Julie Rowe - any true believers left?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

Do you still believe Julie Rowe?

Yea
11%
Nay
18%
I never did
63%
Who is Julie Rowe?
8%

Total votes: 128
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Julie Rowe - any true believers left?

Post by Silver »

Emwhisman wrote: January 27th, 2018, 11:21 pm I know there are those that think she should be excommunicated, she has done way more than Denver and Kate, more books more podcasts etc and they nipped them in the bud way before they were even close to the influence that Julie has had. She has only received a letter from the first Presidency’s office wishing her well. That in itself speaks volumes for those who have ears to hear. President Nelson will not excommunicate her, in fact it will be quite the opposite in the next coming years for her and President Nelson, President Oaks and President Eyring. If we’re living right, choosing pure thoughts, reading scriptures going to the temple it becomes easier for the Holy Ghost to speak to us and to know this is all true as well.
Then produce a copy of that letter. Post it here.

Let's examine your use of the word "opposite," shall we? That could mean that Julie will excommunicate the First Presidency. Is that what you're so mysteriously hinting at? (Are you going to come back and respond? Please do. It is educational when liars dig their own hole deeper.)

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Emwhisman wrote: January 27th, 2018, 11:21 pm Wow, I can see now why I was told not to get back on for a certain amount of time. One of the ways you know them by their fruits is how they react to someone who shares information not agreeable to them. I don’t usually get on this group, I have been warned to stay off (for reasons that if I say my comment probably won’t be published) but as I’ve seen my husband become more and more hateful of Julie Rowe after once listening to her I wanted to see for myself what he’s been learning here. He told me they don’t bash Julie anymore but one morning I had a prompting to check and it happened to be right after this conversation was started. So apparently every now and then she still come up, just enough for those who have the need to get a thorough fix of bashing her and also anyone who dares to speak up in her behalf to do so.

Well I’m not Julie Rowe or Eric but but if you knew who they both really were you would know why I take that as a huge compliment. I do know who they are and one day you will too and when that happens many of you will be shocked. I only hope you can find out through the Sprit before you have to be shown after this mortal probation. Some of the questions directed to me were legitimate questions and not intended to bully and I would love to answer those. The one about how I know these things, I could go into detailed experiences I’ve had in the temple and in other ways but that won’t prove anything to anyone. For any of you who have been on a mission you know you can’t just tell someone your conversion story and they will believe, if you want to know how I know these things are true you’ll have to pray and ask. I served a mission in Russia and very few people there were ready to break through all that communist programming and pray to get an answer for themselves from God. But there were some elect few who had been prepared as I’m sure there are in every tough crowd, just look at Alma. But suffice it to say I have been shown & I’ve been told and I know these things that I’ve shared about Julie Rowe are all true and there is much more. The more I believe the more the Lord reveals to me as he will to you too if you let down all the unbelief and bitterness you feel and pray about Julie and her mission. It is more than I could have ever imagined.

I know there are those that think she should be excommunicated, she has done way more than Denver and Kate, more books more podcasts etc and they nipped them in the bud way before they were even close to the influence that Julie has had. She has only received a letter from the first Presidency’s office wishing her well. That in itself speaks volumes for those who have ears to hear. President Nelson will not excommunicate her, in fact it will be quite the opposite in the next coming years for her and President Nelson, President Oaks and President Eyring. If we’re living right, choosing pure thoughts, reading scriptures going to the temple it becomes easier for the Holy Ghost to speak to us and to know this is all true as well.

That’s about all I have and I will get back on and check if the Spirit prompts me to but otherwise I trust God knows what’s best for myself and for all of you. I have children and an awesome husband who hates Julie Rowe (thanks to you guys) but I am grateful, because it’s helped me learn a great lesson, that I can love people and treat them with respect even when they don’t share my views. So please don’t be offended or call me names or stock my Facebook page if you don’t agree with me and don’t be offended if don’t get right back on here and chat and debate! That’s not my place and it won’t do any good anyway, God bless and stay close to the Spirit
When was the imminent earthquake that was supposed to happen in 2016 prior to the elections? It was supposed to have an epicenter at the UofU in the early morning after a dusting of snow. She prophesied of it in early 2016, said the fine folks on the other side of the veil told her about it- "any day", she said. She was quite specific so there was no way that it could be any later than the elections, in fact, it should've happened in April or May of 2016. I think you'd agree that that fruit is past ripe and is rotten. Rotten fruit and Julie Rowe go hand in hand. What are you're thoughts on her failed prophesies?

