[Deleted]

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
brianj
captain of 1,000

Re: The end times will be officially announced by the leadership

Post by brianj »

LDS Anarchist wrote: December 8th, 2017, 9:39 pm Paul wrote:
Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and by our gathering together unto him, that ye be not soon shaken in mind or be troubled by letter, except ye receive it from us, neither by spirit nor by word, as that the day of Christ is at hand. (JST 2 Thessalonians 1-2)
If the standard that the primitive church lived under was to not be shaken in mind or troubled by letter or by spirit or by word, as that the day of Christ is at hand, then why are so many Mormons so soon shaken in mind and troubled, thinking the end times are here? Has the First Presidency or Quorum of the Twelve issued a letter or said that these are the "end times?" No, they haven't. All they say is that these are the last days and the latter days. So what's with all the beliefs that people have, thinking that "the day of Christ is at hand" given there hasn't been any such announcement from the church leadership?
I disagree with your premise. Paul didn't say the end times won't come until you hear about it from us, he said don't be troubled by a letter unless it was received from us. In his time just as today, I'm sure there were no shortage of people sharing stories about how Jerusalem was going to be destroyed next month. But that didn't happen until 70 AD, and I am not aware of any Apostolic epistle telling Christians in Jerusalem it's time to go visit the countryside.

And I don't believe we'll get an announcement that the tribulations are starting next week or next month. I believe it will be business as usual until things happen. I do expect that people in areas that are about to be devastated will not be warned of earthquakes or tsunamis, but will be advised to go somewhere safe without an explicit reason being given. Only a slothful servant must be commanded in all things.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

Yes, I have heard apostles state a few times that its the last days and it's late in the day...11th hour. I believe I even heard someone say it's the last of the last days.

I'm sure a quick search could find the specific mentions.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

The apostles and prophets have said many times recently that we are living in the last days.
MMbelieve wrote: December 8th, 2017, 10:48 pm Yes, I have heard apostles state a few times that its the last days and it's late in the day...11th hour. I believe I even heard someone say it's the last of the last days.

I'm sure a quick search could find the specific mentions.
Yes, it was President Nelson last year.

Becoming True Millennials
President Russell M. Nelson Of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
An Evening with President Russell M. Nelson
Worldwide Devotional for Young Adults • January 10, 2016 • Brigham Young University–Hawaii

You are living in the “eleventh hour.” The Lord has declared that this is the last time that He will call laborers into His vineyard to gather the elect from the four quarters of the earth.2 And you were sent to participate in this gathering. Again and again I have seen firsthand the powerful influence of True Millennials as they bring others to a knowledge of the truth. This is part of your identity and your purpose as the seed of Abraham

gangbusters
captain of 100

Post by gangbusters »

brianj wrote: December 8th, 2017, 10:29 pm
Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and by our gathering together unto him, that ye be not soon shaken in mind or be troubled by letter, except ye receive it from us, neither by spirit nor by word, as that the day of Christ is at hand. (JST 2 Thessalonians 1-2)
If the standard that the primitive church lived under was to not be shaken in mind or troubled by letter or by spirit or by word, as that the day of Christ is at hand, then why are so many Mormons so soon shaken in mind and troubled, thinking the end times are here? Has the First Presidency or Quorum of the Twelve issued a letter or said that these are the "end times?" No, they haven't. All they say is that these are the last days and the latter days. So what's with all the beliefs that people have, thinking that "the day of Christ is at hand" given there hasn't been any such announcement from the church leadership?
I disagree with your premise. Paul didn't say the end times won't come until you hear about it from us, he said don't be troubled by a letter unless it was received from us. In his time just as today, I'm sure there were no shortage of people sharing stories about how Jerusalem was going to be destroyed next month. But that didn't happen until 70 AD, and I am not aware of any Apostolic epistle telling Christians in Jerusalem it's time to go visit the countryside.

And I don't believe we'll get an announcement that the tribulations are starting next week or next month. I believe it will be business as usual until things happen. I do expect that people in areas that are about to be devastated will not be warned of earthquakes or tsunamis, but will be advised to go somewhere safe without an explicit reason being given. Only a slothful servant must be commanded in all things.

