Spencer is the OMS???

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
KingZulqarnayn
Hi, I'm new.

Spencer is the OMS???

Post by KingZulqarnayn »

Hi, I'm new to this site but I've been researching over the years about deep doctrines of the church. During my research, I came across the One Mighty and Strong and understood that it was to be a future bishop of this church who would wear a gown of light and would be called to give people their residences and ordinances in Zion while also steadying the ark of God and holding a Scepter of Power. (Luke 3:16, Isaiah 28:2, 2 Nephi 3:24, D&C 85:7-8, also Wikipedia's site on One Mighty and Strong) Others have said it wouldn't be a future bishop that it would be a previous prophet like Adam, Jesus, or Joseph Smith, Jr, but it can't be because the OMS dies and Romans 6:9 is the law of resurrection telling you that you can't die twice. Also, the OMS is a calling that Edward Partridge use to have, so it can't be a prophets calling but instead one of the prophet's servants callings. I've recently come across this book called Visions of Glory about a LDS member who NDE'd and told his story about his NDE and also his visions that he claims to have had to the author of this book because they are such good friends (after he has kept his story secret for some odd years). But what I understand is that he claims to be one the Lords main-to-go-to guys if not is main-to-go-to guy. And hearing all the stories about his main mission I'm wondering if this OMS is him because he is now a bishop of the church and from what i know that this OMS is called the Lord's clerk. Please reply and share your input on this...

abijah
pleb in zion

Re: Spencer is the OMS???

Post by abijah »

The One Mighty and Strong is the scriptural phrase for the individual who “sets in order the house of God”. What is God’s House? Nearly all who read this interpret it to mean the LDS Church, which is false. The word house goes back to it’s other, more biblical significance, meaning “family”, with partiality in favour of blood ties.

Not long ago Dieter F Uchtdorf gave a talk in which, speaking to the saints he said something to the effect: “you are of the royal House of Elohim”. God’s family and posterity are His House.

Like any fruitful, ruling House there is a birthright line. Every lord has an heir, and a king needs a son. So things in heaven are as they have been in earth. Through Christ’s person is revealed the great secret of the generations of the Gods. This shall be even much more apparent in the ministry of the One mighty and strong.

The line of the Gods made manifest in this world is the Davidic throne. When God made Adam He made him Lord over the whole earth. This inheritance was passed down through Seth to Enoch, up till Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. It eventually fell to David, who was given all political power in earth and received the everlasting promise that his House should never die, but there will always be a son to occupy this throne.

God made an everlasting covenant with David. Even though the man sinned personally, and ultimately lost his kingdom and royal priesthood, this covenant stands firm that Jehovah would never turn away His mercy and blessing from the House of David.

The scenario that you’ve outlined concerning Spencer seems to be him acting as this “one mighty and strong” within the framework of the LDS Church. It will not happen that way, and that isn’t the House which needs to be set in order. There isn’t going to be some beefed up spiritual boss man who rebukes and kicks aside the wayward general authorities like how apostates enjoy fantasising about. The LDS Church is not God’s House, Israel is - which includes anyone who is adopted and grafted in. And who rules Israel? The Davidic heir.

The ecclesiastical Church of Christ,
the envoy to the Gentiles, was more or less restored and set in order by Joseph Smith Jr. On the other hand, the great families of Jacob and of David are desolate and broken, in much need of restoration and setting in order. This is a key purpose which Jehovah’s heir will fulfil.

I don’t know concerning the truthfulness of visions of glory. I read it, but came away feeling like whether it be truth or falsehood it is of little relevance or consequence to me personally. Given all the things I have been told of God on the subject, I firmly disbelieve the notion that Spencer is this davidic figure to come.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

Spencer is a bad fiction writer of LDS end of times tales, not the OMS.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

abijah wrote: January 29th, 2018, 3:56 am The One Mighty and Strong is the scriptural phrase for the individual who “sets in order the house of God”. What is God’s House? Nearly all who read this interpret it to mean the LDS Church, which is false. The word house goes back to it’s other, more biblical significance, meaning “family”, with partiality in favour of blood ties.

Not long ago Dieter F Uchtdorf gave a talk in which, speaking to the saints he said something to the effect: “you are of the royal House of Elohim”. God’s family and posterity are His House.