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

When was the imminent earthquake that was supposed to happen in 2016 prior to the elections? It was supposed to have an epicenter at the UofU in the early morning after a dusting of snow. She prophesied of it in early 2016, said the fine folks on the other side of the veil told her about it- "any day", she said. She was quite specific so there was no way that it could be any later than the elections, in fact, it should've happened in April or May of 2016. I think you'd agree that that fruit is past ripe and is rotten. Rotten fruit and Julie Rowe go hand in hand. What are you're thoughts on her failed prophesies?
[/quote]

I get a lot of questions like this: When is the big earthquake? When is the Wasatch Wake up?

People are always wanting me to give dates. Here is my basic answer:

“I am not able to give dates. Whatever happens whenever it happens we are to keep planting our cherry trees and if we are happy and feel at peace about where we are and what we are doing, then ultimately it is really all about trusting his plan and being in the right place at the right time. I can’t speak for The Lord in knowing where you are supposed to be, or where you are supposed to go, or be in the next couple of weeks, months, or years. I leave it to Him and trust that if you are listening and heeding His counsel and promptings then no matter where you are when anything happens in your life, you are right where you are supposed to be for your plan and for your learning and growth.

“Trust in the Lord. Follow His Plan. Be discerning. Listen. Obey. Act. And have faith. In the end, it will all be for your good. Trust in the Lord and He will direct your paths. Lean not unto your own understanding. But be believing, and know that He IS God.”

— Julie Rowe

I think she realized giving specific dates was a bad idea.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

Gage wrote: January 29th, 2018, 11:53 am
shadow wrote: January 29th, 2018, 10:35 am When was the imminent earthquake that was supposed to happen in 2016 prior to the elections? It was supposed to have an epicenter at the UofU in the early morning after a dusting of snow. She prophesied of it in early 2016, said the fine folks on the other side of the veil told her about it- "any day", she said. She was quite specific so there was no way that it could be any later than the elections, in fact, it should've happened in April or May of 2016. I think you'd agree that that fruit is past ripe and is rotten. Rotten fruit and Julie Rowe go hand in hand. What are you're thoughts on her failed prophesies?

I get a lot of questions like this: When is the big earthquake? When is the Wasatch Wake up?

People are always wanting me to give dates. Here is my basic answer:

“I am not able to give dates. Whatever happens whenever it happens we are to keep planting our cherry trees and if we are happy and feel at peace about where we are and what we are doing, then ultimately it is really all about trusting his plan and being in the right place at the right time. I can’t speak for The Lord in knowing where you are supposed to be, or where you are supposed to go, or be in the next couple of weeks, months, or years. I leave it to Him and trust that if you are listening and heeding His counsel and promptings then no matter where you are when anything happens in your life, you are right where you are supposed to be for your plan and for your learning and growth.

“Trust in the Lord. Follow His Plan. Be discerning. Listen. Obey. Act. And have faith. In the end, it will all be for your good. Trust in the Lord and He will direct your paths. Lean not unto your own understanding. But be believing, and know that He IS God.”

