Julie Rowe - any true believers left?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

Do you still believe Julie Rowe?

Yea
11%
Nay
18%
I never did
63%
Who is Julie Rowe?
8%

Total votes: 128
iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Julie Rowe - any true believers left?

Post by iWriteStuff »

I'm curious if the fan bus has left the station for Julie Rowe. I used to give her a bit of room for doubt but now I'm solidly in the "Doubt" camp.

What say ye? Any true believers left?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Julie Rowe - any true believers left?

Post by Silver »

You crack me up.

Mark me down for never did, never will. Talk about a stupor of thought when I tried to read a few paragraphs of that stuff.

By the way, her "charity," The Greater Tomorrow Relief Fund of the Milky Way, Inc., hasn't been filing IRS documents.
https://www.charitynavigator.org/index. ... =475354246

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Silver wrote: January 5th, 2018, 7:54 am You crack me up.

Mark me down for never did, never will. Talk about a stupor of thought when I tried to read a few paragraphs of that stuff.

By the way, her "charity," The Greater Tomorrow Relief Fund of the Milky Way, Inc., hasn't been filing IRS documents.
Yeah I noticed that too when I went looking a few months back. They either no longer exist or need to hire a new tax accountant. :shock:

Tbone
captain of 100

Post by Tbone »

Silver wrote: January 5th, 2018, 7:54 am By the way, her "charity," The Greater Tomorrow Relief Fund of the Milky Way, Inc., hasn't been filing IRS documents.
A charity only needs to file the full Form 990 if it normally receives more than $50K in contributions annually.

People accuse her of a lot of things, but I don't believe for a second that she wrote her books or set up her charity to make money. Whatever her true motivations are, I believe they are something different than that.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Tbone wrote: January 5th, 2018, 9:39 am Whatever her true motivations are, I believe they are something different than that.
I'm not sure what her motivations are any more. Would you care to speculate? Possess any great insider knowledge? I went to one of her events and although I think she was sincere, there was a lot about her that seemed.....off.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

She's got lots of ways to make money.

From her website - https://julieroweenergysessions.acuitys ... hedule.php

Julie Rowe Energy Sessions

To prepare for your session please find a quiet spot where you can have privacy if possible. I encourage you to have plenty of water to drink during the session, and as much rest as possible the day of your session to ensure the best results. Each session is a unique healing experience, therefore on your initial consultation I will discuss what you can expect during your sessions, as well as what will be required of you. The initial consultation is created to give basic education as well as to uplift and release negative energy. The remaining sessions will do the same, but depending on the client, we will move at a more rapid pace in releasing negative energy. Payment is required up front when scheduling and is non-refundable. Due to my time constraints, space is very limited. I block out time in my very busy schedule to do these sessions, so in the event you cancel your appointment, are more than five minutes late for your appointment, or do not show up for your appointment at the scheduled date and time, you agree to forfeit payment and no refunds will be issued. You are agreeing to this when you schedule your session. I will do the best I can to keep on schedule and ensure that you have a successful session and positive experience. In the event I have to cancel your session, I will email you to reschedule at the next convenient time. I am new to this scheduling software and am still trying to figure out the best system, so I appreciate your patience and understanding while I work out the kinks. I look forward to working with you!

Schedule Appointment
Consultation 40 min initial Energy Session (First Time Clients only)
40 minutes @ $65.00

Regular 40 min Energy Session
40 minutes @ $65.00

Regular 20 min Energy Session
20 minutes @ $40.00

Energy Session 55 Min
1 hour @ $95.00

Energy Session 80 Min
1 hour 30 minutes @ $130.00

Lessons on Energy Work
40 minutes @ $85.00

Tbone
captain of 100

Post by Tbone »

iWriteStuff wrote: January 5th, 2018, 9:45 am
Tbone wrote: January 5th, 2018, 9:39 am Whatever her true motivations are, I believe they are something different than that.
I'm not sure what her motivations are any more. Would you care to speculate? Possess any great insider knowledge? I went to one of her events and although I think she was sincere, there was a lot about her that seemed.....off.
My experience was the same as yours. I attended her event in Cameron, MO and there were people there from her old ward in Overland Park, KS and she had her family there. She seemed to have some local support and family support, especially from her husband. But, like you say, although I believed she was sincere, there were some things that I personally felt were a little off. About the only inside information I would have is what Leisure_59 shared several years ago. I know that before she wrote her book and was on Mills Crenshaw she shared a much longer version of her story with the Kansas City Missouri Temple president, who then had it recorded by the Temple Recorder. There's more to her than just some fraudster trying to make money.

