Julie Rowe podcast; an example that proves she's a fake

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Mcox
captain of 100

Re: Julie Rowe podcast; an example that proves she's a fake

Post by Mcox »

ndjili wrote: January 12th, 2018, 3:12 pm Jesus is also very handsome according to Julie, and everything with her always goes back to emotionalism.

I’m also not inclined to say she’s just crazy, ignore her.
She isn’t the same as a rank and file member who has a mental disorder. She has chosen to be a public figure, teaching false doctrines. She gave energy healing a more mainstream platform, and gave it a godly stamp of approval and from that time, it has exploded among LDS women.chad Daybell, Hector Sosa, Spencer, Snuffer, Avraham Gileadi, Mike Stroud. All their false teachings are mixing together and are causing some serious false doctrines. We’re getting to the point of antichrist doctrines, preparaing people for a false Christ and not the true and Living Christ
Exactly right! Pleas add the writings of John pontius to this list even though you have spencer.

gangbusters
captain of 100

Post by gangbusters »

ndjili wrote: January 12th, 2018, 3:12 pm Jesus is also very handsome according to Julie, and everything with her always goes back to emotionalism.

I’m also not inclined to say she’s just crazy, ignore her.
She isn’t the same as a rank and file member who has a mental disorder. She has chosen to be a public figure, teaching false doctrines. She gave energy healing a more mainstream platform, and gave it a godly stamp of approval and from that time, it has exploded among LDS women.chad Daybell, Hector Sosa, Spencer, Snuffer, Avraham Gileadi, Mike Stroud. All their false teachings are mixing together and are causing some serious false doctrines. We’re getting to the point of antichrist doctrines, preparaing people for a false Christ and not the true and Living Christ
What has Gileadi said that’s overboard? Genuinely asking.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

e-eye2.0 wrote: January 12th, 2018, 2:23 pm
Yes - I don't know if that is really a bad thing it's more a slap on the hand for the seminary teachers who were actually using it.
My SP is a fairly high member of CES and indicated to me it was more then just a slap on the hand.

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

Why will the church call out a few select people teaching false doctrine but not others?

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

setyourselffree wrote: January 12th, 2018, 8:02 pm Why will the church call out a few select people teaching false doctrine but not others?
I guess it depends on who they are aware of teaching false doctrine and how large is the sphere of influence those people have.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

e-eye2.0 wrote: January 12th, 2018, 1:43 pmOh she did have the energy healing thing - that was bad and damaging (hopefully those who fell in that trap stepped away when the church denounced it).
She is still actively doing energy healing for money. I got this (below) in an email from her a week or two ago -

From her website - https://julieroweenergysessions.acuitys ... hedule.php

Julie Rowe Energy Sessions

To prepare for your session please find a quiet spot where you can have privacy if possible. I encourage you to have plenty of water to drink during the session, and as much rest as possible the day of your session to ensure the best results. Each session is a unique healing experience, therefore on your initial consultation I will discuss what you can expect during your sessions, as well as what will be required of you. The initial consultation is created to give basic education as well as to uplift and release negative energy. The remaining sessions will do the same, but depending on the client, we will move at a more rapid pace in releasing negative energy. Payment is required up front when scheduling and is non-refundable. Due to my time constraints, space is very limited. I block out time in my very busy schedule to do these sessions, so in the event you cancel your appointment, are more than five minutes late for your appointment, or do not show up for your appointment at the scheduled date and time, you agree to forfeit payment and no refunds will be issued. You are agreeing to this when you schedule your session. I will do the best I can to keep on schedule and ensure that you have a successful session and positive experience. In the event I have to cancel your session, I will email you to reschedule at the next convenient time. I am new to this scheduling software and am still trying to figure out the best system, so I appreciate your patience and understanding while I work out the kinks. I look forward to working with you!