Like any fruitful, ruling House there is a birthright line. Every lord has an heir, and a king needs a son. So things in heaven are as they have been in earth. Through Christ’s person is revealed the great secret of the generations of the Gods. This shall be even much more apparent in the ministry of the One mighty and strong.

The line of the Gods made manifest in this world is the Davidic throne. When God made Adam He made him Lord over the whole earth. This inheritance was passed down through Seth to Enoch, up till Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. It eventually fell to David, who was given all political power in earth and received the everlasting promise that his House should never die, but there will always be a son to occupy this throne.

God made an everlasting covenant with David. Even though the man sinned personally, and ultimately lost his kingdom and royal priesthood, this covenant stands firm that Jehovah would never turn away His mercy and blessing from the House of David.

The scenario that you’ve outlined concerning Spencer seems to be him acting as this “one mighty and strong” within the framework of the LDS Church. It will not happen that way, and that isn’t the House which needs to be set in order. There isn’t going to be some beefed up spiritual boss man who rebukes and kicks aside the wayward general authorities like how apostates enjoy fantasising about. The LDS Church is not God’s House, Israel is - which includes anyone who is adopted and grafted in. And who rules Israel? The Davidic heir.

The ecclesiastical Church of Christ,
the envoy to the Gentiles, was more or less restored and set in order by Joseph Smith Jr. On the other hand, the great families of Jacob and of David are desolate and broken, in much need of restoration and setting in order. This is a key purpose which Jehovah’s heir will fulfil.

I don’t know concerning the truthfulness of visions of glory. I read it, but came away feeling like whether it be truth or falsehood it is of little relevance or consequence to me personally. Given all the things I have been told of God on the subject, I firmly disbelieve the notion that Spencer is this davidic figure to come.
Except that your above assessment (If I may kindly disagree) is incorrect regarding specifically the 85th section of the D&C.
If you read and study as to the reasons why that excerpt from a long letter was inserted into the D&C as the 85th section you will see that it applies to a certain situation and condition within "God's House" similar to what was happening in Missouri at the time and also predicting what would transpire in the future in God's same "House".
We mostly reject the obvious reason of the giving of that section because it directly implies that God's House will be " out of order" when this "One mighty and Strong" shows up on the scene, and This Servant who has " Light for a covering " sets "God's House" back in order. And also it is beyond our comprehension that God's House could possibly be out of order. Or at the very least that we are members of a ( or the) house of God that is out of order. The " One Mighty and Strong" in that section also " arranges by lot the inheritance of the saints", specifically ( IMO) applies to the church as it is the church specifically that has or keeps that record.
As far as the word "House" applies, there is definitely the "House of Isreal" and the "House of David" and as well as our private houses, but God did not use any of those terms at all. He said " to set in order the " House of God", but we in our pride because we figure we belong to the "House of God " that in no way could we be out of order, but I say let each one examine for him/herself and draw their own conclusions.
The revelation continues on referring to those in the priesthood, and then gives that reference to Ezra 2, 61-62:

61 ¶ And of the children of the priests: the children of Habaiah, the children of Koz, the children of Barzillai; which took a wife of the daughters of Barzillai the Gileadite, and was called after their name:

62 These sought their register among those that were reckoned by genealogy, but they were not found: therefore were they, as polluted, put from the priesthood.

Something along very similar lines to the above are predicted to transpire in the future, again in the "House of God"....

Another use of the term "House of God" is the Temple, and who or what do we claim in regards to our temples? That answer is most obvious.
So "The house of God" is the Church or the Temple or both combined ,(which is what I believe).
The wheat and the tares are still to this day in our church growing together, side by side, literally. And that means that of all the members of the church right now today a certain percentage are tares, and according to my understanding of the scriptures that percentage is a bare minimum of 50%. So of 16,000,000 members 8,000,000 are tares. But I actually think the number is way higher probably closer to 90%, (speculation). And of course i do not know who we/they are, nor do I want to know. But I most definitely hope that I am not a tare.
I also believe that it is this " One Mighty and Strong " that separates the wheat from the tares, and that He saves a remnant of the whole House of Isreal, and that He is a " Man like unto Moses" and does similiar work that Moses did, except that He does a far greater work, so much greater that we won't talk about what Moses did anymore, but rather what He will do in the future.
Thus far though, no one has done anything period in regards to what is predicted to be done by this "One mighty and Strong" , but there is no end to the claimants. And now according to the above, we have another claimant to add the the continually growing list of hundreds of claimants of "wannabees".

