Julie Rowe - any true believers left?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

Do you still believe Julie Rowe?

Yea
11%
Nay
18%
I never did
63%
Who is Julie Rowe?
8%

Total votes: 128
Onsdag
captain of 100

Re: Julie Rowe - any true believers left?

Post by Onsdag »

AI2.0 wrote: February 17th, 2018, 9:29 am
The Airbender wrote: February 16th, 2018, 5:38 pm
Michelle wrote: January 5th, 2018, 10:21 am Spirit told me to stay away. Same with Visions of Glory, etc.

Scriptures, Prophets, Holy Ghost. That's plenty of real revelation to ponder on.
Which spirit?
Julie Rowe listens to 'spirits', she calls them 'they' on a regular basis as she's giving her predictions of what she claims are future events or when she tells about 'memories' she claims 'they' showed her of past events. Exactly who 'they' are is debatable, but I can tell you one thing; 'they' have never been right yet. :roll:

Maybe that helps determine exactly which group of 'spirits' Julie's 'they' belong to.
It's not just 'spirits' she claims to have communion with, but angels, resurrected beings, John the Revelator (an immortal man), and even diety. Either 'they' are lying to her (and us since she claims 'they' have commissioned her to share 'their' message with us), or she is lying to us about 'them'. It really shouldn't be that hard to figure out which one it is...

ndjili
captain of 100

Post by ndjili »

So if you listen to Julie Rowe’s podcast on the Davidic servant, about halfway through she starts going into the church presidencies of each dispensation. She goes into this idea that there is a hidden fourth member of each presidency and this person is the witness. She is saying next dispensation is the sixth and will be ruled by “Christ, His brother John the Beloved, a Hopi man, and the witness, who is Elias”
Then she sYs the seventh dispensation will be ruled by Enoch, Elias also has a role and that Christ will then go become an archangel.

Then
, according to Julie, after Enoch’s reign mankind will await the return of the great Jehovah.

Well, in her podcasts Julie always calls herself a witness, but in podcast 59, she calls herself THE witness. So is Julie hinting that she is Elias?

So when her followers say that one day we’ll know who she is , is this what is being referred to?

And with statements like these, who does Julie think her Christ is?

Her spirits guides are sure spinning quite a yarn there.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

ndjili wrote: March 6th, 2018, 2:04 pm So if you listen to Julie Rowe’s podcast on the Davidic servant, about halfway through she starts going into the church presidencies of each dispensation. She goes into this idea that there is a hidden fourth member of each presidency and this person is the witness. She is saying next dispensation is the sixth and will be ruled by “Christ, His brother John the Beloved, a Hopi man, and the witness, who is Elias”
Then she sYs the seventh dispensation will be ruled by Enoch, Elias also has a role and that Christ will then go become an archangel.
Did she copy all that from Kindgdom of ZION?
Kingdom of ZION wrote: February 17th, 2016, 5:17 pm Here is a example a sacred pattern found in every dispensation of the world. There is always four beings who are sent down, servants of Adonia and who are usually listed in the historical records or the Scriptures, to head each dispensation as a Dispensation Presidency. There is a Prophet, Priest, and King and a Witness. The world knows of the three but most over look the fourth calling, as this pattern was not known to the kingdom of Judah. The Jews knew to look for the three servants that come in a Dispensation... the Prophet, Priest, and King. But the fourth, the Witness, he comes as a witness of the other three. When John the Baptist came in the meridian of time, we have a record of the Jews questioning John to see if He is one of the three they knew to look for. The record is found in the testament of John 1st chapter. As you can see there is no mention of a fourth that they were looking for:

19 And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him,
Who art thou?
20 And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ [the King].
21 And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias [the Priest]? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that
prophet [for he was a Prophet but they were asking him if he was a Dispensation Prophet]? And he
answered, No.
22 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What
sayest thou of thyself?
23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said
the prophet Esaias [I am the witness!].
24 And they which were sent were of the Pharisees.
25 And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias,
neither that prophet [by what authority do you do ordinances if you are not one of a Dispensation Presidency]
John 1:19-25 Comments added in brackets

John the Baptist was that hidden holy portion, the forth of the Dispensation Presidency. Even in the LDS Temple, they have Peter, James, and John who come down in allegory of the Prophet, Priest, and King, but there is no mention of a fourth servant.