Schedule Appointment
Consultation 40 min initial Energy Session (First Time Clients only)
40 minutes @ $65.00

Regular 40 min Energy Session
40 minutes @ $65.00

Regular 20 min Energy Session
20 minutes @ $40.00

Energy Session 55 Min
1 hour @ $95.00

Energy Session 80 Min
1 hour 30 minutes @ $130.00

Lessons on Energy Work
40 minutes @ $85.00

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

EmmaLee wrote: January 13th, 2018, 8:56 am Schedule Appointment
Consultation 40 min initial Energy Session (First Time Clients only)
40 minutes @ $65.00

Regular 40 min Energy Session
40 minutes @ $65.00

Regular 20 min Energy Session
20 minutes @ $40.00

Energy Session 55 Min
1 hour @ $95.00

Energy Session 80 Min
1 hour 30 minutes @ $130.00

Lessons on Energy Work
40 minutes @ $85.00
Crikey! Thems lawyer's rates there!

1) Freely have ye received, freely give. (Matt 10:8)

2) Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money. Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God. (Acts 8:20-21)

3) Priestcrafts are that men preach and set themselves up for a light unto the world, that they may get gain and praise of the world. (2 Ne. 26:29)

4) Then said Saul unto his servants, Seek me a woman that hath a familiar spirit, that I may go to her, and inquire of her. And his servants said to him, Behold, there is a woman that hath a familiar spirit at Endor. (1 Sam 28:7).

This doesn't end well.

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

inho wrote: January 13th, 2018, 2:40 am
setyourselffree wrote: January 12th, 2018, 8:02 pm Why will the church call out a few select people teaching false doctrine but not others?
I guess it depends on who they are aware of teaching false doctrine and how large is the sphere of influence those people have.
So does Julie not have a large enough following? Or is she not teaching false doctrine?

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

iWriteStuff wrote: January 13th, 2018, 9:17 am Crikey! Thems lawyer's rates there!
Where can I find a decent lawyer who is that cheap? I have very little respect for my attorney and he charges $350 per hour.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

AI2.0 wrote: January 12th, 2018, 11:52 am Julie Rowe, the self-proclaimed NDE experiencer, now turned LDS type medium, is making podcasts and I've been listening to her most recent, number 52; 'Memories From Joseph to Moses'.

She claims that what she's sharing about these ancient prophets is what she was 'shown', in 'heavenly view', through other people's eyes. So she's claiming that she is recounting these events as they actually happened. But, the mistakes she makes in telling the events prove she's a fake. A rookie mistake is that she claimed the brothers sold Joseph into Egypt. That is not how it happened. Genesis 37 is the account. The Brothers at first wanted to kill Joseph, but Reuben stopped them, he suggested instead to throw him in a pit and sell him to the Ishmaelites. Reuben's intention was to draw Joseph out of the pit and return him to his father (verse22), but Julie claims Reuben is rebellious and didn't repent--that's because she's not really seeing these events, he probably watched some movies or read something and since Reuben had relations with his father's concubine, she thought he was just a bad guy. She didn't see these events or she would have known that the Brothers did not get to sell Joseph because when they returned to the pit, he was gone, the Midianites had found him and sold him to the Ishmaelites (verse 28).
Now, if she REALLY saw these events, how could she have missed these things? Because she didn't see them, she's giving the story that is often given because of a misleading heading in the Bible for that chapter. This comes by not reading carefully the text. Of course, if she actually saw the events, then she would not have been misled by the chapter heading and the surface reading by most others who recount this story.

Another mistake, her telling of Potipher; If you listen to it, you know she's not sharing what actually happened, but what she thinks may have happened. She tries to add her little 'twist' by claiming that Potipher's wife admitted she lied, 'months later', but that Potipher had believed Joseph did try to rape his wife. So, tell me, what slave who attempts to rape the wife of his master is allowed to go to prison and not killed on the spot? If she'd wanted to actually sound like she was 'seeing' these events, she would have said that Potipher knew his wife was lying because he trusted Joseph (he'd put all of his household and affairs in Joseph's charge) and that is why he put him in the prison, rather than killing him for the crime he was accused of.

