America is deteriorating; just like the world.

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

America is deteriorating; just like the world.

Post by Durzan »

So, many of you have noticed the uptick in violence in America over the last few months. But there has also been an uptick in violence throughout the world over the last few years (ever since 2012).

So the world it deteriorating... its slow, but measurable. It might pick up; it might stay constant; or heck it might even slow down... but it will still deteriorate.

America is also deteriorating, but at a faster rate. America will collapse... eventually. Might be now, might be in a year, or in 10 years, or one hundred... but it is inevitable. For the sake of our children and our children's children, I hope it happens sooner rather than later; the longer this drags out, the harder it will hit when the final straw comes.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Re: America is deteriorating; just like the world.

Post by kittycat51 »

It's not just violence but corruption; corruption with it's basis in "secret combinations". Can you say FISA Memo, and Strzok texts?
These are the latter days, so none of us should be surprised when we see prophecy fulfilled. A host of prophets, including Isaiah, Paul, Nephi, and Mormon, foresaw that perilous times would come,1 that in our day the whole world would be in commotion, that men would “be lovers of their own selves, … without natural affection, … lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God,” and that many would become servants of Satan who uphold the adversary’s work. Indeed, you and I “wrestle … against the rulers of the darkness of this world, [and] against spiritual wickedness in high places.”

As conflicts between nations escalate, as cowardly terrorists prey on the innocent, and as corruption in everything from business to government becomes increasingly commonplace... ---President Russell M. Nelson

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

The Book of Mormon was written for our day. It was written from source records by prophets who saw our day, knew us, and knew what we would face and endure. Secret combinations (aka conspiracies) are a big theme in the Book of Mormon because we have them in our day, but almost everything else is for us in our day.

I had an epiphany about the stripling warriors. We are going to need modern day stripling warriors sometime in the future, probably in the near future. Maybe they will need to participate in an unarmed counterinsurgency, maybe they will need to be missionaries, maybe they will need to take arms in defense of themselves, their families, and their church. Whatever happens, an army of young men with exceeding faith will be needed. It is our obligation to raise those men and guide them toward developing the faith they will need. Those of you who haven't had your kids taken from you and been completely cut off from any contact with those children, take this duty seriously!

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Interesting that in making the statement that "A host of prophets, including Isaiah, Paul, Nephi, and Mormon, foresaw that perilous times would come,", he did not include Moroni. It is Moroni who gave us the warning that in our day a "secret combination" shall be among us and that we are commanded to awake to it. In our day Presidents Benson and Packer both warned us about it. I am sure President Nelson is aware of it, but chose not to bring attention to Moroni's warning.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Many things are hiding in plain sight.

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Many things are hiding in plain sight. X not only marks a place, but also a time.

Actually two times, one past and one future. 7 years, from April to April, if understood in proper context.

I stand all amazed.

What shall we do now?

RocknRoll
captain of 100

Post by RocknRoll »

I believe things are going to get bad (very bad) sometime in the future as explained in the scriptures, but that time is not now.

1.Humans live longer, healthier lives than any time in the past.
2.There is less hunger and poverty than any time in the past.
3.And according to this news article, the overall crime rate went down in 2017 compared to 2016 and the US murder rate in 2014 was the lowest it’s been since the 1960’s.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... crime-2017

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

RocknRoll wrote: February 12th, 2018, 1:37 pm I believe things are going to get bad (very bad) sometime in the future as explained in the scriptures, but that time is not now.

3.And according to this news article, the overall crime rate went down in 2017 compared to 2016 and the US murder rate in 2014 was the lowest it’s been since the 1960’s.

Our murder rate is lower than the 1960's ONLY if you disregard the million-plus babies we in the US murder every year.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Lizzy60 wrote: February 12th, 2018, 1:42 pm Our murder rate is lower than the 1960's ONLY if you disregard the million-plus babies we in the US murder every year.
Abortion isn't murder. It's a sin, it's a poor choice, it's unfortunate, but it's not murder.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Durzan wrote: February 3rd, 2018, 9:47 am ...I hope it happens sooner rather than later; the longer this drags out, the harder it will hit when the final straw comes.
To quote Han Solo: "Bring 'em on, I'd prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around."

