Julie Rowe 'memories' in her podcast are false memories

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Julie Rowe 'memories' in her podcast are false memories

Post by AI2.0 »

This deserved it's own thread because it clearly proves that either Julie Rowe is a liar or her 'memories' are coming from a false source. I don't know which it is, but either way, she got it all wrong.

In number 57, she shared 'memories', which she explains are scenes that were shown her through the window of life and were 'in vision'. So, these events are things that happened in the past and she's being shown; she's able to see them through the eyes of the people experiencing them, or looking on.

She decided to share what she 'saw' of Jerusha Smith, Hyrum Smith's first wife. It starts at about 8 minutes into the podcast.

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/juli ... 9_29-08_00

Julie claims that she saw 'scenes' in the bedroom between Hyrum and Jerusha; Jerusha was crying to Hyrum, she felt set aside because of Mary Fielding Smith, Hyrum's second wife. She claims that Jerusha accepted the covenants and understood what was expected, but it was hard.

She also talks about Jerusha after the martyrdom, that the 'loss' brought her together with the 'other wives'.

She claims Jerusha 'stayed faithful' and it was too bad that the prophet line didn't come through her children.

Julie says that she's 'hidden' and has been 'marginalized'.

So what's the problem?

How could Julie see 'in vision' events that never took place? The events she described could not have taken place because Jerusha Smith died in 1837 and Hyrum married Mary Fielding a few weeks later. They were never plural wives together, the practice in secret didn't start till 1841 and Hyrum Smith was kept in the dark till about 1843. He was one of the leaders who didn't hear about it until after some of the other apostles knew what was going on. When he did finally accept it, he took two plural wives later that year. So, polygamy never touched Jerusha's life--she was not upset about being 'set aside' by a new wife, she was not accepting of polygamy, she had no knowledge of it-- she and Hyrum lived in monogamy.

Also, she was dead at the time of the martyrdom, so there no way she bonded over the 'loss' with the 'other wives' and she didn't go west, so there was no reason to remark that she 'stayed faithful' after the martyrdom.

Julie also in unaware that Jerusha's son John Smith, Hyrum's oldest son, became the patriarch to the church, so no, her lineage was not left out. They served as patriarchs till Eldred G. Smith.

So, given the fact of Jerusha's death, what can explain Julie Rowe seeing in visions, events in her life, that never took place??

This glaring mistake in the podcast proves that she is either lying or receiving false visions. There can be no other explanation. And, to those who are her followers, if you still think she's a true prophetess, if you continue to dogmatically believe in her 'gifts'--you must acknowledge that her visions have been and can be false.

Mcox
captain of 100

Re: Julie Rowe 'memories' in her podcast are false memories

Post by Mcox »

Maybe emwhishman aka Julie Rowe will come on and explain?

gradles21
captain of 1,000

Post by gradles21 »

IMO She's just lucid dreaming. You can train yourself to lucid dream and see or do whatever you want, or talk to anyone you want and have a perfect memory of what you did when you wake up. I think that's what all these near death experiences are.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Mcox wrote: January 20th, 2018, 4:18 pm Maybe emwhishman aka Julie Rowe will come on and explain?

Maybe, but most likely not. Julie's excuses are always that we heard it wrong or something to that effect and that we should pray about it (I guess so God can tell us Julie's right). What a cop out.

I doubt we'll see 'emshishman' around, they didn't answer my question or anyone elses. But, I'd sure like to know how she explains it. I wonder if any of her listeners knew this about Jerusha Smith and recognized right off that Julie didn't know what she was talking about.

