewish temple that will be built on the temple mount, most likely during the first half of the tribulation after the peace agreement has been made.

The Jews have been making preparations for rebuilding the temple for years. They already have a blueprint for rebuilding the temple on the original foundation on the temple mount where the last two Jewish temples stood. They’ve also created all the items needed to reinstate temple worship and animal sacrifices, which haven’t occurred since the second temple was destroyed by the Romans in 70 AD. We know that animal sacrifices will resume in Israel because Daniel 8:11-12Open in Logos Bible Software (if available) and Daniel 11:31Open in Logos Bible Software (if available) tells us that the Antichrist will put an end to them.

Jesus himself referred to Daniel’s prophecy and gave a specific warning to the Jews living in Judea (a region within Israel) who would see this prophecy come to pass.

Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.
Matthew 24:15-22

Notice that Jesus says that when you see this happen, there will be great tribulation, such as has never been seen before and will never be seen again.
This is why we refer to the last half of the seven-year tribulation as “the great tribulation”.
* my note Rev. 6th seal earthquake ?

How we know that the tribulation is exactly seven years

After the Antichrist desecrates the Jewish temple, he will go on a rampage, persecuting the saints (those who have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior).

He shall speak pompous words against the Most High,
Shall persecute the saints of the Most High,
And shall intend to change times and law.
Then the saints shall be given into his hand
For a time and times and half a time.
Daniel 7:25

How can we know what Daniel meant by “time and times and half a time”? How much time is that, exactly? The book of Revelation unlocks the answer for us.

Then the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, that they should feed her there one thousand two hundred and sixty days.
Revelation 12:6

Unlike the Gregorian calendar that most of the world is on today, scripture is based on the Hebrew calendar which consists of 360 days per year. So, 1,260 days divided by 360 equals 3.5 or 3 1/2 years to the very day.

Another passage in Revelation refers to this period of time as 42 months which is also exactly three and a half years.

And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months.
Revelation 13:5

By knowing that the abomination of desolation will occur halfway through the tribulation and also knowing that the last half of the tribulation is 3 ½ years in length, we know that the period of time referenced in Daniel 9:27
is seven years.

Here are the key things to remember:

The tribulation will last for seven years and begins when the Antichrist confirms a covenant (peace agreement) with many nations.
In the middle of the seven years, the Antichrist will set up an abomination that desecrates the temple in Jerusalem and he will put an end to animal sacrifices.
The Lord will return to the earth
(Matthew 24:29–30
Last edited by I AM on March 30th, 2019, 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

I AM
captain of 1,000

Post by I AM »

here is someones else view on this same thing.

time, and times, and half a time - or 3 1/2 years.
A "time" equals 1
"times" equals 2
A "half a time" equals 1/2.
If you add up 1+2+1/2, that equals 3 1/2.

The tribulation is 7 years. 3 1/2 + 3 1/2 = 7

A thousand two hundred and threescore days is 1,260 days
(a score equals 20),
1,260 days which is forty and two months (42 months), or 3 1/2 years.

The Prophetic Days of Revelation

The ‘forty and two months’, ‘a thousand two hundred and threescore days’, and ‘a time, and times, and half a time’

