Recreational use of...

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
harakim
captain of 1,000

Re: Recreational use of...

Post by harakim »

Spaced_Out wrote: January 6th, 2018, 7:06 pm
PressingForward wrote: January 6th, 2018, 6:22 pm So you simply could not back up your claim that “cities” that legalized marijuana(it’s actually states) are completely falling apart. You deflect to prescription drug pain killer use, and also tell me I’m living in denial. Actually Spaced, it is you who simply can not accept facts and see reality.
Who said anything about marijuana use in the millennium? Are you for banning all bad things that are against the Gospel?
I think we had another brother with the same idea and plan, it didn’t work out for him at all, another fact.
Evil is evil and you support evil you run into problems, cannabis usage will go up, drug dependency will go up, crime and usage of harder drugs will go up. Cannabis will be more affordable and available, the same happening with pain killers, same monkey just different name.

These things are already happening. I never listed any references as it is blatantly obvious, hear is a few for you to smoke.
THE UNEXPECTED SIDE EFFECTS OF LEGALIZING WEED
http://www.newsweek.com/unexpected-side ... eed-339931
Other symptoms of Colorado’s pot culture include increased use among teens, resulting in educational problems in middle schools and high schools, a spike in “edibles”-related emergency room visits, consumption by children and pets resulting in illness and death and regulatory confusion surrounding public consumption and enforcement.

Colorado’s addiction to cannabis revenue may prove to be the most harmful implication of all. Towns such as De Beque, where cannabis is replacing coal and cattle as a means of income, imperil themselves by staking the future on a substance that is still illegal in most states and that half of Americans still regard as a social evil.
HomeUS News
Marijuana-related deaths, suspensions & problems spike in Colorado – report
https://www.rt.com/usa/316148-marijuana ... ies-study/

A new study of marijuana drug use in Colorado found increases in marijuana-related traffic deaths, hospital visits, school suspensions, lab explosions, and pet poisonings. The study was conducted by a federal government program.
The 166-page report released this month analyzed the effects of legalizing marijuana for medical and recreational use in Colorado spanning the time period from 2006 to the present. Along with the state of Washington, Colorado is considered as something of laboratory in which the effects of legalizing marijuana use can be studied.

The study showed that the number of drivers testing positive for marijuana increased 100 percent from 2007 to 2012, with marijuana-related fatalities doubling from 37 to 78. Traffic fatalities total around 500 a year in the state.
So this statistics actually support the points of view of most everyone else. If marijuana had nothing at all to do with traffic fatalities, you would expect the rate of traffic fatalities to go up proportional to the number of people using marijuana. So there are three possibilities. Marijuana use has less than doubled, marijuana use has doubled, marijuana use has more than doubled.

If marijuana use has less than doubled, then it means legalizing it hasn't increased popularity very much.
If marijuana use has doubled, it means that there is absolutely no correlation between marijuana use and traffic accidents.
If marijuana use has more than doubled, then it means there is either a negative correlation for marijuana use and traffic accidents OR the people who only started using it when it was legalized are more responsible with it, meaning they are probably not now living in the gutter.

And tent cities have been a thing since 2008, so that has nothing to do with the legalization of Marijuana.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

harakim wrote: January 9th, 2018, 9:32 pm
PressingForward wrote: January 6th, 2018, 6:22 pm So you simply could not back up your claim that “cities” that legalized marijuana(it’s actually states) are completely falling apart. You deflect to prescription drug pain killer use, and also tell me I’m living in denial. Actually Spaced, it is you who simply can not accept facts and see reality.
Who said anything about marijuana use in the millennium? Are you for banning all bad things that are against the Gospel?
I think we had another brother with the same idea and plan, it didn’t work out for him at all, another fact.
Evil is evil and you support evil you run into problems, cannabis usage will go up, drug dependency will go up, crime and usage of harder drugs will go up. Cannabis will be more affordable and available, the same happening with pain killers, same monkey just different name.

These things are already happening. I never listed any references as it is blatantly obvious, hear is a few for you to smoke.
Other symptoms of Colorado’s pot culture include increased use among teens, resulting in educational problems in middle schools and high schools, a spike in “edibles”-related emergency room visits, consumption by children and pets resulting in illness and death and regulatory confusion surrounding public consumption and enforcement.