Here are some keys whereby one might discern a Dispensation Presidency...
The King is always an Archangel.
The Priest and King are always related by blood; Father Son, Brothers or Half Brothers.
The Priest and King are always taken in the same manner, either Translated and taken up, or they are Martyred. In rare exceptions one or both receive Translated and then they are both Martyred.
The Prophet is militant, and upon him is the church established, he rarely receives revelations.
The Prophet is many times called the rock or the stone, upon which the church shall be established.
The Prophet and Witness will never rebel against the Priest and King.

There are a total of eight Dispensations... Five have pasted and Three more are yet to come.

1st Adam and Seth... They were a King and Priest
2nd Noah and Shem... They were a King and Priest. Shem was also Melchizedek who would be born again and come as Jehoshua, the Messiah. Fifth Estate Beings come down three times in one Creation, once as a Telestial Being, once as a Terrestrial Being, and once as a Celestial Being.
3rd Moses and Aaron... They were a King and Priest. Joshua and Caleb were the Prophet and Witness in Moses Dispensation.
4th Jesus and James... James was His halve Brother, he was the first Bishop of Jerusalem and he was also martyred.
5th Joseph Smith and Hyrum Smith... They were a King and Priest. Who were the Witness and Prophet of Joseph Smith, Jun. Dispensation? And how we know that the LDS Church was the true church established after the Dispensation Priest and King were taken (martyred). Who followed the sacred pattern?

There is a Dispensation about to come forth, but it has not come forth as of yet. Joseph Smith's Dispensation was the "Dispensation of the Fulness of the Times of the Gentiles" or just the "Dispensation of the Times of the Gentiles".

The next Dispensation is the "Dispensation of the gathering of the Elect (Yesrael) from the four corners of the earth and the establishment of Zion". In the Jewish calendar of the world, it is the Rosh Hashanah (Hebrew: ראש השנה‎), literally "head of the year" and is one of Jewish New Years. This is the Political New Year where the Kingdom of ZION will be established and Zion will come forth. The Davidic Servant is the Dispensation King and he will be eventually called the Davidic King. He was and also is Elijah, the forerunner of the Messiah. He comes to prepares the way for the true King, the Messiah.

The next Dispensation after that is the "Dispensation of the Fullness of Times", it is the Millennial Dispensation and Enoch or Raphael will be the King of that Dispensation.

And then after the Millennium world, when the world is Celestialized and it shall rests for another thousand years, the Great Yehovah (not the Messiah, His Grandfather) will be the King of that Dispensation, the "Dispensation of the Coming of the Great God".

ndjili
captain of 100

Post by ndjili »

Wel after reading g that I have to say, yup, that’s got to be exactly where she got it.

thisisspartaaa
captain of 100

Post by thisisspartaaa »

inho wrote: March 6th, 2018, 2:19 pm
ndjili wrote: March 6th, 2018, 2:04 pm So if you listen to Julie Rowe’s podcast on the Davidic servant, about halfway through she starts going into the church presidencies of each dispensation. She goes into this idea that there is a hidden fourth member of each presidency and this person is the witness. She is saying next dispensation is the sixth and will be ruled by “Christ, His brother John the Beloved, a Hopi man, and the witness, who is Elias”
Did she copy all that from Kindgdom of ZION?
Kingdom of ZION wrote: February 17th, 2016, 5:17 pm Here is a example a sacred pattern found in every dispensation of the world. There is always four beings who are sent down, servants of Adonia and who are usually listed in the historical records or the Scriptures, to head each dispensation as a Dispensation Presidency. There is a Prophet, Priest, and King and a Witness. The world knows of the three but most over look the fourth calling, as this pattern was not known to the kingdom of Judah. The Jews knew to look for the three servants that come in a Dispensation... the Prophet, Priest, and King. But the fourth, the Witness, he comes as a witness of the other three. When John the Baptist came in the meridian of time, we have a record of the Jews questioning John to see if He is one of the three they knew to look for. The record is found in the testament of John 1st chapter. As you can see there is no mention of a fourth that they were looking for:

19 And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him,
Who art thou?
20 And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ [the King].
21 And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias [the Priest]? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that
prophet [for he was a Prophet but they were asking him if he was a Dispensation Prophet]? And he
answered, No.
22 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What
sayest thou of thyself?
23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said
the prophet Esaias [I am the witness!].
24 And they which were sent were of the Pharisees.
25 And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias,
neither that prophet [by what authority do you do ordinances if you are not one of a Dispensation Presidency]
John 1:19-25 Comments added in brackets

John the Baptist was that hidden holy portion, the forth of the Dispensation Presidency. Even in the LDS Temple, they have Peter, James, and John who come down in allegory of the Prophet, Priest, and King, but there is no mention of a fourth servant.

