Julie Rowe - any true believers left?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

Do you still believe Julie Rowe?

Yea
11%
Nay
18%
I never did
63%
Who is Julie Rowe?
8%

Total votes: 128
AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Re: Julie Rowe - any true believers left?

Post by AI2.0 »

Tbone wrote: January 6th, 2018, 4:09 pm
AI2.0 wrote: January 6th, 2018, 2:43 pm I'm sorry I responded without seeing your second post on this. Thanks for the clarification.
So it sounds like you were told by someone who knows the recorder, is that correct? So, then it would seem that the recorder is claiming that they wrote down her vision at the request of the Temple Pres.
It really does sound outside of protocol, but I suppose if the Temple pres. believed her, maybe he wanted to preserve it in their record. I'm still skeptical that maybe there's some details which may be incorrect.

One point of interest--Julie, by her own admission, was not supposed to share her 'vision' until October 2013 (this is found on page 122 of her first book, a greater tomorrow, so there's a problem if she shared it and the temple recorder then told about it, during the open house in 2012) This happens all the time with Julie--she's often contradicting herself with her claims. She's been adding to her original claims that she gets muddled on what she's said in the past.

One thing about Elder Ballard's talk. On this forum, we saw the Energy healing proponents ignore and excuse Elder Ballard's speaking against what they do, so I'm not surprised if her followers also ignore these things. Her credibility is not hurt by her past failed predictions, but you must admit that if you tell that story to someone who doesn't know her backstory (that she shared her vision with the Temple Pres. and he had it recorded in the temple record), don't you think that will give her 'vision' credibility? I'd say it does, and that's the danger when it's taken at face value, without knowing anything else about her.
You are correct. I was told by someone who knows the recorder very well. I could have asked the recorder myself, but have never known him well enough to ask and it always felt like a strange thing ask, so I didn't. I just want to put it out there that from the little I know about him, he is a great man with a great immediate and extended family. Neither he nor the person that related the story to me attended the event in Cameron, MO.

I really only shared this story in response to iWriteStuff's response to me, so unfortunately I didn't consider what others might think, and I wouldn't have shared it had Leisure_59 not shared it first a long time ago.

I'm glad you shared it, I think all the bits and pieces that are shared are worthwhile. We here are very familiar with Julie and her antics over the years--it's all here documented for anyone to view--you're the messenger for this bit of information to add to the 'Julie file' and we can all figure out how much we want to believe. Maybe we'll get some more information which will clarify some of this story. I don't blame you for not wanting to ask the recorder about it, though that would probably be what is needed to be more sure of the incident--at this point it is second hand and that has less credibility than first hand. Thanks for telling us what you know about this. :)

ndjili
captain of 100

Post by ndjili »

Julie is totally the woman in Acts 16. I also feel that psychopathy plays a role in the whole Julie Rowe thing. Not sure if she herself is, or her publisher and now “ NDE experiencer” Chad Daybell, or the evil spirits she is involved with, or if it’s D-all of the above (which I’m starting to suspect).
Apparently in podcast 49, Julie taught multiple mortal probabtions and claimed to have been Seth’s wife in a former life among other things. On AVOW her followers and her detractors all heard the same thing, until Chad Daybell (her master that makes much gain through JR divination) came on and said that people heard it wrong, she didn’t say that, and that she misspoke when trying to put her experiences into words. After that JR followers all started saying that about podcast 49.
This my friends is gaslighting and has happened time and time again regarding JR.
in September 2015 she was telling people at her conferences that the Wasatch Wakeup would be sometime in the next month. When it didn’t happen she claimed she never said that and people either misunderstood her or were lying. The it was coming in 2016; along with a slew of other failed predictions. And when it didn’t happen people misunderstood her of were making things up.
This happens time and time again with these types and yet the have enough flying monkeys and followers in this cognitive dissonance haze that begin to take up the cause that it somehow keeps her propped up.

Julie Rowe, Chad Daybell. hector Sosa and Christopher Parrett are all as shady as they come.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Spaced_Out wrote: January 5th, 2018, 9:47 pm I have no issues whatsoever with her first two books or the doctrines in them, since then she has done and said some rather bazar things.

It is like do I believe in King David and do I read his writings in the old testament. He was an adulterer and murderer and scripter tells us he is cast down to hell. So what I still read and follow his council in what he wrote and consider them scripture.