In the book of Revelation there are three different time periods mentioned that have been debated throughout the centuries. These days are the ‘forty and two months’, ‘a thousand two hundred and threescore days’, and ‘a time, and times, and half a time’. This article will discuss these time periods.
The difficulty in understanding these three time periods is that they can very easily be seen as a synonym. Synonyms are said to be different words (and in some cases phrases) that give identical or very similar meanings. The three time periods can be brought down to a single common denominator as a specific period of time. Scholars can easily achieve this by changing the forty and two months to 1260 days. The logical reasoning for this is that 1260 days is equal to 30 days per biblical month times 42 months. They also equate the time, and times, and half a time to three and one half years or 42 months and then break it down further to 1260 days. It is the matching of these days as synonyms and breaking them down to a common denominator that brings in all of the confusion.
One religious denomination even goes further than just the 1260 days. They misinterpret the days for years and thus reach the conclusion that the 1260 days mentioned are years. They get that from two verses in the bible.
(Num 14:34) After the number of the days in which ye searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year, shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years, and ye shall know my breach of promise.
(Ezek 4:6) And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year.
There is great danger in twisting the scriptures to meet your teachings. It is far better to change your teachings to match the scriptures.
The book of Revelation in all of its simplicity is dealing with the end times. A great part of the book of Revelation is dealing with Israel and the world during the tribulation period. From the book of Daniel we know that seventy weeks were prophesied concerning Israel. Of these seventy weeks, sixty nine weeks have already occurred. The seventieth week is the period of time for most of the book of Revelation. In the seventy weeks of Daniel, we have a week for a year. That has been verified by many scholars when they calculate the number of years to the first coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. The book of Revelation covers this seven year time period in chapters four through chapter nineteen. If we simplify the week to seven days and give a day for a year we get the seven years. The days for a year can be applied in some cases. It just cannot be applied in all cases. The two witnesses are said to be dead in the streets for three and one half days. They would not be in the streets dead for all to see for three and one half years.
(Rev 11:8-9) And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. {9} And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
No matter how you try to twist the scriptures, you cannot change the fact that the tribulation period lasts seven years. You cannot take what is written than change it down to its base denominator as mentioned above and then keep changing the meaning of what was said till it fits your interpretation of scripture. The scriptures are not of any private interpretation.
(2 Pet 1:20) Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
There is no way to fit 1260 years into a seven year period no matter how spiritual you think you are. The religious system that perverts and distorts the 1260 days of Revelation to mean years instead of days is purely satanic.
Now we need to look at the opposite side of the spectrum. We have just been given an example of a religious system that changes the seven year tribulation period into 1260 years followed by an unknown number of years. The next thing that needs to be discussed is the shortening of the tribulation period. There are many scholars today that teach we are only going to go through three and one half years of tribulation.
There are two camps of thought on this shortening of the tribulation period. Both however reach the same amount left for different reasons. Some actually teach that the first three and a half years of Daniels’s seventieth week deals with the three and one half years the Lord Jesus Christ had his ministry on earth and in the midst of the week he is cut off leaving only three and one half years left. The other is the teaching that three and half years of Daniel’s seventieth week occurred in Acts and completed at the stoning of Stephen in Acts chapter seven.
(Dan 9:24-27) Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. {25} Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. {26} And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. {27} And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.
Those that teach that the first three and a half years of Daniel’s seventieth week has occurred misinterpret the he in verse 27 above to be the Lord Jesus Christ at the start of his ministry when he mentioned the Kingdom of Heaven was at hand. He caused the sacrifices to cease when he was crucified and the curtain of the temple was rent in twain. It is very hard to see how this can be interpreted in this way when verse 25 mentions the Messiah will be cut off after threescore and two weeks. This added to the seven weeks mentioned in verse 25 gives us the crucifixion occurring after 69 weeks of the seventy week system. The Antichrist is the one who confirms a covenant for one week at the start of the tribulation period.
In the second camp we have the following versus for reference.
(Acts 7:55-60) But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, {56} And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God. {57} Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord, {58} And cast him out of the city, and stoned him: and the witnesses laid down their clothes at a young man's feet, whose name was Saul. {59} And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. {60} And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
The scriptures above mention Stephen being stoned. Many scholars teach that this occurred three and a half years after the Ascension of the Lord Jesus Christ. They have not proof text for this, just their private interpretation of the scripture.
In both camps of the shortened tribulation period, the different days mentioned in Revelation are brought down to the common denominator of 1260 days. In that way they say they are all the same time period. And the time period is only three and one half years long. Then they go even further and mention that when the rapture occurs only three and one half years are left till the second advent of the Lord Jesus Christ at Armageddon.
The distorting the time period for the tribulation period to be either 1260 plus years or shortening to only three and one half years is a result of ignoring what God said in the scriptures. The Lord Jesus Christ is the author of scripture. He knows best how to word his book. In the book of Revelation the Lord Jesus Christ uses the three different phrases ‘forty and two months’, ‘a thousand two hundred and threescore days’, and ‘a time, and times, and half a time’. Instead of trying to give a private interpretation for those phrases, why don’t we just trust the Lord Jesus Christ to correctly use those phrases?
The Reason for the different mention of days