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

KingZulqarnayn wrote: January 27th, 2018, 2:50 pm Hi, I'm new to this site but I've been researching over the years about deep doctrines of the church. During my research, I came across the One Mighty and Strong and understood that it was to be a future bishop of this church who would wear a gown of light and would be called to give people their residences and ordinances in Zion while also steadying the ark of God and holding a Scepter of Power. (Luke 3:16, Isaiah 28:2, 2 Nephi 3:24, D&C 85:7-8, also Wikipedia's site on One Mighty and Strong) Others have said it wouldn't be a future bishop that it would be a previous prophet like Adam, Jesus, or Joseph Smith, Jr, but it can't be because the OMS dies and Romans 6:9 is the law of resurrection telling you that you can't die twice. Also, the OMS is a calling that Edward Partridge use to have, so it can't be a prophets calling but instead one of the prophet's servants callings. I've recently come across this book called Visions of Glory about a LDS member who NDE'd and told his story about his NDE and also his visions that he claims to have had to the author of this book because they are such good friends (after he has kept his story secret for some odd years). But what I understand is that he claims to be one the Lords main-to-go-to guys if not is main-to-go-to guy. And hearing all the stories about his main mission I'm wondering if this OMS is him because he is now a bishop of the church and from what i know that this OMS is called the Lord's clerk. Please reply and share your input on this...

'Spencer' told his story to John Pontius, who is dead. 'Spencer' never went public and never sought the limelight. Since he's done nothing to attempt to get others to follow him, I think he'd be dismayed at your trying to make him out to be something he is not. He's serving as a Bishop, and I guarantee you he will be released and will get some other calling and since there is no calling for the 'OMS', it won't be that.

If you want to speculate over this 'One mighty and Strong', then you'll find plenty of people on this forum who will debate it with you. None of them, I'm pretty sure, will agree with you. They have other people in mind--Denver Snuffer, The 'Josephite' (unnamed at this time),...or maybe themselves... And then there's all the polygamist break off sects who's leaders claim to be the one mighty and strong.

Let me give you a bit of advice. If you are looking for a person(I don't care who he or she is) to come and 'save' us, you are looking 'Beyond the Mark'. The Lord Jesus Christ is THE 'mark' we should be looking to, and if you are looking for anyone else, you'll probably find an Antichrist.

We live in the last days and the only one we should be looking forward to is our Savior Jesus Christ, who will return, as he said he would, and not some 'arm of flesh', some socalled 'one mighty and strong', who'll lead you off into strange paths. I wouldn't do it, if I were you....it never ends well.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

AI2.0 wrote: January 29th, 2018, 8:47 am
KingZulqarnayn wrote: January 27th, 2018, 2:50 pm Hi, I'm new to this site but I've been researching over the years about deep doctrines of the church. During my research, I came across the One Mighty and Strong and understood that it was to be a future bishop of this church who would wear a gown of light and would be called to give people their residences and ordinances in Zion while also steadying the ark of God and holding a Scepter of Power. (Luke 3:16, Isaiah 28:2, 2 Nephi 3:24, D&C 85:7-8, also Wikipedia's site on One Mighty and Strong) Others have said it wouldn't be a future bishop that it would be a previous prophet like Adam, Jesus, or Joseph Smith, Jr, but it can't be because the OMS dies and Romans 6:9 is the law of resurrection telling you that you can't die twice. Also, the OMS is a calling that Edward Partridge use to have, so it can't be a prophets calling but instead one of the prophet's servants callings. I've recently come across this book called Visions of Glory about a LDS member who NDE'd and told his story about his NDE and also his visions that he claims to have had to the author of this book because they are such good friends (after he has kept his story secret for some odd years). But what I understand is that he claims to be one the Lords main-to-go-to guys if not is main-to-go-to guy. And hearing all the stories about his main mission I'm wondering if this OMS is him because he is now a bishop of the church and from what i know that this OMS is called the Lord's clerk. Please reply and share your input on this...

'Spencer' told his story to John Pontius, who is dead. 'Spencer' never went public and never sought the limelight. Since he's done nothing to attempt to get others to follow him, I think he'd be dismayed at your trying to make him out to be something he is not. He's serving as a Bishop, and I guarantee you he will be released and will get some other calling and since there is no calling for the 'OMS', it won't be that.