In my mind she (Julie) did in deed have those experiences and wrote an accurate account, of course they are not scripture, and in her writing she states direction will be given by the prophets.
I find no evil or deception in the first two books, and I found them beneficial; don't be such harsh judges. .
I also believe she had the experiences she has. I do believe they are coming from Satan and his followers. Like having Joan of Arc visit her. Some guy that she just calls John. These are manifestations of familiar spirits. She probably opened the doorway with the energy healing priestcrafts.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

GrandMasterB wrote: January 6th, 2018, 5:52 pm I also believe she had the experiences she has. I do believe they are coming from Satan and his followers. Like having Joan of Arc visit her. Some guy that she just calls John. These are manifestations of familiar spirits. She probably opened the doorway with the energy healing priestcrafts.
There is no darkness in those books. or false doctrine...

14 Wherefore, take heed, my beloved brethren, that ye do not judge that which is evil to be of God, or that which is good and of God to be of the devil.
15 For behold, my brethren, it is given unto you to judge, that ye may know good from evil; and the way to judge is as plain, that ye may know with a perfect knowledge, as the daylight is from the dark night.
16 For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God.
17 But whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do evil, and believe not in Christ, and deny him, and serve not God, then ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of the devil; for after this manner doth the devil work, for he persuadeth no man to do good, no, not one; neither do his angels; neither do they who subject themselves unto him.
18 And now, my brethren, seeing that ye know the light by which ye may judge, which light is the light of Christ, see that ye do not judge wrongfully; for with that same judgment which ye judge ye shall also be judged.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

BringerOfJoy wrote: January 6th, 2018, 1:39 pm One of the first things I saw Julie Rowe say, was "Denver Snuffer is a false prophet." Nothing she had to say after that held much interest. It's been kind of interesting/sad to watch her self-destruct though. Who was the false prophet, Julie?
They BOTH are and have proven themselves as such many times over.

...but thanks for playing.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

For any true believers in either Rowe or Snuffer, I'd be interested to hear how you came to that belief and how you maintain it.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

AI2.0 wrote: January 6th, 2018, 11:00 amI wanted to acquire food storage for longer than I want to contemplate, but I was continually blocked from doing so by my wife. After she read Rowe's books, she freaked out a little bit. She demanded that I acquire food storage and reprimanded me for not already doing so (even though she prevented me from doing so).It's great that you have food storage now, but this is what I find disturbing. Both you and Juliet seem to have only acted upon obtaining food storage when the message came from an 'outside source'--not from our Prophets and our church. You really ought to ask yourself 'Why is that'? Does this say something about some members of the church, that they tune out the prophets and only respond when the message is dressed up and packaged by a source such as a dreamer or visionary? Do they only respond when the message scares the he** out of them? Do they only care if they think it's some special message for only the elite few who are being warned?

I think this is an example of what may be a failing shared by a portion of the church membership and I find it concerning. If they ignore the counsel about food storage, what other counsel are they ignoring? I hope those who may find themselves guilty of this, will consider if they need to be more careful about heeding outside sources more than the ordained servants of the Lord. Just a thought.
I'm sorry. I didn't think I could be more clear when I said:
I wanted to acquire food storage for longer than I want to contemplate, but I was continually blocked from doing so by my wife. After she read Rowe's books, she freaked out a little bit. She demanded that I acquire food storage and reprimanded me for not already doing so (even though she prevented me from doing so).

Since you obviously find my statement ambiguous, let me try again.

I wanted to acquire food storage. Less than one year after I was married I wanted to start building food storage. But within two months of getting married I was beginning to recognize what a huge mistake I made. I married someone who boasted about how she would never obey me or consider my counsel. I married someone who thought screaming, emotional abuse, verbal abuse, and physical abuse were not just her right, but her obligation. I married someone who would blow up at me over buying a single case of long term storage food, and if I had some flour or sugar she believed it should be opened and used right away instead of saved for an emergency.

I WANTED FOOD STORAGE.

After my wife read Rowe's books, she became upset with me for not previously acquiring food storage. She berated me for not having food storage with all the enthusiasm the she previously exhibited when berating me over wanting to waste money on food storage. Prior to Rowe's books, the only time I was allowed to acquire food storage was in 2008 when rice prices quadrupled and unfounded fears of a rice shortage led to people panic buying rice to create a legitimate shortage. I think she let me acquire two 25 pound (roughly 11 kg) bags of rice. But one of those bags was opened as soon as the grocery store bags of rice were used up.