Now I am going to give a common example of what three time periods to demonstrate what point I am trying to make. In hockey you have three time periods. And they are called by three different names. The first is called the first period. The second is called the second period. The third is called; you guessed it, the third period. Now you do not have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. Now if I do to these time periods what the scholars did above you would say that each period is 20 minutes long so they are all 20 minute periods. That would be correct. The problem is when you try to make the 20 minutes into some other period of time. It just will not work. The other problem in making them all the same is how would you know what period a hockey player scored a goal. In the news you would get and Mr. Hockey scored the go ahead goal in the 20 minute time period. It matters that he scored, but in what period did he score? I know this is very simplistic. But it drives my point home. The reason the periods are known by first, second and third is to differentiate from each period from the others.
Now applying this principle to the book of Revelation we would have the Lord Jesus Christ using three different phrases for a specific reason.
We need to closely look at when and where each phrase occurs in the book of Revelation. For all of the confusion these phrases have occurred, it seems odd that they occur only in the following five verses.
For the phrase ‘forty and two months’ we have these two verses.
(Rev 11:2) But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
(Rev 13:5) And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
For the ‘a thousand two hundred and threescore days” we have these two verses.
(Rev 11:3) And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
(Rev 12:6) And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
For the ‘a time, and times, and half a time’ we have the following verse.
(Rev 12:14) And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
And a similar wording being time, times and dividing of times in the following verse.
(Dan 7:25) And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

The saints in this case is obviously Israel who flees into the wilderness. This is not the bride going through the tribulation.

The saints in Dan 7:25 is tied to the woman of
Rev 12:14.

Let us do something unthinkable here. Let us trust the Lord Jesus Christ to have worded his book correctly and that he used the three different phrases for a specific reason. In doing so you would have to trust the Lord Jesus Christ to know what he is talking about more than you. That would be a refreshing change. Scholars trusting what God said and the way he said it.
Sorry for the little sarcasm there, but sometimes you have to hit the mules over the head to get their attention.
Looking at the above verse you see an instant pattern.
The forty and two months are mentioned in connection with the temple and the time the Antichrist continues after his mortal wound was healed.
The 1260 days are connected with the two witnesses and Israel in the wilderness.
The time, times and half a time are dealing with Satan at war with Israel.
(Rev 12:12-17) Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. {13} And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child. {14} And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. {15} And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood. {16} And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth. {17} And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

In the verses above Satan knoweth he hath but a short time. The word time connects him to the following verses where he persecutes the woman who flees into the wilderness and the period of time mentioned uses the phrase ' a time, times and half a time.
Now see how easy that was to figure out. Each phase denotes a period of time and who it is connected with. Nothing could be simpler than that. You do not have to do any changing of the verses. You do not have to look for any code. You just take it literally at face value and run with. So let us run with it.

What we know of the temple and the Antichrist.
We know that the Antichrist comes in peaceably. We know that in the middle of the week he causes the sacrifices to cease. We know in the middle of the tribulation period he causes to occur as to what the Lord Jesus Christ referred to as the abomination of desolation.
(Mat 24:15-16) When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) {16} Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
Mark 13:14) But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:
Historians tell us that Antiochus Epiphanes went into the temple and offered up a pig to his god and that is what Jesus was referring to for the abomination of desolation in Daniel. In the tribulation period the Antichrist will desecrate the temple in a similar manner. We know from Zechariah 11 and Revelation 13 that the Antichrist receives a mortal wound and it is healed.
So the 42 months refers to two periods of time.

The first period would be in the first half of the tribulation where the peace treaty brought about through the Antichrist allows Israel to rebuild the temple. In the midst of the week, the Antichrist causes the daily sacrifices to cease and desecrates the temple. The Antichrist receives a mortal wound and Satan then enters into him and the Antichrist rises from the dead for the entire world to see. The Antichrist then continues to reign from the temple for forty and two months.

In the case for the 1260 days we know that it is tied to the two witnesses. It is also tied to Israel being fed in a place prepared by God. We also know that Israel does not flee to the mountains till after they see the abomination of desolation take place.
God has just told us when the 1260 days occur. It occurs in the last half of the tribulation period. The two witnesses then prophecy to Israel, and protect Israel in the wilderness during this same time frame. That means the two witnesses prophecy during the last half of the tribulation period. By taking and trusting in what God said, you find out that God does tell you when the two witnesses prophecy. You get that by not changing what God said and trusting in the way he said it.