Colorado’s addiction to cannabis revenue may prove to be the most harmful implication of all. Towns such as De Beque, where cannabis is replacing coal and cattle as a means of income, imperil themselves by staking the future on a substance that is still illegal in most states and that half of Americans still regard as a social evil.
HomeUS News

A new study of marijuana drug use in Colorado found increases in marijuana-related traffic deaths, hospital visits, school suspensions, lab explosions, and pet poisonings. The study was conducted by a federal government program.
The 166-page report released this month analyzed the effects of legalizing marijuana for medical and recreational use in Colorado spanning the time period from 2006 to the present. Along with the state of Washington, Colorado is considered as something of laboratory in which the effects of legalizing marijuana use can be studied.

The study showed that the number of drivers testing positive for marijuana increased 100 percent from 2007 to 2012, with marijuana-related fatalities doubling from 37 to 78. Traffic fatalities total around 500 a year in the state.
So this statistics actually support the points of view of most everyone else. If marijuana had nothing at all to do with traffic fatalities, you would expect the rate of traffic fatalities to go up proportional to the number of people using marijuana. So there are three possibilities. Marijuana use has less than doubled, marijuana use has doubled, marijuana use has more than doubled.

If marijuana use has less than doubled, then it means legalizing it hasn't increased popularity very much.
If marijuana use has doubled, it means that there is absolutely no correlation between marijuana use and traffic accidents.
If marijuana use has more than doubled, then it means there is either a negative correlation for marijuana use and traffic accidents OR the people who only started using it when it was legalized are more responsible with it, meaning they are probably not now living in the gutter.

And tent cities have been a thing since 2008, so that has nothing to do with the legalization of Marijuana.
The data is only till 2012 but showed a doubling of accidents positively caused by cannabis. Not every user has a drivers licence and there are prob lots of incidents prior to a fatality that are not shown.

In Australia the number of drug related traffic incidents is sky high that every cop car now has ability to test for drugs and have authority to do random checks.

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Spaced_Out wrote: January 10th, 2018, 3:15 am
harakim wrote: January 9th, 2018, 9:32 pm

HomeUS News

The data is only till 2012 but showed a doubling of accidents positively caused by cannabis. Not every user has a drivers licence and there are prob lots of incidents prior to a fatality that are not shown.

In Australia the number of drug related traffic incidents is sky high that every cop car now has ability to test for drugs and have authority to do random checks.

You keep grouping opioids and marijuana together.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Can just one of you guys who are so opposed to marijuana please tell me a sensible plan which will prevent people from obtaining it. Your plan has to be successful. If by chance you want to use more government/police enforcement, I'm afraid we'll have to kick you off the island. We don't need to hear more lies about how the brutal so-called War on Drugs will really, really, truly, truly be successful if the government just spends an additional $100 million more in taxes on the fight.

For those who are just tuning in... I am not now, nor have I ever used illicit drugs or smoked a joint or other such recreational/addiction-related nonsense. I am generally opposed to people smoking dope. However, I am even more opposed to the laws and enforcement which (A) do no good, and, (B) focus on the wrong people.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Silver wrote: January 10th, 2018, 9:01 pm Can just one of you guys who are so opposed to marijuana please tell me a sensible plan which will prevent people from obtaining it. Your plan has to be successful. If by chance you want to use more government/police enforcement, I'm afraid we'll have to kick you off the island. We don't need to hear more lies about how the brutal so-called War on Drugs will really, really, truly, truly be successful if the government just spends an additional $100 million more in taxes on the fight.

For those who are just tuning in... I am not now, nor have I ever used illicit drugs or smoked a joint or other such recreational/addiction-related nonsense. I am generally opposed to people smoking dope. However, I am even more opposed to the laws and enforcement which (A) do no good, and, (B) focus on the wrong people.
In Australia there is a big call for drug testing of people who get welfare - so if you fail your monthly drug test 60% less gov support. Since 45% of all US households get some form of Gov food stamps/welfare - think of all the money gov will save without having to do any policing, just a cheap monthly drug test.
Also In Australia lots of workplaces do drug testing and immediate dismissal if any drug found in your system.