— Julie Rowe

Funny thing is, according to Julie, her alleged 'source', the Lord Himself, gave her permission to give dates:
Julie Rowe: “My understanding right now is this interview that I’m having with you Bryan, is the last opportunity I have to essentially publicly testify... and warn many of our brothers and sisters that there is a very imminent earthquake on the Wasatch Front. What I’ve been shown and told is this is my last opportunity to do a live interview before that earthquake is going to happen. ... So I want to thank you for the timeliness of this interview and for The Lord’s direction and orchestration in this. I know without a doubt that He is real and He is orchestrating not only me being able to facilitate and share the story that I have of my experiences, but also so many others. ... I want to be very clear that The Lord does give dates sometimes when He needs us to know them,... I have been given permission to be very bold today to let you know that we have some very imminent things coming upon us within a matter of days. … I actually saw numerous earthquakes in the Utah-Idaho area, but particularly what I refer to, because they’ve told me this on the other side, the “Wasatch Wake-Up Earthquake,” which for a long time those on the other side, ministering angels and those that are some of my guardian angels, have been letting me know that that earthquake was “soon,” and about a week and a half, two weeks ago that message changed to “imminent.” So we’ve gone from soon to imminent. Now obviously that’s relative in The Lord’s time, right? Because He doesn’t keep time the same way we do here linearly, but what I see is that is literally imminent as in it could be any day.” (source – radio interview with Bryan Hyde, May 3, 2016)
And, according to Shelle McDermott's testimony, Julie gave a very specific date for this “Wasatch Wake-Up Earthquake” to her (Julie's) inner circle of friends. This earthquake that was to happen "within a matter of days" was supposedly going to take place on May 5, 2016:
Shelle McDermott: "[Julie Rowe] predicted [the 'Wasatch Wakeup' earthquake happening on 5-5-2016] at 4:06 [in the morning] and had people stay up all night worrying. ... I promised the three people who saw the post I would not disclose their names. It was on a private chat group run by Julie. I have known these ladies for 2 years and would not question what they told me. Each came forward on their own. I should mention, she has since deleted the post. " (source - http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=us )
Remember now that Julie's 'source' for her information about the "very imminent earthquake," according to her own words, was "ministering angels," "guardian angels," "those on the other side" of the veil (deceased ancestors, spirits?), and, ultimately, under "The Lord’s direction and orchestration."

Cast your mind back these past couple of years. Can you recall such an earthquake as she described ever happening? No? That's because history will show that there never was an earthquake on the Wasatch Front “within a matter of days” of Julie’s first interview with Bryan. Nor indeed any time between the dates of May 3, 2016, and November 17, 2016 (the date of her subsequent interview with Bryan Hyde), matching Julie’s exacting criteria of the “Wasatch Wake-Up Earthquake.”

The fact that she qualifies her message saying that "The Lord does give dates sometimes" and that she has "been given permission" to warn us about this "very imminent" earthquake that would happen "within a matter of days," whether intended or not, strongly leads the listener to believe that the Lord (whether himself or through "ministering angels and... guardian angels," etc.) directly gave her the date and authorized her to inform everyone else about it. If in fact she was “shown and told” these things, and then "given permission" and/or commanded to "publicly testify... and warn many of our brothers and sisters" of this "imminent" earthquake "within a matter of days," then that means her source was lying to her and deceiving her. That then begs the question of what, or who, was her source? I can tell you with absolute certainty who isn't the source of her information...
Jacob 4 wrote:13. Behold, my brethren, he that prophesieth, let him prophesy to the understanding of men; for the Spirit speaketh the truth and lieth not. Wherefore, it speaketh of things as they really are, and of things as they really will be; wherefore, these things are manifested unto us plainly, for the salvation of our souls. But behold, we are not witnesses alone in these things; for God also spake them unto prophets of old.
14. But behold, the Jews were a stiffnecked people; and they despised the words of plainness, and killed the prophets, and sought for things that they could not understand. Wherefore, because of their blindness, which blindness came by looking beyond the mark, they must needs fall; for God hath taken away his plainness from them, and delivered unto them many things which they cannot understand, because they desired it. And because they desired it God hath done it, that they may stumble.
15. And now I, Jacob, am led on by the Spirit unto prophesying; for I perceive by the workings of the Spirit which is in me, that by the stumbling of the Jews they will reject the stone upon which they might build and have safe foundation.
16. But behold, according to the scriptures, this stone shall become the great, and the last, and the only sure foundation, upon which the Jews can build.
17. And now, my beloved, how is it possible that these, after having rejected the sure foundation, can ever build upon it, that it may become the head of their corner?