Thank you for the sane post.

Still Learning
captain of 100

Post by Still Learning »

brianj wrote: December 8th, 2017, 10:29 pm

Spot on. Great post!

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

If you want to know when the end times officially starts, I'll tell you: when the Josephite comes out of his box and makes his announcement, he will afterward go to the church leadership and make them eat humble pie. And then those now humbled to the dust leaders will stand in front of the pulpit in general conference, and they will admit all their errors, in doctrine and in practice and in policy, and they will confess all their sins and faults, and they will say that a new era has officially started, that the times of shadows has ceased and now the prophecies will proceed literally. They will tell the saints how long we have before this and that happens, as they receive it from the Josephite, and so forth. And when the end times officially begins, the Josephite will tell them, "The end times has now officially begun. Go and tell the saints." And that, too, will be officially announced by the church leadership. So, nobody needs to guess at these things.

The Lord will not make the saints guess at the signs of the times, but will very clearly tell them these things, so that no one is left with any excuse that they didn't know.
Call ye, therefore, upon them with loud proclamation, and with your testimony, fearing them not, for they are as grass, and all their glory as the flower thereof which soon falleth, that they may be left also without excuse—and that I may visit them in the day of visitation, when I shall unveil the face of my covering, to appoint the portion of the oppressor among hypocrites, where there is gnashing of teeth, if they reject my servants and my testimony which I have revealed unto them. (D&C 124:7-8)

What I have said unto you must needs be, that all men may be left without excuse; that wise men and rulers may hear and know that which they have never considered; that I may proceed to bring to pass my act, my strange act, and perform my work, my strange work, that men may discern between the righteous and the wicked, saith your God. (D&C 101:93-95)

And perhaps a committee can be appointed to find out these things, and to take statements and affidavits; and also to gather up the libelous publications that are afloat; and all that are in the magazines, and in the encyclopedias, and all the libelous histories that are published, and are writing, and by whom, and present the whole concatenation of diabolical rascality and nefarious and murderous impositions that have been practiced upon this people—that we may not only publish to all the world, but present them to the heads of government in all their dark and hellish hue, as the last effort which is enjoined on us by our Heavenly Father, before we can fully and completely claim that promise which shall call him forth from his hiding place; and also that the whole nation may be left without excuse before he can send forth the power of his mighty arm. (D&C 123: 4-6)

Therefore, they are left without excuse, and their sins are upon their own heads. (D&C 88:82)
All the people who have left this church believing that the end times are upon us (for a recent example, see the Snufferites), have not understood the principle that Paul wrote about. They have thought that the church leadership is out of tune with the Spirit, out of line and unaware of the signs of the times. They have supposed that they know better than the leadership and that the end times are now upon us and have looked at the leadership as out of touch, for they say nothing concerning the end times signs. But they say nothing about this because we are not in the end times! If we were in the end times, our leaders would open their mouths, because as the above scriptures explain, it is a gospel principle that the Lord must leave all men, including His saints, without excuse.

I am afraid I'll have to disagree also....

Mathew 24:

36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. 37But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 40Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 41Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. 43But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. 44Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

LDS Anarchist wrote: December 8th, 2017, 9:39 pm If you want to know when the end times officially starts, I'll tell you: when the Josephite comes out of his box and makes his announcement, he will afterward go to the church leadership and make them eat humble pie. And then those now humbled to the dust leaders will stand in front of the pulpit in general conference, and they will admit all their errors, in doctrine and in practice and in policy, and they will confess all their sins and faults, and they will say that a new era has officially started, that the times of shadows has ceased and now the prophecies will proceed literally. They will tell the saints how long we have before this and that happens, as they receive it from the Josephite, and so forth. And when the end times officially begins, the Josephite will tell them, "The end times has now officially begun. Go and tell the saints." And that, too, will be officially announced by the church leadership. So, nobody needs to guess at these things.
Your writings have always seemed a bit fringy, so I've just skimmed them in the past. Today though I noticed the highlighted section. No wonder you attached the word anarchist to your moniker. I'll give you a 90 for writing with confidence and a ZERO for accuracy. Total score: 45. You fail.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

