The Great Latter-Day ‘Sieve’ (Amos 9:8-10)

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
LdsMarco
captain of 100

The Great Latter-Day ‘Sieve’ (Amos 9:8-10)

Post by LdsMarco »

I found this and I thought I'd share it here

A warning for the Savior’s Church – in stark days to come.

Mormon chapter 8 is one of THE MOST DIFFICULT passages of scripture in any set of scriptures we have in our (current) possession...

(Mormon 8:38)
38 O ye pollutions, ye hypocrites, ye teachers, who sell yourselves for that which will canker, why have ye polluted the holy church of God? Why are ye ashamed to take upon you the name of Christ? Why do ye not think that greater is the value of an endless happiness than that misery which never dies--because of the praise of the world?

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

As Nephi was shown, by the angel of the Lord, ‘there are save two churches only’ (1 Nephi 14:10)
Hence, there is only ONE Church – the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, ‘the only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth’ (D&C 1:30) – that could POSSIBLY be called the ‘holy church of God’ in the last days period that Moroni foresaw (Mormon 8:33-35)

Contrary to what so many apostates are deceitfully proposing, the oft prophesied ‘remnant’ of the Savior’s Church are those faithful ‘saints of the church of the Lamb’ (1 Nephi 14:14) who will NEVER leave His Church; and/or will faithfully uphold their covenants with the Most High God in obeying His Laws of God, Sacrifice, the Gospel, Chastity and Consecration.

After all, a ‘remnant’ is NOT the piece of a garment that willfully tears itself away. It is what REMAINS (faithful) – as the word ‘remnant’ derives from the word REMAIN.

(Thus, It is IMPOSSIBLE to apostatize from the Lord’s Church into the Savior’s prophesied ‘remnant’ – despite what so many ‘false prophets’, like Denver Snuffer and Doug Mendenhall, are teaching their deceived masses)

Unfortunately, as the Book of Mormon prophesies – most plainly in the prophetic allegory of those who were at the Temple in Bountiful when the Savior appeared to the MOST faithful children of Lehi (3 Nephi 11) – very few will ‘endure to the end’ (1 Nephi 22:31) of the prophesied trials that will sift the Savior’s ‘wheat’ from the devil’s ‘tares’ (D&C 86:1-11)

As the Holy Scriptures forewarn, the Lord will bring a great ‘sieve’ among His Church, or He will cause ‘a great division among the people’ (2 Nephi 30:10), by allowing prophetic trials (that are written in the Book of Mormon and have been prophesied by early Latter-Day prophets and apostles) to sift out or purge His Saints, or His ‘silver’, from the ‘dross’, the ‘‘tares’, the ‘goats’ and, most especially, from the (secret satanic) ‘wolves in sheep’s clothing’:

(Amos 9:8-10)

8 Behold, the eyes of the Lord God are upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from off the face of the earth; saving that I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, saith the Lord.

9 For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.

10 All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us.

The comments section of the video should be interesting. Here's one comment:

John Bales: "This was an answer to my prayer. Thank you"

Ms. Arianna: John Bales, mine wasn’t an answer to a prayer but to a problem that arised. I was telling someone just because man wants gay marriage and homosexual relations to be allowed, doesn’t mean it’ll happen. And they kept hitting back at me with revelations that have been changed and when I said that revelations can change the Ten Commandments cannot, that we do have to be kind and nice and loving to those who are homosexual, that we can never support homosexual relationships or gay marriage. Ignoring that and the fact I said that we can’t change commandments, they continued to try throwing at me all of these thing and saying how their so hurt. When I told them it’s like if I had followed through killing myself a few years ago, it’d be a sin. One I can’t fall back from. You don’t act on it and your ok. But don’t think it’ll change. And then someone who has a same sec partner said “well I think my wife and I should be allowed in!” And I replied to this: we welcome all to our wards and meetings, we won’t allow you to be officially recognized as a Mormon I’m sorry. I got many attacks except for 2 both saying I was right. When 15 attack you and only 2 stand with you something is wrong. I was once attacked by several people who had been endowed because I didn’t support gay marriage within the church, I didn’t care what other faiths or beliefs did in their homes I’m not going to say anything for that because 1. They’re not LDS. 2. It’s not their church. 3. That’s their life. Just as I wouldn’t tell someone who’s LDS how to sin... but you can’t force the Church to sin.

The more and more I do see the sieve and the sieve will be political and social beliefs. You’ll have people who are more conservative and want liberty who voted trump or Carson or Cruz Ron Paul or johnson, then you’ll have the left, far left tbh and the government who’ll try to persuade us into worshipping their way and we won’t want to. So what will happen is the church with be split. Those who have promised god to be temple worthy their whole lives and have been that way and then those who may have promised but don’t live it or those who have not promised because they don’t really care what they do. That’s what will happen.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Re: The Great Latter-Day ‘Sieve’ (Amos 9:8-10)

Post by Juliet »

A while ago, I kept hearing the same message at church and in my life, that you have to be all in. You can't be 99 percent in, you can't have one foot out the door, you have to be 100 percent in the gospel. When you think about it, we do promise everything in the temple. Why would we have to promise everything if we won't at some time be asked to give what appears to be everything from our point of view?

Everything to Abraham was being asked to give up his son. Everything can be hard. If you aren't 100 percent in, then what other option is there except to be out?

Even Peter, when his faith was put to the test, denied Christ. This is someone who had a personal relationship with Jesus.

I had a dream I was in conference and it was full of angry people yelling their displeasure at the prophets with hatred. Then there was a woman who still held her testimony and she was crying because of all the hatred and anger in the church. I think this dream was specific to my own issues and rebellion I am working through, but it encouraged me to not give up on the church or get angry at the doctrines. There is a part of me that still knows it is true.

I think you have to stay true to what you know because you may be mocked and persecuted at first, but in the end truth will still stand and you will be glad you did too.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Re: The Great Latter-Day ‘Sieve’ (Amos 9:8-10)

Post by brianj »

Juliet wrote: February 1st, 2018, 6:38 am A while ago, I kept hearing the same message at church and in my life, that you have to be all in. You can't be 99 percent in, you can't have one foot out the door, you have to be 100 percent in the gospel. When you think about it, we do promise everything in the temple. Why would we have to promise everything if we won't at some time be asked to give what appears to be everything from our point of view?
Joseph Smith answered your question in the sixth Lecture on Faith: "Let us here observe, that a religion that does not require the sacrifice of all things never has power sufficient to produce the faith necessary unto life and salvation..."