Here are some keys whereby one might discern a Dispensation Presidency...
The King is always an Archangel.
The Priest and King are always related by blood; Father Son, Brothers or Half Brothers.
The Priest and King are always taken in the same manner, either Translated and taken up, or they are Martyred. In rare exceptions one or both receive Translated and then they are both Martyred.
The Prophet is militant, and upon him is the church established, he rarely receives revelations.
The Prophet is many times called the rock or the stone, upon which the church shall be established.
The Prophet and Witness will never rebel against the Priest and King.

There are a total of eight Dispensations... Five have pasted and Three more are yet to come.

1st Adam and Seth... They were a King and Priest
2nd Noah and Shem... They were a King and Priest. Shem was also Melchizedek who would be born again and come as Jehoshua, the Messiah. Fifth Estate Beings come down three times in one Creation, once as a Telestial Being, once as a Terrestrial Being, and once as a Celestial Being.
3rd Moses and Aaron... They were a King and Priest. Joshua and Caleb were the Prophet and Witness in Moses Dispensation.
4th Jesus and James... James was His halve Brother, he was the first Bishop of Jerusalem and he was also martyred.
5th Joseph Smith and Hyrum Smith... They were a King and Priest. Who were the Witness and Prophet of Joseph Smith, Jun. Dispensation? And how we know that the LDS Church was the true church established after the Dispensation Priest and King were taken (martyred). Who followed the sacred pattern?

There is a Dispensation about to come forth, but it has not come forth as of yet. Joseph Smith's Dispensation was the "Dispensation of the Fulness of the Times of the Gentiles" or just the "Dispensation of the Times of the Gentiles".

The next Dispensation is the "Dispensation of the gathering of the Elect (Yesrael) from the four corners of the earth and the establishment of Zion". In the Jewish calendar of the world, it is the Rosh Hashanah (Hebrew: ראש השנה‎), literally "head of the year" and is one of Jewish New Years. This is the Political New Year where the Kingdom of ZION will be established and Zion will come forth. The Davidic Servant is the Dispensation King and he will be eventually called the Davidic King. He was and also is Elijah, the forerunner of the Messiah. He comes to prepares the way for the true King, the Messiah.

The next Dispensation after that is the "Dispensation of the Fullness of Times", it is the Millennial Dispensation and Enoch or Raphael will be the King of that Dispensation.

And then after the Millennium world, when the world is Celestialized and it shall rests for another thousand years, the Great Yehovah (not the Messiah, His Grandfather) will be the King of that Dispensation, the "Dispensation of the Coming of the Great God".
Good grief, that is a bunch of nonsense.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

The Airbender wrote: February 16th, 2018, 1:44 pm I believe :)
I find your answer to be very interesting. In all sincerity, why do you believe her?

evejaa
captain of 50

Post by evejaa »

Oh my gosh it sounds like this is gona happen soon! What if the Lord does give her revelation before it happens? if she is not doing podcasts will she post his council to her on her website? How will we receive the revelations?
Gage, are you SERIOUS....that is why we have a Prophet! His name,is Russell M. Nelson! He and the Lord, you know Jesus Christ, who is the head of our church,The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints, knows what events are to come. If God speaks of future events, it WILL BE through our prophet.

The Airbender
captain of 1,000

Post by The Airbender »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: March 7th, 2018, 3:03 pm
I find your answer to be very interesting. In all sincerity, why do you believe her?
The same reason I believe the church is true, I guess.

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/ ... s?lang=eng

Read and heed and don't be deceived.

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

evejaa wrote: March 7th, 2018, 11:26 pm
Oh my gosh it sounds like this is gona happen soon! What if the Lord does give her revelation before it happens? if she is not doing podcasts will she post his council to her on her website? How will we receive the revelations?
Gage, are you SERIOUS....that is why we have a Prophet! His name,is Russell M. Nelson! He and the Lord, you know Jesus Christ, who is the head of our church,The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints, knows what events are to come. If God speaks of future events, it WILL BE through our prophet.