LDS Anarchist wrote: December 9th, 2017, 5:17 pm
Silver wrote: December 9th, 2017, 5:03 pm
LDS Anarchist wrote: December 8th, 2017, 9:39 pm If you want to know when the end times officially starts, I'll tell you: when the Josephite comes out of his box and makes his announcement, he will afterward go to the church leadership and make them eat humble pie. And then those now humbled to the dust leaders will stand in front of the pulpit in general conference, and they will admit all their errors, in doctrine and in practice and in policy, and they will confess all their sins and faults, and they will say that a new era has officially started, that the times of shadows has ceased and now the prophecies will proceed literally. They will tell the saints how long we have before this and that happens, as they receive it from the Josephite, and so forth. And when the end times officially begins, the Josephite will tell them, "The end times has now officially begun. Go and tell the saints." And that, too, will be officially announced by the church leadership. So, nobody needs to guess at these things.
Your writings have always seemed a bit fringy, so I've just skimmed them in the past. Today though I noticed the highlighted section. No wonder you attached the word anarchist to your moniker. I'll give you a 90 for writing with confidence and a ZERO for accuracy. Total score: 45. You fail.
Zero for accuracy, huh?
And it shall come to pass that I, the Lord God, will send one mighty and strong, holding the scepter of power in his hand, clothed with light for a covering, whose mouth shall utter words, eternal words; while his bowels shall be a fountain of truth, to set in order the house of God (D&C 85:7)
You don't have a clue as what "setting in order" is going to entail, do you? To set things in order, everything and everyone is going to be set in order, top to bottom. That includes you, too, Silver. Are you still dead set on rating me 45 out of 90? LMAO.
Laugh all you want. If you have imagined the Brethren as being unaware of the times and seasons and their roles in the events ahead, you have "anarchized" yourself out of touch with God's Church. I hope you repent, sooner rather than later.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

If you want to know when the end times officially starts, I'll tell you: when the Josephite comes out of his box and makes his announcement, he will afterward go to the church leadership and make them eat humble pie. And then those now humbled to the dust leaders will stand in front of the pulpit in general conference, and they will admit all their errors, in doctrine and in practice and in policy, and they will confess all their sins and faults, and they will say that a new era has officially started, that the times of shadows has ceased and now the prophecies will proceed literally. They will tell the saints how long we have before this and that happens, as they receive it from the Josephite, and so forth. And when the end times officially begins, the Josephite will tell them, "The end times has now officially begun. Go and tell the saints." And that, too, will be officially announced by the church leadership. So, nobody needs to guess at these things.

The Lord will not make the saints guess at the signs of the times, but will very clearly tell them these things, so that no one is left with any excuse that they didn't know.
Call ye, therefore, upon them with loud proclamation, and with your testimony, fearing them not, for they are as grass, and all their glory as the flower thereof which soon falleth, that they may be left also without excuse—and that I may visit them in the day of visitation, when I shall unveil the face of my covering, to appoint the portion of the oppressor among hypocrites, where there is gnashing of teeth, if they reject my servants and my testimony which I have revealed unto them. (D&C 124:7-8)

What I have said unto you must needs be, that all men may be left without excuse; that wise men and rulers may hear and know that which they have never considered; that I may proceed to bring to pass my act, my strange act, and perform my work, my strange work, that men may discern between the righteous and the wicked, saith your God. (D&C 101:93-95)

And perhaps a committee can be appointed to find out these things, and to take statements and affidavits; and also to gather up the libelous publications that are afloat; and all that are in the magazines, and in the encyclopedias, and all the libelous histories that are published, and are writing, and by whom, and present the whole concatenation of diabolical rascality and nefarious and murderous impositions that have been practiced upon this people—that we may not only publish to all the world, but present them to the heads of government in all their dark and hellish hue, as the last effort which is enjoined on us by our Heavenly Father, before we can fully and completely claim that promise which shall call him forth from his hiding place; and also that the whole nation may be left without excuse before he can send forth the power of his mighty arm. (D&C 123: 4-6)

