20 years from Proclamation to legal USA gay marriage, 20 years form Living Christ to what?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Michelle
captain of 1,000

20 years from Proclamation to legal USA gay marriage, 20 years form Living Christ to what?

Post by Michelle »

I posted this elsewhere, but I really want to know what others think about this.

9/1995 The Family: A Proclamation to the World shared at Women's Session
6/2015 Gay Marriage Legalized by the Supreme Court

1/2000 The Living Christ: The Testimony of the Apostles The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
2020? I don't know exactly, maybe not even that year, but it sure seems that something is going to soon disrupt people's testimonies that Christ actually lived and did what the LDS believe. (2020 is also the 14 generations and 400 years since the Pilgrims set foot on Cape Cod in November. Anniversary within days of the next US Presidential election.)

The Family: A Proclamation the the World has certainly separated a lot of wheat and tares in the Church. I think it possible the Living Christ will do the same soon.

I just know that the Lord told me very clearly, over a year ago, to follow the prophet because something is going to happen to sift out those who do not have their own testimony of Christ and the prophet. It is only recently that I have begun to think of this in the context of The Living Christ document.

Z2100
captain of 100

Re: 20 years from Proclamation to legal USA gay marriage, 20 years form Living Christ to what?

Post by Z2100 »

Michelle wrote: December 10th, 2017, 10:42 pm I posted this elsewhere, but I really want to know what others think about this.

1/2000 The Living Christ: The Testimony of the Apostles The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
2020? I don't know exactly, maybe not even that year, but it sure seems that something is going to soon disrupt people's testimonies that Christ actually lived and did what the LDS believe. (2020 is also the 14 generations and 400 years since the Pilgrims set foot on Cape Cod in November. Anniversary within days of the next US Presidential election.)

The Family: A Proclamation the the World has certainly separated a lot of wheat and tares in the Church. I think it possible the Living Christ will do the same soon.

I just know that the Lord told me very clearly, over a year ago, to follow the prophet because something is going to happen to sift out those who do not have their own testimony of Christ and the prophet. It is only recently that I have begun to think of this in the context of The Living Christ document.
Thank you for posting this. I’ve always wondered about this, and I think something will most likely happen in 2020 that will change everything, once again. I’m supposed to be serving my mission in 2020 so I’m curious as to what will happen.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Re: 20 years from Proclamation to legal USA gay marriage, 20 years form Living Christ to what?

Post by gardener4life »

I also had an impression about a year ago that time is running out and to be invited (and invite others?) to escalate their faith.

Some scriptures have been on my mind since a year ago until now that keep coming to mind. Some of them I'm paraphrasing below.

D&C 88:88 And after your testimony cometh wrath and indignation upon the people. 89 For after your testimony cometh the testimony of earthquakes, that shall cause groanings in the midst of her, and men shall fall upon the ground and shall not be able to stand. 90 And also cometh the testimony of the voice of thunderings, and the voice of lightnings, and the voice of tempests, and the voice of the waves of the sea heaving themselves beyond their bounds. 91 And all things shall be in commotion; and surely, men’s hearts shall fail them; for fear shall come upon all people.

Before Noah built the ARK, the people had a continual and constant flow of violence everywhere throughout the world. Genesis 6:11,13 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. 12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. 13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Mormon 2:18 And upon the plates of Nephi I did make a full account of all the wickedness and abominations; but upon athese plates I did forbear to make a full account of their wickedness and abominations, for behold, a continual scene of wickedness and abominations has been before mine eyes ever since I have been sufficient to behold the ways of man.

*2 Nephi 1:10 But behold, when the time cometh that they shall dwindle in unbelief, after they have received so great blessings from the hand of the Lord—having a knowledge of the creation of the earth, and all men, knowing the great and marvelous works of the Lord from the creation of the world; having power given them to do all things by faith; having all the commandments from the beginning, and having been brought by his infinite goodness into this precious land of promise—behold, I say, if the day shall come that they will reject the Holy One of Israel, the true Messiah, their Redeemer and their God, behold, the judgments of him that is just shall rest upon them.*

**3 Nephi 16:10 And thus commandeth the Father that I should say unto you: At that day when the Gentiles shall sin against my gospel, and shall reject the fulness of my gospel, and shall be lifted up in the pride of their hearts above all nations, and above all the people of the whole earth, and shall be filled with all manner of lyings, and of deceits, and of mischiefs, and all manner of hypocrisy, and murders, and priestcrafts, and whoredoms, and of secret abominations; and if they shall do all those things, and shall reject the fulness of my gospel, behold, saith the Father, I will bring the fulness of my gospel from among them. 11 And then will I remember my covenant which I have made unto my people, O house of Israel, and I will bring my gospel unto them.**

But even so, we are not yet at the end and we can still do good and promote the peace of Jesus and his ways. But in reading the scriptures above you can very soberly tell that we are working against the clock, and against having the bad ending that the other priesthood dispensations had. It's really important we humble ourselves instead of being humbled. And one think I think we're not good at, in western civilizations, and that is fellowshipping and caring for people who don't have the same means as we have. We see people and think everyone has money and access to what we have, and by so doing we leave them behind.