There you go easy solution to drug use.... that will save gov many billions of dollars.... All people that die from drug overdose I will confiscate their organs and sell them on open markets to cover cost of dealing with drug overdose patients in the emergency wards.

There is always a solution - as always I have all the answers just ask and you shall receive...... :twisted: Ok apologies I will save my sarcasm for the MMP thread.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Spaced_Out wrote: January 11th, 2018, 4:14 am
Silver wrote: January 10th, 2018, 9:01 pm Can just one of you guys who are so opposed to marijuana please tell me a sensible plan which will prevent people from obtaining it. Your plan has to be successful. If by chance you want to use more government/police enforcement, I'm afraid we'll have to kick you off the island. We don't need to hear more lies about how the brutal so-called War on Drugs will really, really, truly, truly be successful if the government just spends an additional $100 million more in taxes on the fight.

In Australia there is a big call for drug testing of people who get welfare - so if you fail your monthly drug test 60% less gov support. Since 45% of all US households get some form of Gov food stamps/welfare - think of all the money gov will save without having to do any policing, just a cheap monthly drug test.
Also In Australia lots of workplaces do drug testing and immediate dismissal if any drug found in your system.

There you go easy solution to drug use.... that will save gov many billions of dollars.... All people that die from drug overdose I will confiscate their organs and sell them on open markets to cover cost of dealing with drug overdose patients in the emergency wards.

There is always a solution - as always I have all the answers just ask and you shall receive...... :twisted: Ok apologies I will save my sarcasm for the MMP thread.
Not a bad first attempt, but still too much government involvement for my 100% approval. Sarcasm appreciated and accepted. I just came here from the Mad Man Preaching (Nonsense) thread so I second your emotion.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Silver wrote: January 11th, 2018, 5:40 am Not a bad first attempt, but still too much government involvement for my 100% approval. Sarcasm appreciated and accepted. I just came here from the Mad Man Preaching (Nonsense) thread so I second your emotion.
Mr Silver that is the best I can do, the BoM teaches that people need just laws, the D&C there is no space without law..
Unfortunately people have degenerated too far to be able to govern themselves, and when a persons actions impact on anther then a law has to be enforced and just punishment given..
The BoM teaches the people got to a point where they could not be governed by a just law save it was to there entire destruction. Punishing offenders that commit crimes while intoxicated is a necessity - but prevention is much better than cure. So it is back to punishment by financial pain....!!! That is all I can give..

I am about to go full feral on the Mad Man Preaching (Nonsense) thread - will see if he responds to my latest round of pure doctrine, alas it is prob in vain as it is on par with flat earther's that live in a different reality, a twilight zone of their own making...

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Spaced_Out wrote: January 11th, 2018, 5:54 am
Silver wrote: January 11th, 2018, 5:40 am Not a bad first attempt, but still too much government involvement for my 100% approval. Sarcasm appreciated and accepted. I just came here from the Mad Man Preaching (Nonsense) thread so I second your emotion.
Mr Silver that is the best I can do, the BoM teaches that people need just laws, the D&C there is no space without law..
Unfortunately people have degenerated too far to be able to govern themselves, and when a persons actions impact on anther then a law has to be enforced and just punishment given..
The BoM teaches the people got to a point where they could not be governed by a just law save it was to there entire destruction. Punishing offenders that commit crimes while intoxicated is a necessity - but prevention is much better than cure. So it is back to punishment by financial pain....!!! That is all I can give..

I am about to go full feral on the Mad Man Preaching (Nonsense) thread - will see if he responds to my latest round of pure doctrine, alas it is prob in vain as it is on par with flat earther's that live in a different reality, a twilight zone of their own making...
I never said there couldn't be laws. But I prefer the "teach men correct principles and let them govern themselves" approach. Not only that, in the US anyway, the War on Drugs has been a disaster.