Therefore, they are left without excuse, and their sins are upon their own heads. (D&C 88:82)
All the people who have left this church believing that the end times are upon us (for a recent example, see the Snufferites), have not understood the principle that Paul wrote about. They have thought that the church leadership is out of tune with the Spirit, out of line and unaware of the signs of the times. They have supposed that they know better than the leadership and that the end times are now upon us and have looked at the leadership as out of touch, for they say nothing concerning the end times signs. But they say nothing about this because we are not in the end times! If we were in the end times, our leaders would open their mouths, because as the above scriptures explain, it is a gospel principle that the Lord must leave all men, including His saints, without excuse.
This is the kind of heresy that the scriptures warns about. It is pleasing to the ears of those who have been "offended" by some mean ol' bad ol' Bishop/Stake President/whomever yet it leads to spiritual death. Those who have those sorts of feelings would do well to recall Elder Holland's message about imperfect leaders and our attitudes towards them.

Where the heretics always mess up is in their assumption that the church leadership has gone astray. That's essentially saying that Christ can't run His own Church, that he's not the Head of it, that He turned it over to a bunch of mortals and they have completely ruined it. Well, as clear thinkers know, it's not our Church to mess up. The Church belongs to Christ and He will pick the servants to run it.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Silver wrote: December 9th, 2017, 5:38 pm

This is the kind of heresy that the scriptures warns about. It is pleasing to the ears of those who have been "offended" by some mean ol' bad ol' Bishop/Stake President/whomever yet it leads to spiritual death. Those who have those sorts of feelings would do well to recall Elder Holland's message about imperfect leaders and our attitudes towards them.

Where the heretics always mess up is in their assumption that the church leadership has gone astray. That's essentially saying that Christ can't run His own Church, that he's not the Head of it, that He turned it over to a bunch of mortals and they have completely ruined it. Well, as clear thinkers know, it's not our Church to mess up. The Church belongs to Christ and He will pick the servants to run it.
Amen and Amen!

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

After all, the Catholic Church is also the true church seeing as it was set up by Christ and carried on by Peter. Christ could run his own church. He is the Head of it. He didn't turn it over to bunch of mortals who have completely ruined it. Case closed. Catholic Church: Also True.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

harakim wrote: December 9th, 2017, 10:01 pm

After all, the Catholic Church is also the true church seeing as it was set up by Christ and carried on by Peter. Christ could run his own church. He is the Head of it. He didn't turn it over to bunch of mortals who have completely ruined it. Case closed. Catholic Church: Also True.
I can't tell if you were smiling as you typed or if you were pounding ferociously on your keyboard.

LightisTruth111
captain of 50

Post by LightisTruth111 »

It has already began but is on pause until certain things are in place. Time is short and people must no longer procrastinate, the Heavens have given mankind a extended season, the Devil has sought things sooner. By eternal law the Devil has rights to rule and act in a time, Heaven has limited him in his own kingdoms but there is a point the protections in place will be withdrawn. World is becoming too sinful and wicked not much longer can be given, upon hour of it being unpaused wormwood will instantly manifest, sudden destruction from a object phasing into this universe dimension, massive event and will be seen by mankind. Some are aware of this involved in secret society's serving fallen gods/entity's of underworlds and higher density kingdom worlds, not of God kingdom complex and not to be revealed in full at this time. You will see the open worship of such beings in your medias such as music and movies of late, some are controlled now by such entity's having souls been sold. The entity's give them knowledge, false promises and false understandings, they are aware of what is to come in parts of the events, but not in full understanding and is why they have made underground bases/city's that some are aware of which will fulfil revelation 6 seal 6 prophecy.

investigator
captain of 100

Post by investigator »

This is why the leadership will not announce the end times.
Isaiah 28:7 These too have indulged in wine and are giddy with strong drink: priests and prophets have gone astray through liquor. They are intoxicated with wine and stagger because of strong drink; they err as seers, they blunder in their decisions.