I want to be very careful about talking bad about her or anyone else who does what she does, but I will say that even though I don't believe her motives are necessarily to make money, I felt an EXTREMELY strong impression to stay away from her charity. And for most people listening to her podcasts is a waste of time, but I've enjoyed listening to her and Eric, although I have increasingly felt more and more uncomfortable with what she is saying and doing. She has an interesting perspective on some things, but Elder Ballard's recent General Conference talk couldn't have been more timely.

Just to make it clear, I am no follower of Julie Rowe and have never felt that we are under any obligation to do anything she says or take anything she says seriously.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Spirit told me to stay away. Same with Visions of Glory, etc.

Scriptures, Prophets, Holy Ghost. That's plenty of real revelation to ponder on.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

In 2013, I read what is purported as John Taylor's vision showing what looked like nuclear war and cannibalism and everything evil you can Imagine. I began to worry about going through that. I mean, the scriptures say it will be worse than any time in history, but this vision was too horrific to be true. Maybe it is the fact I had just had 2 kids and my mother hormones were over the top.

That is when Julie Rowe's book came out. I was immediately comforted that the Lord had a plan for us. Ever since I was 12 I had a testimony of having a year supply of food storage, and I made a food storage plan as one of my young women projects.

I have had girls camp at Heber valley, and believe me, all of us were thinking, why would President Hinkley go through all the trouble just for a girl's camp. It was huge, bigger than the church's girls camp needs. It had cabins and stoves and bathrooms. It even had full time missionaries! We speculated at that time. The spirit there was strong, and we speculated that this land was ordained for some unknown but very important purpose. The spirit there was incredible. I have been to Dauchau, a concentration camp in Germany, and the spirit there was palpable, you could feel the evil that had happened there. This girls camp had a spirit just as palpable but for good, to save lives.

Since then, I prayerfully made a list of preparations so if we had to live in a tent we would. The last thing on my list were guns. Well, I just got my first shot gun for Christmas.

My husband was skeptical the whole time, so, I told the Lord I would not put my marriage in jeopardy. Every time I approached my husband with something on my list, I asked God to soften his heart. Every time, my husband's heart was softened. I didn't have to nag, plead or beg.

Last year in October, I had a dream. An angel looked at my storage and suggested more toilet paper. Other than that, the angel said I would be prepared to go with the first group who would prepare the way for others "next Sunday".

I have wavered on my belief, but I have always decided it is better to prepare. Because even if it is only a spiritual battle, being prepared for physical disaster can program the mind on how to better overcome spiritual disaster.

One thing that has impressed me, is that Samuel the Lamanite had many believes at first, but at the end of 5 years when the signs started appearing, even the believers lost their faith. They started mocking those who believed in Samuel the Lamanite.

This last year we had a major sign with the solar eclipse. We also had a sign showing a Virgin with 12 stars at her crown giving birth. Revelation 12 says after this, the Woman flees into the wilderness for 3 1/2 years.

My husband works for a bank. In October 2016, the chip was implemented. All business owners had to have a chip reader in their card processing technology by law. A year later, and all the businesses have them now. All that is left is for the chips to be put in people's hands and not their plastic cards. When this happens, because the chip sends a wifi signal, it will disrupt our natural human wifi and it will make it so we can't hear the Holy Spirit, just as the book of revelations has said about the mark of the beast.

Now, with Trump incarcerating the elite, the elite have no reason to keep the stock market going. They have nothing more to steal from us.

