Julie Rowe podcast; an example that proves she's a fake

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Julie Rowe podcast; an example that proves she's a fake

Post by AI2.0 »

Julie Rowe, the self-proclaimed NDE experiencer, now turned LDS type medium, is making podcasts and I've been listening to her most recent, number 52; 'Memories From Joseph to Moses'.

She claims that what she's sharing about these ancient prophets is what she was 'shown', in 'heavenly view', through other people's eyes. So she's claiming that she is recounting these events as they actually happened. But, the mistakes she makes in telling the events prove she's a fake. A rookie mistake is that she claimed the brothers sold Joseph into Egypt. That is not how it happened. Genesis 37 is the account. The Brothers at first wanted to kill Joseph, but Reuben stopped them, he suggested instead to throw him in a pit and sell him to the Ishmaelites. Reuben's intention was to draw Joseph out of the pit and return him to his father (verse22), but Julie claims Reuben is rebellious and didn't repent--that's because she's not really seeing these events, he probably watched some movies or read something and since Reuben had relations with his father's concubine, she thought he was just a bad guy. She didn't see these events or she would have known that the Brothers did not get to sell Joseph because when they returned to the pit, he was gone, the Midianites had found him and sold him to the Ishmaelites (verse 28).
Now, if she REALLY saw these events, how could she have missed these things? Because she didn't see them, she's giving the story that is often given because of a misleading heading in the Bible for that chapter. This comes by not reading carefully the text. Of course, if she actually saw the events, then she would not have been misled by the chapter heading and the surface reading by most others who recount this story.

Another mistake, her telling of Potipher; If you listen to it, you know she's not sharing what actually happened, but what she thinks may have happened. She tries to add her little 'twist' by claiming that Potipher's wife admitted she lied, 'months later', but that Potipher had believed Joseph did try to rape his wife. So, tell me, what slave who attempts to rape the wife of his master is allowed to go to prison and not killed on the spot? If she'd wanted to actually sound like she was 'seeing' these events, she would have said that Potipher knew his wife was lying because he trusted Joseph (he'd put all of his household and affairs in Joseph's charge) and that is why he put him in the prison, rather than killing him for the crime he was accused of.

I also wonder who are 'they' she tells about who show her these things. 'They' is plural, so it's more than John the Revelator (who she identified as the John in her first book).

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/juli ... 2_20-08_00

I'm certain there are other examples in her podcasts like one I shared.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Julie Rowe podcast; an example that proves she's a fake

Post by shadow »

I'm a bit surprised you follow her since she proved herself false years ago. Free entertainment? 8-)

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

Yes it good entertainment Shadow.

To partially answer AI2.0’s question: another one of her visitors from the other side is Isaiah. In another podcast she said he comes to her regularly too...and don’t forget about Joan of Arc. Oh boy!

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: January 12th, 2018, 12:07 pm Yes it good entertainment Shadow.

To partially answer AI2.0’s question: another one of her visitors from the other side is Isaiah. In another podcast she said he comes to her regularly too...and don’t forget about Joan of Arc. Oh boy!
She aughta make a movie.

ndjili
captain of 100

Post by ndjili »

Well, she’ll say the Holy Ghost made known to her (fill in the blank), but as she starts to talk about it the Holy Ghost becomes the “they” but then goes back to The a Holy Ghost.

I wasn’t interested in listening to her podcasts, but then you start hearing what she is teaching so I went to hear for myself. It’s worse than I ever could imagine.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

shadow wrote: January 12th, 2018, 12:00 pm I'm a bit surprised you follow her since she proved herself false years ago. Free entertainment? 8-)
DesertWonderer2 wrote: January 12th, 2018, 12:07 pm Yes it good entertainment Shadow.
I consider Julie Rowe's stuff and similar writings as Mormon fanfiction. Fan fiction is often poorly written but may still have some entertainment value.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

She claims that she 'sees' them in a first person perspective. She's suggesting that she sees these things AS THEY HAPPENED.

She explains this in podcast #51 Memories from Adam to Jacob., which I just listened to.