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

Along with the legalization of marijuana it would be nice to legalize the production of hemp. Hemp has so many beneficial uses it is simply wrong that American farmers can't grow hemp.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Vision wrote: January 11th, 2018, 8:34 am Along with the legalization of marijuana it would be nice to legalize the production of hemp. Hemp has so many beneficial uses it is simply wrong that American farmers can't grow hemp.
Thanks for mentioning that. That subject came up time and again when I was studying the issue a few years back. It does seem illogical to outlaw hemp. Laws, laws, laws.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

Anyone who spends time fighting against Marijuana, they are on the wrong side of the argument. And those who do are simply doing congress, the alcohol and Big Pharma bidding for them. But from this thread, seems like most folks buy into the BS propaganda. Big Pharma is selling wolf tickets and everybody just eats the shiZt up.

“My homie was takin' subs and he ain't wake up, the whole while these billionaires stay caked up paying out congress so we take their drugs. Murderers who will never face the judge. . . Had the plug from Big Pharma, Pharma, my drug dealer was a doctor, he said that he would heal me, but he only gave me problems … I think he trying to kill me. Tried to kill me for a dollar.”

Just like war, all the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives. My heart goes out to all who are suffering from addiction. To hell with the beast. Big Pharma = "hearts of conspiring men in the last days". Considering big pharma has almost been the bane of my family's existence (thank-you BYU for this), I will never stop fighting this beast. Too many people buy into the propaganda, like Drug Free America (you see all the anti marijuana commercial where pets have dumbed down conversation with their high owner) happens to be funded by Big Pharma and the alcohol industries, go figure.

Food for thought by Dr. Mercola. . .

Read first post in this thread by Dr. Jones. . .
http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopi ... 35&t=21317

Marijuana Research Supports Its Safety and Benefits
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... efits.aspx
The US is far behind many other countries in harnessing the healing power of marijuana. Israel is the marijuana research capital of the world, thanks to Dr. Raphael Mechoulam, who was the first to investigate the medicinal properties of marijuana way back in the 1960s and the first to isolate THC and CBD.

Israel is now using marijuana to treat cancer, epilepsy, Parkinson's disease, Tourette's syndrome, and many other conditions. As shown in the film, even residents of Israeli nursing homes are being treated with marijuana.
Medical Cannabis — A Vastly Underutilized Therapeutic Option?
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... ption.aspx

Top US Doctor Says Medical Marijuana May Help Some Conditions
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... juana.aspx

Cannabis May Help Rejuvenate the Aging Brain and Ward Off Dementia
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... entia.aspx

America’s Burgeoning Cannabis Industry and the Road to Public Acceptance
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... ustry.aspx

Can Medical Marijuana Fight the Opioid Epidemic?
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... elief.aspx

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Silver wrote: January 11th, 2018, 6:40 am
Spaced_Out wrote: January 11th, 2018, 5:54 am

I never said there couldn't be laws. But I prefer the "teach men correct principles and let them govern themselves" approach. Not only that, in the US anyway, the War on Drugs has been a disaster.
Don't take the war to the streets, take it to the welfare office, there need be no more laws, you can do what you like but if you give up your freedoms and become a welfare recipient relying on gov then you must pay the price of the loss of that freedom. If the drugs you take make you unable to earn a living then you have already given up your freedoms.
So everyone can be totally free and self reliant.
If you use drugs and end up in an emergency ward - you have to pay or get thrown out into the street to die - not gov responsibility.

You want great freedom then you have to take great responsibility - that is the crux of the matter everyone cries day and night for freedom but no one wants to take responsibility. The more freedom the more responsibility.
So make the people take responsibility and withhold all support from drug users - the dole is anyway evil - so get rid of both....

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

PressingForward wrote: January 9th, 2018, 11:48 am
Silver wrote: January 8th, 2018, 7:54 pm
gardener4life wrote: January 8th, 2018, 7:41 pm You guys are free to use your agency and freedom to choose to go destroy yourselves and go into captivity. Piece piece you will whittle away your freedom until you lose your agency.

Have you guys looked at what's going on Mexico?

That's the future of open drugs and no regulation of drugs. The only jobs are working in cocaine and marijauna fields. Milk in places costs more than it does here. People can't support themselves. Their infrastructure and government are run by cartels. Corruption everywhere, you pay bribes to get jobs. Nobody chooses what's right, but what's right for the dollar/peso.