I also wonder who are 'they' she tells about who show her these things. 'They' is plural, so it's more than John the Revelator (who she identified as the John in her first book).

https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/juli ... 2_20-08_00

I'm certain there are other examples in her podcasts like one I shared.
They are the same as legion for they are many.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

LdsMarco wrote: January 12th, 2018, 12:45 pm
Silver wrote: January 12th, 2018, 12:42 pm
LdsMarco wrote: January 12th, 2018, 12:40 pm Wait, some of you are watching her for entertainment? Wasting a whole lot of time doing that. Some videos are like an hour and above. Could have been reading scriptures instead. Just sayin
Says the guy who posts long and boring videos on LDSFF.
I'm not here to make a buck or two. I do it by invitation. If you find them boring... by all means, don't watch them :D
I enjoy your videos. Thanks for spending the time to put them together.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

This post by Ndjili was made on another thread, but I reposted it here because it's pertinent to this thread--he listened to the podcasts on Mary Magdalene and Moses which I haven't listened to yet.

And Ndjili is right, the stuff she's claiming about Joseph is all false stories that sprang up during the dark ages.
I admit I listened to what she had to say and am stunned that any member of the LDS faith can buy into what she is selling.
The podcast about Mary Magdalene was horrifying, and really, where does she draw the line on blasphemy?
She speaks of our Savior and Redeemer of all mankind, Lord God Omnipotent, is a casual almost callous manner.

Also, it’s pretty apparent that Julie and her lapdog Eric have spent more time in Dan Brown books and the gnostic gospels (not to be confused with the Apocrypha as they’d have you believe) than in actual scriptures or doctrinal sources.

In their narrative Joseph was much older than we’ve been led to believe, had been previously married to a different Mary, had other children, became a widower, and then married Mary, the mother of our Savior. One, of this version of, Joseph’s children is apparently none other than Joseph of Arimathea. Their narrative comes straight from a Catholicized Dan Brown grail narrative in which, the now step brother of Christ, Joseph of Arimathea, marries Christ’s widow, Mary Magdalene post His ascension, and together they head to Western Europe.

I’ve also noticed that No matter who Julie saw. However valiant or persecuted, she can liken them unto herself and her “sacred mission”. She has a way of making everything about herself.

Another disturbing trend I’ve noticed with these “dreamer” and “NDE” types is the almost sensual way they speak about our Lord. You NEVER hear or read ANY Prophet who has had an encounter with the true Jesus Christ speak about Him that way.

Julie only bears testimony of Christ when it can somehow relate to her and her mission.

She can go on and on about how beautiful or handsome or buff the scriptural people are. What they are wearing and so on (while at the same time giving the most vague of “details”), and yet completely have no clue about things like the entire story of Moses. Nothing she says about Moses is even remotely doctrinal.

It astounds me that these self professed gospel meat eaters, who claim to be so much more spiritually advanced than the rank and file “milk drinkers”, can’t even grasp the simplest of gospel basics. Now I know why we brush up on the basics so much at church. Members might complain about it, but it’s apparent we need more of it.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

Her plagiarism is alive and well.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

I started listening to her podcast on Mary Magdelen #54.

http://julierowe.podomatic.com/

She's influenced by some legends that sprang up over time regarding Jesus and Mary Magdelene (Dan Brown's DaVinci Code was written using these claims). Also, as was pointed out, she thinks Joseph was a widower with children before he married Mary, the mother of Jesus. This was a tradition put forward centuries later in the Catholic church to explain Jesus' brothers and sisters and to keep their own belief which had become part of their doctrine that Mary remained a virgin her entire life and had no children with Joseph, her husband. This is not an LDS belief. The church has no problem with the scriptural accounts of Jesus' brothers and sisters and has no problem believing the Jesus had younger siblings, so we have no reason to believe or teach this later legend which sprang up in the Catholic church.

She's also added a new one, that as far as I know, Biblical scholars have never claimed(because it's not true)--Mary Magdalene is the same Mary who was sister to Martha and Lazarus.