The third and last case to look at is the ‘time, times and half a time’. It is connected with Satan chasing after Israel who is fleeing into the wilderness and makes war with her. Since Israel flees to the wilderness in the middle of the tribulation, we know that Satan chases after her and makes war with Israel in the last half of the tribulation. Satan does not enter into the Antichrist till he is healed from a mortal wound by Satan himself. That lets us know Satan chases and makes war with Israel in the last half of the tribulation after he possesses the Antichrist.

In conclusion, by not changing what God said we learn the following.
The Antichrist comes in peaceably at the beginning of a seven year tribulation period and starts with a seven year peace treaty.
The temple is being rebuilt during the first half of the tribulation period and daily sacrifices are started again. (I know this has to be because you cannot stop something that is not occurring. It would like telling a car parked at the curb to stop. It already is stopped. The only way to stop the daily sacrifices is to have them start up again. Otherwise there would be no daily sacrifices to stop.
In the Midst of the week the Antichrist receives a mortal wound. About that same time either just before or after the mortal wound being healed, the Antichrist sits in the temple and desecrates it and declares that he himself is god. The Antichrist continues after he rises from the dead for forty two months and attacks Israel in the wilderness.
The two witnesses prophecy during the last half of the tribulation period.
Nothing could be simpler when you just trust and believe in what God said.

I AM
captain of 1,000

Post by I AM »

justme
captain of 1,000

Post by justme »

-----------------
I would like to know

Then after your 7 years of tribulation how do you classify the next hundreds of years before the second coming?

justme
captain of 1,000

Post by justme »

markharr wrote: March 30th, 2019, 8:38 am

100% = average
>100% = Subaverage
<100% = above average.

It is perfectly normal to be above average. To be way above average depends on the standard deviation.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

justme wrote: March 30th, 2019, 1:32 pm
markharr wrote: March 30th, 2019, 8:38 am

100% = average
>100% = Subaverage
<100% = above average.

It is perfectly normal to be above average. To be way above average depends on the standard deviation.

Well we are above average this year. It's always good to look for the SILVER lining.

I AM
captain of 1,000

Post by I AM »

justme wrote: March 30th, 2019, 1:29 pm

-----------------
I would like to know

Then after your 7 years of tribulation how do you classify the next hundreds of years before the second coming?
----------------
it's obvious that you haven't read my comments or what the scriptures have to say about this, so don't waste your time and mine with unsupported comments that are only intended to belittle others.

if you have an opinion that has any substance to it that's supported by something (preferably scriptures) instead of empty words, lets hear it.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Great thread. Thanks!

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

markharr wrote: March 30th, 2019, 4:03 pm ... the SILVER lining.
Titanium better represents work content, which is what is of real value.

Dinero means one days work, but we’d rather value shiny objects or fiat currency.

The Good Samaritan, sure can add many insights such as that, and it’s one of a few instances where two sets important types and shadows to be “on the look out for”. Yea OK, 7yrs from April 2017 to April 2024 with spectacular lunar events marking recognition of the official onset, and probable end of prosperity. So it goes.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

justme wrote: March 30th, 2019, 1:29 pm

-----------------
I would like to know

Lol hundreds of years before 2nd coming? Lol is that a fact? Did you learn that from your coworkers right after a super smart Trump bashing conversation, by super smart and moral cowokers... lol ?????

Sorry about the sarcasm and laughing out loud at you (kind of) . I'm have a hard time with people lately. I wish i had super smart people I could bash Trump with.
*crap, did it again*

But for real.... I don't even like Trump. Bwhahahaha I just like white middle aged men who bash him like their on a late show.....even less

Lol you my friend.... are clueless to the world you live in. Awake, homie....shake off Babylon.

Primary Outcast
captain of 100

Post by Primary Outcast »

I AM wrote: March 30th, 2019, 10:09 am
markharr wrote: March 29th, 2019, 11:40 am

Jesus himself referred to Daniel’s prophecy and gave a specific warning to the Jews living in Judea (a region within Israel) who would see this prophecy come to pass.

Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.

Notice that Jesus says that when you see this happen, there will be great tribulation, such as has never been seen before and will never be seen again.
This is why we refer to the last half of the seven-year tribulation as “the great tribulation”.
This is all great stuff. Thanks for sharing and defending your beliefs. To me the Matthew 24:15-22 reference was speaking about the attack on Jerusalem in 70 AD, are there any references suggesting a repeat of this in our day?

JS Matt 1:4: "..Tell us when shall these things be which thou hast said (1) concerning the destruction of the temple, and the jews; and (2) what is the sign of thy coming..." The chapter answers these two questions. v5-21 concludes by saying "I have spoken to you concerning the jews" in answer to the first question which was fulfilled in AD 70. Beginning in v22 He begins answering the second question.

I believe that the tribulations will be largely a repeat of history. There is no doubt that the left would absolutely freak out about animal sacrifices. So I certainly don't disagree with you, simply asking if there is evidence that Matt 24:15-22 will happen in our day. Thanks!

I AM
captain of 1,000

Post by I AM »

Primary Outcast wrote: March 31st, 2019, 9:42 pm
I AM wrote: March 30th, 2019, 10:09 am

This is all great stuff. Thanks for sharing and defending your beliefs. To me the Matthew 24:15-22 reference was speaking about the attack on Jerusalem in 70 AD, are there any references suggesting a repeat of this in our day?

JS Matt 1:4: "..Tell us when shall these things be which thou hast said (1) concerning the destruction of the temple, and the jews; and (2) what is the sign of thy coming..." The chapter answers these two questions. v5-21 concludes by saying "I have spoken to you concerning the jews" in answer to the first question which was fulfilled in AD 70. Beginning in v22 He begins answering the second question.

I believe that the tribulations will be largely a repeat of history. There is no doubt that the left would absolutely freak out about animal sacrifices. So I certainly don't disagree with you, simply asking if there is evidence that Matt 24:15-22 will happen in our day. Thanks!
---------------
I've posted this before, and most of it I copied from different sources,
but here is some food for thought.

Just some thoughts about the EXODUS

"When the Savior was speaking to his disciples they wanted to know the signs of his coming and of the end of the world. He told them many things: there would be False Christs, wars and rumors of wars, famines and earthquakes, and the gospel would be preached in all the world for the last time. (Matthew 24). The chronology is all jumbled and out of order.
Luke gives a similar account but it is better, especially because Joseph Smith translated and corrected some of the verses:

Luke 17:26-37

26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.

32 Remember Lot’s wife.

33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together.

The Savior is talking about the time just before the tribulation begins. In fact, he is talking about the time just before the civil war and unrest begin in the United States. He refers to his coming as the beginning of the days of tribulation and judgment so before he begins either, people are living pretty much as normal.
But in one night at the beginning of the tribulation, there is a massive leaving of people: one from bed, one from the field, and so on. The disciples ask the obvious question, "Where are they taken?" The Lord answers with another riddle. He tells them that where the body is, the eagles will be gathered together. The Joseph Smith translation gives the explanation:

Joseph Smith translation
JST, Luke 17:36–38.
Compare Luke 17:37

36 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord, shall they be taken?

37 And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is gathered; or, in other words, whithersoever the saints are gathered, thither will the eagles be gathered together; or, thither will the remainder be gathered together.

38 This he spake, signifying the gathering of his saints; and of angels descending and gathering the remainder unto them; the one from the bed, the other from the grinding, and the other from the field, whithersoever he listeth.

This is the manner in which the exodus will take place. The eagle wings given to the woman are the angels who gather the righteous remnant in one night and transport them to the wilderness where the saints are collected into one body. Eagles refer to angels or to translated beings in Hebrew metaphorical language.
The eagles are also the righteous ones who are gathered out in this miraculous manner and taken to the wilderness. Isaiah says:

Isaiah 40:
31 But they who hope in Jehovah shall be renewed in strength:they shall ascend as on eagles’ wings;they shall run without wearying,they shall walk and not faint.

And:

Isaiah 60:
8 Who are these, aloft like clouds,flying as doves to their portals?