She also makes small mistakes, like saying that she was sharing memories from a wife of a warrior of King Kamehameha...but she saw that they lived in the 1500's. That's incorrect-King Kamehameha lived in the 17 to 1800's. I doubt she even knows that. I think she looks things up, then maybe she has some sort of ritual where she meditates and thinks about the people, hoping to have some kind of vision. What comes, I believe are impressions, she may believe are 'vision's, but that come from her own imagination--and are limited to her own knowledge. If her knowledge is flawed or not complete, it will show in what she claims she saw--such as this. Clearly, Julie was under the impression that Jerusha was still alive when Hyrum married Mary and that she even went west with the Saints. She was wrong. Her 'memories'--she claims are from her visions, are driven by emotion and are heavily influenced by a feminist perspective, IMO, and they show presentism. Her looking at these things from a modern woman's viewpoint and not actually from the context of the time.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

gradles21 wrote: January 20th, 2018, 4:25 pm IMO She's just lucid dreaming. You can train yourself to lucid dream and see or do whatever you want, or talk to anyone you want and have a perfect memory of what you did when you wake up. I think that's what all these near death experiences are.

YES. I absolutely agree with you, she could be lucid dreaming. I think that's what she's involved in, but the dishonest thing she's doing is lying to her listeners by claiming these are 'visions' which she saw when she looked through the window of Heaven --which she talked about in her first book when she was being shown around by her guide John (whom she has recently claimed was John the Revelator). It was something she looked through to see these events in her NDE. But, I agree 100%, I think she's practicing some kind of meditation to lucid dream and then she claims them as 'visions'.

She also could be doing some kind of things that are mind altering. She's never been very clear on her NDE or how she keeps experiencing these 'visions'.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

I know there is a way to put specific users on ignore; is there a way to put all Julie Rowe topics on ignore?

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

And don't forget - when she very first came on the scene, it was on AVOW, and she never said she had an NDE - she claimed everything she had seen was from dreams for quite awhile when she was posting on AVOW. Then, Daybell got ahold of her and convinced her an NDE "experience" sells more books, and voila! Her "dreams" magically turned into "near-death experiences" - which I don't for one second believe she ever had any such thing - I don't believe she's having prophetic "dreams" either (from any source) - I think she's just making it all up out of whole cloth - and stealing from other people's alleged experiences. She stole the whole "window of heaven/life" phrase from Suzanne Freeman, who had that as the name of her NDE book back in 2006 - a couple of years before Julie made her appearance. Onsdag did a great job in his paper (and on other threads here) showing much of her plagiarism.

Really almost hilarious how she could make such an epic fail and obvious mistake as what is pointed out above regarding Jerusha Smith, et al - and yet, there will still be those who believe her, which is truly mind-blowing.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Someone else shared this quote on another thread. It fits perfectly in any/all JR threads - "It's easy to fool a man, but nearly impossible to convince him he's been fooled." - Mark Twain

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

cyclOps wrote: January 20th, 2018, 5:57 pm I know there is a way to put specific users on ignore; is there a way to put all Julie Rowe topics on ignore?
cyclOps, it's simple to ignore 'Julie Rowe' topics. When you see 'Julie Rowe' in the title of a thread....don't open it.

Problem solved. :)

I do this all the time. If the title tells me that the topic is not something I'm interested in, I am free to ignore it.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

AI2.0 wrote: January 21st, 2018, 9:37 am
cyclOps wrote: January 20th, 2018, 5:57 pm I know there is a way to put specific users on ignore; is there a way to put all Julie Rowe topics on ignore?
cyclOps, it's simple to ignore 'Julie Rowe' topics. When you see 'Julie Rowe' in the title of a thread....don't open it.

I do this all the time. If the title tells me that the topic is not something I'm interested in, I am free to ignore it.
So, to answer my question... you don’t know? Or, not that you know of?

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

cyclOps wrote: January 21st, 2018, 4:57 pm
AI2.0 wrote: January 21st, 2018, 9:37 am

So, to answer my question... you don’t know? Or, not that you know of?

Is this really the place to be asking this question? On a thread that you don't like or are not interested in? Really, that's not very considerate to me or others who wish to discuss this.

But, I'll try to answer your question, since you seem intent on getting an answer. Hopefully this will help and you can pursue this on your own.

I'm pretty sure you can't personally censor topics so that you don't have to read a title that you aren't interested in, but if you want to ask the forum owner or suggest it, there a sub forum to do so in. Personally, I doubt it's possible or even the kind of thing a website with 'freedom' in the title would want to do, but you are free to suggest it.

