The Narrator of Rev11 verse 3

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

Who narrates Revelation 11 verse 3?

John
33%
The Angel
No votes
The Lord
33%
other(?)
33%

Total votes: 9
dafty
captain of 100

The Narrator of Rev11 verse 3

Post by dafty »

Please, do take time to read through the ending of the previous chapter at least before you answer, unless you have considered it before and already made up you mind, thanks

inho
captain of 1,000

Re: The Narrator of Rev11 verse 3

Post by inho »

I answered 'other' since I think that Rev 11:1-3 is spoken by the same "voice from the heaven" as Rev 10:4, 10:8 and 10:11. It is a bit tricky to tell who is speaking in Rev 10:11, since KJV only says "he". However, some other translations make it clearer that it is the voice from heaven (they use the passive form instead of he).

The voice from heaven is probably the voice of the Lord, but since that is not specified in Rev 10 or 11, I chose to answer other.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Honestly, It could be any. John or The Lord seems most likely, as John is the one recounting the entire vision as a whole, and sometimes speaks of himself in the third person, while the Lord is the one providing the vision in question. Voted other, because of my uncertainty.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

I answered the Lord because of this:
Revelations11:3 wrote: And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Whose two witnesses?

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

harakim wrote: ↑January 14th, 2018, 4:36 am I answered the Lord because of this:
Revelations11:3 wrote: And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Whose two witnesses?
The Narrator's πŸ˜‰