RAB
captain of 100

Post by RAB »

Michelle wrote: December 10th, 2017, 10:42 pm I posted this elsewhere, but I really want to know what others think about this.

Interesting. I just had the same thought yesterday. In Priesthood part of the discussion centered on the current trend to dismiss Christ as the literal Son of God among intellectuals.

Tbone
captain of 100

Post by Tbone »

RAB wrote: December 11th, 2017, 8:34 am Interesting. I just had the same thought yesterday. In Priesthood part of the discussion centered on the current trend to dismiss Christ as the literal Son of God among intellectuals.
That is interesting. I too had the exact same thought yesterday, but I was listening to Sister Jean B. Bingham's October 2017 talk which triggered it. BYUtv has a nice 7 part series called The Messiah: Behold the Lamb of God that covers the very thing you mentioned. I enjoyed it several years ago and should probably watch it again.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Tbone wrote: December 11th, 2017, 9:05 am
RAB wrote: December 11th, 2017, 8:34 am Interesting. I just had the same thought yesterday. In Priesthood part of the discussion centered on the current trend to dismiss Christ as the literal Son of God among intellectuals.
That is interesting. I too had the exact same thought yesterday, but I was listening to Sister Jean B. Bingham's October 2017 talk which triggered it. BYUtv has a nice 7 part series called The Messiah: Behold the Lamb of God that covers the very thing you mentioned. I enjoyed it several years ago and should probably watch it again.
Thank you, I am going to look up the BYUtv series. I hadn't heard of it before.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Tbone wrote: December 11th, 2017, 9:05 am
Yes good points. Certain films recently and the leaderships impression to counter their false arguments against Christ also have been around this time. A certain set of movies for example that bash against Christ being the Son of God that was really an illusion to turn and blind the public against the things of God; The Davinci Code Series. If this had been done less flashy and not be designed to look cool, people would have seen it for what it was. But because its the flashy images and illusions of Hollywood that draw people in people were blind.

This was why church leaders asked a bunch of BYU professors to combat it a short few years ago.

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

Check out the drudge report tonight. Ai Messiah is coming. Just read the article. I would like to attach it but my tech skills aren't that savvy.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

I've been reading The Living Christ every day (missed twice) since The Living Christ was mentioned in the October 2017 general conference. We were reminded to read it. I printed out a copy and carry it to work with me where I write down the thoughts that come to me as I read it. The testimony of the Apostles cannot be denied. They know of which they speak.

Would you like to do an interesting exercise with their inspired words? Find the part written by Elder Neal A. Maxwell. He was one of the signatories to the document.

Tbone
captain of 100

Post by Tbone »

Silver wrote: December 12th, 2017, 11:58 am Would you like to do an interesting exercise with their inspired words? Find the part written by Elder Neal A. Maxwell. He was one of the signatories to the document.
How do you know what part Elder Maxwell wrote? I just read through it, but I think I could hear him saying this part:
Though sinless, He was baptized to fulfill all righteousness. He "went about doing good", yet was despised for it.
It just seems structured like he would talk.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Tbone wrote: December 12th, 2017, 12:08 pm
Silver wrote: December 12th, 2017, 11:58 am Would you like to do an interesting exercise with their inspired words? Find the part written by Elder Neal A. Maxwell. He was one of the signatories to the document.
How do you know what part Elder Maxwell wrote? I just read through it, but I think I could hear him saying this part:
Though sinless, He was baptized to fulfill all righteousness. He "went about doing good", yet was despised for it.
Just an educated guess, but I think Elder Maxwell penned these words:
"We solemnly testify that His life, which is central to all human history, neither began in Bethlehem nor concluded on Calvary. He was the Firstborn of the Father, the Only Begotten Son in the flesh, the Redeemer of the world." Began...Bethlehem and Concluded...Calvary is classic Elder Maxwell. I miss him.

Tbone
captain of 100

Post by Tbone »

Silver wrote: December 12th, 2017, 12:15 pm
Tbone wrote: December 12th, 2017, 12:08 pm
Just an educated guess, but I think Elder Maxwell penned these words:
"We solemnly testify that His life, which is central to all human history, neither began in Bethlehem nor concluded on Calvary. He was the Firstborn of the Father, the Only Begotten Son in the flesh, the Redeemer of the world." Began...Bethlehem and Concluded...Calvary is classic Elder Maxwell. I miss him.
Ah yes, the alliteration definitely sounds like him for sure. I would agree with your educated guess.

