[Deleted]

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Re: Whose voice is it?

Post by Alaris »

I wonder if that analogy has something to do with the sons of thunder.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

LDS Anarchist wrote: January 10th, 2018, 8:46 pm
alaris wrote: January 10th, 2018, 7:51 pm I wonder if that analogy has something to do with the sons of thunder.
You think that voice John heard might have been of two people speaking, not one?
Not necessarily, but the similes of waters and multitudes in some of the verses you cite certainly seem to indicate multiple people speaking at once. Jesus refers to James and John as the Sons of Thunder. I have been pondering that title for a while now, and I believe it is related to the seven thunders in Revelation - who are the seven archangels or seven dispensation heads.
Matthew 20:20 ¶ Then came to him the mother of Zebedee’s children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him.
21 And he said unto her, What wilt thou? She saith unto him, Grant that these my two sons may sit, the one on thy right hand, and the other on the left, in thy kingdom.
22 But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.
23 And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.
Most read the second half of verse 23 and conclude this was a rebuke, but the first half speaks differently. If the seven thunders in Revelation are linked to the seven archangels then "the sons of thunder" title given by the Lord explains James and John's proximity to Peter - the archangel or dispensation head of the early Church of Jesus Christ - both in the Temple Endowment and at the Garden of Gethsemane. There is an principle of the order of ascension being taught. Why else have James and John in the temple endowment who basically just introduce themselves and smile?

Anyway - I don't want to hijack your thread. My underlying point is I believe the voice of thunders may refer to the power and authority of the 7th level of ascension of mankind - the archangels. That certainly gives the nickname "sons of thunder" some oomf.

Edit: OK I won't weak out here and not give my full opinion. I believe the Davidic Servant ascends to this level of "Thunder" (I may or may not have Imagine Dragon's song stuck in my head today) - certainly his received power and authority would give him the right to speak with the voice of thunders.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

I think the primary Person speaking here is Jehovah. Another possibility is that it is meant to outline the dual nature of Christ, how His voice can be still, small and comforting yet also big and thunderous.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

LDS Anarchist wrote: January 11th, 2018, 6:23 pm
alaris wrote: January 10th, 2018, 9:19 pm Edit: OK I won't weak out here and not give my full opinion. I believe the Davidic Servant ascends to this level of "Thunder" (I may or may not have Imagine Dragon's song stuck in my head today) - certainly his received power and authority would give him the right to speak with the voice of thunders.
So, you think this may be the DS, speaking with the voice of thunders, and also with the voice of a multitude and many waters, like the Lord?
I need to put more study in it. I've been too busy engaged in a super interesting revelation (to me) about the relationship between "we have enough" and the spirit of contention in my MMP article thread. At first I couldn't understand why the Lord kept prompting me engage in the contentious drivel, but now that I have learned something interesting and valuable I fear I'm just having fun.
Last edited by Alaris on January 12th, 2018, 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

LDS Anarchist wrote: January 11th, 2018, 6:26 pm
abijah wrote: January 10th, 2018, 10:54 pm I think the primary Person speaking here is Jehovah. Another possibility is that it is meant to outline the dual nature of Christ, how His voice can be still, small and comforting yet also big and thunderous.
By Jehovah, I suppose you meant Jesus Christ. If it's Jesus Christ's voice, though, then why say:
Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth. Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
Why speak of Himself in the third person?
A lot of Handles Messiah is about Jesus Christ but could the two favorite songs both be about the Davidic Servant? This Alleluia scripture /song would be him speaking about the Lord but still... That thought wasn't lost on me in my first reply here.