I don't know how I can more clearly state that food storage had long been a priority for me, but a domineering and contentious woman prevented me from acquiring food storage until she was scared by Rowe's books.

This will probably be misinterpreted, but I bought food storage as quickly as I could out of fear. No, I did not have a fear that the end of commerce was imminent; I had a very real and legitimate fear that she would change her mind before I could acquire the food storage I had calculated that a family of three needs.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Spaced_Out wrote: January 6th, 2018, 6:51 pm
GrandMasterB wrote: January 6th, 2018, 5:52 pm I also believe she had the experiences she has. I do believe they are coming from Satan and his followers. Like having Joan of Arc visit her. Some guy that she just calls John. These are manifestations of familiar spirits. She probably opened the doorway with the energy healing priestcrafts.

14 Wherefore, take heed, my beloved brethren, that ye do not judge that which is evil to be of God, or that which is good and of God to be of the devil.
15 For behold, my brethren, it is given unto you to judge, that ye may know good from evil; and the way to judge is as plain, that ye may know with a perfect knowledge, as the daylight is from the dark night.
16 For behold, the Spirit of Christ is given to every man, that he may know good from evil; wherefore, I show unto you the way to judge; for every thing which inviteth to do good, and to persuade to believe in Christ, is sent forth by the power and gift of Christ; wherefore ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of God.
17 But whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do evil, and believe not in Christ, and deny him, and serve not God, then ye may know with a perfect knowledge it is of the devil; for after this manner doth the devil work, for he persuadeth no man to do good, no, not one; neither do his angels; neither do they who subject themselves unto him.
18 And now, my brethren, seeing that ye know the light by which ye may judge, which light is the light of Christ, see that ye do not judge wrongfully; for with that same judgment which ye judge ye shall also be judged.
I was not just referencing the books. Julie practices priestcraft. That is evil as it is Satan’s Craft. Case closed.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

GrandMasterB wrote: January 7th, 2018, 12:48 am

I was not just referencing the books. Julie practices priestcraft. That is evil as it is Satan’s Craft. Case closed.
Yes so that does not negate the fact that she had a vision from God and gave an honest write about it..
It is back to my previous statement about King David.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

brianj wrote: January 7th, 2018, 12:36 am
AI2.0 wrote: January 6th, 2018, 11:00 amI wanted to acquire food storage for longer than I want to contemplate, but I was continually blocked from doing so by my wife. After she read Rowe's books, she freaked out a little bit. She demanded that I acquire food storage and reprimanded me for not already doing so (even though she prevented me from doing so).It's great that you have food storage now, but this is what I find disturbing. Both you and Juliet seem to have only acted upon obtaining food storage when the message came from an 'outside source'--not from our Prophets and our church. You really ought to ask yourself 'Why is that'? Does this say something about some members of the church, that they tune out the prophets and only respond when the message is dressed up and packaged by a source such as a dreamer or visionary? Do they only respond when the message scares the he** out of them? Do they only care if they think it's some special message for only the elite few who are being warned?

I think this is an example of what may be a failing shared by a portion of the church membership and I find it concerning. If they ignore the counsel about food storage, what other counsel are they ignoring? I hope those who may find themselves guilty of this, will consider if they need to be more careful about heeding outside sources more than the ordained servants of the Lord. Just a thought.
I'm sorry. I didn't think I could be more clear when I said:
I wanted to acquire food storage for longer than I want to contemplate, but I was continually blocked from doing so by my wife. After she read Rowe's books, she freaked out a little bit. She demanded that I acquire food storage and reprimanded me for not already doing so (even though she prevented me from doing so).

Since you obviously find my statement ambiguous, let me try again.

I wanted to acquire food storage. Less than one year after I was married I wanted to start building food storage. But within two months of getting married I was beginning to recognize what a huge mistake I made. I married someone who boasted about how she would never obey me or consider my counsel. I married someone who thought screaming, emotional abuse, verbal abuse, and physical abuse were not just her right, but her obligation. I married someone who would blow up at me over buying a single case of long term storage food, and if I had some flour or sugar she believed it should be opened and used right away instead of saved for an emergency.

I WANTED FOOD STORAGE.