This is the fulfillment of the promise in the oath and covenant of the priesthood. It is realized by those who are taken on the exodus because there will be the elderly, the infirm and the very young. All will be renewed in their bodies and translated during the course of the exodus. The gathering of the eagles will occur in one night or day, depending on which hemisphere you are in, so some will be in the fields while others will be sleeping. The righteous remnant who are to go on the exodus will be taken from the worthy members wherever they are in the world. Unlike the first exodus, however, the people will not take any possessions or supplies. They will go in the clothing they are wearing and will not be allowed to go back for their "stuff". The Lord will provide for the people. He will place a canopy over them to protect from the sun and the other elements:

Isaiah 4:5-6
5 Over the whole site of Mount Zion, and over its solemn assembly, Jehovah will form a cloud by day and a mist glowing with fire by night: above all that is glorious shall be a canopy.
6 It shall be a shelter and shade from the heat of the day, a secret refuge from the downpour and from rain.

Mount Zion is the nation of Zion formed in the day the exodus takes place. This is the puzzle cited earlier:

Isaiah 66: 7-9
7 Before she is in labor, she gives birth;before her ordeal overtakes her, she delivers a son!
8 Who has heard the like,or who has seen such things? Can the earth labor but a day and a nation be born at once? For as soon as she was in labor,Zion gave birth to her children.
9 Shall I bring to a crisis and not bring on birth?says Jehovah.When it is I who cause the birth,shall I hinder it? says your God.

So we now can solve the riddle. The Davidic prophet was born before she was in labor, or before the tribulation began. But then the tribulation begins which is the labor of the woman in bringing forth her children. The labor lasts only one day and the nation is born at once. The exodus happens in one day at the beginning of the tribulation and the nation of Zion is created.
Is is not clear how long the righteous remnant will have to endure the tribulation when it begins, but it will not be long because the exodus happens "as soon as she was in labor". This is a great comfort to the truly righteous remnant in the church because they will escape the captivity, or most of it, and the cruel oppression which the rest of the church will suffer throughout the world, especially in this country.

Isaiah 33:14-19
14 The sinners in Zion are struck with fear;the godless are in the grip of trembling:Who among us can live through the devouring fire?Who among us can abide eternal burning?
15 They who conduct themselves righteously and are honest in word,who disdain extortion and stay their hand from taking bribes,who stop their ears at the mention of murder,who shut their eyes at the sight of wickedness.
16 They shall dwell on high;the impregnable cliffs are their fortress.Bread is provided them, their water is sure.
17 Your eyes shall behold the King in his glory and view the expanse of the earth. 18 You shall recount in your mind the terror:Where are those who conducted the census?Where are those who levied the tax?Where are the ones who appraised the towers?
19 The insolent people are not to be seen,a nation of incomprehensible speech,whose babbling tongue was unintelligible.

Isaiah describes the condition among the church members when the tribulation arrives. They are struck with fear and trembling. They are two dangers: the devouring fire, which is the kind of Assyria and the eternal burning which is the Lord. Either way there is death. But he gives some of the attributes of those who can escape.
Those who are righteous will escape, that is, those who are not idolaters (seeking bribes and filling their heads with TV violence, murder and other wickedness). They who have these attributes and one other that we will mention, will go on the exodus which is described here. They will be taken to the wilderness, which is the mountain country around here, where those on the exodus will be. The cliffs are impregnable and will be their fortress.
Perhaps the greatest blessing on the exodus will be the privilege of seeing the glorified Lord along with the Davidic prophet/king. The kind spoken of here is probably the Davidic king but elsewhere the Lord says he will be with the people and they will see him. During this trek, the people will be taught both by the Davidic prophet and by the Lord.
In order to be in the presence of the Lord, one has to be translated and indeed, those who go on the exodus will be translated and during the 42 months of the exodus, they will have their call and election made sure."

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

I AM wrote: March 30th, 2019, 10:09 am I would like to know

Daniel's 7 year cycle was really highlighted in our time when President Hinckley talked about the prophecy of Joel being fulfilled just after September 11th October Conference in 2001. 7 years later, in 2008 was the financial collapse and President Hinckley specifically said to get our finances in order.

I think we're in the 7 years of plenty currently with Trump. The economy is in pretty good condition with GDP rates at least 2.2%. I don't think there will be a financial downturn during Trump's administration and I honestly believe he wants America to succeed.

