In the words of Charlie Brown, "we're doomed", that's how it feels anyway.

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Vision
captain of 1,000

Re: In the words of Charlie Brown, "we're doomed", that's how it feels anyway.

Post by Vision »

Silver wrote: January 12th, 2018, 9:53 pm
Vision wrote: January 12th, 2018, 9:41 pmThere actually is quite a bit of documented history. I did some reading on the topic earlier today and I learned a few things. There are recorded deeds from the Indians. http://www.pilgrimhallmuseum.org/in_the ... #1649_deed
Thanks for the history lesson.
Your welcome

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

kirtland r.m. wrote: January 9th, 2018, 8:13 pmI have spoken plainly, it will only get worse.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Vision wrote: January 13th, 2018, 8:32 pm
David13 wrote: January 12th, 2018, 10:00 pm
Vision wrote: January 12th, 2018, 9:41 pm
David13 wrote: January 12th, 2018, 11:28 am

It's almost comical that you accuse me of being a text book historian, and you use in your argument a text book anecdote that probably had no factual basis whatsoever.
Has anyone ever found the deed the settlers received for the beads? Ha ha, that does not require an answer. It's what's known as a rhetorical question, which does not require an answer.

I think it's like someone posted above, you have some personal feeling about this. Let it go. The Indians were not a documented society.
dc
DC. I don't take things personal. It's just a debate, not like it's going to change anything in the real world. There actually is quite a bit of documented history. I did some reading on the topic earlier today and I learned a few things. There are recorded deeds from the Indians in fact which pretty much destroys the un claimed land theory. http://www.pilgrimhallmuseum.org/in_the ... #1649_deed

Who do you think wrote those deeds? The settlers, or the illiterate natives, who couldn't read nor write, and thus "made their mark" on the document?
Why were they all signed with "X"?
dc
There you go again assuming the natives were illiterate. How would they even know what an X is if they were illiterate?
Yeah, right. They were all just named X.

Ha ha.
dc