After my wife read Rowe's books, she became upset with me for not previously acquiring food storage. She berated me for not having food storage with all the enthusiasm the she previously exhibited when berating me over wanting to waste money on food storage. Prior to Rowe's books, the only time I was allowed to acquire food storage was in 2008 when rice prices quadrupled and unfounded fears of a rice shortage led to people panic buying rice to create a legitimate shortage. I think she let me acquire two 25 pound (roughly 11 kg) bags of rice. But one of those bags was opened as soon as the grocery store bags of rice were used up.

I don't know how I can more clearly state that food storage had long been a priority for me, but a domineering and contentious woman prevented me from acquiring food storage until she was scared by Rowe's books.

This will probably be misinterpreted, but I bought food storage as quickly as I could out of fear. No, I did not have a fear that the end of commerce was imminent; I had a very real and legitimate fear that she would change her mind before I could acquire the food storage I had calculated that a family of three needs.
First, It looks like the quotes got all mixed up. :?

Second, I apologize. Both you and Juliet were/are married to spouses who were 'skeptical' or against having food storage. That's a hard position to be in. Juliet did suggest she was motivated by reading the supposed John Taylor vision (which is not from John Taylor) and it was her husband that was not supportive of getting food storage. I'm not sure he's ever changed his mind and it sounds like she's been innovative and is doing her best to acquire it, trying to build a food storage without her husband's support. That's a very difficult position and I admire her for her efforts.

You say your wife was totally against it, until she read Julie's book, right? Is she LDS? If 'yes', then she's actually made my point--she's exactly the kind of member I was referring to--a person who ignores the counsel of the Prophet, until they read a book or vision, which scares them and only then will they act. I can see why you were frustrated and worried, wanting to prepare but being impeded by your wife. I was wrong to lump you and Juliet into the description of members who don't act until they are motivated by an outside source. Again, I'm sorry for making that mistake.

It's so much more difficult to live the gospel when your spouse does not have the same goals and level of commitment. It's understandable when a person is married to a non-member, they'll have a much harder time being faithful to prophets' counsel--having food storage can be on of those things, but it's most sad when it's members who block their spouses--those members who should know better; they know we've been counseled to be prepared for emergencies and stubbornly refuse to do it or make it such a low priority that everything else comes first, they are the problem and it's too bad when spouses are impeded from following inspired counsel.

So, to clarify, I am critical of LDS members who are fully aware the Prophets' counsel to prepare and have food storage, but do nothing at all about until they are motivated out of fear by a sensational outside source, such as these types of books, 'dreamers' and 'visionaries' we discuss here at LDSFF.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

I have to disagree that there is no darkness or false doctrine in her first book, at least. I have not read her other three books...or is it four now, I can't keep track, she's got a couple more in the works. While her book seems innocuous and she bears her testimony many times throughout, I still felt the clear warnings that something was not right, and I've read many many books similar to hers, so it wasn't because I was unfamiliar with NDE books.

When I read it, I could feel the warnings of the spirit about several things as I was reading (and I was very surprised by this, her book seemed innocuous and she wrote as a devoted, faithful member, this was confusing to me)--But....Her references to energy healing (thought at the time I was not very familiar with what it was), brought up clear warnings that what she was saying was not right. Also, I saw holes in her story and inconsistencies. I felt this could be the problem of trying to write and not being that good at it and I gave her the benefit of the doubt because she was not a writer and writing does take skill. Also, these types of books are often not well-written, their publishers and editors are not that good. I've heard people tell about their NDE's and while they are sincere, they can't follow a simple train of thought and it's a jumble, this is not uncommon.

Another area which disturbed me, was that I also felt that much of what she shared could be found not through revelation, but from written sources--LDS history and doctrinal student manuals, such as institute manuals and commentaries. I felt she was claiming to be revealing 'truths' that were not hidden but available to anyone who studied gospel topics. One part that was different and really left an impression on my mind was her claims about Hawn's mill and Jacob Hawn. THIS was new to me, I'd never heard anyone make the accusations she did, and this seemed like it was something she could actually claim revelation for. But then much later, I found a source for her version of events--I believe I was led to it (led by the light, in my desire to know the truth and not be deceived)--it was an article written by a church historian published in the Church News just a few months before she wrote her book.

Edited to add: Onsdag's review of Julie's first book "A Greater Tomorrow' was also something I believe I was 'led' to, by the light and a desire to know truth, to find answers to this conundrum. When I found his review (it's on this website in the book review section) it explained so much, the puzzle pieces were clearly falling in line, and then Sarah's research on Julie's activities at AVOW--that's when it all became clear to me. I have no doubt she's not telling the truth--maybe the 'truth' as she perceives it, but it's not actually what really happened--that she's not willing or able to share. Her motivation for this is something I don't know, I can speculate, but that's all.