I do know that some LDS believed that Jesus was married to Mary the sister of Martha (Joseph F. Smith believed he was married to both of them), but they did not ever suggest or even consider that Mary Magdalene was the Mary who was sister of Lazarus. This is new, and I suspect it also would easily be discounted by who've studied the individuals in the Bible.

She's claiming that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene and claims that she experienced the birth of their children, through the body of Mary. She also claims that Mary and Jesus had four children, two boys and two girls. Two children died while Jesus was not around.

She claims that Mary Magdalene was in the garden of gethsemane with Jesus, about a 100 yards away, 'she suffered right along with him' and could hear everything. She felt the 'buffetings of the adversary' as he entered the garden, though she was shielded by angels surrounding her in a prayer circle. She claims 'father helped Christ' and 'mother helped mary'. Mary uses 'essential oils' to bathe his feet and she brought essential oils, and a change of clothes. She 'washed his body' with them after the atonement and together they walked arm in arm out of the garden to the meet the apostles. She claims that Mary was 'arm in arm' with the Savior, when Judas came with the guards. Mary stood and watched it three feet away. She was left to the care of Phillip--hugged her and locked arms with her as they took Christ away. She claims that she sat through some of the meetings as the Pharisees and Saducees accused him.

She says Mary Magdalene and Martha served the Last supper and she was there.

Julie tells the story as if it were a movie she was watching, but, you can see that it is through the eyes of a modern woman who wants to make Jesus's 'wife' a huge part of it. She had a 'final night' with Christ which was very 'tender and loving'. (Julie was very emotional through this whole rendition) I think we can guess what she means by that. As I said, it's like Julie is viewing this through the lens of a Hallmark movie maker.

She mentions 'essential oils'. If any of you are not familiar, those who use Energy healing often use essential oils too. So, they aren't the oils used to prepare a dead body in the Jewish fashion...they are 'essential oils' now.

It does feel inappropriate--I've never seen 'the Last Temptation of Christ', but I suspect that Julie's version is probably more on par with this view of Christ in a male, sexual way.

She claims to have memories of the Marys preparing the body, cleaning the wounds, washing his body, etc. 'wiping his feet with her hair', 'memories of her kissing his face'. She heard him say 'I love him so much father, do I have to lose him'.

This makes for a nice tender scene in a made for TV movie, but Julie has forgotten that Jesus' Body was hastily taken and put in a tomb which belonged to Joseph of Arimethea(Matthew's account says 'he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth'), because of the Sabbath. They couldn't prepare his body to the extent that Julie is claiming to have seen, that's why the women went to the tomb on the third day.

She claims Mary went to the tomb every day. On the third saw the stone rolled away. She reached out to hug him. He told her 'you can't hug me yet.' He said he hadn't ascended to father yet. He told her I'll come see you, I'll be back. She was wearing a light blue dress with white, and a piece over her head of light blue fabric. She says there was tan too, but she wasn't clear.

The mistake here is that Julie doesn't know that the original hebrew is not translated; 'touch me not', it is 'cease clinging to me'. She fell into another trap because of tradition. I also wonder if they had 'light blue' dye to dye clothing of someone of mary's social standing. I'm curious--I'd have to research what color dyes were available to the people of Jesus' area and social status.

Julie's account contradicts the scriptures, adds a tons of extra scriptural things and heavily emotion driven to heighten it to the level of a romantic love story.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

AI2.0 wrote: January 18th, 2018, 10:29 am I started listening to her podcast on Mary Magdelen #54.

http://julierowe.podomatic.com/

She's influenced by some legends that sprang up over time regarding Jesus and Mary Magdelene (Dan Brown's DaVinci Code was written using these claims). Also, as was pointed out, she thinks Joseph was a widower with children before he married Mary, the mother of Jesus. This was a tradition put forward centuries later in the Catholic church to explain Jesus' brothers and sisters and to keep their own belief which had become part of their doctrine that Mary remained a virgin her entire life and had no children with Joseph, her husband. This is not an LDS belief. The church has no problem with the scriptural accounts of Jesus' brothers and sisters and has no problem believing the Jesus had younger siblings, so we have no reason to believe or teach this later legend which sprang up in the Catholic church.