I was being sarcastic, my 4 year old knows Julie is a whacked out opportunist. Anyone with an incy bit of common sense and a little knowledge of Julie and the circumstances of how she came on the scene would know she is copying others and making up the rest as she goes. Sadly their are not many that have common sense today.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

The Airbender wrote: March 8th, 2018, 7:47 am
Thanks for responding but that was not much of an answer. I am left to guess as to why still.

Anyway here’s the thing. JR and the church cannot both be true as you suggest. Here is why: the church has spoken out quite strongly against her and others who promote the same ideas she has.

For example:

-The church has come out against energy healing 2 times publicly. That is an integral part of her message.

-The church has labeled her book “spurious” (that is another word for false) and said it doesn’t reflect church doctrine.

-Elder Ballard in Oct conference said the following: “
“And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man [and I add woman] deceive you.”9

Today I repeat earlier counsel from Church leaders.

Brothers and sisters, keep the doctrine of Christ pure and never be deceived by those who tamper with the doctrine. The gospel of the Father and the Son was restored through Joseph Smith, the prophet for this last dispensation.

Do not listen to those who have not been ordained and/or set apart to their Church calling and are not acknowledged by common consent of the members of the Church.10

Be aware of organizations, groups, or individuals claiming secret answers to doctrinal questions that they say today’s apostles and prophets do not have or understan

Do not listen to those who entice you with get-rich schemes. Our members have lost far too much money, so be careful.

In some places, too many of our peoplex are looking beyond the mark and seeking secret knowledge in expensive and questionable practices to provide healing and support.

An official Church statement, issued one year ago, states: “We urge Church members to be cautious about participating in any group that promises—in exchange for money—miraculous healings or that claims to have special methods for accessing healing power outside of properly ordained priesthood holders.”11

The Church Handbook counsels: “Members should not use medical or health practices that are ethically or legally questionable. Local leaders should advise members who have health problems to consult with competent professional practitioners who are licensed in the countries where they practice.”12

JR was to whom he was referring when he said “and I add woman”. She has done all of the things above that he warned us against. She has not been ordained for any calling. She has preached doctrine that is completely at odds w the restored gospel—reincarnation as one example. She claims secret knowledge that the church doesnt have.

-Not one of her predictions that she has made has come true when she said it would.

Do you really trust JR over Eldar Ballard?

I beg you to come back to the mainstream of the church.

The Airbender
captain of 1,000

Post by The Airbender »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: March 9th, 2018, 1:07 pm
The Airbender wrote: March 8th, 2018, 7:47 am
Thanks for responding but that was not much of an answer. I am left to guess as to why still.

Anyway here’s the thing. JR and the church cannot both be true as you suggest. Here is why: the church has spoken out quite strongly against her and others who promote the same ideas she has.

For example:

-The church has come out against energy healing 2 times publicly. That is an integral part of her message.

-The church has labeled her book “spurious” (that is another word for false) and said it doesn’t reflect church doctrine.

-Elder Ballard in Oct conference said the following: “
“And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man [and I add woman] deceive you.”9

Today I repeat earlier counsel from Church leaders.

Brothers and sisters, keep the doctrine of Christ pure and never be deceived by those who tamper with the doctrine. The gospel of the Father and the Son was restored through Joseph Smith, the prophet for this last dispensation.

Do not listen to those who have not been ordained and/or set apart to their Church calling and are not acknowledged by common consent of the members of the Church.10

Be aware of organizations, groups, or individuals claiming secret answers to doctrinal questions that they say today’s apostles and prophets do not have or understan

Do not listen to those who entice you with get-rich schemes. Our members have lost far too much money, so be careful.

In some places, too many of our peoplex are looking beyond the mark and seeking secret knowledge in expensive and questionable practices to provide healing and support.

An official Church statement, issued one year ago, states: “We urge Church members to be cautious about participating in any group that promises—in exchange for money—miraculous healings or that claims to have special methods for accessing healing power outside of properly ordained priesthood holders.”11

The Church Handbook counsels: “Members should not use medical or health practices that are ethically or legally questionable. Local leaders should advise members who have health problems to consult with competent professional practitioners who are licensed in the countries where they practice.”12

JR was to whom he was referring when he said “and I add woman”. She has done all of the things above that he warned us against. She has not been ordained for any calling. She has preached doctrine that is completely at odds w the restored gospel—reincarnation as one example. She claims secret knowledge that the church doesnt have.