It's titled "Ideas/suggestions for the forum (or need help)":

viewforum.php?f=12

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

I just don’t see the purpose of pointing out everything wrong she says and does, with multiple topics to address it.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Just one quick point.

When Spencer W Kimball received the revelation to enable all worthy priesthood holders to have the priesthood, he confirmed it. He then asked his counselors to confirm it, even though he knew he was spot on.

There's a reason a confirmation process through the Spirit is sought with revelation like dreams, and visions. I can't say that I'm an expert in this but you know with witnesses, there will be two or more. It will also fit what the Lord says in the scriptures. It will fit with modern day prophets and apostles.

It WON"T backpedal or go in a totally opposite direction.

And I think it was President Uchtdorf last conference that basically said similar to what I'm saying right now. :)

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

cyclOps wrote: January 21st, 2018, 5:31 pm I just don’t see the purpose of pointing out everything wrong she says and does, with multiple topics to address it.
Perhaps the purpose has something to do with the fact that there are many who follow these false profits, these self appointed gurus without question. And it can be harmful, faith destroying, cost money or other specific problems.

I was listening to 'Christian radio' today on the way back from Stake conference. The preacher kept preaching against Satanism, and witches, and casting spells. Why? Same reason, I guess, not that JR is Satan, but that she sells false memories.
dc

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

David13 wrote: January 21st, 2018, 6:27 pm
cyclOps wrote: January 21st, 2018, 5:31 pm I just don’t see the purpose of pointing out everything wrong she says and does, with multiple topics to address it.
Perhaps the purpose has something to do with the fact that there are many who follow these false profits, these self appointed gurus without question. And it can be harmful, faith destroying, cost money or other specific problems.

I was listening to 'Christian radio' today on the way back from Stake conference. The preacher kept preaching against Satanism, and witches, and casting spells. Why? Same reason, I guess, not that JR is Satan, but that she sells false memories.
dc
I would have agreed with you 3-6 years ago, but she’s washed up. I really don’t think many follow her anymore. If people listen to her podcasts and believe it and follow her, they are missing things so obvious that someone pointing it out is not going to change. We really need to dissect every episode of her podcast?

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

cyclOps wrote: January 21st, 2018, 6:48 pm
David13 wrote: January 21st, 2018, 6:27 pm

dc
I would have agreed with you 3-6 years ago, but she’s washed up. I really don’t think many follow her anymore. If people listen to her podcasts and believe it and follow her, they are missing things so obvious that someone pointing it out is not going to change. We really need to dissect every episode of her podcast?

"We" don't. You don't. I don't. Maybe someone else wants to.
dc

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

I was just thinking yesterday how for me, I have accurately discerned things spiritually, but, the ego can provide a fake discernment. For example, sometimes I can feel when a person reads my comments on a forum and I when I check I see I did get a response from someone. Those times I feel my discernment was correct. Other times I have felt something but upon going over it in my mind, I find an ego based motive for making up the discernment. It is easy to pretend you have more power and influence because it gives an ego trip. It is easy to "remote view" things that end up being a therapy session for your own issues. If I had an issue with polygamy I might imagine different scenarios to understand it better and think I was seeing the real thing.

I really wonder if that is the difference between spirit prison and paradise. In paradise you get access to spiritual truth. But the ego can but up a barrier to receiving truth that may be against your desires. In that way, no matter how much truth we think we receive, we are still limited by our pride and bias.

Perhaps this is why so many people who are spiritual disagree, because our ability to discern truth is limited by our will to receive falsehood.

Some spiritual people trust every vision and positive or neutral thought that comes to mind as revelation. I think that is a serious mistake. We do get revelation through visions, but our will, ego, and vain imaginations also create visions. It always is important to practice discernment to know if a vision is revelation or if it is a vain imagination to build up your pride or manifest deep emotional insecurities.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

I understand this. When you aren't invested in a topic, or you find it boring, even annoying, it can be frustrating to see someone putting up several threads on it. I felt that way about the doomsday 9/23 threads and the blood moon threads a couple of years back.