If you want to speculate over this 'One mighty and Strong', then you'll find plenty of people on this forum who will debate it with you. None of them, I'm pretty sure, will agree with you. They have other people in mind--Denver Snuffer, The 'Josephite' (unnamed at this time),...or maybe themselves... And then there's all the polygamist break off sects who's leaders claim to be the one mighty and strong.

Let me give you a bit of advice. If you are looking for a person(I don't care who he or she is) to come and 'save' us, you are looking 'Beyond the Mark'. The Lord Jesus Christ is THE 'mark' we should be looking to, and if you are looking for anyone else, you'll probably find an Antichrist.

We live in the last days and the only one we should be looking forward to is our Savior Jesus Christ, who will return, as he said he would, and not some 'arm of flesh', some socalled 'one mighty and strong', who'll lead you off into strange paths. I wouldn't do it, if I were you....it never ends well.
The foregoing is hereby nominated as The Post of The Month, January 2018. Great job, AI2.0!

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

AI2.0 wrote: January 29th, 2018, 8:47 am
'Spencer' told his story to John Pontius, who is dead.
Lol...

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

simpleton wrote: January 29th, 2018, 7:12 am
Except that your above assessment (If I may kindly disagree) is incorrect regarding specifically the 85th section of the D&C.
If you read and study as to the reasons why that excerpt from a long letter was inserted into the D&C as the 85th section you will see that it applies to a certain situation and condition within "God's House" similar to what was happening in Missouri at the time and also predicting what would transpire in the future in God's same "House".
We mostly reject the obvious reason of the giving of that section because it directly implies that God's House will be " out of order" when this "One mighty and Strong" shows up on the scene, and This Servant who has " Light for a covering " sets "God's House" back in order. And also it is beyond our comprehension that God's House could possibly be out of order. Or at the very least that we are members of a ( or the) house of God that is out of order. The " One Mighty and Strong" in that section also " arranges by lot the inheritance of the saints", specifically ( IMO) applies to the church as it is the church specifically that has or keeps that record.
As far as the word "House" applies, there is definitely the "House of Isreal" and the "House of David" and as well as our private houses, but God did not use any of those terms at all. He said " to set in order the " House of God", but we in our pride because we figure we belong to the "House of God " that in no way could we be out of order, but I say let each one examine for him/herself and draw their own conclusions.
The revelation continues on referring to those in the priesthood, and then gives that reference to Ezra 2, 61-62:
I’m aware of these things. I didn’t say the interpretation presented in my post was the only interpretation or even the primary one. It simply best complimented my reasoning on how this servant’s mission will not be carried out by/through the Church as well as my opinion that he is not Spencer.

I agree with what you posted about the scripture and it’s background. I would point out how nothing I stated contradicts it, save when I stated that the LDS church is not God’s house. This is because it is a temporary establishment, a stepping stone from apostasy to Zion. The House of God is eternal. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is not.
simpleton wrote: January 29th, 2018, 7:12 am Another use of the term "House of God" is the Temple, and who or what do we claim in regards to our temples? That answer is most obvious.
So "The house of God" is the Church or the Temple or both combined ,(which is what I believe).
I also believe the temple is a house of
God. I would advise you not to get caught up in semantics. One word may have multiple meanings, and scriptural phrases may have more than one application.
simpleton wrote: January 29th, 2018, 7:12 am The wheat and the tares are still to this day in our church growing together, side by side, literally. And that means that of all the members of the church right now today a certain percentage are tares, and according to my understanding of the scriptures that percentage is a bare minimum of 50%. So of 16,000,000 members 8,000,000 are tares. But I actually think the number is way higher probably closer to 90%, (speculation). And of course i do not know who we/they are, nor do I want to know. But I most definitely hope that I am not a tare.
I also believe that it is this " One Mighty and Strong " that separates the wheat from the tares, and that He saves a remnant of the whole House of Isreal, and that He is a " Man like unto Moses" and does similiar work that Moses did, except that He does a far greater work, so much greater that we won't talk about what Moses did anymore, but rather what He will do in the future.
Though I wouldn’t personally subscribe to your numerical estimates, I agree with what you’ve written here.
simpleton wrote: January 29th, 2018, 7:12 am And now according to the above, we have another claimant to add the the continually growing list of hundreds of claimants of "wannabees".
You label me a “claimant” and a “wannabe”. What have I claimed? And who do I “wanna be”? I claim nothing, and I respect everyone’s ability to believe as they will. What I wrote is what I believe. By all means, try and refute it and share what you believe. I acknowledge my fallabilty and that I may be incorrect, but don’t put words in my mouth or presume to falsely judge my moral character.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

