LDS Authors on Second Coming

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Stevieb
Hi, I'm new.

LDS Authors on Second Coming

Post by Stevieb »

I am simply looking for your recommendations on books about the Second Coming from LDS Authors. I have found many books online but which ones have you personally read and which would you recommend?

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Re: LDS Authors on Second Coming

Post by e-eye2.0 »

I liked the Cleansing of America by Skousen.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

There was a previous thread that covers some good books on the subject found here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44409&p=756071&hili ... ng#p756071

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Avoid anything that comes from Roger K. Young - his stuff is 'out there'. I believe Gerald Lund wrote a really good book on the subject back in the '70's - can't remember what it's called though, but it has a pic of a blood red moon on the cover.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Col. Flagg wrote: February 1st, 2018, 1:11 pm Avoid anything that comes from Roger K. Young - his stuff is 'out there'.
Agreed.

I believe Gerald Lund wrote a really good book on the subject back in the '70's - can't remember what it's called though, but it has a pic of a blood red moon on the cover.
Here's the paperback version - https://www.amazon.com/Coming-Lord-Gera ... 15&sr=8-28

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

The Book of Mormon.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Visions of Glory was pretty good. At least, I got some good out of it; YMMV.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Steviev wrote
I am simply looking for your recommendations on books about the Second Coming from LDS Authors. I have found many books online but which ones have you personally read and which would you recommend?
Will a web site do? http://thebridegroomcometh.net/

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

kittycat51 wrote: February 1st, 2018, 10:05 am There was a previous thread that covers some good books on the subject found here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=44409&p=756071&hili ... ng#p756071
Prophecy Key to the Future was written as a Masters Thesis by Duane Crowther while he was a student at BYU.

Also his sequel, Inspired Prophetic Warnings is very good.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

If you don't know something, then how would you know that you don't know? None of those authors can say that.

Its better if you go right to the scriptures and General Authorities talks themselves.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

There are 2 popular books recommended by many on this forum. “A Greater Tomorrow” and “A change is Coming”.

Stevieb
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Stevieb »

GrandMasterB wrote: February 1st, 2018, 11:56 pm There are 2 popular books recommended by many on this forum. “A Greater Tomorrow” and “A change is Coming”.
Who are the authors/

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Stevieb wrote: February 2nd, 2018, 2:25 pm
GrandMasterB wrote: February 1st, 2018, 11:56 pm There are 2 popular books recommended by many on this forum. “A Greater Tomorrow” and “A change is Coming”.
Who are the authors/
The Book of Mormon
The Price of Priesthood Power

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Who are the authors/
Hopefully, he was being facetious, as no one in their right mind would recommend either of those books (nor any other books written by the same people).

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

EmmaLee wrote: February 2nd, 2018, 3:45 pm
Who are the authors/
Hopefully, he was being facetious, as no one in their right mind would recommend either of those books (nor any other books written by the same people).
Indeed.

capctr
captain of 100

Post by capctr »

GrandMasterB wrote: February 3rd, 2018, 10:50 pm
EmmaLee wrote: February 2nd, 2018, 3:45 pm
Who are the authors/
Indeed.

:lol:

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I also liked the Cleansing of America by Skousen. But also the books by Crowther.