I have started some JR threads, rather than continue to post on an existing thread because I felt that while it involved Julie Rowe and her podcasts, I thought they needed a separate thread because one involved false memories claimed to have been received through a vision and one involved false information, which I felt could be a problem if the listeners don't check the sources.

I'm sorry you are annoyed by these threads, don't worry, I won't be able to do much more; in order to be fair in my criticisms, I'd have to listen to the podcasts. All 60 of them--she's been pretty busy. I know that there are others on the forum who are interested in exposing Julie as a false prophetess, but not everyone wants this or they just don't want to hear it.
would have agreed with you 3-6 years ago, but she’s washed up. I really don’t think many follow her anymore. If people listen to her podcasts and believe it and follow her, they are missing things so obvious that someone pointing it out is not going to change. We really need to dissect every episode of her podcast?
I think you've underestimated her; she's not washed up, IMO, she's in the process of remaking herself. That's why I'm not letting it go. If she just made her podcasts, sharing her thoughts on what she believed might happen in the future or her own interpretations and ideas on gospel people and topics, I wouldn't care at all. But Julie Rowe claims her knowledge through vision, through revelation from God and claims that she's receiving these things to share with us, by command of God. That's a completely different thing, which sets her apart. Either it's true or it's false. If it's true, then we should all be listening to her, not ignoring her. And if it's false, then others should be warned.

I've always been interested in false prophets, I've read and collected books on them, especially false prophets which have risen up in our own church, but others interest me as well. I realize this is not a topic that interests many people, but I find it worth spending my time on. I don't expect it to appeal to everyone else, but if you look at the forum, many people post on things they care about, even if it doesn't generate much interest from others.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

AI2.0 wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 10:08 am
I understand this. When you aren't invested in a topic, or you find it boring, even annoying, it can be frustrating to see someone putting up several threads on it. I felt that way about the doomsday 9/23 threads and the blood moon threads a couple of years back.

I have started some JR threads, rather than continue to post on an existing thread because I felt that while it involved Julie Rowe and her podcasts, I thought they needed a separate thread because one involved false memories claimed to have been received through a vision and one involved false information, which I felt could be a problem if the listeners don't check the sources.

I'm sorry you are annoyed by these threads, don't worry, I won't be able to do much more; in order to be fair in my criticisms, I'd have to listen to the podcasts. All 60 of them--she's been pretty busy. I know that there are others on the forum who are interested in exposing Julie as a false prophetess, but not everyone wants this or they just don't want to hear it.
would have agreed with you 3-6 years ago, but she’s washed up. I really don’t think many follow her anymore. If people listen to her podcasts and believe it and follow her, they are missing things so obvious that someone pointing it out is not going to change. We really need to dissect every episode of her podcast?
I think you've underestimated her; she's not washed up, IMO, she's in the process of remaking herself. That's why I'm not letting it go. If she just made her podcasts, sharing her thoughts on what she believed might happen in the future or her own interpretations and ideas on gospel people and topics, I wouldn't care at all. But Julie Rowe claims her knowledge through vision, through revelation from God and claims that she's receiving these things to share with us, by command of God. That's a completely different thing, which sets her apart. Either it's true or it's false. If it's true, then we should all be listening to her, not ignoring her. And if it's false, then others should be warned.