No no no no , im sorry.. I did not label you at all.. that was meant for Spencer

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

simpleton wrote: January 29th, 2018, 11:56 am No no no no , im sorry.. I did not label you at all.. that was meant for Spencer
Ok, I misunderstood your post.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Welcome KingZulqarnayn! You can discover the truth of "Visions of Glory" and of the Davidic Servant by seeking, pondering, and prayer. God does make such known to those who diligently seek.
1 Nephi 10:19 For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost, as well in these times as in times of old, and as well in times of old as in times to come; wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round.
God does answer prayers, but we must inquire and not give in to the same spirit that encompassed Laman and Lemuel.
1 Nephi 15:8 And I said unto them: Have ye inquired of the Lord?
9 And they said unto me: We have not; for the Lord maketh no such thing known unto us.
10 Behold, I said unto them: How is it that ye do not keep the commandments of the Lord? How is it that ye will perish, because of the hardness of your hearts?
11 Do ye not remember the things which the Lord hath said?—If ye will not harden your hearts, and ask me in faith, believing that ye shall receive, with diligence in keeping my commandments, surely these things shall be made known unto you.
Here's my witness of Visions of Glory, though certainly take this to the source rather than take my word for it.

The affirmation of the spirit was very sporadic as I read the book, and many sections felt flatly false. My best guess is stories and myths were taken and the spirit could only confirm those elements that were true.

There was nothing in Spencer's narrative in my view that aligns him to the OMS - I agree very much with Abijah's reply. The OMS is the latter-day King David.
"the throne and kingdom of David is to be taken from him and given to another by the name of David in the last days, raised up out of his lineage" ~ Joseph Smith (TPJS, p. 339)

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

The one Mighty and Strong is none other than President Nelson. Last month it was President Monson.

2 For behold, verily, verily, I say unto you, that ye have received a commandment for a law unto my church, through him whom I have appointed unto you to receive commandments and revelations from my hand.

3 And this ye shall know assuredly—that there is none other appointed unto you to receive commandments and revelations until he be taken, if he abide in me.

4 But verily, verily, I say unto you, that none else shall be appointed unto this gift except it be through him; for if it be taken from him he shall not have power except to appoint another in his stead.

and-

11 Again I say unto you, that it shall not be given to any one to go forth to preach my gospel, or to build up my church, except he be ordained by some one who has authority, and it is known to the church that he has authority and has been regularly ordained by the heads of the church.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

alaris wrote: January 29th, 2018, 12:04 pm
Welcome KingZulqarnayn! You can discover the truth of "Visions of Glory" and of the Davidic Servant by seeking, pondering, and prayer. God does make such known to those who diligently seek.
1 Nephi 10:19 For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost, as well in these times as in times of old, and as well in times of old as in times to come; wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round.
God does answer prayers, but we must inquire and not give in to the same spirit that encompassed Laman and Lemuel.
9 And they said unto me: We have not; for the Lord maketh no such thing known unto us.
10 Behold, I said unto them: How is it that ye do not keep the commandments of the Lord? How is it that ye will perish, because of the hardness of your hearts?
11 Do ye not remember the things which the Lord hath said?—If ye will not harden your hearts, and ask me in faith, believing that ye shall receive, with diligence in keeping my commandments, surely these things shall be made known unto you.
Here's my witness of Visions of Glory, though certainly take this to the source rather than take my word for it.

The affirmation of the spirit was very sporadic as I read the book, and many sections felt flatly false. My best guess is stories and myths were taken and the spirit could only confirm those elements that were true.

There was nothing in Spencer's narrative in my view that aligns him to the OMS - I agree very much with Abijah's reply. The OMS is the latter-day King David.
"the throne and kingdom of David is to be taken from him and given to another by the name of David in the last days, raised up out of his lineage" ~ Joseph Smith (TPJS, p. 339)
Only Avraham Gileadi knows who the OMS is. He is the only one who knows how to interpret Isaiah. We should follow him and no one else. Power to the people!