I see now more than ever the things Julie saw come true.

People don't like her and say she is mentally ill. I think that is a bad move. No other culture does that to its people. Other culture respect spiritual people. I think to call someone mentally ill because you disagree with them says more about your discernment then anything. It seems that Lehi was called mentally ill.

I have never been given a sure knowledge or testimony of Julie Rowe. I just believe Jesus will come again and to me her explanation makes sense. It has always made sense to me. I think it is smart to get food storage. You can buy a 20 dollar survival tent what has mylar in it to keep you warm. Buying something like that if you don't have money for a canvas tent is just smart.

I would rather be wrong and stupid by over preparing then be wrong an dead from not preparing. And I have never had money to prepare. It just happened somehow. And we aren't going to be living high on the hog. But I felt little things like a 5 dollar home Depot bucket filled with brownie mix, it cost like 30 dollars to fill that up. That will build rapport during emergencies. A few cans of cherries or pumpkin here and there, and learning to cook Pinto beans and bread. I bought a Freeze dried can of chicken broth and tomato sauce. And I have 20 buckets, one of salt, one of corn bread, a few white flour, one millet, one Oats, a couple for sugar. Some white wheat, and rice. All were very cheap to do and I use them now anyway. In fact I need to restock since my oat bucket is almost gone.

Mcox
captain of 100

Post by Mcox »

Unfortunately there are still believers out there. You’ll find some on avow. Chad Daybell is her biggest promoter. She has gone off in left field! If energy healing wasn’t bad enough, she has adopted the false doctrine of multiple mortal probations.

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

Juliet wrote: January 5th, 2018, 10:44 am In 2013, I read what is purported as John Taylor's vision showing what looked like nuclear war and cannibalism and everything evil you can Imagine. I began to worry about going through that. I mean, the scriptures say it will be worse than any time in history, but this vision was too horrific to be true. Maybe it is the fact I had just had 2 kids and my mother hormones were over the top.

That is when Julie Rowe's book came out. I was immediately comforted that the Lord had a plan for us. Ever since I was 12 I had a testimony of having a year supply of food storage, and I made a food storage plan as one of my young women projects.

I have had girls camp at Heber valley, and believe me, all of us were thinking, why would President Hinkley go through all the trouble just for a girl's camp. It was huge, bigger than the church's girls camp needs. It had cabins and stoves and bathrooms. It even had full time missionaries! We speculated at that time. The spirit there was strong, and we speculated that this land was ordained for some unknown but very important purpose. The spirit there was incredible. I have been to Dauchau, a concentration camp in Germany, and the spirit there was palpable, you could feel the evil that had happened there. This girls camp had a spirit just as palpable but for good, to save lives.

Since then, I prayerfully made a list of preparations so if we had to live in a tent we would. The last thing on my list were guns. Well, I just got my first shot gun for Christmas.

My husband was skeptical the whole time, so, I told the Lord I would not put my marriage in jeopardy. Every time I approached my husband with something on my list, I asked God to soften his heart. Every time, my husband's heart was softened. I didn't have to nag, plead or beg.

Last year in October, I had a dream. An angel looked at my storage and suggested more toilet paper. Other than that, the angel said I would be prepared to go with the first group who would prepare the way for others "next Sunday".

I have wavered on my belief, but I have always decided it is better to prepare. Because even if it is only a spiritual battle, being prepared for physical disaster can program the mind on how to better overcome spiritual disaster.

One thing that has impressed me, is that Samuel the Lamanite had many believes at first, but at the end of 5 years when the signs started appearing, even the believers lost their faith. They started mocking those who believed in Samuel the Lamanite.

This last year we had a major sign with the solar eclipse. We also had a sign showing a Virgin with 12 stars at her crown giving birth. Revelation 12 says after this, the Woman flees into the wilderness for 3 1/2 years.

My husband works for a bank. In October 2016, the chip was implemented. All business owners had to have a chip reader in their card processing technology by law. A year later, and all the businesses have them now. All that is left is for the chips to be put in people's hands and not their plastic cards. When this happens, because the chip sends a wifi signal, it will disrupt our natural human wifi and it will make it so we can't hear the Holy Spirit, just as the book of revelations has said about the mark of the beast.