Her 'vision' of catastrophic events can all be found in other various NDE books and end times 'visions' as well. And, many of those claims made have not happened. She's made many predictions over the last four years that have not happened. Now, she's moved on to expounding on her 'visions' and creating a niche for herself with her podcasts, books, speaking engagements, energy healing, and her charity. To go back to her 'humble' beginnings with her first book and what she thought was her 'mission'....it's very different now, so IMO, there is false doctrine and a 'darkness' that can be seen there.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

ndjili wrote: January 6th, 2018, 5:32 pm Julie is totally the woman in Acts 16. I also feel that psychopathy plays a role in the whole Julie Rowe thing. Not sure if she herself is, or her publisher and now “ NDE experiencer” Chad Daybell, or the evil spirits she is involved with, or if it’s D-all of the above (which I’m starting to suspect).
Apparently in podcast 49, Julie taught multiple mortal probabtions and claimed to have been Seth’s wife in a former life among other things. On AVOW her followers and her detractors all heard the same thing, until Chad Daybell (her master that makes much gain through JR divination) came on and said that people heard it wrong, she didn’t say that, and that she misspoke when trying to put her experiences into words. After that JR followers all started saying that about podcast 49.
This my friends is gaslighting and has happened time and time again regarding JR.
in September 2015 she was telling people at her conferences that the Wasatch Wakeup would be sometime in the next month. When it didn’t happen she claimed she never said that and people either misunderstood her or were lying. The it was coming in 2016; along with a slew of other failed predictions. And when it didn’t happen people misunderstood her of were making things up.
This happens time and time again with these types and yet the have enough flying monkeys and followers in this cognitive dissonance haze that begin to take up the cause that it somehow keeps her propped up.

Julie Rowe, Chad Daybell. hector Sosa and Christopher Parrett are all as shady as they come.
Thanks so much for sharing this. I wonder if anyone downloaded that podcast onto their own device and still has it. Maybe someone on AVOW. I'd like to know what the 'other things' were that she shared as well.

I know she believes in Multiple Mortal probations--I heard her allude to it in one of her earlier podcasts--I wrote down where it was, but now, can't find my note. Anyway, I can corroborate that claim, she does believe she lived previous mortal lives and I expect that means she believes she'll return to live another mortal probation when she dies. Maybe that explains the rumors that she was telling some men that she would be married to them? Could be she was referring to this idea of living numerous different lives with different spouses and children.

Absolutely, you are right, when called on the carpet for anything she's said, she falls back on blaming the listener--it's never her fault. She never misspoke, they misheard or they don't have the spirit so they can't accept the 'truths' she's preaching.

In the #49 podcast that she replaced the other with, she does this exact thing--she blames those who were upset, claims they needed to pray about what she was preaching, or they weren't 'ready' or this misunderstood her. She was so upset, it sounds like she considered not doing her podcasts anymore, but I think Eric talked her off the ledge.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

AI2.0 wrote: January 7th, 2018, 8:31 am Second, I apologize. Both you and Juliet were/are married to spouses who were 'skeptical' or against having food storage. That's a hard position to be in. Juliet did suggest she was motivated by reading the supposed John Taylor vision (which is not from John Taylor) and it was her husband that was not supportive of getting food storage. I'm not sure he's ever changed his mind and it sounds like she's been innovative and is doing her best to acquire it, trying to build a food storage without her husband's support. That's a very difficult position and I admire her for her efforts.

You say your wife was totally against it, until she read Julie's book, right? Is she LDS? If 'yes', then she's actually made my point--she's exactly the kind of member I was referring to--a person who ignores the counsel of the Prophet, until they read a book or vision, which scares them and only then will they act. I can see why you were frustrated and worried, wanting to prepare but being impeded by your wife. I was wrong to lump you and Juliet into the description of members who don't act until they are motivated by an outside source. Again, I'm sorry for making that mistake.

It's so much more difficult to live the gospel when your spouse does not have the same goals and level of commitment. It's understandable when a person is married to a non-member, they'll have a much harder time being faithful to prophets' counsel--having food storage can be on of those things, but it's most sad when it's members who block their spouses--those members who should know better; they know we've been counseled to be prepared for emergencies and stubbornly refuse to do it or make it such a low priority that everything else comes first, they are the problem and it's too bad when spouses are impeded from following inspired counsel.