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

All I can say is that if we can't travel through time via portals while at the New Jerusalem I am going to apostatize.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

GrandMasterB wrote: January 29th, 2018, 2:07 pm

Only Avraham Gileadi knows who the OMS is. He is the only one who knows how to interpret Isaiah. We should follow him and no one else. Power to the people!
God knows who the OMS is. Have you inquired of the Lord?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

alaris wrote: January 29th, 2018, 2:43 pm

Would the heretic in the house please find another hobby? Another website? Another planet to spew your heresy upon?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Silver wrote: January 29th, 2018, 3:08 pm

Would the heretic in the house please find another hobby? Another website? Another planet to spew your heresy upon?
Does the heretic invite people to pray or does he offer the dark spirit of contention with reviling?

I always invite others to pray and offer a constructive viewpoint - whether right or wrong. Many here seem to be more interested in persecuting others for their beliefs - whether those beliefs are right or wrong the persecution is wrong.
persecute (pûrˈsĭ-kyo͞otˌ)►
v. To oppress or harass with ill-treatment, especially because of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or beliefs.
Mocking
Alma 5:30 And again I say unto you, is there one among you that doth make a mock of his brother, or that heapeth upon him persecutions?

31 Wo unto such an one, for he is not prepared, and the time is at hand that he must repent or he cannot be saved!
Verse 32 basically says, "unless you are right and they are wrong. Then heapeth up the persecutions with reviling and mocking!"

Actually, no it doesn't
Alma 5:32 Yea, even wo unto all ye workers of iniquity; repent, repent, for the Lord God hath spoken it!
So I should get a new hobby when mine is seeking the truth and yours is attacking individuals?

In fact I have prayed about these things and I have received pointed, direct answers from the Lord. But do not take my word for it. Pray about it. Certainly don't take the word of the mockers and revilers who use fear and shame as tools of debate. There are not two large and spacious buildings but one. Perhaps a careful study of 1 Nephi 8 may make a more effective use of your time than pointing fingers and attempting to shame people away from their path Silver.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

alaris wrote: January 29th, 2018, 3:16 pm

Does the heretic invite people to pray or does he offer the dark spirit of contention with reviling?

I always invite others to pray and offer a constructive viewpoint - whether right or wrong. Many here seem to be more interested in persecuting others for their beliefs - whether those beliefs are right or wrong the persecution is wrong.
v. To oppress or harass with ill-treatment, especially because of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or beliefs.
Mocking
Alma 5:30 And again I say unto you, is there one among you that doth make a mock of his brother, or that heapeth upon him persecutions?

31 Wo unto such an one, for he is not prepared, and the time is at hand that he must repent or he cannot be saved!
Verse 32 basically says, "unless you are right and they are wrong. Then heapeth up the persecutions with reviling and mocking!"

Actually, no it doesn't
Alma 5:32 Yea, even wo unto all ye workers of iniquity; repent, repent, for the Lord God hath spoken it!
So I should get a new hobby when mine is seeking the truth and yours is attacking individuals?

In fact I have prayed about these things and I have received pointed, direct answers from the Lord. But do not take my word for it. Pray about it. Certainly don't take the word of the mockers and revilers who use fear and shame as tools of debate. There are not two large and spacious buildings but one. Perhaps a careful study of 1 Nephi 8 may make a more effective use of your time than pointing fingers and attempting to shame people away from their path Silver.
I'm happy to re-engage, alarisherem. You are the guy who bitterly complains about your line leaders while spreading heresy and you think you're going to tell us about revelation. Your sources immediately comes into question.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Silver wrote: January 29th, 2018, 3:18 pm

Mocking

Actually, no it doesn't

I'm happy to re-engage, alarisherem. You are the guy who bitterly complains about your line leaders while spreading heresy and you think you're going to tell us about revelation. Your sources immediately comes into question.
My source is humility, study, and prayer. You should try it.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

alaris wrote: January 29th, 2018, 3:20 pm
Silver wrote: January 29th, 2018, 3:18 pm

Mocking

Actually, no it doesn't

My source is humility, study, and prayer. You should try it.
If you claim to be humble, you're not.
If you think you studied the lie of MMP in the LDS Church, you are mistaken.
If you prayed and got an answer, it was from the adversary.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Of course 'Spencer' is not the One mighty and strong.