Now, with Trump incarcerating the elite, the elite have no reason to keep the stock market going. They have nothing more to steal from us.

People don't like her and say she is mentally ill. I think that is a bad move. No other culture does that to its people. Other culture respect spiritual people. I think to call someone mentally ill because you disagree with them says more about your discernment then anything. It seems that Lehi was called mentally ill.

I have never been given a sure knowledge or testimony of Julie Rowe. I just believe Jesus will come again and to me her explanation makes sense. It has always made sense to me. I think it is smart to get food storage. You can buy a 20 dollar survival tent what has mylar in it to keep you warm. Buying something like that if you don't have money for a canvas tent is just smart.

I would rather be wrong and stupid by over preparing then be wrong an dead from not preparing. And I have never had money to prepare. It just happened somehow. And we aren't going to be living high on the hog. But I felt little things like a 5 dollar home Depot bucket filled with brownie mix, it cost like 30 dollars to fill that up. That will build rapport during emergencies. A few cans of cherries or pumpkin here and there, and learning to cook Pinto beans and bread. I bought a Freeze dried can of chicken broth and tomato sauce. And I have 20 buckets, one of salt, one of corn bread, a few white flour, one millet, one Oats, a couple for sugar. Some white wheat, and rice. All were very cheap to do and I use them now anyway. In fact I need to restock since my oat bucket is almost gone.
You have to understand that other cultures give the green like to people like Julie because they have a limited understanding of truth of what is from God.

I don't beat up Julie because I really think she has a mental disorder and I don't think she can control it - almost exactly like a family member of mine had hers is just broadcast on a larger scale. I don't know if Julie had some or all the experiences she claims but I see that she has a lot of problems. She probably has good intentions but many do.

Julie may have help remind you to get food storage "which is a good thing" but if you look back at what the prophets have taught you should have already been doing it long ago. The problem you get is much of the rest of her message has been off - energy healing to name one. I just advise people to tread lightly with situations like this. There may be some truth taught but just because some truth is taught doesn't mean it's all truth.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

EmmaLee wrote: January 5th, 2018, 9:48 am She's got lots of ways to make money.

From her website - https://julieroweenergysessions.acuitys ... hedule.php

Julie Rowe Energy Sessions

To prepare for your session please find a quiet spot where you can have privacy if possible so that the spirit of Satan may enter freely. I encourage you to have plenty of water to drink during the session, and as much rest as possible the day of your session to ensure the best results. Each session is a unique healing experience, therefore on your initial consultation I will discuss what you can expect during your sessions, as well as what will be required of you. The initial consultation is created to give basic education as well as to uplift and release negative energy. The remaining sessions will do the same, but depending on the client, we will move at a more rapid pace in releasing negative energy. Payment is required up front when scheduling and is non-refundable. Due to my time constraints, space is very limited. I block out time in my very busy schedule to do these sessions, so in the event you cancel your appointment, are more than five minutes late for your appointment, or do not show up for your appointment at the scheduled date and time, you agree to forfeit payment and no refunds will be issued. You are agreeing to this when you schedule your session. I will do the best I can to keep on schedule and ensure that you have a successful session and positive experience. In the event I have to cancel your session, I will email you to reschedule at the next convenient time. I am new to this scheduling software and am still trying to figure out the best system, so I appreciate your patience and understanding while I work out the kinks. I look forward to working with you!

Schedule Appointment
Consultation 40 min initial Energy Session (First Time Clients only)
40 minutes @ $65.00

Regular 40 min Energy Session
40 minutes @ $65.00

Regular 20 min Energy Session
20 minutes @ $40.00

Energy Session 55 Min
1 hour @ $95.00

Energy Session 80 Min
1 hour 30 minutes @ $130.00

Lessons on Energy Work
40 minutes @ $85.00
Yeah that lady is off her rocker.