-Not one of her predictions that she has made has come true when she said it would.

Do you really trust JR over Eldar Ballard?

I beg you to come back to the mainstream of the church.
Well, may I ask why you believe the church is true?

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

The Airbender wrote: March 9th, 2018, 8:00 pm
Why yes of course. Great question. I know it to be true from a life time of trying and testing the teachings of said organization. As Alma explains in cpt 32, through faith the truthfullness has grown w/in me until it has become a sure knowledge.

Now a person comes along and preaches doctrine that is contrary to the church’s established doctrines, and whose teachings the church has said are erroneous.

It is sad but JR is a false prophetess and many are deceived by her. I can understand it a little I guess. Like Spencer, Denver et al, their corrupted message is emotionally appealing. Satan uses emotions to lead people astray. Just as Elder Ballard says: emotionally appealing but spiritually destructive.
Last edited by DesertWonderer2 on March 10th, 2018, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: March 9th, 2018, 10:15 pm
Why yes of course. Great question. I know it to be true from a life time of trying and testing the teachings of said organization. As Alma explains in cpt 32, through faith the truthfullness has grown w/in me until it has become a sure knowledge.

Now a person comes along and preaches doctrine that is contrary to the church’s established doctrines, and whose teachings the church has said are erroneous.

It is sad but JR is a false prophetess and many are deceived by her. I can understand it a little I guess. Like Spencer, Denver et al, their corrupted message is emotionally appealing. Satan uses emotions to lead people astray. Just as Elder Ballard says: emotionally appeling but spiritually destructive.
I know the Church is true because after a very fallible priesthood holder laid his hands on my head and told me to receive the Holy Ghost I had the most profound spiritual experience of my life up to that point.

The Airbender
captain of 1,000

Post by The Airbender »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: March 9th, 2018, 10:15 pm

It is sad but JR is a false prophetess and many are deceived by her. I can understand it a little I guess. Like Spencer, Denver et al, their corrupted message is emotionally appealing. Satan uses emotions to lead people astray. Just as Elder Ballard says: emotionally appealing but spiritually destructive.
Thank you for sharing. I'm very glad you will stay in the boat :)

sarasmile
captain of 10

Post by sarasmile »

I believe Julie Rowe had an NDE. I also believe that she was shown many things into the future.

I believe that her first two books were interesting accounts of her NDE.

I believe because she had such a powerful NDE the adversary has worked forcefully on her to confuse her since. The adversary doesn't want anyone knowing how to prepare for what is coming. The adversary is cunning and seeks to destroy God's children.

I believe that what once was a true and good intentioned message, has now become something it wasn't intended for. How that happened I believe is because ego may have gotten in the way, along with literal demonic possession.

I believe that when Julie's message has sewn seeds of discord among family members such as wives, husbands, children, and friends it needs to be turned away from.

I believe that when Julie Rowe hints at any apostasy from the brethren in the future she has put herself on a slippery slope to her own apostasy.

I believe that if any of you are still following her you must be very careful and develop your relationship with God even further so that you will never be deceived.

I believe that Julie Rowe is a loved daughter of God.

I believe that as her spirit brothers and sisters we should sincerely and genuinely pray for her happiness and welfare, and that she can move past this difficult time she is going through in her life.

Lastly, I BELIEVE that we have a Prophet, President Nelson, who speaks for God in this modern day. I will follow the Saviors instructions through His prophet on this earth. I will follow the Saviors instructions for me through prayer.

thisisspartaaa
captain of 100

Post by thisisspartaaa »

sarasmile wrote: March 11th, 2018, 6:02 pm I believe Julie Rowe had an NDE. I also believe that she was shown many things into the future.

I believe because she had such a powerful NDE the adversary has worked forcefully on her to confuse her since. The adversary doesn't want anyone knowing how to prepare for what is coming. The adversary is cunning and seeks to destroy God's children.

I believe that what once was a true and good intentioned message, has now become something it wasn't intended for. How that happened I believe is because ego may have gotten in the way, along with literal demonic possession.