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

I think Julie is still surprised at the gullibility of people, especially of Mormons. She knew those predictions would not come to pass, she figured she would milk it for all it was worth, sell some books, and when the time came and went with no fulfillment of her prophecy, she would just ride off into the sunset. There were people who followed her that sold everything they had thinking an earthquake was coming. But there were others that said "oh what is the harm", her predictions did not come to pass but she motivated us to prepare. Julie realized this was her way out of her failed prophecies and a way to keep some creditability, stop giving dates and stick to dreams, something that cant be proven false. Now she is more a motivational speaker, and just claims doom is inevitable at some point, while still claiming she has dreams and visions.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Gage wrote:

That's the typical excuse they use once their prophecies don't come to pass.
The fact remains that she gave specific prophecies that were supposed to happen in a specific time frame and she failed miserably. Rotten fruit.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

That’s also what Sosa said when his first EQ prophecy didnt come true. Incidentally Mills Crenshaw promoted him on the radio anyway. It couldn’t have anything to do w the fact that at the time Mills owned a preparedness business could it??

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: January 30th, 2018, 3:43 pm That’s also what Sosa said when his first EQ prophecy didnt come true. Incidentally Mills Crenshaw promoted him on the radio anyway. It couldn’t have anything to do w the fact that at the time Mills owned a preparedness business could it??
Sosa also falsely claimed Obama would stay in power.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

shadow wrote: January 30th, 2018, 4:39 pm
DesertWonderer2 wrote: January 30th, 2018, 3:43 pm That’s also what Sosa said when his first EQ prophecy didnt come true. Incidentally Mills Crenshaw promoted him on the radio anyway. It couldn’t have anything to do w the fact that at the time Mills owned a preparedness business could it??
Sosa also falsely claimed Obama would stay in power.
...and JR said Trump would be shot in the chest before the election, political assisnationS, economic collapse, food shortages, bio terrorists attacks, blah blah blah and they have all come and gone w/o happening when she said they would happen. I really feel very sad for the poor fools who listen to her—how will they make it through this life?

Emwhisman
captain of 50

Post by Emwhisman »

Silver wrote: January 29th, 2018, 9:14 am
Emwhisman wrote: January 27th, 2018, 11:21 pm I know there are those that think she should be excommunicated, she has done way more than Denver and Kate, more books more podcasts etc and they nipped them in the bud way before they were even close to the influence that Julie has had. She has only received a letter from the first Presidency’s office wishing her well. That in itself speaks volumes for those who have ears to hear. President Nelson will not excommunicate her, in fact it will be quite the opposite in the next coming years for her and President Nelson, President Oaks and President Eyring. If we’re living right, choosing pure thoughts, reading scriptures going to the temple it becomes easier for the Holy Ghost to speak to us and to know this is all true as well.

Let's examine your use of the word "opposite," shall we? That could mean that Julie will excommunicate the First Presidency. Is that what you're so mysteriously hinting at? (Are you going to come back and respond? Please do. It is educational when liars dig their own hole deeper

I don’t have the letter, it wasn’t sent to me it was sent to Julie Rowe. And from what I see of you, it would do any good for you to see the letter anyway. And no I don’t mean she will be taking over the presidency, it means instead of making her leave the church they will welcome her and her help from the GTRF, you will find out on your own in the coming months

Emwhisman
captain of 50

Post by Emwhisman »

stay close to the Spirit
[/quote]

People thought Samuel the Lamanite’s prophesies were rotten fruit too after five years passed and his prediction had still not occurred. We all know how it turned out for all of his naysayers right? That time she said the earthquake was immanent and could happen any day was last year in 2017 on the Brian Hyde show not 2016, but hey we all make mistakes don’t we? People who are given visions don’t get the whole story, that allows for free agency to still have effect for them and us who they are trying to help. God doesn’t want us to be commanded in all things. You want proof? Just wait, you’ll get your proof soon enough.

Emwhisman
captain of 50

Post by Emwhisman »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: January 28th, 2018, 9:53 pm
Emwhisman wrote: January 27th, 2018, 11:21 pm President Nelson will not excommunicate her, in fact it will be quite the opposite in the next coming years for her and President Nelson, President Oaks and President Eyrinh
So glad you came back. Hopefully you will stick around.

Would you please explain in specifics what you mean in the statement above?

