Deleted

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Re: Do you fear the end of times and 2nd Coming or do you look forward to it?

Post by Older/wiser? »

I don't fear the end of times, I fear what is happening and what will happen to this next generation if Our Savior delays. That being said I also realize that the stronger the opposition the stronger the righteous become. Having lost one to the adversary I "fear" losing more of those whom I love and care about.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

I look forward to it.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

CelestialAngel,

What is at he end of the trail is wonderful, but I cannot deny, anxiety, about what we have to go through to get there.

Regards,

George Clay

gangbusters
captain of 100

Post by gangbusters »

Burn, baby, burn!!

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

It's normal to have a few mixed feelings. People want to make sure they have shelter, food, fuel, and clothing. (Talked about in one of Dallin H Oaks' talks ;) Those are the things that people are worrying about having. But what's interesting is that we see that we have more freedom when we learn to live with less. We don't need tons of stuff. We can learn to be happy without a lot of things that traditional Americans 'think' they need but don't actually need.

Part of self sufficiency is identifying what we don't need; wants. What we do need; needs. We've had a lot of focus on learning how to learn how to take care of ourselves too. I think this will continue to increase. I think this is good. I think it robs your freedom and happiness to not know how to make the things you need and be dependent on buying them from others. That's what corporations want. When you can't make your own food or take care of yourself then they can put the prices at anything they want.

As you search for the Spirit for comfort you can feel these small anxieties work themselves out. Look for the comfort of Christ's love and Heavenly Father's love. They want to give us a world that is peaceful. It's just that Satan is opposing that and trying to wreck those plans.

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

I fear the time before the Lord comes, not ready for the suffering and not ready for the complaining. Lord help me if those IPhones do not work, my wife and kids will not make it a day.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Teachings of President Russell M. Nelson

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... IDyL1-B_

Joy and Spiritual Survival
As conflicts between nations escalate, as cowardly terrorists prey on the innocent, and as corruption in everything from business to government becomes increasingly commonplace, what can help us? What can help each of us with our personal struggles and with the rigorous challenge of living in these latter days?

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

LDS Anarchist wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 2:37 pm I look forward to it. (But the apostasy stage is going to be kind of a drag.)
Don't you think we have started that stage. Maybe the persecution stage is what will be the separating of the wheat and tares..

Tbone
captain of 100

Post by Tbone »

LDS Anarchist wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 4:19 pm The apostate stage is when the wheat and tares ripen together and finally reveal themselves.
Do most wheat disciples know that they are wheat and do tares know they are tares? Or is it a matter of being tested until you find out which you want to be?

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

Perhaps we are what we are as it relates to wheat or tares but we may not realize yet which we are...the separation could simply be the culmination of all our choices over the years. One cannot disregard their spirituality for years and change over night. A testimony needs to be fed and nurished, if this hasn't been happening, the separation will reveal this. It may not be that the tares are "evil" but more slothful and lazy.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Tbone wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 4:30 pm
LDS Anarchist wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 4:19 pm The apostate stage is when the wheat and tares ripen together and finally reveal themselves.
Do most wheat disciples know that they are wheat and do tares know they are tares? Or is it a matter of being tested until you find out which you want to be?
I think you have a right to be warned if you are a tare. Jesus is plenty fair. If your heart wants to be a wheat then that is what you will be.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

CelestialAngel wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 12:00 pm I'm mixed. I fear everything we as a world and society have to go through to get there, but Jesus Christ returning would be the greatest thing ever and that seems to be the only way we can get Him to return. All I know is I want to prepare spiritually to be at peace with Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost and be ready in my heart and in my soul.
Both scared and very excited. I'm scared to see everything fall apart, but I am very excited for Jesus to return.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Juliet wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 4:47 pm
Tbone wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 4:30 pm
I think you have a right to be warned if you are a tare. Jesus is plenty fair. If your heart wants to be a wheat then that is what you will be.
Agree. We receive frequent reminders and regular lessons/talks on the parable of the ten virgins which are designed to warn us and jolt us out of our complacency/apathy/sin. If we haven't offended the Holy Ghost too much, we should know how we stand with the Lord. However, knowing and doing are two different things.

I'm looking forward to the end times with great anticipation because I have used the blessings given to me by the Lord to prepare the sorts of things the prophets have counseled us about for decades:
Food
Water (filters)
Financial Reserve
Skills

It's all about priorities.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

I used to look forward to it because I thought the world was bad and in my youthful pride I thought I understood how everything would transpire. Now, many years later, and many years after I thought this would all be done.... I wish I could go back to those good 'ole days when the world was so much better and tell my young arrogant self "you are ignorant. You have no idea what is coming".