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

skmo wrote: February 12th, 2018, 6:37 pm
Lizzy60 wrote: February 12th, 2018, 1:42 pm Our murder rate is lower than the 1960's ONLY if you disregard the million-plus babies we in the US murder every year.
Abortion isn't murder. It's a sin, it's a poor choice, it's unfortunate, but it's not murder.
The baby is alive. Then the baby is dead. The act causing the death of the baby is totally intentional by both the mother and the doctor. That's murder. Abortion is a sin because intentionally killing another person is a sin.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

skmo wrote: February 12th, 2018, 6:37 pm Abortion isn't murder under the law. It's a sin, it's a poor choice, it's unfortunate, but it's not murder.
Fixed it for you.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

Lizzy60 wrote: February 12th, 2018, 6:57 pm
skmo wrote: February 12th, 2018, 6:37 pm
The baby is alive. Then the baby is dead. The act causing the death of the baby is totally intentional by both the mother and the doctor. That's murder. Abortion is a sin because intentionally killing another person is a sin.
"Abortion isn't murder. Just a little sin, a poor choice, unfortunate, but not murder" .
And this coming I suppose from a latter day saint. I'll I can say is you aught to be terribly ashamed of yourself. Please tell me I am totally misunderstanding you.
It is the worst of crimes, it is the worst kind of murder, it is by far worse than 1st degree murder, because it is like unto killing the Saviour, it is shedding innocent blood, it is butchering the lives of the most pure and innocent, it is the murdering of those that are so innocent that they have no need of baptism, it is the murdering of those that the Saviour said " for of such is the kingdom of Heaven. Any person that would perform such a terrible atrocity I believe will lift up their eyes in hell with weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth because they SHED INNOCENT BLOOD. And not just innocent blood but the purest of innocent blood.

And this right here is actually quite terrible also :

While recognizing that abortion is an “ugly thing” that causes “remorse, sorrow and regret,” Hinckley went on to say, “While we denounce it, we make allowance in such circumstances as when pregnancy is the result of incest or rape, when the life or health of the mother is judged by competent medical authority to be in serious jeopardy, or when the fetus is known by competent medical authority to have serious defects that will not allow the baby to survive beyond birth.”

Pathetic, , so a " competent medical authority" has more say and knowledge than God Almighty? And the " competent medical authority" can predict if the baby will survive or not? To hell with them all , or at least with the ones that would dare make those life and death decisions.

President Hinckley said those who face such a question should “pray in great earnestness, receiving a confirmation through prayer before proceeding.”

As if God will approve butchering our offspring....

Apostle Erastus Snow:

“The Latter-day Saints do not imitate the examples of the Eastern cities and the old commonwealths of the Atlantic seaboard in destroying their offspring. They do not patronize the vendor of noxious, poisonous, destructive medicines to procure abortion, infanticide; child murder, and other wicked devices, whereby to check the multiplication of their species, in order to facilitate the gratification of fleshly lust. We are not disposed to imitate these examples, nor to drink in the pernicious doctrine once uttered in Plymouth Church by the noted Henry Ward Beecher--that it was a positive evil to increase families in the land beyond a limited extent, and the ability of the parents to properly educate and maintain them, sustaining the idea of small families; in effect, justifying the mothers--the unnatural mothers--of New England, and their partners who sanction their efforts in destroying their own offspring, and in preventing the fecundity of the race. Fancy such a doctrine justified by the noted orator of the nineteenth century, and re-echoed by the smaller fry throughout the country! The Latter-day Saints are taught to reverence the words of the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, concerning the multiplication of their species, and are called as His children to multiply and replenish the earth. “

Apostle George Q. Cannon:

“There is one thing that I am told is practiced to some extent among us, and I say to you that where it is practiced and not thoroughly repented of the curse of God will follow it. I refer to the practice of preventing the birth of children. I want to lift my voice in solemn warning against this, and I say to you that the woman who practices such devilish arts, or the man who consents to them, will be cursed of God. Such persons will be cursed in their bodies, cursed in their minds, cursed in their property, cursed in their offspring. God will wipe them out from the midst of this people and nation. Remember it. Mothers, teach this to your daughters, for I tell you it is true. I need not pronounce any curse, whatever my authority may be, but I say to you that women who take this course, and men who consent to it, will be cursed of God Almighty, and it will rest upon them until their generation shall be blotted out, and their name shall be lost from the midst of the Saints of God, unless, as I have said, there is deep, thorough and heartfelt repentance.”

A hearty Amen to George Q Cannon....

So do not even dream about eternal life and eternal increase by those of us that are guilty of that awful crime of the murder of the innocent as latter day saints.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

simpleton wrote: February 12th, 2018, 10:02 pm "Abortion isn't murder. Just a little sin, a poor choice, unfortunate, but not murder" .
:emphasis added:

Don't you ever put words in my mouth. If you want to quote my words, you use my words, not your own incorrect and asinine interpretation of them.

By the way, the exact words I used were what was said to me by a bishop when explaining his understanding of the church's official position. I didn't dig it up on my own, and somebody who has wanted but unable to have children all of his life without success sees it as a terrible action. No matter how passionately some people feel about it, however, it is my understanding that a person may be forgiven of a voluntary unnecessary abortion (I was helping a friend come back into activity, which is why I got involved in this.) As far as I know, murder, killing of an innocent living person is an unpardonable sin.