However, you are combining scriptures to reach this conclusion to fit your own theory which is as way off-base as KingZulcharnayn's. The One mighty and Strong, is mentioned in the D&C, in regards to the Presiding Bishop of the church; it was Edward Partridge at the time. It is not clear if there is another person who will come in the future (Per the 1st. Presidency statement around 1900). IF the OMS does come in the future, he will be known to the church, he will be called and set apart to serve and exercise priesthood authority, most likely the Presiding Bishop or the Prophet. He will not be an outsider. There is nothing in the D&C description of him that mentions his lineage.

The Messiah Ben David will be Jewish. He will be a Leader to the Jews in the last days.

I recall that as I've read your posts on this subject, the scriptures you used to come to your conclusions are mostly prophecies about Jesus Christ or Joseph Smith. I seriously do not understand why you want to influence others to look to some man instead of looking to Christ with your Josephite Predictions. This is not just directed at Alaris, this is also directed to others on the forum who have brought their theories of the Davidic Servant and the One mighty and strong and are looking for an 'arm of flesh'.... to do what? Lead them? I"m not sure, but what I do know is that they are setting themselves up to not look to our LDS Prophets and Apostles for counsel and guidance in the last days and instead follow after an Anti-christ.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

AI2.0 wrote: January 29th, 2018, 4:21 pm

However, you are combining scriptures to reach this conclusion to fit your own theory which is as way off-base as KingZulcharnayn's. The One mighty and Strong, is mentioned in the D&C, in regards to the Presiding Bishop of the church; it was Edward Partridge at the time. It is not clear if there is another person who will come in the future (Per the 1st. Presidency statement around 1900). IF the OMS does come in the future, he will be known to the church, he will be called and set apart to serve and exercise priesthood authority, most likely the Presiding Bishop or the Prophet. He will not be an outsider. There is nothing in the D&C description of him that mentions his lineage.

The Messiah Ben David will be Jewish. He will be a Leader to the Jews in the last days.

I recall that as I've read your posts on this subject, the scriptures you used to come to your conclusions are mostly prophecies about Jesus Christ or Joseph Smith. I seriously do not understand why you want to influence others to look to some man instead of looking to Christ with your Josephite Predictions. This is not just directed at Alaris, this is also directed to others on the forum who have brought their theories of the Davidic Servant and the One mighty and strong and are looking for an 'arm of flesh'.... to do what? Lead them? I"m not sure, but what I do know is that they are setting themselves up to not look to our LDS Prophets and Apostles for counsel and guidance in the last days and instead follow after an Anti-christ.
You can only learn these truths through study and prayer. If I am wrong then that same spirit of truth will point it out, will it not? These truths cause an immense cognitive dissonance - they did in me as well as we LDS tend to cram just about every prophecy into a cozy paradigm. That's why humility is so essential - the Lord cannot show you anything you think you already see clearly. And why would he? You have not earned the right to be that truth's shepherd for you have not sought it. Pearls before swine.
D&C 85:7 And it shall come to pass that I, the Lord God, will send one mighty and strong, holding the scepter of power in his hand, clothed with light for a covering, whose mouth shall utter words, eternal words; while his bowels shall be a fountain of truth, to set in order the house of God, and to arrange by lot the inheritances of the saints whose names are found, and the names of their fathers, and of their children, enrolled in the book of the law of God;
  • Mighty and Strong
  • Holding the Scepter of Power
  • Clothed with Light for a covering
  • His mouth shall utter eternal words
  • His bowels shall be a fountain of truth
  • to set in order the house of God
  • to arrange by lot the inheritances of the saints whose name are found
  • and the names of their fathers
  • and of their children
That's quite a list of attributes from one verse. Did Edward Partridge fulfill all of those things? Absolutely not -
D&C 113:3 What is the rod spoken of in the first verse of the 11th chapter of Isaiah, that should come of the Stem of Jesse?
4 Behold, thus saith the Lord: It is a servant in the hands of Christ, who is partly a descendant of Jesse as well as of Ephraim, or of the house of Joseph, on whom there is laid much power.
But, again don't take my word for it, and do not take AI 2.0's word for it. Study it out, ponder, and pray on it for yourself.