I believe that when Julie's message has sewn seeds of discord among family members such as wives, husbands, children, and friends it needs to be turned away from.

I believe that when Julie Rowe hints at any apostasy from the brethren in the future she has put herself on a slippery slope to her own apostasy.

I believe that if any of you are still following her you must be very careful and develop your relationship with God even further so that you will never be deceived.

I believe that as her spirit brothers and sisters we should sincerely and genuinely pray for her happiness and welfare, and that she can move past this difficult time she is going through in her life.

Lastly, I BELIEVE that we have a Prophet, President Nelson, who speaks for God in this modern day. I will follow the Saviors instructions through His prophet on this earth. I will follow the Saviors instructions for me through prayer.
I don’t believe her NDE came with instructions to share to the world. We are counseled to keep sacred things to ourselves and only communicate within our area of stewardship.

Her revelations did not come through the proper channels and any member aware of Gods process in this should immediately see it as counterfeit.

sarasmile
captain of 10

Post by sarasmile »

thisisspartaaa wrote: March 12th, 2018, 11:09 am
sarasmile wrote: March 11th, 2018, 6:02 pm I believe Julie Rowe had an NDE. I also believe that she was shown many things into the future.

I don’t believe her NDE came with instructions to share to the world. We are counseled to keep sacred things to ourselves and only communicate within our area of stewardship.

Her revelations did not come through the proper channels and any member aware of Gods process in this should immediately see it as counterfeit.
I wholeheartedly disagree with you. I really couldn't disagree anymore with what you just said. Way too many examples in the scriptures and with every day human beings regardless of their position in the church. C'mon you really cannot truthfully believe that statement.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

sarasmile wrote: March 12th, 2018, 11:58 am

I wholeheartedly disagree with you. I really couldn't disagree anymore with what you just said. Way too many examples in the scriptures and with every day human beings regardless of their position in the church. C'mon you really cannot truthfully believe that statement.
While I agree with you about how we should treat Julie Rowe with love and compassion, I must side with thisisspartaaa here. Julie Rowe has clearly overstepped her bounds in this whole affair. Joseph Smith once taught/corrected someone who would share their vision/revelation inappropriately with the Church thusly:

"Respecting the vision you speak of we do not consider ourselves bound to receive any revelation from any one man or woman without his being legally constituted and ordained to that authority, and giving sufficient proof of it.

I will inform you that it is contrary to the economy of God for any member of the Church, or any one, to receive instructions for those in authority, higher than themselves; therefore you will see the impropriety of giving heed to them; but if any person have a vision or a visitation from a heavenly messenger, it must be for his own benefit and instruction; for the fundamental principles, government, and doctrine of the Church are vested in the keys of the kingdom." (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pp. 21-22ish (I don't have the exact reference immediately available))

Julie Rowe has not been "legally constituted and ordained to" any authority (though she would have us believe she gets it directly from those on the other side of the veil). As such nor can she give "sufficient proof of it" to anyone. She claims her NDE and the messages she is to share is for anyone and everyone, but the problem is that this is "contrary to the economy of God" for her to do so, because as the Prophet Joseph Smith taught - if she truly did have a NDE - then "it must be for [her] own benefit and instruction; for the fundamental principles, government, and doctrine of the Church are vested in the keys of the kingdom," and not in Julie Rowe or any other individual. As the Church has already said of Julie Rowe specifically: "The experiences she shares are her own personal experiences and do not necessarily reflect Church doctrine or they may distort Church doctrine."
Last edited by Onsdag on March 12th, 2018, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mcox
captain of 100

Post by Mcox »

Sara,
Gods power on earth is the Priesthood. Everything He does is through Priesthood keys and authority. Why would He use anything different? If the prophets aren’t saying, or teaching it, don’t believe it for a minute. Dreams and visions can come from evil sources. That is why we keep them to ourselves. And we keep our eyes riveted on the prophet. Guaranteed you won’t be led astray.

thisisspartaaa
captain of 100

Post by thisisspartaaa »

Onsdag wrote: March 12th, 2018, 12:30 pm
sarasmile wrote: March 12th, 2018, 11:58 am

While I agree with you about how we should treat Julie Rowe with love and compassion, I must side with thisisspartaaa here. Julie Rowe has clearly overstepped her bounds in this whole affair. Joseph Smith once taught/corrected someone who would share their vision/revelation inappropriately with the Church thusly:

"Respecting the vision you speak of we do not consider ourselves bound to receive any revelation from any one man or woman without his being legally constituted and ordained to that authority, and giving sufficient proof of it.