If you keep choosing for open 'herb use' that's where this country will end up. Talk to Latin people who came from there. They'll tell you how it is and how it got so bad that even if you wanted to go out and change your life you couldn't because the infrastructure was all messed up. Imagine it taking days or weeks of pay to just buy milk or a chicken that lays eggs.

If you let marijuana be openly used recreationally it won't stop there. Next it will be pushed for cocaine, heroine, and meth. Are you naively going to think they wouldn't go right to the next thing? Look how fast recreational use was passed after the door was opened by medical use. That's how it will be for the other drugs too.
I've made dozens, if not hundreds of trips to Mexico for my work. Interior and border towns. You don't know what you're talking about.
Mexico is actually safer today than 30 years ago as a whole. However border towns had a bump in violence a few years ago, but I’ll go anytime! Chicago is a different story.......
Mexican Interior Minister Resigns Amid Soaring Murders; US Warns "Do Not Travel" To Mexico
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-01- ... not-travel

Less than two weeks after Mexico recorded its deadliest year on record, the Interior Minister of Mexico has decided to call it quits amid the out of control violence and soaring homicides.
As Mexico’s political elite play musical chairs in the collapsing house of burritos, the United States has just urged its citizens not to visit five violence-plagued Mexican states, placing them on the same list as war-torn countries like Afghanistan, Iraq, Lybia, and Syria

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Spaced_Out wrote: January 11th, 2018, 11:13 pm
PressingForward wrote: January 9th, 2018, 11:48 am
Silver wrote: January 8th, 2018, 7:54 pm
gardener4life wrote: January 8th, 2018, 7:41 pm You guys are free to use your agency and freedom to choose to go destroy yourselves and go into captivity. Piece piece you will whittle away your freedom until you lose your agency.

Have you guys looked at what's going on Mexico?

That's the future of open drugs and no regulation of drugs. The only jobs are working in cocaine and marijauna fields. Milk in places costs more than it does here. People can't support themselves. Their infrastructure and government are run by cartels. Corruption everywhere, you pay bribes to get jobs. Nobody chooses what's right, but what's right for the dollar/peso.

If you keep choosing for open 'herb use' that's where this country will end up. Talk to Latin people who came from there. They'll tell you how it is and how it got so bad that even if you wanted to go out and change your life you couldn't because the infrastructure was all messed up. Imagine it taking days or weeks of pay to just buy milk or a chicken that lays eggs.

If you let marijuana be openly used recreationally it won't stop there. Next it will be pushed for cocaine, heroine, and meth. Are you naively going to think they wouldn't go right to the next thing? Look how fast recreational use was passed after the door was opened by medical use. That's how it will be for the other drugs too.
I've made dozens, if not hundreds of trips to Mexico for my work. Interior and border towns. You don't know what you're talking about.
Mexico is actually safer today than 30 years ago as a whole. However border towns had a bump in violence a few years ago, but I’ll go anytime! Chicago is a different story.......
Mexican Interior Minister Resigns Amid Soaring Murders; US Warns "Do Not Travel" To Mexico
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-01- ... not-travel

Less than two weeks after Mexico recorded its deadliest year on record, the Interior Minister of Mexico has decided to call it quits amid the out of control violence and soaring homicides.
As Mexico’s political elite play musical chairs in the collapsing house of burritos, the United States has just urged its citizens not to visit five violence-plagued Mexican states, placing them on the same list as war-torn countries like Afghanistan, Iraq, Lybia, and Syria
Yes, there is danger. Yes, it is drug-related. But why? Because US laws make trading in drugs profitable. Because Big Pharma has turned America into a bunch of hypochondriacs. Attack the root issue, not the peripheral stuff.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Silver wrote: January 12th, 2018, 7:06 am Yes, there is danger. Yes, it is drug-related. But why? Because US laws make trading in drugs profitable. Because Big Pharma has turned America into a bunch of hypochondriacs. Attack the root issue, not the peripheral stuff.
If one can remove the demand then the big Pharm and drug dealers will go broke, allowing more drugs on the market and creating more dependencies will only lead to more problems..