She's also added a new one, that as far as I know, Biblical scholars have never claimed(because it's not true)--Mary Magdalene is the same Mary who was sister to Martha and Lazarus.

I do know that some LDS believed that Jesus was married to Mary the sister of Martha (Joseph F. Smith believed he was married to both of them), but they did not ever suggest or even consider that Mary Magdalene was the Mary who was sister of Lazarus. This is new, and I suspect it also would easily be discounted by who've studied the individuals in the Bible.

She's claiming that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene and claims that she experienced the birth of their children, through the body of Mary. She also claims that Mary and Jesus had four children, two boys and two girls. Two children died while Jesus was not around.

She claims that Mary Magdalene was in the garden of gethsemane with Jesus, about a 100 yards away, 'she suffered right along with him' and could hear everything. She felt the 'buffetings of the adversary' as he entered the garden, though she was shielded by angels surrounding her in a prayer circle. She claims 'father helped Christ' and 'mother helped mary'. Mary uses 'essential oils' to bathe his feet and she brought essential oils, and a change of clothes. She 'washed his body' with them after the atonement and together they walked arm in arm out of the garden to the meet the apostles. She claims that Mary was 'arm in arm' with the Savior, when Judas came with the guards. Mary stood and watched it three feet away. She was left to the care of Phillip--hugged her and locked arms with her as they took Christ away. She claims that she sat through some of the meetings as the Pharisees and Saducees accused him.

She says Mary Magdalene and Martha served the Last supper and she was there.

Julie tells the story as if it were a movie she was watching, but, you can see that it is through the eyes of a modern woman who wants to make Jesus's 'wife' a huge part of it. She had a 'final night' with Christ which was very 'tender and loving'. (Julie was very emotional through this whole rendition) I think we can guess what she means by that. As I said, it's like Julie is viewing this through the lens of a Hallmark movie maker.

She mentions 'essential oils'. If any of you are not familiar, those who use Energy healing often use essential oils too. So, they aren't the oils used to prepare a dead body in the Jewish fashion...they are 'essential oils' now.

It does feel inappropriate--I've never seen 'the Last Temptation of Christ', but I suspect that Julie's version is probably more on par with this view of Christ in a male, sexual way.

She claims to have memories of the Marys preparing the body, cleaning the wounds, washing his body, etc. 'wiping his feet with her hair', 'memories of her kissing his face'. She heard him say 'I love him so much father, do I have to lose him'.

This makes for a nice tender scene in a made for TV movie, but Julie has forgotten that Jesus' Body was hastily taken and put in a tomb which belonged to Joseph of Arimethea(Matthew's account says 'he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth'), because of the Sabbath. They couldn't prepare his body to the extent that Julie is claiming to have seen, that's why the women went to the tomb on the third day.

She claims Mary went to the tomb every day. On the third saw the stone rolled away. She reached out to hug him. He told her 'you can't hug me yet.' He said he hadn't ascended to father yet. He told her I'll come see you, I'll be back. She was wearing a light blue dress with white, and a piece over her head of light blue fabric. She says there was tan too, but she wasn't clear.

The mistake here is that Julie doesn't know that the original hebrew is not translated; 'touch me not', it is 'cease clinging to me'. She fell into another trap because of tradition. I also wonder if they had 'light blue' dye to dye clothing of someone of mary's social standing. I'm curious--I'd have to research what color dyes were available to the people of Jesus' area and social status.

Julie's account contradicts the scriptures, adds a tons of extra scriptural things and heavily emotion driven to heighten it to the level of a romantic love story.
I'm sorry you have to listen to this stuff...

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

AI2.0 wrote: January 18th, 2018, 10:29 am She claims to have memories of the Marys preparing the body, cleaning the wounds, washing his body, etc. 'wiping his feet with her hair', 'memories of her kissing his face'. She heard him say 'I love him so much father, do I have to lose him'.
Isn't this in conflict with the Bible? I don't recall if all four gospels tell the story similarly, but at least according to Mark there was no time to wash the body. Jesus was but in to the grave just before sabbath. The women came with their oils after the sabbath was past and found an empty grave.