I'm certainly not looking for an arm of flesh to lead me - I prayed in humility asking to receive according to the promise laid out in 2 Nephi 28:30 not knowing what I would receive. There are many who see eye to eye with me who did so by this exact means and not by some other:
2 Nephi 28:30 For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have.
It is not a righteous spirit but an evil one that persuades men and women to contend with one another - to persecute others for their beliefs. The Apostles and Prophets do not waste their time outlining individuals who have strayed heaping upon them mocking and persecutions - they have laid out the example for you to follow - follow it. There's certainly no cause to persecute others by your own estimation without that telltale fruit of the spirit - that anyone can find truth by the same means and not rely on your arm of flesh, or mine, for answers.

lemuel
Operating Thetan

Post by lemuel »

I think the idea of Spencer being Jesus' right-hand-man/OMS comes from the bit in VoG where Spencer had an office next door to Jesus' office.

Jesus needed no office when he lived in Jerusalem, and I doubt he'll need one in the New Jerusalem.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

alaris wrote: January 29th, 2018, 4:43 pm
AI2.0 wrote: January 29th, 2018, 4:21 pm

You can only learn these truths through study and prayer. If I am wrong then that same spirit of truth will point it out, will it not? These truths cause an immense cognitive dissonance - they did in me as well as we LDS tend to cram just about every prophecy into a cozy paradigm. That's why humility is so essential - the Lord cannot show you anything you think you already see clearly. And why would he? You have not earned the right to be that truth's shepherd for you have not sought it. Pearls before swine.
D&C 85:7 And it shall come to pass that I, the Lord God, will send one mighty and strong, holding the scepter of power in his hand, clothed with light for a covering, whose mouth shall utter words, eternal words; while his bowels shall be a fountain of truth, to set in order the house of God, and to arrange by lot the inheritances of the saints whose names are found, and the names of their fathers, and of their children, enrolled in the book of the law of God;
  • Mighty and Strong
  • Holding the Scepter of Power
  • Clothed with Light for a covering
  • His mouth shall utter eternal words
  • His bowels shall be a fountain of truth
  • to set in order the house of God
  • to arrange by lot the inheritances of the saints whose name are found
  • and the names of their fathers
  • and of their children
That's quite a list of attributes from one verse. Did Edward Partridge fulfill all of those things? Absolutely not -
D&C 113:3 What is the rod spoken of in the first verse of the 11th chapter of Isaiah, that should come of the Stem of Jesse?
4 Behold, thus saith the Lord: It is a servant in the hands of Christ, who is partly a descendant of Jesse as well as of Ephraim, or of the house of Joseph, on whom there is laid much power.
But, again don't take my word for it, and do not take AI 2.0's word for it. Study it out, ponder, and pray on it for yourself.

I'm certainly not looking for an arm of flesh to lead me - I prayed in humility asking to receive according to the promise laid out in 2 Nephi 28:30 not knowing what I would receive. There are many who see eye to eye with me who did so by this exact means and not by some other:
2 Nephi 28:30 For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have.
It is not a righteous spirit but an evil one that persuades men and women to contend with one another - to persecute others for their beliefs. The Apostles and Prophets do not waste their time outlining individuals who have strayed heaping upon them mocking and persecutions - they have laid out the example for you to follow - follow it. There's certainly no cause to persecute others by your own estimation without that telltale fruit of the spirit - that anyone can find truth by the same means and not rely on your arm of flesh, or mine, for answers.
Still you persist in insisting that everyone pray over your favorite heresies. Several of us have already informed you in your heretical MMP thread that we did pray and are certain that you're deceived and since you continue to preach falsehood you are now a deceiver as well. The Living Christ: The Testimony of the Apostles makes it very clear that you are wrong. It's a short read. It will do your soul good.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

David Partridge was not the one mighty and strong. He was having issues with giving the saints their inheritance, or lot. If he didn't repent, the Lord was going to send one mighty and strong to correct Bishop Partridge's mistakes. Who has authority over the presiding Bishop? The Prophet. At that time the one mighty and strong would've been Joseph Smith. His successors have the same power and authority. Today his successor is President Nelson. If today's presiding Bishop performs his duties incorrectly, President Nelson has the authority to correct him and replace him if needed. And yes Alaris, I studied this out prayerfully and this is the answer I was given. The one mighty and strong is none other than President Nelson.