So, to clarify, I am critical of LDS members who are fully aware the Prophets' counsel to prepare and have food storage, but do nothing at all about until they are motivated out of fear by a sensational outside source, such as these types of books, 'dreamers' and 'visionaries' we discuss here at LDSFF.
I do readily accept that John Taylor's vision may not really have been received and authored by Taylor, but I am not familiar with definitive evidence that he didn't write it. Do you have any?

My wife claims to be LDS, and I desperately look forward to the day when I can call her my ex wife. She is one of those people who is absolutely perfect and never does anything wrong. If there is a conflict between her and what is taught by God, then God is wrong. And yes, she really did say: "If that's what God says then God isn't perfect." Fortunately for me, she didn't realize what I was really getting at when I mentioned how sad it is that people will ignore counsel from a prophet until someone without priesthood authority makes a case for doing so. I could go on with some true stories that are even more outrageous, but I don't see any reason to do so. I will just say that, in my experience, it was impossible to live the gospel as I desired with someone who was increasingly further from the gospel.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

brianj wrote: January 7th, 2018, 10:54 am
AI2.0 wrote: January 7th, 2018, 8:31 am Second, I apologize. Both you and Juliet were/are married to spouses who were 'skeptical' or against having food storage. That's a hard position to be in. Juliet did suggest she was motivated by reading the supposed John Taylor vision (which is not from John Taylor) and it was her husband that was not supportive of getting food storage. I'm not sure he's ever changed his mind and it sounds like she's been innovative and is doing her best to acquire it, trying to build a food storage without her husband's support. That's a very difficult position and I admire her for her efforts.

I do readily accept that John Taylor's vision may not really have been received and authored by Taylor, but I am not familiar with definitive evidence that he didn't write it. Do you have any?

My wife claims to be LDS, and I desperately look forward to the day when I can call her my ex wife. She is one of those people who is absolutely perfect and never does anything wrong. If there is a conflict between her and what is taught by God, then God is wrong. And yes, she really did say: "If that's what God says then God isn't perfect." Fortunately for me, she didn't realize what I was really getting at when I mentioned how sad it is that people will ignore counsel from a prophet until someone without priesthood authority makes a case for doing so. I could go on with some true stories that are even more outrageous, but I don't see any reason to do so. I will just say that, in my experience, it was impossible to live the gospel as I desired with someone who was increasingly further from the gospel.
Here is a link to a thread on the purported vision of John Taylor. I think the evidence makes it clear this was not his vision.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39561&hilit=john+taylor+vision

I'm really sorry about your situation with your wife. I hope this coming year will be a better one for you.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

BringerOfJoy wrote: January 6th, 2018, 1:39 pm One of the first things I saw Julie Rowe say, was "Denver Snuffer is a false prophet." Nothing she had to say after that held much interest. It's been kind of interesting/sad to watch her self-destruct though. Who was the false prophet, Julie?
Both.

watchthewatchers
captain of 10

Post by watchthewatchers »

Is everything from Julie just stolen from somewhere else? The book The Road came out in 2006. Then the movie in 2009. It has a heavy element of cannibalism when the world ends. Julie didn't write her books until some years after, and can easily employ the use an ex post facto prophecy, like the Hopi indians do with all of their supposed future visions.

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

People like to read entertaining made up stories and not "boring" scriptures. Most dont read scriptures. You are a lot better man than I, if my wife ever told me to go buy food storage because Julie Rowe says so. I dont think that conversation would end well.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

watchthewatchers wrote: January 7th, 2018, 6:43 pm Is everything from Julie just stolen from somewhere else? The book The Road came out in 2006. Then the movie in 2009. It has a heavy element of cannibalism when the world ends. Julie didn't write her books until some years after, and can easily employ the use an ex post facto prophecy, like the Hopi indians do with all of their supposed future visions.
Yes, most everything in her first book was copied from other sources. For example she copied directly from Sara menet’s book word for word about 1/2 a page; she copied several sections from The Bible Dictionary but made slight changes to try and cover the fraud. She likewise borrowed heavily from other sources. SpacedOut said there was no evil in her books—I beg to differ. her theft of copywritten materials and then claiming it was from her own vision/NDE/revelation/visitations (she changes the source of the information depending on the situation) is evil.
Last edited by DesertWonderer2 on January 8th, 2018, 4:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ndjili
captain of 100

