Deleted

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Sunain
captain of 1,000

Re: Do you fear the end of times and 2nd Coming or do you look forward to it?

Post by Sunain »

Those that fear the second coming need to really check their worthiness and preparedness. The second coming will be a glorious event on our eternal journey towards immortality and eternal life. I look forward to it and wish it occurs in my lifetime!

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

I don't fear the end times themselves... I fear getting seriously hurt during the end times. Let's face it... lots of people are gonna die during the opening phase of the Tribulations... and those deaths aint gonna be pretty. I am willing to bet that there is gonna be a lot of suffering for those that are dying... and some of them are gonna be righteous. No one in their right mind WOULDN'T fear the pains that come from a torturous or prolonged death... at least a little bit.

I am not afraid of death, but of dying. I would want my death to be as quick and as painless as possible. But nevertheless let it be according to the Will of the Lord. I respect the Lord more than I fear pain, but that doesn't mean that I DONT in fact, fear pain and sorrow.

Rand
captain of 1,000

Post by Rand »

Probably my greatest fear is murmuring...

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

I don't think anyone here fears the 2nd Coming itself. It's the destruction and carnage that comes before that event that cause some trepidation - and yes, many righteous will die horrible deaths in the process. But the 2nd Coming - a glorious thing to look forward to!

Patriot16
captain of 100

Post by Patriot16 »

I perceive so much longing for the end times in this forum. I don't think the vast majority of those who long for the end times will like the reality of it. I think people in the tent cities will be cold, dirty, hungry and sick. I don't think there will be any internet or wide screen TVs. And I don't think the vast majority will like living under a theocracy.

Patriot16

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Patriot16 wrote: January 24th, 2018, 9:52 pm I perceive so much longing for the end times in this forum. I don't think the vast majority of those who long for the end times will like the reality of it. I think people in the tent cities will be cold, dirty, hungry and sick. I don't think there will be any internet or wide screen TVs. And I don't think the vast majority will like living under a theocracy.

Patriot16
To make sure I am clearly understood, I anticipate living through something that compares with what the ill-fated handcart companies endured. I anticipate being cold, hungry, in constant pain, incredibly bored at times, suffering more than I want to contemplate. It's going to be as pleasant as hell week in BUD/S or other SpecOps selection trials, only it's going to last much longer.

HOWEVER, during that painful trial, we will be stripped of pride and everything else we don't need. We will become far more righteous than we now think possible, we will develop far greater faith than most of us have ever observed, and we will experience far greater miracles than most of us can imagine on a daily basis.

As the tribulations proceed, in the midst of our sorrow we will enjoy the blessing of seeing the great evils of the world destroyed. During and after those tribulations we will see missionary successes unknown in today's world. And when we get to the other side of the storm, we will have a better, bright future to enjoy.

the_sign
captain of 100

Post by the_sign »

We are already in "the time of the end" as per Daniel 11:40, 12:4, and 12:9.

To give some further perspective of this "time of the end", also called "the appointed time" or "the time ordained", the meeting of the two kings foretold in Daniel 11:40 took place on November 8, 2012 A.D., it was the 58th day of the 2,300 day cleansing period of Daniel 8:14.

In less than an hour there will remain only 336 days of this foretold cleansing period.

Regular updates to the countdown to the Day of the Lord by the sign of the Son of Man in Heaven at :

http://risen-from-the-dead.forumotion.com/

MR. T
captain of 50

Post by MR. T »

friendsofthe wrote: January 24th, 2018, 8:45 am
“So long as we see the bow in the cloud, seed time and harvest shall continue that year. When the bow shall cease, then shall come famine, wars, and so forth, after which the sign of the Son of Man shall be seen in heaven.” (Kent P. Jackson, Joseph Smith's Commentary on the Bible, p.112.)
Joseph Smith’s statement above leads me to believe that “famine, wars, and so forth” will commence in conjunction with the bows disappearance and that in that same year we shall trek back to Jackson County and participate in the coming of the Bridegroom. In other words “for the elect sake those days shall be shortened”. The Lord has prepared all things needed in order to save “the elect”.
Treking to Jackson County will have taken place long before the year of the coming of the Lord - Treking to Jackson County and the return of the lost tribes is a 6th seal event See D&C 77:10

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

the_sign wrote: January 25th, 2018, 8:58 pm We are already in "the time of the end" as per Daniel 11:40, 12:4, and 12:9.

To give some further perspective of this "time of the end", also called "the appointed time" or "the time ordained", the meeting of the two kings foretold in Daniel 11:40 took place on November 8, 2012 A.D., it was the 58th day of the 2,300 day cleansing period of Daniel 8:14.

In less than an hour there will remain only 336 days of this foretold cleansing period.

Regular updates to the countdown to the Day of the Lord by the sign of the Son of Man in Heaven at :

http://risen-from-the-dead.forumotion.com/
If you think the great tribulations that we will see with the end times are already upon us, you are going to be shocked at what's coming.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I am intrigued about that "beast" described in Revelation 13:7, the one that will "make war with the saints" and "overcome them", and that will have "power...over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.", and will be worshipped by "all that dwell upon the earth".

Then there are prophesies in the D&C and from private visions of an overflowing scourge, pestilence, hail, famine, and earthquake which will apparently kill off wicked people and make room for the "lost tribes of Israel"

And a second "civil war" that Joseph Smith prophesied about.