LatterDayLizard
captain of 100

Post by LatterDayLizard »

Tbone wrote: January 5th, 2018, 10:09 am
iWriteStuff wrote: January 5th, 2018, 9:45 am
My experience was the same as yours. I attended her event in Cameron, MO and there were people there from her old ward in Overland Park, KS and she had her family there. She seemed to have some local support and family support, especially from her husband. But, like you say, although I believed she was sincere, there were some things that I personally felt were a little off. About the only inside information I would have is what Leisure_59 shared several years ago. I know that before she wrote her book and was on Mills Crenshaw she shared a much longer version of her story with the Kansas City Missouri Temple president, who then had it recorded by the Temple Recorder. There's more to her than just some fraudster trying to make money.

I want to be very careful about talking bad about her or anyone else who does what she does, but I will say that even though I don't believe her motives are necessarily to make money, I felt an EXTREMELY strong impression to stay away from her charity. And for most people listening to her podcasts is a waste of time, but I've enjoyed listening to her and Eric, although I have increasingly felt more and more uncomfortable with what she is saying and doing. She has an interesting perspective on some things, but Elder Ballard's recent General Conference talk couldn't have been more timely.

Just to make it clear, I am no follower of Julie Rowe and have never felt that we are under any obligation to do anything she says or take anything she says seriously.
I was at that meeting. Small world! I agree with your assessment.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

LatterDayLizard wrote: January 5th, 2018, 1:34 pm
Tbone wrote: January 5th, 2018, 10:09 amI attended her event in Cameron, MO
I was at that meeting. Small world!
I was there, as well. Very small world!

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

No mental disorder unless narcissism is a mental disorder. The lady did it for notoriety and money.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Juliet wrote: January 5th, 2018, 10:44 am In 2013, I read what is purported as John Taylor's vision showing what looked like nuclear war and cannibalism and everything evil you can Imagine. I began to worry about going through that. I mean, the scriptures say it will be worse than any time in history, but this vision was too horrific to be true. Maybe it is the fact I had just had 2 kids and my mother hormones were over the top.

There are a great many people who are prepared because of what the prophets have said. We needn't go to a diluted, or polluted source for truth. Satan is the great imitator, if it didn't sound something like the truth, it wouldn't be as easy to deceive even the very elect.

It sounds like you have made a great start, I would simply suggest going back to a pure source to find the whole truth instead of just part of the truth mixed with untruth.

Prophets, scriptures and the Holy Ghost.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

iWriteStuff wrote: January 5th, 2018, 7:48 am What say ye? Any true believers left?
I could explain my belief about Julie Rowe quite easily, but Brian frowns on that kind of language. I know I should too, but I'm working on bigger things.

BruceRGilbert
captain of 1,000

Post by BruceRGilbert »

As part of the "accumulation" of Truth as a knowledge of things as they were, are and shall be, a measurement of "fruit" is in order. Certainly when someone presents themselves as a "singularity" of "Divine" direction and stewardship, a "back-burner" posture of examination and "progressive" evaluation is warranted. After testing Ms. Rowe via a comment on one of her "fireside," YouTube endeavors and witnessing the reception thereof, I have determined for myself that she is more interested in "self-promotion," rather than truth. I must admit that I was disappointed.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

I have a number if random thought regarding JR specifically but they pertain generally to SM,Sosa, Spencer and now there is a new guy on the scene (sorry forgetting his name right now)

One of her motivations is money and gains this through energy healimg, book sales, DVD sales, preparedness conferences, begging for donations for her “charity” and she even makes personal request for cash mostly to older men who she tells that they are to be or were in the pre existence spiritual spouses. WOW. The other motivators for her are that she craves the attention from and the power she gets over her followers. These are powerful stimulants

There is no doubt that she has mental problems. Her breakdowns on the radio, Narcissism, pathological lying are all symptoms of this. From her podcast that describes her life as a child I think she unknowingly let us know the root of her mental health issues and I feel very sorry for her if what I suspect is correct.