Either way, don't you ever attribute incorrect words to me.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

Like i said... I hope they were not your words, but whoever's they were I still stand by what I said. Period

captainfearnot
captain of 1,000

Post by captainfearnot »

Lizzy60 wrote: February 12th, 2018, 1:42 pm
RocknRoll wrote: February 12th, 2018, 1:37 pm I believe things are going to get bad (very bad) sometime in the future as explained in the scriptures, but that time is not now.

Our murder rate is lower than the 1960's ONLY if you disregard the million-plus babies we in the US murder every year.
Not really, though. The abortion rate is also declining.

US Abortion Rate at Lowest Recorded Point

Maybe there was less abortion before Roe v Wade (the CDC didn't really keep track back then) but we do know that both the murder rate and the abortion rate were higher in the 80s and 90s than they are today. And the world didn't end 30 years ago (in fact, people of a certain age look back at those decades as the "good ol' days"). Maybe we'll never get back to the utopia that was 1950s America (according to conservative lore) but we can say that as far as these two metrics of societal decline at least, things are getting better, not worse.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

captainfearnot wrote: February 13th, 2018, 10:56 am
Lizzy60 wrote: February 12th, 2018, 1:42 pm

Not really, though. The abortion rate is also declining.

US Abortion Rate at Lowest Recorded Point

Maybe there was less abortion before Roe v Wade (the CDC didn't really keep track back then) but we do know that both the murder rate and the abortion rate were higher in the 80s and 90s than they are today. And the world didn't end 30 years ago (in fact, people of a certain age look back at those decades as the "good ol' days"). Maybe we'll never get back to the utopia that was 1950s America (according to conservative lore) but we can say that as far as these two metrics of societal decline at least, things are getting better, not worse.
On the above I would say that they have or are continuing to perfect the other diabolical abortion methods of what they call "the pill" or " the morning after pill" or other demonic devices to help us continue our sacrificing our children to Moloch.
And as that is not counted in the tracked abortion counts done by the murder clinics, it is not considered at all. And for that matter we do not count it either.

captainfearnot
captain of 1,000

Post by captainfearnot »

simpleton wrote: February 13th, 2018, 12:35 pm On the above I would say that they have or are continuing to perfect the other diabolical abortion methods of what they call "the pill" or " the morning after pill" or other demonic devices to help us continue our sacrificing our children to Moloch.
And as that is not counted in the tracked abortion counts done by the murder clinics, it is not considered at all. And for that matter we do not count it either.
Can't argue with that.

(And I mean that quite literally.)

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

kittycat51 wrote: February 3rd, 2018, 9:59 am It's not just violence but corruption; corruption with it's basis in "secret combinations". Can you say FISA Memo, and Strzok texts?
These are the latter days, so none of us should be surprised when we see prophecy fulfilled. A host of prophets, including Isaiah, Paul, Nephi, and Mormon, foresaw that perilous times would come,1 that in our day the whole world would be in commotion, that men would “be lovers of their own selves, … without natural affection, … lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God,” and that many would become servants of Satan who uphold the adversary’s work. Indeed, you and I “wrestle … against the rulers of the darkness of this world, [and] against spiritual wickedness in high places.”

As conflicts between nations escalate, as cowardly terrorists prey on the innocent, and as corruption in everything from business to government becomes increasingly commonplace... ---President Russell M. Nelson
Can you say third world countries. Where you have a relatively uber-rich class with healthy amenities while 90 to 95 percent pretty much live in filth without proper sanitation? That's part of the awful situation as well for much of the world's population.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

The deterioration has been deliberately induced. In 1975, a majority of Senators and Representatives of both Republican and Democrat Parties, among them CFR members George McGovern, Clairborne Pel, Christopher Dodd, Les Aspin, and Patricia Schroeder, signed a Declaration of Interdependence written by historian Henry Steele Commager (CFR), which proclaimed, “When in the course of history the threat of extinction confronts mankind, it is necessary for the people of the United States to declare their interdependence with the people of all nations … Two centuries ago our forefathers brought forth a nation; now we must join others to bring forth a New World Order. … Narrow notions of national sovereignty must not be permitted to curtail that obligation.” So, the CFR conspirators’ own words and deeds confirm the suspicions already advance by many American patriots that the ultimate goal of this traitorous organization has always been the destruction of the American Republic as it was conceived by the Founding Fathers of this nation. One of the most cherished goals of the Council on Foreign Relations is the elimination of the Constitution, the end of U.S. sovereignty, and its dissolution into a CFR-controlled community of states — what the CFR conspirators call the New World Order. The CFR is to my mind the greatest threat to the standard of living and the national security of the United States.