8 For all tables are filled with vomit; no spot is without excrement.

As the political and ecclesiastical leaderships of Jehovah’s people always appear on a par (Isaiah 3:2-4; 9:14-16; 24:2), so Ephraim’s “fat proud ones” (vv 1, 4) include its “priests,” “prophets,” and “seers” (Isaiah 56:10-12). Intoxicated with the wine of self-deception (v 15), they “stray,” “err,” and “blunder” in their policies. Instead of obtaining revelation from Jehovah (vv 9, 14, 16, 26, 29), they water down his word until it is ineffectual in empowering his people (vv 10-13; Isaiah 32:6). The best their spiritual feasts offer is “vomit”—partly digested food regurgitated for Jehovah’s people to consume.
http://www.isaiahexplained.com/28#commentary

What other people claim to have prophets and seers? Don't discard this prophecy just because it mentions strong drink and intoxication. Isaiah is speaking of self deception. Who else regurgitates conference talks over and over? When was the last time we had an honest to God "thus saith the Lord" revelation?
Isaiah 58:10 Their watchmen are altogether blind and unaware; all of them are but dumb watchdogs unable to bark, lolling seers fond of slumber.

Typifying the leaders of Jehovah’s people who make a Covenant with Death instead of a Covenant of Life (Isaiah 28:15, 18), or Jehovah’s wife who turns adulterous (Isaiah 1:21; 50:1), are certain “watchmen”—prophets and seers—who occupy the highest rung of society. Because they epitomize “dumb watchdogs” and “lolling seers,” Jehovah replaces them with a righteous watchman—his servant—and other watchmen: “Go and appoint a watchman who reports what he sees” (Isaiah 21:6); “I have appointed watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem, who shall not be silent day or night” (Isaiah 62:6).

As the job of Jehovah’s watchmen is to report to his people what they see and hear (Isaiah 21:10; 48:16), those who are blind and unaware see and hear little of consequence and fail to warn his people: “Who is blind but my own servant, or so deaf as the messenger I have sent? Who is blind like those I have commissioned, as uncomprehending as the servant of Jehovah—seeing much but not giving heed, with open ears hearing nothing?” (Isaiah 42:19-20. The final fate of the blind watchmen, literally and figuratively, is to be devoured by wild beasts—a covenant curse (Isaiah 5:29; 15:9; 51:8).
http://www.isaiahexplained.com/56#commentary

investigator
captain of 100

Post by investigator »

Got to keep your eye on those watchmen!
D&C 101: 44 A certain nobleman had a spot of land, very choice; and he said unto his servants: Go ye unto my vineyard, even upon this very choice piece of land, and plant twelve olive trees;

45 And set watchmen round about them, and build a tower, that one may overlook the land round about, to be a watchman upon the tower, that mine olive trees may not be broken down when the enemy shall come to spoil and take upon themselves the fruit of my vineyard.

46 Now, the servants of the nobleman went and did as their lord commanded them, and planted the olive trees, and built a hedge round about, and set watchmen, and began to build a tower.

47 And while they were yet laying the foundation thereof, they began to say among themselves: And what need hath my lord of this tower?

48 And consulted for a long time, saying among themselves: What need hath my lord of this tower, seeing this is a time of peace?

49 Might not this money be given to the exchangers? For there is no need of these things.

50 And while they were at variance one with another they became very slothful, and they hearkened not unto the commandments of their lord.

51 And the enemy came by night, and broke down the hedge; and the servants of the nobleman arose and were affrighted, and fled; and the enemy destroyed their works, and broke down the olive trees.

52 Now, behold, the nobleman, the lord of the vineyard, called upon his servants, and said unto them, Why! what is the cause of this great evil?

53 Ought ye not to have done even as I commanded you, and--after ye had planted the vineyard, and built the hedge round about, and set watchmen upon the walls thereof--built the tower also, and set a watchman upon the tower, and watched for my vineyard, and not have fallen asleep, lest the enemy should come upon you?

54 And behold, the watchman upon the tower would have seen the enemy while he was yet afar off; and then ye could have made ready and kept the enemy from breaking down the hedge thereof, and saved my vineyard from the hands of the destroyer.

lemuel
Operating Thetan

Post by lemuel »

I'll defend Anarchist here--I don't think Moses knew when the plagues were hitting Egypt that he'd be crossing the Red Sea on dry ground and eating manna later on. One can be a true prophet and not have all the steps planned out. A true prophet must know the next step though.

lemuel
Operating Thetan

Post by lemuel »

investigator wrote: December 10th, 2017, 12:28 pm Got to keep your eye on those watchmen!
D&C 101: 44 A certain nobleman had a spot of land, very choice; and he said unto his servants: Go ye unto my vineyard, even upon this very choice piece of land, and plant twelve olive trees;

45 And set watchmen round about them, and build a tower, that one may overlook the land round about, to be a watchman upon the tower, that mine olive trees may not be broken down when the enemy shall come to spoil and take upon themselves the fruit of my vineyard.