She thinks that she may have 'seen these events' when she was a 'ministering angel'. She also claims that she sees the events from the perspective of the persons who were seeing these things in real time.

She claims she sees these things over and over, 'what they are trying to teach me'--she says. Once again, I'm not sure who 'they' are.

She claims they were recorded in her personal writings but not shared in her books, so now she's sharing them in her podcasts.

So, these 'memories' she's sharing a things that weren't in her books. She left it open, saying that 'they' showed her Napoleon, but she's not going to talk about him. So, she leaves it open for later podcasts.

She says that since she saw some things through the 'window in heaven' then she saw them third person and viewed them from heaven, looking down on the events and so she was not a guardian angel on earth when they happened.

She claims Seth was tall, olive skin, dark brown hair, very good-looking and kind. Physically strong and determined. She claims she saw him through the perspective of his wife and that she loved him very much. This is interesting since the claim is that she said she had been Seth's wife in a past life (she believes in Multiple Mortal Probations) in podcast #49 which was taken down because of negative responses from her audience.

She admitted that she didn't know Methuselah was the longest living person in the Bible. She claims she saw him when he was 200 years old and he looked 35 years old. Eric told her how long he lived, she didn't know that about him. She saw Methuselah through the perspective of his wife, again. She said he was super tall, maybe 12 feet tall. Light brown hair. Later she said he had white hair. She said she saw him 'bare-chested' and his lower half was covered by a linen cloth, skirt thing. He was wearing a lambskin, draped over one shoulder, for warmth?? She says his wife had dark, brown hair. She doesn't remember eye color. She says he was a farmer, cared for animals. She says that his wife was translated with the city of Enoch and he was left on the earth. She says he stayed on the earth so that his patriarchal lineage could continue on the earth.

She says that she wants to give voices to the women in the scriptures who aren't heard.

Salah. 2200BC
He reminds her of Joseph Smith. Very righteous men. Leader of a large family. Dealt with great opposition. She doesn't have a lot of memory of him and his wife--she says she was given the perspective of his wife, but doesn't remember much. She says she has three or four pictures from his life, but mostly emotions. He was handsome, brown hair.

Listening to her described these, she really sounds like a medium.

Jared and Brother of Jared.
She claims Jared's wife 'dropped to her knees' and cried to God to thank him for letting them keep their language and she claims the tower was struck by lightening(this may be in the apochrypha?). She saw events through the wife of Jared's eyes. She apparently doesn't know that the text says they were on the sea for 344 days--because she said they were on the boat for 'many many many months' and she claims his wife was pregnant on the boat and they were all nauseous. She claims it was '21 BC'--that's clearly a mistake she must have meant 2100 BC.

She claims Isaac was 33 years old when he was almost sacrificed--She says that's what 'she was told' in her revelations--but frankly, I knew he was about this age, because it's in Bible commentaries. Once again, not 'vision' necessary. She saw things through Sarah's eyes again. She claims that Sarah 'wanted children more than anything in the world', like this was a surprise? All women in those days wanted children--that was their sole purpose, was to bare and raise children and their children were their security in their old age. To be barren was considered to be cursed by God. It's clear Julie see these things through her modern eyes.

Jacob; She says he was very good looking, had dark hair. She saw events through the people involved--their eyes. Rachel, Leah, Laban, Jacob. She's very involved with the emotions of what people felt. 'She had some children with Leah'... clearly she doesn't know that Leah had the bulk of the sons and the Daughter (I don't think she knows there was a daughter, Dinah). She claims that Jacob was 'livid' with Laban and that Rachel didn't know what they were conspiring. (Julie forgets that what Laban did was not strange for their day--a man marrying two sisters was not strange--and marriages were arranged.) And gives a bunch a crap--claims Rachel was actually 'suicidal'. I don't think Julie knows that Laban was his Uncle, they were family--she seems to think he was just some guy. Once again, she's telling this 'story' from a modern perspective, the way she would see it. Claiming Rachel is still 'working through emotions'... once again, thinking of this from a modern perspective. It's clear to me she did not actually see these true events as they happened to the individuals.