I've always been interested in false prophets, I've read and collected books on them, especially false prophets which have risen up in our own church, but others interest me as well. I realize this is not a topic that interests many people, but I find it worth spending my time on. I don't expect it to appeal to everyone else, but if you look at the forum, many people post on things they care about, even if it doesn't generate much interest from others.
It’s not that I even disagree with you. It’s not you, it’s me. I guess I’m the only one who got overloaded.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

cyclOps wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 1:25 pm

It’s not that I even disagree with you. It’s not you, it’s me. I guess I’m the only one who got overloaded.
I don’t think JR is promoted here any longer. Once you understand she does “not compute”, I don’t look at her stuff. AI2.0 shows how far off the rail she is with her new stuff, just seems more weird. The preppers have lost any respect with repeated failed prophicies and the JR stuff.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Well, I probably helped in the overload, sorry. :? I've been ignoring Julie Rowe for a while, and then got interested again when someone else mentioned the podcasts and then started posting on it, reviving it.
And your reaction is understandable. We kind of exploded with the JR stuff again in the last week, after having a nice reprieve. I'll try to keep information relegated to the existing threads and not clutter the board if possible.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

AI2.0 wrote: January 22nd, 2018, 3:41 pm

Well, I probably helped in the overload, sorry. :? I've been ignoring Julie Rowe for a while, and then got interested again when someone else mentioned the podcasts and then started posting on it, reviving it.
And your reaction is understandable. We kind of exploded with the JR stuff again in the last week, after having a nice reprieve. I'll try to keep information relegated to the existing threads and not clutter the board if possible.
Please don’t think I’m criticizing you. I’ll be honest, I do share an interest in the topic. What I’d be most interested to hear about is what was in her deleted podcast that was mentioned on another thread here. I guess I mostly got tired of incessant post saying what is wrong and false about Julie Rowe. I do not believe or follow her, but if Zion comes in our lifetime I hope we see her there. I hope we’ve all repented enough to be there.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

What I’d be most interested to hear about is what was in her deleted podcast that was mentioned on another thread here
When I found out about the deleted podcast, I posted a thread here asking about the content of #49. These were a couple of responses from posters who apparently have some idea of the content which was controversial in that deleted podcast:
"Apparently in podcast 49, Julie taught multiple mortal probabtions and claimed to have been Seth’s wife in a former life among other things. On AVOW her followers and her detractors all heard the same thing, until Chad Daybell (her master that makes much gain through JR divination) came on and said that people heard it wrong, she didn’t say that, and that she misspoke when trying to put her experiences into words. After that JR followers all started saying that about podcast 49."
"The pre-existence. Her experiences with Lucifer, and how handsome and charming he was. How they were close friends and he approached her with his plan before he pitched it to others. She spoke of how Christ was an Adam on a different world. How she saw Seth. Whether she said she was Seth's wife or viewed Seth from his wife's perspective I can't remember (the later falls more in line of what she claims in her later podcasts)"
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47431&p=829548&hili ... we#p829548

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

AI2.0 wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 10:27 am
What I’d be most interested to hear about is what was in her deleted podcast that was mentioned on another thread here
When I found out about the deleted podcast, I posted a thread here asking about the content of #49. These were a couple of responses from posters who apparently have some idea of the content which was controversial in that deleted podcast:
"Apparently in podcast 49, Julie taught multiple mortal probabtions and claimed to have been Seth’s wife in a former life among other things. On AVOW her followers and her detractors all heard the same thing, until Chad Daybell (her master that makes much gain through JR divination) came on and said that people heard it wrong, she didn’t say that, and that she misspoke when trying to put her experiences into words. After that JR followers all started saying that about podcast 49."
"The pre-existence. Her experiences with Lucifer, and how handsome and charming he was. How they were close friends and he approached her with his plan before he pitched it to others. She spoke of how Christ was an Adam on a different world. How she saw Seth. Whether she said she was Seth's wife or viewed Seth from his wife's perspective I can't remember (the later falls more in line of what she claims in her later podcasts)"
Are you watching Hector Sosa also?

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Arenera wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 11:25 am
AI2.0 wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 10:27 am
Are you watching Hector Sosa also?
I'm familiar with his original story and know that he was associated with Julie and Chad Daybell, but I've never read his books or looked at any of his videos. So, no, I don't watch him, as far as I know, he's not put out anymore books and I don't know if he does podcasts.

I've never considered him to have much of a following because he made a prediction early on which turned out to be false (if you look back at old threads, you'll probably be able to read about it) and that hurt his credibility.