46 Now, the servants of the nobleman went and did as their lord commanded them, and planted the olive trees, and built a hedge round about, and set watchmen, and began to build a tower.

47 And while they were yet laying the foundation thereof, they began to say among themselves: And what need hath my lord of this tower?

48 And consulted for a long time, saying among themselves: What need hath my lord of this tower, seeing this is a time of peace?

49 Might not this money be given to the exchangers? For there is no need of these things.

50 And while they were at variance one with another they became very slothful, and they hearkened not unto the commandments of their lord.

51 And the enemy came by night, and broke down the hedge; and the servants of the nobleman arose and were affrighted, and fled; and the enemy destroyed their works, and broke down the olive trees.

52 Now, behold, the nobleman, the lord of the vineyard, called upon his servants, and said unto them, Why! what is the cause of this great evil?

53 Ought ye not to have done even as I commanded you, and--after ye had planted the vineyard, and built the hedge round about, and set watchmen upon the walls thereof--built the tower also, and set a watchman upon the tower, and watched for my vineyard, and not have fallen asleep, lest the enemy should come upon you?

54 And behold, the watchman upon the tower would have seen the enemy while he was yet afar off; and then ye could have made ready and kept the enemy from breaking down the hedge thereof, and saved my vineyard from the hands of the destroyer.
This parable is troubling indeed.
57 Therefore, get ye straightway unto my land; break down the walls of mine enemies; throw down their tower, and scatter their watchmen.
The enemy, apparently, wasn't satisfied with breaking down the hedge and the tree, but instead, built his own tower and put his own watchmen on top of it.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

By the testimonies of the righteous and missionaries, have people already been warned.

D&C 88

88 And after your testimony cometh wrath and indignation upon the people. 89 For after your testimony cometh the testimony of earthquakes, that shall cause groanings in the midst of her, and men shall fall upon the ground and shall not be able to stand. 90 And also cometh the testimony of the voice of thunderings, and the voice of lightnings, and the voice of tempests, and the voice of the waves of the sea heaving themselves beyond their bounds.
91 And all things shall be in commotion; and surely, men’s hearts shall fail them; for fear shall come upon all people.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

CelestialAngel wrote: December 11th, 2017, 2:18 pm I wish we had a healthy prophet leading the church right now who could speak out on issues happening right now.
Not an accident, part of the plan.

We are still being led. The other members of the First Presidency, the Quorum of the 12, and especially the President of the Quorum of the 12 are quite active right now in directing us correctly.

See President Nelson's talks the last few General Conferences as well as his to 2 broadcasts in Jan 2016 and 2017. We are being led very well right now to be sure.

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

President Kimball's 2 cents

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

Not to be rude but it sounds like you're implying you know MORE than our leaders of the church. I'm not saying they're perfect, because no one is. But it sure sounds like you're saying they're wrong and you're right and I find it disturbing. Last time I've checked, you do not hold the keys to receive revelation FOR the entire church. Good try though :)

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Knowledge is only useful when it's used appropriately. People can make mistakes and use their gifts to rebel...in fact that's the problem with our society.

2 Nephi 1:27 How are the mighty fallen, and the weapons of war perished! (The parable of Saul's life is how he trusted in the flesh and in his own knowledge, rejecting the Spirit of God, and following rivalries of the flesh being unable to accept the righteousness of the other 'Saints' of his time. Saul thought he knew more than Samuel, and ceased listening to Samuel who was the prophet of his day and one of the most visionary prophets of the whole Old and New Testament.)

Well I digress...I appreciate you trying to help people. Its good that you are trying to do good. You are trying to help people be aware. But we have to be really careful thinking we can tell people what the prophets should and would do. When that happens we're skating the edge of a cliff.