Rand
captain of 1,000

Post by Rand »

Elder Hales agrees with you! In Oct 2013 he said: "In recent decades the Church has largely been spared the terrible misunderstandings and persecutions experienced by the early Saints. It will not always be so. The world is moving away from the Lord faster and farther than ever before. The adversary has been loosed upon the earth. We watch, hear, read, study, and share the words of prophets to be forewarned and protected. For example, “The Family: A Proclamation to the World” was given long before we experienced the challenges now facing the family. “The Living Christ: The Testimony of the Apostles” was prepared in advance of when we will need it most.

We may not know all the reasons why the prophets and conference speakers address us with certain topics in conference, but the Lord does. " :shock:
Could they actually be inspired????

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Michelle wrote: December 10th, 2017, 10:42 pmThe Family: A Proclamation the the World has certainly separated a lot of wheat and tares in the Church. I think it possible the Living Christ will do the same soon.
I agree, and believe that it's already being manifest in the world, but especially in the Lord's Church. What I see are people making a huge effort to re-shape Christ into who they want him to be. Whatever someone's favorite sin is, Christ is all of a sudden okay with - hey, that's not a sin after all - Jesus said love everyone, because again, all of a sudden, to love means the end to preaching repentance (when the actual truth is the exact opposite), because we're all sinners, right? So how can a sinner tell another sinner to repent? That would be hypocritical (in their minds). So, here we are - all sinners, but as long as you don't ever mention that God has standards - that he has laws that MUST be followed (and sincerely repented of when they're not followed) - and as long as you say "all that matters is love - love, love, love" - literally anything goes. That is the new Christ for many in the Church.

Some of my friends and extended family have fallen for this ingenious lie of Satan's, and it is heartbreaking. Families destroyed - marriages and children shattered - but don't you dare mention that Christ is the one who gave the commandments in the first place - that he is the one who brought the Flood - that he is the one who will bring the Fire in our or our children's day. Nope, because their Christ only loves, loves, loves, and there is no sin, there is no law to be followed - anything goes - free-loving, free-sex, free-fill-in-the-blank - that's the Jesus of 2017 for most of the people I know in my ward, friends, and extended family (and here on the forum, for that matter). A wink and a nod for actions that members used to have the courage to call sins, but now, if you mention these sins or laws or commandments - shame on YOU, because it means you don't love everybody. Because we all know Christ loves everybody, so sin all you want, break every single commandment - Christ didn't really mean it when he gave us those, he was just pretending - or they were just for the people living then, not us in this enlightened, sophisticated age, surely.

So in the end, I think the road so many members are on in relation to Christ is that they have re-made him in their image to ease their conscience - and the actual Living Christ (the one who GAVE us the laws and commandments, i.e. rules to live by) is quickly fading into obscurity.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

EmmaLee wrote: December 12th, 2017, 2:11 pm
Michelle wrote: December 10th, 2017, 10:42 pmThe Family: A Proclamation the the World has certainly separated a lot of wheat and tares in the Church. I think it possible the Living Christ will do the same soon.
I agree, and believe that it's already being manifest in the world, but especially in the Lord's Church. What I see are people making a huge effort to re-shape Christ into who they want him to be. Whatever someone's favorite sin is, Christ is all of a sudden okay with - hey, that's not a sin after all - Jesus said love everyone, because again, all of a sudden, to love means the end to preaching repentance (when the actual truth is the exact opposite), because we're all sinners, right? So how can a sinner tell another sinner to repent? That would be hypocritical (in their minds). So, here we are - all sinners, but as long as you don't ever mention that God has standards - that he has laws that MUST be followed (and sincerely repented of when they're not followed) - and as long as you say "all that matters is love - love, love, love" - literally anything goes. That is the new Christ for many in the Church.

Some of my friends and extended family have fallen for this ingenious lie of Satan's, and it is heartbreaking. Families destroyed - marriages and children shattered - but don't you dare mention that Christ is the one who gave the commandments in the first place - that he is the one who brought the Flood - that he is the one who will bring the Fire in our or our children's day. Nope, because their Christ only loves, loves, loves, and there is no sin, there is no law to be followed - anything goes - free-loving, free-sex, free-fill-in-the-blank - that's the Jesus of 2017 for most of the people I know in my ward, friends, and extended family (and here on the forum, for that matter). A wink and a nod for actions that members used to have the courage to call sins, but now, if you mention these sins or laws or commandments - shame on YOU, because it means you don't love everybody. Because we all know Christ loves everybody, so sin all you want, break every single commandment - Christ didn't really mean it when he gave us those, he was just pretending - or they were just for the people living then, not us in this enlightened, sophisticated age, surely.