Julie should read more scriptures since this isn't the only thing where she conflicts the Bible. Maybe reading the scriptures would do some good for her anyway.

ndjili
captain of 100

Post by ndjili »

I agree with AI2,0's assessment. Something is so off about this account in feeling though that it's hard to put a word on it. Inappropriate, blasphemous, wrong. All come to mind.

Julie also calls Lazarus, Lazareth.

She says that Mary felt a little upset with Jesus for not healing 'Lazareth" quickly and then making her wait for him to be resurrected. And that Mary wasn't pleased when Jesus wasn't there to heal the 2 children that died.

There is this feminist thread that runs through Julie's podcasts about how women weren't treated as well or given as much credit back then.

I'm looking at what she is hinting at and I'm just waiting for her to come out as the "Davidic Servant". She has said she was shown in revelation that she is from the Davidic line. I can see her hinting at being the holy grail. I can see her claim to be the "woman in travail", who she believes is literal figure. She has said this woman will take her place next to Christ.

She has said she will be a Joan of Arc figure that will lead the Elders of Israel in the last days (Though I haven't heard her yet claim publicly that she will be the one to vanquish Satan).

She has said that one day people will know just who she is.

It doesn't matter what important historical figure or scriptural figure she sees, whatever their suffering, or whatever their "gifts" are, she equates it to herself and her mission.

She said that she runs her GTRF "charity" in a manner similar to the church, with a board of 12 men who help her run it, and that there are different groups for men and women and said the women's group is similar to the RS.

Go look at the delusions of cult leaders, look at how she talks about her "charity".

I'm telling you, a cult is forming around Julie Rowe as we speak.

She gives her podcast sermons and divinations for her followers. She has written books for them and is writing her biography (which I'm sure she thinks will be looked at as part of her scriptures, since she is super special and we will all know it one day).

So now I ask, is it mental illness, or a personality disorder?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

ndjili wrote: January 18th, 2018, 2:54 pmShe said that she runs her GTRF "charity" in a manner similar to the church, with a board of 12 men who help her run it, and that there are different groups for men and women and said the women's group is similar to the RS.

Go look at the delusions of cult leaders, look at how she talks about her "charity".
I'd like to focus on just the charity portion of your post. Do you have any details regarding:
1. Activites
2. Income & expenses
3. Under expenses, administrative costs, including salaries

Is everyone serving in the charity for free?

She hasn't filed a Form 990-N for a while so perhaps revenues are still low. However, I heard someone donated land to her which should probably be valued at fair market value unless the donor was able to transfer the property at his basis in the asset which may be low enough to not trigger some reporting mechanism. I think there is some kind of trickery going on, if the donation actually occurred.

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index. ... =475354246
Form 990 Revenue Amount $15,575
Latest Form 990 Return December, 2016
Filing Requirement 990 - Required to file Form 990-N - Income less than $50,000 per year
Fiscal Year End December

gangbusters
captain of 100

Post by gangbusters »

Energy healing sessions, “relief fund,” I know it’s not very charitable of me, but those rubes deserve what they get if they giver her their money.

ndjili
captain of 100

Post by ndjili »

I only know what I hear her describe in her podcasts. I’ve heard some pretty interesting rumors as well. But the more you listen to her podcasts, the more you get the sense that something more is going on.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

AI2.0 wrote: January 12th, 2018, 11:52 am ...and I've been listening to her most recent...
You know, recently I listened to my dog gently snoring in the middle of the night. I believe I discovered more enlightenment than you did. At least I was listening to a demonstration of peace.