I will inform you that it is contrary to the economy of God for any member of the Church, or any one, to receive instructions for those in authority, higher than themselves; therefore you will see the impropriety of giving heed to them; but if any person have a vision or a visitation from a heavenly messenger, it must be for his own benefit and instruction; for the fundamental principles, government, and doctrine of the Church are vested in the keys of the kingdom." (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pp. 21-22ish (I don't have the exact reference immediately available))

Julie Rowe has not been "legally constituted and ordained to" any authority (though she would have us believe she gets it directly from those on the other side of the veil). As such nor can she give "sufficient proof of it" to anyone. She claims her NDE and the messages she is to share is for anyone and everyone, but the problem is that this is "contrary to the economy of God" for her to do so, because as the Prophet Joseph Smith taught - if she truly did have a NDE - then "it must be for [her] own benefit and instruction; for the fundamental principles, government, and doctrine of the Church are vested in the keys of the kingdom," and not in Julie Rowe or any other individual. As the Church has already said of Julie Rowe specifically: "The experiences she shares are her own personal experiences and do not necessarily reflect Church doctrine or they may distort Church doctrine."
I would also add that there seems to be a disconnect regarding how the Church moves forward.

I’m very tired of hearing the Samuel the Laminite argument or <insert some story from the scriptures> as justification that said story gives someone the right to go outside the boundaries the Lord currently has revealed.

I mean the scripture is right here:

“It shall not be given to any one to go forth to preach my gospel, or to build up my church, except he be ordained by someone who has authority, and it is known to the church that he has authority and has been regularly ordained by the heads of the church.” (D&C 42:11)

JR is not ordained. JR has not been presented before the Church.

For crying out loud, what do people think goes on during General Conference in the Saturday afternoon session?? There’s a reason why General Authority names are presented to the Church.

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

Those who have a weak testimony that they never bothered to build are being fooled by those who prop themselves up as some kind of false prophet. God warns people and if they don't listen and follow His regularly established authorities He allows it in order to be just. It breaks our hearts and we tell people the truth, but they are doing what they want to do and making their own way into their own judgment.

sarasmile
captain of 10

Post by sarasmile »

Quoted by thisispartaa: “It shall not be given to any one to go forth to preach my gospel, or to build up my church, except he be ordained by someone who has authority, and it is known to the church that he has authority and has been regularly ordained by the heads of the church.” (D&C 42:11)

Then by all means do not be a member missionary. Do not utter one word of the truth of the Gospel to anyone unless you have been ordained by the heads of the church. You my friend, have taken that scripture out of context. Not relevant.

thisisspartaaa
captain of 100

Post by thisisspartaaa »

sarasmile wrote: March 12th, 2018, 9:27 pm Quoted by thisispartaa: “It shall not be given to any one to go forth to preach my gospel, or to build up my church, except he be ordained by someone who has authority, and it is known to the church that he has authority and has been regularly ordained by the heads of the church.” (D&C 42:11)

Then by all means do not be a member missionary. Do not utter one word of the truth of the Gospel to anyone unless you have been ordained by the heads of the church. You my friend, have taken that scripture out of context. Not relevant.
Please read the whole revelation. Missionary efforts are coordinated through the priesthood by those with the appropriate keys. Member missionary work is coordinated as such and members are accountable to local leadership who hold the stewardship and keys. Full time missionaries are accountable to mission presidents, who hold stewardship and keys as well.

JR claims special revelation that is outside this stewardship. One can know this is false because it is not disseminated through the proper channels to the body of the church. If what she says is true, it would be acted upon by those with the keys.

She also claims power outside of priesthood (i.e. healings via energy healing), which she has claimed would be in tent cities. This should be a HUGE red flag to anyone listening to her.

Her teachings are a counterfeit and lead people to look toward her as the one with the answer. The very nature of her supposed revelations by definition necessitates one to depend on her for what is next. She sensationalizes accounts, purportedly giving more revelation than what we read and hear from the Prophets.

But above it all, she says things will happen and they don’t. There’s plenty of discussion on the board about her failed prophecies.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

I found a copy of The Time Is Now at the DI. One guess as to where I moved it.