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/juli ... 1_23-08_00

If these were just her 'insights' on these events, like she is expounding on people in events and people in the Bible, but she's claiming these are 'memories', that she saw these things in real time.

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

Wait, some of you are watching her for entertainment? Wasting a whole lot of time doing that. Some videos are like an hour and above. Could have been reading scriptures instead. Just sayin

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

LdsMarco wrote: January 12th, 2018, 12:40 pm Wait, some of you are watching her for entertainment? Wasting a whole lot of time doing that. Some videos are like an hour and above. Could have been reading scriptures instead. Just sayin
Says the guy who posts long and boring videos on LDSFF.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

shadow wrote: January 12th, 2018, 12:00 pm I'm a bit surprised you follow her since she proved herself false years ago. Free entertainment? 8-)

Yes, when I have some time and feel like it, I listen to her podcasts and I will admit, I'm listening for slip ups, mistakes, problems; to document to show that she's a fraud.

I wish I had more time, I'd listen to all of them and highlight every problem with them, but I don't have the time and I don't want to spend what little free time I have obsessing over Julie Rowe. ;)

I expect that her church leaders will eventually catch on to what she's doing and request that she pull her podcasts, as they did to Mike Stroud.

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

Just an fyi, lds.org says he was sold by his brothers
https://www.lds.org/media-library/image ... 3?lang=eng

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

AI2.0 wrote: January 12th, 2018, 12:37 pm She claims Seth was tall, olive skin, dark brown hair, very good-looking and kind. Physically strong and determined. She claims she saw him through the perspective of his wife and that she loved him very much. This is interesting since the claim is that she said she had been Seth's wife in a past life (she believes in Multiple Mortal Probations) in podcast #49 which was taken down because of negative responses from her audience.
Is Julie the source of alaris' MMP nonsense?

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

Silver wrote: January 12th, 2018, 12:42 pm
LdsMarco wrote: January 12th, 2018, 12:40 pm Wait, some of you are watching her for entertainment? Wasting a whole lot of time doing that. Some videos are like an hour and above. Could have been reading scriptures instead. Just sayin
I'm not here to make a buck or two. I do it by invitation. If you find them boring... by all means, don't watch them :D

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Often I listen while I am doing other things. And yes, I could be reading scriptures, I often listen to them as well. But then, there are times when I feel like listening to what she's teaching and if I think it's something worth sharing, I'll post about it. I've appreciated when others did that for me.

To each his own, everyone has things that interest them. I think my interest in exposing her mistakes will dissipate when the church finally makes a move against her (like having her take her podcasts down) and I won't feel that I need to help in warning others about her.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

LdsMarco wrote: January 12th, 2018, 12:44 pm Just an fyi, lds.org says he was sold by his brothers
https://www.lds.org/media-library/image ... 3?lang=eng
Yes, and that's why it's perfect--it's like the test of the word 'shibboleth' found in the Bible. It serves as proof she did not actually see these events. IF Julie Rowe actually SAW the events as they happened, she would know that the Brothers didn't sell Joseph, no matter what LDS media and movies suggest. If you read the text carefully, the Brothers didn't get to sell him, the Midianites found him and sold him. The Brothers came to find the pit empty. I gave you the verses above so you can read for yourself.

Julie has made mistakes like this in the past. She made mistakes in her explanation of the events of Joseph finding the Gold plates--she was not aware of written accounts that he shared and so when she told what she 'saw' in vision or was shown, it was not what Joseph Smith said happened. It's shared on Onsdag's thread the Review of her book, A greater tomorrow, on this forum.

gangbusters
captain of 100

Post by gangbusters »

ROASTED!!!

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

gangbusters wrote: January 12th, 2018, 1:02 pm
ROASTED!!!
I'll probably get roasted on the Great & Dreadful Day of the Lord's return for my smart mouth.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Silver wrote: January 12th, 2018, 12:44 pm
AI2.0 wrote: January 12th, 2018, 12:37 pm She claims Seth was tall, olive skin, dark brown hair, very good-looking and kind. Physically strong and determined. She claims she saw him through the perspective of his wife and that she loved him very much. This is interesting since the claim is that she said she had been Seth's wife in a past life (she believes in Multiple Mortal Probations) in podcast #49 which was taken down because of negative responses from her audience.
Is Julie the source of alaris' MMP nonsense?