Lee45
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Lee45 »

Hello, I am new and am not sure how to post so forgive me if this does not come up in the right place! :) I was listening to podcast #57 today and Julie was talking about Jerusha Smith. She stated that Jersusha felt put aside when Hyrum married Mary Fielding Smith and that she saw a scene where Hyrum was basically snuggling Jerusha in Bed and she was sharing this with him. She also said that after the Martyrdom Jerusha became closer to the other wives. Unless I am mistaken, I thought Jerusha died in 1837 and Hyrum didn't marry Mary Fielding Smith until two months later. So, how could she have felt put aside? Also, if Jerusha died in 1837 and Hyrum died in 1844 then how could it have made Jerusha closer to the other wives? She was dead.... I tried to comment on the pod cast asking those same questions but I doubt they'll post my comments. Anyway, I just thought I'd put this out there.. If I am wrong about my church History regarding Jerusha please let me know. Thanks :)

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

I must say, the more I hear the more disturbing this is becoming. Definitely not the plain and precious gospel I have been taught and come to love.

Her playlist on YouTube shows two deleted videos, not just the one. Unfortunately Julie has a habit of removing and scrubbing controversial or self-incriminating materials rather quickly so it's hard to pin her down. I find this rather ironic and laughable since she claims her message is from God and that she's willing to stand by it and defend it at any cost. If such is the case then why does she feel the need to hide it away and delete it? And don't give me the cop-out that we're not ready for her message. I can't ever recall a true prophet/messenger of God backpedaling on their message. Even Jonah gave his message anyway with the full belief and expectation it wouldn't be accepted by the people of Nineveh - and was surprised and admittedly disappointed when they did fully embrace his message.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Lee45 wrote: January 18th, 2018, 5:01 pm Hello, I am new and am not sure how to post so forgive me if this does not come up in the right place! :) I was listening to podcast #57 today and Julie was talking about Jerusha Smith. She stated that Jersusha felt put aside when Hyrum married Mary Fielding Smith and that she saw a scene where Hyrum was basically snuggling Jerusha in Bed and she was sharing this with him. She also said that after the Martyrdom Jerusha became closer to the other wives. Unless I am mistaken, I thought Jerusha died in 1837 and Hyrum didn't marry Mary Fielding Smith until two months later. So, how could she have felt put aside? Also, if Jerusha died in 1837 and Hyrum died in 1844 then how could it have made Jerusha closer to the other wives? She was dead.... I tried to comment on the pod cast asking those same questions but I doubt they'll post my comments. Anyway, I just thought I'd put this out there.. If I am wrong about my church History regarding Jerusha please let me know. Thanks :)
Hi, welcome :)
You are absolutely right; Jerusha died in 1837. She never lived in polygamy with Hyrum. This whole 'memory' which Julie Rowe claims she saw in her visions, is false. I listened to this podcast last Thursday, but I was too busy and did not read the thread, so I missed your post before creating a thread on this on Saturday--it's the one about false memories.

Thanks for sharing this. It is such a glaring mistake. She makes others; I think it was that same podcast or another close to it, she put King Kamehameha in the 1500's. That could be a simple memory mistake, but you'd think that Eric would correct her when she gives a wrong date like this.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Onsdag wrote: January 21st, 2018, 12:36 pm I must say, the more I hear the more disturbing this is becoming. Definitely not the plain and precious gospel I have been taught and come to love.

Her playlist on YouTube shows two deleted videos, not just the one. Unfortunately Julie has a habit of removing and scrubbing controversial or self-incriminating materials rather quickly so it's hard to pin her down. I find this rather ironic and laughable since she claims her message is from God and that she's willing to stand by it and defend it at any cost. If such is the case then why does she feel the need to hide it away and delete it? And don't give me the cop-out that we're not ready for her message. I can't ever recall a true prophet/messenger of God backpedaling on their message. Even Jonah gave his message anyway with the full belief and expectation it wouldn't be accepted by the people of Nineveh - and was surprised and admittedly disappointed when they did fully embrace his message.

Also, her message has changed so much. If you go back to her first book, who would have thought she'd be making these podcasts on continuing vision experiences with spirit guides. When you look at the NDE books which are very similar to her's, the writers don't do this. They write about their NDE and then that's it. They don't keep channeling spirits and expanding their role in the last days and since she believes in Multiple Mortal probations, she sees her role in the future as even more crucial to the winding up scenes. To me, it's delusions of grandeur.