Post by ndjili »

Now, per podcast 26, she claims that her ancestor John the Revelator helped her write her books, and that her terrible writing skills were part of the plan, so that anyone could understand. Because apparently decent writing skills make it too hard to understand her message.so much crap in just podcast 26 that I could go on and on (like when she says the Holy Ghost told her something but then suddenly starts calling the Holy Ghost “they”).
SMH

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

watchthewatchers wrote: January 7th, 2018, 6:43 pm Is everything from Julie just stolen from somewhere else? The book The Road came out in 2006. Then the movie in 2009. It has a heavy element of cannibalism when the world ends. Julie didn't write her books until some years after, and can easily employ the use an ex post facto prophecy, like the Hopi indians do with all of their supposed future visions.

As Desertwonderer2 pointed out, there are many similarities to other passages in Julie's book. There is a book review done by Onsdag on this forum which outlines the many passages which are similar or look to be lifted from other sources. I'd recommend anyone who is interested for more detail to read his evidence.

It's also not just the problems in her books, it is also that she was on AVOW for years before she published her book, telling these events, but saying that they were from dreams, not an NDE. More information on that can also be found on the thread I've provided a link to.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=37001

Syn
captain of 50

Post by Syn »

I'd also say that she ripped her story off of VOG by Pontius. He seemed to have the first book of this end-times visions of destruction, foreign occupation, and all the other end-times things Pontius wrote about his friend saw. Pontius -who was somewhat known for previous books- writes a book (which I think is fictional, but an uplifting type of fictional) and two years later JR's book pops up with the same theme and plot. Unless my dates of book releases are off, she so ripped it off. I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up plagiarizing a few paragraphs here or there.

I'm happy that people have jumped ship. When I found these forums it was at the peak of the hestaria. People defended her with gnashing teeth while throwing away all reasonable logic AND even words of prophets, apostles, and scriptures.

Edit: I didn't read all the posts, so I may have missed some stuff that may be more pertinent to this thread.

LeastDisplayOfMind
captain of 10

Post by LeastDisplayOfMind »

Juliet wrote: January 5th, 2018, 10:44 am
I have had girls camp at Heber valley, and believe me, all of us were thinking, why would President Hinkley go through all the trouble just for a girl's camp. It was huge, bigger than the church's girls camp needs. It had cabins and stoves and bathrooms. It even had full time missionaries! We speculated at that time. The spirit there was strong, and we speculated that this land was ordained for some unknown but very important purpose. The spirit there was incredible. I have been to Dauchau, a concentration camp in Germany, and the spirit there was palpable, you could feel the evil that had happened there. This girls camp had a spirit just as palpable but for good, to save lives.
The list of church-owned "camps" is impressive. No doubt they will be deployed as secure areas for the faithful during the calamitous end of days.

Within the next 10 years I hope to purchase land adjacent to a church camp.

drtanner
captain of 1,000

Post by drtanner »

LeastDisplayOfMind wrote: January 9th, 2018, 12:42 am
Juliet wrote: January 5th, 2018, 10:44 am
I have had girls camp at Heber valley, and believe me, all of us were thinking, why would President Hinkley go through all the trouble just for a girl's camp. It was huge, bigger than the church's girls camp needs. It had cabins and stoves and bathrooms. It even had full time missionaries! We speculated at that time. The spirit there was strong, and we speculated that this land was ordained for some unknown but very important purpose. The spirit there was incredible. I have been to Dauchau, a concentration camp in Germany, and the spirit there was palpable, you could feel the evil that had happened there. This girls camp had a spirit just as palpable but for good, to save lives.
The list of church-owned "camps" is impressive. No doubt they will be deployed as secure areas for the faithful during the calamitous end of days.

Within the next 10 years I hope to purchase land adjacent to a church camp.
Where does this come from? Is it just a theory or is someone saying the church made a reference about it? I’ve stayed at several of these camps and those who serve to help run the camps never ever make any comments or claims like this.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

drtanner wrote: January 9th, 2018, 6:10 am
Where does this come from? Is it just a theory or is someone saying the church made a reference about it? I’ve stayed at several of these camps and those who serve to help run the camps never ever make any comments or claims like this.
avow

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

The “call out” is spiritual not physical: https://www.lds.org/ensign/2012/07/take ... e?lang=eng

This is a good article too: https://ldsmag.com/why-do-some-latter-d ... s-of-doom/