Thank you, I would be glad to but I’m just thinking it wouldn’t be appropriate for this forum. If you want to email me we can discuss it further.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Emwhisman wrote: January 31st, 2018, 10:02 am

Let's examine your use of the word "opposite," shall we? That could mean that Julie will excommunicate the First Presidency. Is that what you're so mysteriously hinting at? (Are you going to come back and respond? Please do. It is educational when liars dig their own hole deeper

I don’t have the letter, it wasn’t sent to me it was sent to Julie Rowe. And from what I see of you, it would do any good for you to see the letter anyway. And no I don’t mean she will be taking over the presidency, it means instead of making her leave the church they will welcome her and her help from the GTRF, you will find out on your own in the coming months
Why would the LDS church need Julie Rowe's help with her private charity when the church has the humanitarian fund which they control and can make sure the money goes directly to the needy and not for salaries etc.? Frankly, I never understood how Julie could feel comfortable approaching LDS people to try to get them to donate to her fund, when the church already has a fund to help people and actually is spending the money now, rather than waiting for 'impending' tribulations and a supposed 'call out'.

Emwhisman
captain of 50

Post by Emwhisman »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: January 28th, 2018, 9:53 pm
Emwhisman wrote: January 27th, 2018, 11:21 pm President Nelson will not excommunicate her, in fact it will be quite the opposite in the next coming years for her and President Nelson, President Oaks and President Eyrinh
So glad you came back. Hopefully you will stick around.

Would you please explain in specifics what you mean in the statement above?
And also your other question of who do I believe Julie Rowe really is we can discuss too

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

So Emwhisman, let me get this straight: you are quoting from a document that you have neither seen nor read nor have in your possession?

Don’t you see that that is problematic to say tha least? In a court of law that is called hearsay and is inadmissable. In other words that information has no validity.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

See, here's the thing, Emily, your threats ring hollow. "In the coming months," eh? Months is plural. 2 or more. Are you, like Julie, going to make a scary prediction like "imminent?" Are you adult enough to come back here in three months and apologize for your idle threat?

Emwhisman
captain of 50

Post by Emwhisman »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: So Emwhisman, let me get this straight: you are quoting from a document that you have neither seen nor read nor have in your possession?

Don’t you see that that is problematic to say tha least? In a court of law that is called hearsay and is inadmissable. In other words that information has no validity.

I see your point, as I explained earlier there are some things God wants us to find out on our own, Without having to show proof. I might be able to get a copy of the letter from Julie but if I could get proof that the Book of Mormon was true for all of my non member friends would I do it? It would be tempting, but I know that even that would not be enough to give them a testimony only the Holy Ghost can do that.

If I felt you were honest in your seeking and not just trying to debate then sure let’s get the letter, but I can tell it doesn’t seem that is so from your remark. I’m referring to your courtroom analogy, remember my friend God is not the one trial here, in this mortal probation we are the ones who are on trial, it is not beneficial for us to demand proof without sincerity of knowing the real truth. But what he does ask us to do is talk to him and ask in prayer and that answer you get will be far better than seeing any letter. But I can assure you the letter is real, as so is Julie’s support from the first Presidency, otherwise she would have been excommunicated a long time ago with Denver Snuffer. But you and everyone else here who is demanding proof before you will believe will get it one day, if that’s what you want.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

[quote=Emwhisman post_id=833660
People thought Samuel the Lamanite’s prophesies were rotten fruit too after five years passed and his prediction had still not occurred. We all know how it turned out for all of his naysayers right? That time she said the earthquake was immanent and could happen any day was last year in 2017 on the Brian Hyde show not 2016, but hey we all make mistakes don’t we? People who are given visions don’t get the whole story, that allows for free agency to still have effect for them and us who they are trying to help. God doesn’t want us to be commanded in all things. You want proof? Just wait, you’ll get your proof soon enough.
[/quote]

Negative on the date. She claimed it in 2016. That is FACT. She said it would happen prior to the elections of 2016. I don't doubt she changes her story as time goes by, but originally it was 2016. And UNLIKE Samuel the Lamanite, who got his date correct, The FACT is that Julie Rowe got her date WRONG. And she didn't claim a vision, she claimed messengers from the other side told her.