That is the part I fear...I still have no idea what is coming, nor how long it will last.

Probably like every christian for the past 2000 years my wish is "soon".

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

I certainly enjoy life now. So many conveniences. However, if we can't have the 2nd Coming without going through some severe testing, I'll take Trials & Tribulations for a $1000, Alex. Let's roll.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I have done everything in my power to prepare spiritually and temporally. If it's not my time to go and I survive the coming tribulation, things will be glorious.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

CelestialAngel wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 12:00 pm Do you fear the end of times and 2nd Coming or do you look forward to it?
Yes.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

I look forward to it. Yes, there will be very hard times, but they will bring us closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ than we can now imagine. Miracles greater than I can now imagine will be daily occurrences to help us through those times, and we will see amazing things. But most of all, I look forward to what is going to be revealed, missionary work among a humbled population, and seeing evil works of the world destroyed.

I just hope I have a companion I can lean on. I don't want to try facing what's coming alone.

MR. T
captain of 50

Post by MR. T »

I think anyone that says "bring it on" doesn't understand what is heading our way!

Your homes will be taken from you (earthquake)
You food will be taken from you (martial law)
The saints will deal with persecution and oppression (mobs and martial law)
The church organization will be shut down for a period if time (mobs and martial law)
(lots of quotes about all of this)

The Savior's "test" was the atonement and while he did not fear it he did not look forward to it either. ("if it be possible")

"Before that day comes, however, the Saints will be put to the test that will try the very best of them.
"The pressure will become so great that the righteous among us will cry unto the Lord day and night until
deliverance comes."
"Then is the time to look out for the great sieve, for there will be a great sifting time, and many will fall.
"For I say unto you there is a test, a Test, a TEST coming."

The Gift of Prophecy
J. Golden Kimball
Of the First Council of Seventy Conference Report, October 1930, p.58

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

MR. T wrote: January 24th, 2018, 1:08 am I think anyone that says "bring it on" doesn't understand what is heading our way!

Your homes will be taken from you (earthquake)
You food will be taken from you (martial law)
The saints will deal with persecution and oppression (mobs and martial law)
The church organization will be shut down for a period if time (mobs and martial law)
(lots of quotes about all of this)

The Savior's "test" was the atonement and while he did not fear it he did not look forward to it either. ("if it be possible")

"Before that day comes, however, the Saints will be put to the test that will try the very best of them.
"The pressure will become so great that the righteous among us will cry unto the Lord day and night until
deliverance comes."
"Then is the time to look out for the great sieve, for there will be a great sifting time, and many will fall.
"For I say unto you there is a test, a Test, a TEST coming."

The Gift of Prophecy
J. Golden Kimball
Of the First Council of Seventy Conference Report, October 1930, p.58

Anyone saying "bring it on" has probably never went without. I do not look forward to being tested. Its gona be awful, you can believe that.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Is there a way to see the arrival of the Savior and the launch of the Millennium without going through the tribulations? Perhaps the only way is to die now or soon. So, considering the alternative, I hope I can remain both alive and faithful until the end.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

“So long as we see the bow in the cloud, seed time and harvest shall continue that year. When the bow shall cease, then shall come famine, wars, and so forth, after which the sign of the Son of Man shall be seen in heaven.” (Kent P. Jackson, Joseph Smith's Commentary on the Bible, p.112.)
Joseph Smith’s statement above leads me to believe that “famine, wars, and so forth” will commence in conjunction with the bows disappearance and that in that same year we shall trek back to Jackson County and participate in the coming of the Bridegroom. In other words “for the elect sake those days shall be shortened”. The Lord has prepared all things needed in order to save “the elect”.

Jamescm
captain of 100

Post by Jamescm »

When I was young I was always nervous about the Second Coming, primarily because I wanted to sit down and enjoy my hobbies in at least relative peace and safety. Since getting older I've shifted my mindset much more toward taking responsibility for myself. I'm a lot better about seeking and ensuring safety, rather than merely clinging to it. I also have a much more eternal perspective than when I was young, and I'm really not as concerned with simply living or dying.

Besides, what greater vindication of my faith could I ever expect-short of heavenly visitation-than to actually be dragging my family someplace to avoid persecution or tyranny? Never could I become as strong or certain of what I've learned in the gospel than if such were to occur. It would be unpleasant, but so is sprinting uphill until the results start coming in.

Goonerboy
captain of 50

Post by Goonerboy »

I think it is great that we live in the end of times as great things are coming. If you are doing the best that you can in living the gospel then that is enough in the eyes of the Lord. Each of us know if we are doing our best and so does the Lord. If you can feel the spirit with you then you are doing ok.
Bring oh bring the welcome day...