I believe he's come up with that on his own, though he's not alone. The two 'Remnant' type groups believe it--there is the Remnant group that follows Denver Snuffer and those who are end/time, prepper types--the AVOW crowd(a lot of Julie's supporters), they also call themselves 'Remnant'. Denver Snuffer's Remnant believe in MMP. You may recall that John Doe, who got in trouble because of seducing at least one woman with his teachings of 'soul bonding', was teaching a form of MMP--the gist of this theory seems to be that people may find others in their life who were their soul mates in past lives and they were once married. When they find someone like this, it's okay to have sexual relations with them, even if they are married to someone else now. At least that is my understanding with what we got from the John Doe case. From some of the rumors I've heard about Julie, she may also believe in this idea that she was married to other people in past lives--but that's rumor. We don't have proof. We do have proof, on her podcasts, that she believes in MMP. Whether it's the same version as Alaris believes I don't know. It's a fluid theory and has different versions. It's also believed by some devout LDS, as I assume it the case with Alaris, and by others who are no longer affiliated with the church.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

LdsMarco wrote: January 12th, 2018, 12:45 pm
I'm not here to make a buck or two. I do it by invitation. If you find them boring... by all means, don't watch them :D

You gotta admit, it was kind of the pot calling the kettle black. You chided me for wasting my time with Julie's podcasts but you spend your time making videos--the truth is, we all have our own particular interests. :) And, I think you just gave him the opportunity for a good comeback--I doubt your videos are boring, though they may be long. The podcasts can be long, no question.

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

Silver wrote: January 12th, 2018, 1:05 pm
gangbusters wrote: January 12th, 2018, 1:02 pm
ROASTED!!!
I'll probably get roasted on the Great & Dreadful Day of the Lord's return for my smart mouth.
I forgive you Silver. I'm not trippin :) I'm not perfect myself

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

AI2.0 wrote: January 12th, 2018, 1:17 pm
LdsMarco wrote: January 12th, 2018, 12:45 pm

You gotta admit, it was kind of the pot calling the kettle black. You chided me for wasting my time with Julie's podcasts but you spend your time making videos--the truth is, we all have our own particular interests. :) And, I think you just gave him the opportunity for a good comeback--I doubt your videos are boring, though they may be long. The podcasts can be long, no question.
The difference is that I'm not making a buck and I share truth. Plus, most of us know she has been deceived. There's a huge difference between Julie and I. Trust me :)

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Says the guy who posts longer and more boring and repetitive stuff on LDSFF.
dc

capctr
captain of 100

Post by capctr »

I’m going to go out on a limb(but not the Shirley McLain kind)here, and say that within an unspecified amount of time, Rowe will leave the church, claiming that she is the davidic servant, and only the truly faithful will follow her. Given her obsession with how handsome other men are as well as her beliefs of mmp and her other marriages(what about eternal marriage??), she may even engage in plural marriage with “brother husbands”LOL! :lol:

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

I don't think Mike was asked to pull his podcasts but I think he decided they were causing controversy so he did.

I don't think the church will say anything to Julie since they have not said anything yet. Often they give a general warning like elder Ballard did in conference and then let things play out so people can see their fruits.

I still think it's a case of Julie having a mental illness and that is why she does what she does. I don't know how accountable she will be held due to her not being right in the mind and in all reality all she probably has done is waist peoples time, it's not like Denver or at least not to this point where she is pulling people from the church ( I don't think many follow her as much these days) - Oh she did have the energy healing thing - that was bad and damaging (hopefully those who fell in that trap stepped away when the church denounced it).

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

e-eye2.0 wrote: January 12th, 2018, 1:43 pm I don't think the church will say anything to Julie since they have not said anything yet. Often they give a general warning like elder Ballard did in conference and then let things play out so people can see their fruits.
There was the CES memo which mentioned her book in connection of other spurious material not to be used in seminaries and institute.