I don't know if she's more loony or if her believers are for continually following her.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42218&hilit=shake+quake

Emwhisman
captain of 50

Post by Emwhisman »

AI2.0 wrote: January 31st, 2018, 10:20 am

Why would the LDS church need Julie Rowe's help with her private charity when the church has the humanitarian fund which they control and can make sure the money goes directly to the needy and not for salaries etc.? Frankly, I never understood how Julie could feel comfortable approaching LDS people to try to get them to donate to her fund, when the church already has a fund to help people and actually is spending the money now, rather than waiting for 'impending' tribulations and a supposed 'call out'.

The LDS church does not need her help monetarily. I know exactly how she is going to help but it is not monetarily. I think this conversation isn’t really going anywhere because everyone is ignoring the most important issue that Julie Rowe is exactly who she says she is and much more. You all want to know the details without having that foundation. I can tell you it’s like someone wanting to know what goes on in the Temple before they are members of the LDS church. If I did tell that person or you this information it would not help them to really understand the Temple or about Julie Rowe and her mission. That information would only serve to further your (and mine for telling it) condemnation. This information about who Julie Rowe is and how she will help President Nelson and his counselors is not secret, but like what goes on on in the temple it is very sacred. If you research and find out without having a testimony of Julie Rowe it will further your condemnation, just like non memebers who watch videos of what goes on in the temple. But you can pray about it and ask God and He will show you just like I found out. I don’t know that I can say too much more, it just feels like I’m debating at this point and we all know where the spirit of contentions come from. I hope you all can come up and seek for yourselves the truths that I have been blessed to know for myself because I prayed and study and asked always trying to remain worthy of the Holy Ghost. It is the only way

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

It was 2016 and Julie, I meant Emwhisman, knows it was 2016.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

shadow wrote: January 31st, 2018, 10:50 am [quote=Emwhisman post_id=833660
Negative on the date. She claimed it in 2016. That is FACT. She said it would happen prior to the elections of 2016. I don't doubt she changes her story as time goes by, but originally it was 2016. And UNLIKE Samuel the Lamanite, who got his date correct, The FACT is that Julie Rowe got her date WRONG. And she didn't claim a vision, she claimed messengers from the other side told her.

I don't know if she's more loony or if her believers are for continually following her.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42218&hilit=shake+quake
[/quote]

Emwhishman, I also point out that you are wrong on the date. Julie made that claim in May 2016. It will be two years this May. And, Samuel said it would be five years, he didn't say 'imminent' or 'any day now', as Julie did.
She also made a number of predictions this last fall, all of which did not come true. She also said she expected to be in the camps by spring of 2016. So I ask you, can you point to a predictions she's made which did come true? I can't think of one.

Actually Julie DID claim a vision of the earthquake, if you'll go back and read the transcripts of her interview, she said she 'saw' the earthquake because she described it as 'like green grass' she said she saw what looked like a spring snow fall.

Did you know she predicted all kinds of mayhem leading up to the inauguration last year? She claimed Trump would be assassinated and Trump towers attacked. When did you become a follower of hers? Are you aware of all the claims she's made?

Are you aware that she was active at AVOW forum, sharing her 'dreams' for years before she started claiming she had an NDE? Now she's claims to have constant NDE's, but apparently she doesn't even know what that means.

Did you know that she's and Energy healer? Do you know that she charges money to heal people, using what she claims is the power of God to do so? Did you know that Elder Ballard condemned that practice in the last General Conference?

Did you know that Julie Rowe predicted biological attacks in the US, plague and inflation, food shortages several years ago, all of which did not happen?

Have you read any other NDE books to see that Julie's claims are not new, but sound as if they were taken from the writings of others? Her 'Call out' claims were taken from Roger Young, who started the idea of a call out probably before she was born.