Because she is generally fairly coherent, there is more going on here than mental health issues I think. She claims that she has been visited by many spirits, translated and resurrected beings and satan even spoke to her. HOPEFULLY this is all severe debilitating mental issues—if not than she truly is engaged with evil spirits. My best guess is that she has open herself to evil spirts through the satanic practice of energy healing.

I’ve kept up on her podcasts and I must say that I’m really surprised that she hasn’t been excommunicated. The shear amount if false doctrine that she and Eric (who is the “brains” behind the whole operation) preach is both staggering in terms of quantity how damaging it is. She now preaches reincarnation, that The Brethern are pharasees and sadduces, that she will be a member of the first presidency of the Terrestrial church, she hinted that she is Jesus’ Queen in the millenium, that she “condescended” like Christ did here for her mission, that she and Eric have truth that TCOJCOLDS doesn’t have...seriously I’m just scratching the surface of the evil that is in her podcasts. In fact she pulled her original podcast #49 because it caused such a stir w her followers that they were theatening to leaver her over it’s contents. Oh how I wish that I listened to that nefore it got pulled! Did anybody hear it. Details Please!

I supose the only reason she hasn’t been X’ed is bc of her mental health issues. You cant X someone that is crazy, right? However bc she has deceived and damages so many, for their sake, it seems that she needs to be X’ed just to protect the weak that she prey upon.

Somebody above said a temple recorder recorded her visions—I can guarantee that that is not true. For starters that’s not what a temple recorder job is.

The good news is that since E Ballard roasted her in gen conf, the number of views to her podcasts have dropped significantly.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Do I believe Julie Rowe? Partially. But that wasn't an option.

I believe she is sincere, as others have said. I also believe that much of what she says is plausible, and it certainly concurs with my personal beliefs.

I know some people believe that when the great wars and destructions prophesied for the last days happen, they will be able to comfortably sit at home, go to church in safety, and somehow get to manned gas stations to refill their tanks so they can keep driving safely through all the destruction. But I have never believed that. Did Lot and his family chill out at home while Sodom was destroyed? It's not in the Bible, but I have heard from multiple sources that Christians were counseled to leave Jerusalem before the Roman siege and destruction of that city.

In the Book of Mormon we see Lehi told to take his family on the biggest camping trip that ever was, then Nephi is told to take his family and friends camping. Later, Mosiah is warned to get his buds and get out of dodge, and because of that he becomes king. Alma takes people into the wilderness, in 3 Nephi the Nephites and Lamanites gather to Bountiful and Zarahemla for safety, and in Ether we learn that Omer takes his (loyal) family on a camping trip while wicked people almost completely exterminate the Jaredite population. Even before learning of Rowe, I anticipated this future event.

Rowe describes places of gathering across the US and in other countries. This is what I anticipate. I don't believe we will see one big event that brings destruction to the entire world at once; I anticipate regional disturbances that slowly go global. And I expect us to gather regionally instead of all in one body.

I do think that Rowe has some serious problems, and after she claimed an earthquake was imminent she seemed to really lose it. But I don't doubt her sincerity and, as I already said, I believe she was sincere.

Finally, I must express gratitude for Rowe. I wanted to acquire food storage for longer than I want to contemplate, but I was continually blocked from doing so by my wife. After she read Rowe's books, she freaked out a little bit. She demanded that I acquire food storage and reprimanded me for not already doing so (even though she prevented me from doing so). When she left, she left all the food storage behind and now accuses me of trying to make her believe nonsense. So, in large part because of Rowe's books, I now have a three year food storage.

Tree
captain of 100

Post by Tree »

As George Costanza said "It's not a lie if you believe it"

[youtube]https://youtu.be/vn_PSJsl0LQ[/youtube]

https://media1.giphy.com/media/R8WkTuNc ... if#1-grid1

Tbone
captain of 100

Post by Tbone »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: January 5th, 2018, 5:29 pm Somebody above said a temple recorder recorded her visions—I can guarantee that that is not true. For starters that’s not what a temple recorder job is.
I said this and if it's not true, then the temple recorder lied to his family or they lied to me. However, his family is full of the best and most honest people you will ever meet and so is he. It's definitely true, but who knows what ever happened to that record. I tried to ask a temple worker who I'm very close to about it once without telling her the name, but she never got back to me and I felt like an idiot even bringing it up.