So in the end, I think the road so many members are on in relation to Christ is that they have re-made him in their image to ease their conscience - and the actual Living Christ (the one who GAVE us the laws and commandments, i.e. rules to live by) is quickly fading into obscurity.
Couldn't of said it better.... But that is exactly how it is today.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Brothers and sisters, let's move beyond our current apathy and be valiant.

D&C 128:
22 Brethren, shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage, brethren; and on, on to the victory! Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad. Let the earth break forth into singing. Let the dead speak forth anthems of eternal praise to the King Immanuel, who hath ordained, before the world was, that which would enable us to redeem them out of their prison; for the prisoners shall go free.

23 Let the mountains shout for joy, and all ye valleys cry aloud; and all ye seas and dry lands tell the wonders of your Eternal King! And ye rivers, and brooks, and rills, flow down with gladness. Let the woods and all the trees of the field praise the Lord; and ye solid rocks weep for joy! And let the sun, moon, and the morning stars sing together, and let all the sons of God shout for joy! And let the eternal creations declare his name forever and ever! And again I say, how glorious is the voice we hear from heaven, proclaiming in our ears, glory, and salvation, and honor, and immortality, and eternal life; kingdoms, principalities, and powers!

24 Behold, the great day of the Lord is at hand; and who can abide the day of his coming, and who can stand when he appeareth? For he is like a refiner’s fire, and like fuller’s soap; and he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver, and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness. Let us, therefore, as a church and a people, and as Latter-day Saints, offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness; and let us present in his holy temple, when it is finished, a book containing the records of our dead, which shall be worthy of all acceptation.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

There are only 5 members of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles and First Presidency that signed both The Family: A Proclamation to the World and The Living Christ that are still alive:

Russell M. Nelson
Dallin H. Oaks
M. Russel Ballard
Jeffery R. Holland
Henry B. Eyring

I don't know that it means anything. Just something I noticed.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

I remember when the Living Christ first came out. A video was also produced of each Apostle and 1st Presidency member quoting from that declaration. They were all in different places throughout the world of importance to the Church (i.e. the garden tomb, the sacred grove etc) It was a VERY POWERFUL VIDEO. I remember truly how the Spirit spoke to me that what these 15 men were saying were true without a shadow of a doubt. I have searched several times recently to try and find that original video to no avail.

Regardless of the 15 men speaking, it would be just as true today as it was back in 2000.

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Sarah »

Probably not a coincidence with the proclamation. 10 is one of the perfect numbers and it signifies the perfection of divine order. It is the completion of a cycle. We also have the 10 commandments, 10% tithing, 10 plagues, 10 virgins, and then look at how many numbers in the Bible are multiples of 10. That fact about the Pilgrims is interesting.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

kittycat51 wrote: January 3rd, 2018, 12:48 pm I remember when the Living Christ first came out. A video was also produced of each Apostle and 1st Presidency member quoting from that declaration. They were all in different places throughout the world of importance to the Church (i.e. the garden tomb, the sacred grove etc) It was a VERY POWERFUL VIDEO. I remember truly how the Spirit spoke to me that what these 15 men were saying were true without a shadow of a doubt. I have searched several times recently to try and find that original video to no avail.

Regardless of the 15 men speaking, it would be just as true today as it was back in 2000.
I remember that video. I tried to look it up as well.

The closest I can find is this:

https://www.lds.org/prophets-and-apostl ... s?lang=eng

It looks like they just dropped the old ones and added new ones for the new apostles.

jackie1773
captain of 10

Post by jackie1773 »

It's The Living Christ's 20th anniversary tomorrow. If the pattern holds, Christianity will be under attack this next year.

My theory is that the half hour of silence started when The Living Christ was published on January 1, 2000 (last major church publication addressed to the world). Half hour = 20.83 years which would bring us to October 30, four days before the election.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Joe Biden recently said that any Christian denomination that doesn't accept gay marriage should be labeled a terrorist organization. He's certainly not the only one who believes this. We have members of our church saying that the church is abusing, oppressing, and terrorizing LGBTQ members.

https://pjmedia.com/faith/joe-biden-dem ... hristians/

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

jackie1773 wrote: December 31st, 2019, 1:53 pm It's The Living Christ's 20th anniversary tomorrow. If the pattern holds, Christianity will be under attack this next year.

My theory is that the half hour of silence started when The Living Christ was published on January 1, 2000 (last major church publication addressed to the world). Half hour = 20.83 years which would bring us to October 30, four days before the election.

actually 22.5 to 45 minutes is better

Technically challenged , but not significant digits. :geek: dbnp
Please pardon the strange spacing. It’s because I double spaced the code for the hyperlink, to hopefully demystify BB Code, a tiny bit.

hedgehog
captain of 100

Post by hedgehog »

Re the much debated half hour of silence. Personally I am expecting it to look more like this:

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... 0?lang=eng