I'm glad your husband has seen through her, you'd be wise to consider that. Probably because he's taken the time to learn about her and not be sucked in by her claims. Just as you rely on her claim about the letter from the First Presidency. You are taking her word for it and I doubt you've ever asked for her to produce it or to even tell you when she received this letter. I remember in one of her podcasts telling about that letter--I got the impression it was sent to her because SHE wrote them and told them about her first book. That was a long time ago and a lot has happened since then. If she wrote to them now, I doubt they'd tell her they wished her well. They'd tell her to stop making podcasts, claiming divine visits and visions and they'd tell her to stop practicing energy healing.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

AI2.0 wrote: January 31st, 2018, 11:44 am I'm glad your husband has seen through her, you'd be wise to consider that. Probably because he's taken the time to learn about her and not be sucked in by her claims. Just as you rely on her claim about the letter from the First Presidency. You are taking her word for it and I doubt you've ever asked for her to produce it or to even tell you when she received this letter. I remember in one of her podcasts telling about that letter--I got the impression it was sent to her because SHE wrote them and told them about her first book. That was a long time ago and a lot has happened since then. If she wrote to them now, I doubt they'd tell her they wished her well. They'd tell her to stop making podcasts, claiming divine visits and visions and they'd tell her to stop practicing energy healing.
Concise and accurate review of the many strikes against Ms. Rowe. I seem to recall starting a thread once where I asked Rowe followers to list her prophecies that have actually come to pass. The list did not seem like a very successful one, in terms of hits and misses.

In short, there were no hits. Only misses.

The recent outlandish behavior and MMP/energy healing/personally banish Satan/lead the Elders stuff..... It's like she went from a sandy foundation of unfulfilled predictions to complete delusions of grandeur. I honestly feel bad for her at this point.

The good news is I think, as this poll demonstrates, that most people see through it 100%.

ndjili
captain of 100

Post by ndjili »

It seems whenever discussion ensues, people not rooted in truth claim contention if their is disagreement. Confusing debate and contention. Then they claim divine revelation via the Holy Spirit. This is just a manipulative way for the uninformed, deceived, deluded, to shut down all conversation and shame those they are in the debate with by taking a high ground of their own imaginings.

The Holy Ghost testifies of Jesus Christ, not Julie Rowe.

Julie talked about the letter in question on a podcast. She wrote the church a letter telling them she was an author and she got a letter back, from their office (not them personally) that said they don’t get involved with people’s book but they wished her well. Sounds like a generic response and in no way sounded like any kind of endorsement of her or her mission.

Julie has it been right about one thing. I have her early AVOW predictions. I’ve saved them. None has even remotely come to pass. I’ve heard a Julie teach blatant false doctrine. She teaches New Age, occultism, and Gnosticism as truth.
Her “memories” from Jerusha Smith are provably false as Jerusha was dead before Hyrum married Mary Fielding.

She relates accounts that are scriptural inaccurate. Accounts of Joseph Smith differ from what’s recorded in his history. Accounts of Ary Magdalene are different from whTs in scripture. She even said the Tower of Babel was a tall, wooden like structure in her second Mills Crenshaw interview. Scripture says “come let us make bricks”.

Then there’s the fact that details of the founding fathers wasn’t much talked about until people started asking her. Joan of Arc was not talked about until after the BYU TV presentation about her. The Wasatch Wakeup wasn’t a thing until 2 days after a big news story talking about Salt Lake being overdue for an earthquake came out.
She was all about Ebola when it was making headlines, now not so much. Now that people believe in the Davidic Servant nonsense, she’s all about that. I’m sure she’ll claim that she is this servant.

Her doctrines aren’t set and sound like the scriptures. The blow with every wind of what’s popular at the moment.

The only person these groups are preparing people for is the false Christ coming.

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

I have a friend that has been on that AVOW site since its beginning, he said all she did was take bits and pieces of other's dreams and compiled her own. Bilked thousands out of thousands of dollars. How can you sell your home and everything you own, cash out your retirement and buy a travel camper because some lady said had a dream? I just cannot begin to fathom.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

I think there are a few different groups in the church.

One group wants to know for themselves and takes the Lord at his word. They study the scriptures, listen to the prophets and obey the promptings of the Holy Ghost.

One group grew up the church, but don't have their own testimonies. They often try to change the church to match the current culture and end up promoting false doctrine.

The last group wants to know the truth, but they ask others to tell them what the Lord has said. (And I don't mean the true prophets.) They are often, in fact, tired of the same old, same old they hear over the pulpit and are looking for something more exciting and interesting. Something new. It brings to mind these verses from the New Testament:
Acts 17:21 (For all the Athenians and strangers which were there spent their time in nothing else, but either to tell, or to hear some new thing.)

22 ¶ Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars’ hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.