The money motivation just sounds silly to me. But maybe it's just me, as I wouldn't sell my soul for anything less than a million dollars... um just kidding.

As time goes on, though, I tend more to believe that she's motivated by a strange combination of good intentions, evil spirits, mental illness, and wanting to feel important. She's becoming harder and harder to listen to, and it's not because I don't have a very open mind. I just don't have a very open mind to sources I don't feel I can trust. As Michelle said, we have scriptures, Prophets, and the Holy Ghost.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

I have no issues whatsoever with her first two books or the doctrines in them, since then she has done and said some rather bazar things.

It is like do I believe in King David and do I read his writings in the old testament. He was an adulterer and murderer and scripter tells us he is cast down to hell. So what I still read and follow his council in what he wrote and consider them scripture.

In my mind she (Julie) did in deed have those experiences and wrote an accurate account, of course they are not scripture, and in her writing she states direction will be given by the prophets.
I find no evil or deception in the first two books, and I found them beneficial; don't be such harsh judges. .

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: January 5th, 2018, 5:29 pm I have a number if random thought regarding JR specifically but they pertain generally to SM,Sosa, Spencer and now there is a new guy on the scene (sorry forgetting his name right now)

One of her motivations is money and gains this through energy healimg, book sales, DVD sales, preparedness conferences, begging for donations for her “charity” and she even makes personal request for cash mostly to older men who she tells that they are to be or were in the pre existence spiritual spouses. WOW. The other motivators for her are that she craves the attention from and the power she gets over her followers. These are powerful stimulants

There is no doubt that she has mental problems. Her breakdowns on the radio, Narcissism, pathological lying are all symptoms of this. From her podcast that describes her life as a child I think she unknowingly let us know the root of her mental health issues and I feel very sorry for her if what I suspect is correct.

Because she is generally fairly coherent, there is more going on here than mental health issues I think. She claims that she has been visited by many spirits, translated and resurrected beings and satan even spoke to her. HOPEFULLY this is all severe debilitating mental issues—if not than she truly is engaged with evil spirits. My best guess is that she has open herself to evil spirts through the satanic practice of energy healing.

I’ve kept up on her podcasts and I must say that I’m really surprised that she hasn’t been excommunicated. The shear amount if false doctrine that she and Eric (who is the “brains” behind the whole operation) preach is both staggering in terms of quantity how damaging it is. She now preaches reincarnation, that The Brethern are pharasees and sadduces, that she will be a member of the first presidency of the Terrestrial church, she hinted that she is Jesus’ Queen in the millenium, that she “condescended” like Christ did here for her mission, that she and Eric have truth that TCOJCOLDS doesn’t have...seriously I’m just scratching the surface of the evil that is in her podcasts. In fact she pulled her original podcast #49 because it caused such a stir w her followers that they were theatening to leaver her over it’s contents. Oh how I wish that I listened to that nefore it got pulled! Did anybody hear it. Details Please!

I supose the only reason she hasn’t been X’ed is bc of her mental health issues. You cant X someone that is crazy, right? However bc she has deceived and damages so many, for their sake, it seems that she needs to be X’ed just to protect the weak that she prey upon.

Somebody above said a temple recorder recorded her visions—I can guarantee that that is not true. For starters that’s not what a temple recorder job is.

The good news is that since E Ballard roasted her in gen conf, the number of views to her podcasts have dropped significantly.
I've listened to many of her podcasts, though not the more recent ones. I was surprised at a lot of things she was saying, honestly it's surprising to think she's LDS sometimes, a lot of what she says is very new age and very Not LDS. She does believe in Multiple Mortal probations and has a very grand view of her own destiny and powers. Why she hasn't been reigned in, I don't know. I found out about Mike Stroud having to take down his podcasts for the things he was teaching and I've wondered why Julie Rowe has been allowed to continue hers--she says things that are more heretical (IMO) than Mike Stroud, yet, she continues. I wish I'd heard the #49, I wonder what it was that upset her believers? What's too 'out there' for them????