The way I'm seeing it for North America at least is, the Conservatives will win the Federal Election here in Canada and will be in power for 4 to 5 years. Trump will win his second term which will take us to both to 2024 around that second eclipse over North America, ending another 7 year cycle. I think there will be an extremely good turn out in the US election for the Republicans, mainly because Trump is actually fulfilling his campaign promises and people can see he is trying his hardest to fulfill his last major one, the southern border wall. The Canadian election is basically already over here according to the polls.

The final 7 years of tribulation looks like it will be the start off with the elections in 2023/4. People will be even more mad at the republicans after a second Trump term and the Democrats will win, with the Canadians fed up with the Conservatives and then vote in the Liberals. We'll have 2 radical left governments hell bent on getting/enforcing their laws passed federally, specifically hate crimes and removing religious freedoms. The final 7 years taking us to the mid 2030's which is when the church would hit 200 years since its organization and around the time Christ died 2000 years ago.

I agree with a lot of what is in the thread above but I don't think the snowpack really will have much of an impact in Canada. Most our food is on the plains and the US plains are literally flooded this year (which might actually have an impact on the growing season).

I think Trump will try to get a peace treaty signed for Israel in his second term, probably near the end of his last year in office. This will annoy the UN, EU, Russia, China and even the Democrats in the USA fulfilling another prophecy that all the world would be against Israel (though some can argue with all the UN decisions against Israel that it's already fulfilled). This term he's moved the embassy to Jerusalem and recognized the Golan Heights as Israel.

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Post by 4Joshua8 »

I think it can be safely assumed that water reserves are a fundamental part of the cycle of plenty and scarcity that has affected the children of God since the fall of Adam and Eve. With how important water is to life, it's a primary part of that cycle (whether too much water or too little). I mean, how many times do we read of famine in connection with people finally being convinced to repent and accept the truth?

As to whether or not this year is a specific part of a 7-year cycle of plenty followed by a 7-year cycle of famine, I have no idea.

I do know this: I started tracking major news occurring since the eclipse of 2017. I am convinced 100%, based on what I've researched, that we are in the middle of a major pivot point in history relevant to latter-day prophecy. There have been so many "worsts and firsts" since 2017 that I lost track months ago, because keeping track of it all was too overwhelming (too much information and too little time). When you spend the time researching what I've researched, it simply becomes undeniable that the last couple years have been extremely unusual, even unprecedented in our dispensation. I encourage others to do that research using pure data (not biased sources). You might surprise yourself with what you find. Of course, the bias you bring to your research will affect your own interpretation, so I don't guarantee that you'll feel the same way I do. :)

Could plenty of water be part of the cycle? Of course. We'd be foolish to believe that it's impossible.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

One year of an unusually high snow pack isn't enough to make up for several consecutive years significantly below average. Look at the water level of the Great Salt Lake to see how short we are on water.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

What the heck is snowpack?

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Durzan wrote: April 3rd, 2019, 9:09 am What the heck is snowpack?
If you look at mountains in North America at this time of year, you will see snow. That snow is water in a solid state. The amount of snow, including the water content of that snow, is called the snowpack. It is a measure of how much water is stored frozen in the mountains that will be expected to melt through the warmer months to provide water to rivers, reservoirs, et cetera.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

brianj wrote: April 2nd, 2019, 10:33 pm One year of an unusually high snow pack isn't enough to make up for several consecutive years significantly below average. Look at the water level of the Great Salt Lake to see how short we are on water.
https://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=149&s ... h-snowpack

Funny, I've been watching these numbers and almost all were up near/past 200% recently. Since we've still been having rain and snow I am surprised to see them dropping so quickly. (Not that any are below 100%.)

I've lived here long enough to know that they'll, likely, soon be releasing extra water from the reservoirs to try and avoid flooding.

It's a cycle.

We've been here before and we'll be here again.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

I only know of one modern day prophet talked about the 7 and 7 often, he gave a few talks on it. If he is right we are already done with it and us older generation can look back and see how our world has changed and how labor is at war with capital and vise versa. Meaning we get paid almost the same but the price of everything is almost double

https://youtu.be/BNX5klOT1p0