One thing you said worries me; "...The Lord will not make the saints guess at the signs of the times, but will very clearly tell them these things, so that no one is left with any excuse that they didn't know..." If this were the case we wouldn't need to read the scriptures. We're told to read them daily fearing for the loss of our salvation. We're told to know the signs ourselves and not rely on others to know them. The Spirit will tell you what time we live in. The Saints of the days of Paul and Peter thought they didn't have to be strong and were too dependent on the leaders themselves handling everything. When you take out the apostles and had them martyred the church wasn't strong enough to stand on its own. (Now I want to be careful saying that because you can't have a church without priesthood authority or prophets and apostles anyway...but the idea is there that with the leaders martyred the church of right after Christ's resurrection couldn't stand on its own. One of the reasons for this was that they were easily corrupted with false ideas and the philosophies of men, rather than getting the answers for themselves.)

I would even suggest the Spirit will tell you the end times are now, not years later. But saying that's useless without verifying and confirming what to do in prayer, humbly before God. If you go read the scriptures you can know and tell. You just match up the Spirit with seeking for direction and then use the Spirit to help you understand which events in our day are coinciding the most with the Book of Mormon events. (OK, that won't work without the Spirit.)

Also I don't think that anyone will confront the apostles and tell them to eat humble pie. That's not how the authority of God works. They work in unity, and seeking the Spirit. To confront someone you would have to drive that Spirit away, not invite it like it's fragile and fleeting.

You know perhaps instead of confronting the church maybe you meant confronting the world?

I don't think you meant harm to anyone. You were probably trying to help. And its wonderful if you are trying to help people. But maybe you got confused and think that maybe telling the leaders off and making them eat humble pie was actually a thought meant for our nation which is obviously slipping and messing up badly in rejecting truth and common sense.

Also the priesthood right to 'exhort' is a very simple and often missed but very effective truth application that is connected to the Aaronic Priesthood! Its amazing how much good you can do with the very simple priesthood key of the right to exhort your brothers and sisters.
2 Nephi 4:34
O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm.
Last edited by gardener4life on December 11th, 2017, 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

During all my scripture studies throughout my short time being a member of the Church, I have found that the Lord reveals multiple teachings to most scriptures. God has revealed to me to never, ever, accept any teaching to mean one interpretation. The Holy Ghost will teach you if you are open to receive it.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

There are way more prophecies about the second coming than His birth and mortal ministry, even in the old testament. These are given for a reason. The scriptures are clear in the last days the old and young will see visions and dreams, again these have been and will be given for a reason.

As I have posted before, cant give a dam of when the second coming occurs, what we need to look for is the start of the tribulations, very clear signs have been given in the seals and D&C 88.

What we do know about the start of the tribulations is that it will be preceded by a hastening period that has already come and gone, and the tribulations start as a whirlwind of calamities and comes without warning, missionaries are withdrawn, there is no Josephite that is still to come.. We have already been warned. These things are simple and to say more or less is to twist and wrestle the scriptures.
Doctrine and Covenants 124:10
10 For the day of my visitation cometh speedily, in an hour when ye think not of; and where shall be the safety of my people, and refuge for those who shall be left of them?

Doctrine and Covenants 63:6
6 Wherefore, verily I say, let the wicked take heed, and let the are rebellious fear and tremble; and let the unbelieving hold their lips, for the day of wrath shall come upon them as a whirlwind, and all flesh shall know that I am God.

Doctrine and Covenants 112:24
24 Behold, vengeance cometh speedily upon the inhabitants of the earth, a day of wrath, a day of burning, a day of desolation, of weeping, of mourning, and of lamentation; and as a whirlwind it shall come upon all the face of the earth, saith the Lord.
25 And upon my house shall it begin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord;

Doctrine and Covenants 97:22
22 For behold, and lo, vengeance cometh speedily upon the ungodly as the whirlwind; and who shall escape it?

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

Spaced_Out wrote: December 12th, 2017, 4:42 am  there is no Josephite that is still to come..

Do you mean that you do not believe in "Josephite" as taught by ldsa or you think that there will be no Elias/forerunner before the Lords 2nd coming?
PS.http://www.isaiahinstitute.com/2017/12/ ... o.html?m=1