For those on the thread who are upset when they read suggestions that Julie has mental health issues, well, she does and she's admitted it.

Also, I agree that the claim that she shared her experience with the Kansas Temple Pres. and he had it recorded in the Temple manifesations log is false--not that tbone made it up, but that this incident did not happen as described--why would a temple pres. put her claims in a temple book? It didn't happen in the temple, it wasn't completed till 2012 and she claims to have had her experience a decade before. If there's even a shred of truth to it, it's very different from the rumors--Julie spreads these kinds of stories that make her look like her visions and teachings are accepted and even shared by church leaders--she's made these kinds of claims on her podcasts. It gives her validity and she knows it, it helps those who are wary of her message and feel it is 'off', to ignore the warnings they are feeling as they hear her claims.

Elder Ballard did call out the energy healers, in General Conference, and that doesn't stop her--frankly, I doubt it stops many of the LDS energy healers out there, because I think they don't care what Elder Ballard says; as long as the clients keep coming, they can keep practicing their craft.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

brianj wrote: January 5th, 2018, 8:26 pm Do I believe Julie Rowe? Partially. But that wasn't an option.

I believe she is sincere, as others have said. I also believe that much of what she says is plausible, and it certainly concurs with my personal beliefs.

I know some people believe that when the great wars and destructions prophesied for the last days happen, they will be able to comfortably sit at home, go to church in safety, and somehow get to manned gas stations to refill their tanks so they can keep driving safely through all the destruction. But I have never believed that. Did Lot and his family chill out at home while Sodom was destroyed? It's not in the Bible, but I have heard from multiple sources that Christians were counseled to leave Jerusalem before the Roman siege and destruction of that city.

In the Book of Mormon we see Lehi told to take his family on the biggest camping trip that ever was, then Nephi is told to take his family and friends camping. Later, Mosiah is warned to get his buds and get out of dodge, and because of that he becomes king. Alma takes people into the wilderness, in 3 Nephi the Nephites and Lamanites gather to Bountiful and Zarahemla for safety, and in Ether we learn that Omer takes his (loyal) family on a camping trip while wicked people almost completely exterminate the Jaredite population. Even before learning of Rowe, I anticipated this future event.

Rowe describes places of gathering across the US and in other countries. This is what I anticipate. I don't believe we will see one big event that brings destruction to the entire world at once; I anticipate regional disturbances that slowly go global. And I expect us to gather regionally instead of all in one body.

I do think that Rowe has some serious problems, and after she claimed an earthquake was imminent she seemed to really lose it. But I don't doubt her sincerity and, as I already said, I believe she was sincere.

Finally, I must express gratitude for Rowe. I wanted to acquire food storage for longer than I want to contemplate, but I was continually blocked from doing so by my wife. After she read Rowe's books, she freaked out a little bit. She demanded that I acquire food storage and reprimanded me for not already doing so (even though she prevented me from doing so). When she left, she left all the food storage behind and now accuses me of trying to make her believe nonsense. So, in large part because of Rowe's books, I now have a three year food storage.
It's great that you have food storage now, but this is what I find disturbing. Both you and Juliet seem to have only acted upon obtaining food storage when the message came from an 'outside source'--not from our Prophets and our church. You really ought to ask yourself 'Why is that'? Does this say something about some members of the church, that they tune out the prophets and only respond when the message is dressed up and packaged by a source such as a dreamer or visionary? Do they only respond when the message scares the he** out of them? Do they only care if they think it's some special message for only the elite few who are being warned?

I think this is an example of what may be a failing shared by a portion of the church membership and I find it concerning. If they ignore the counsel about food storage, what other counsel are they ignoring? I hope those who may find themselves guilty of this, will consider if they need to be more careful about heeding outside sources more than the ordained servants of the Lord. Just a thought.