The global economy is booming

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

The global economy is booming

Post by BeNotDeceived »

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/03/the-global-economy-is-booming-heres-what-that-means.html wrote: Global economic health has never been more robust, as the number of countries in recession has fallen to the lowest level in decades, according to a new report from Deutsche Bank.

An analysis of International Monetary Fund forecasts for individual countries' real gross domestic product year-over-year growth from 1980 out to 2021 reflects that the global economy has "never been in better shape, ...

Image Image

7 years of prosperity. :P

Plausible from President Trump's effection to a subsequent presidential selection. :mrgreen:

brianj
captain of 1,000

Re: The global economy is booming

Post by brianj »

BeNotDeceived wrote: December 8th, 2017, 6:36 am 7 years of prosperity. :P

Plausible from President Trump's effection to a subsequent presidential selection. :mrgreen:
Where's the prosperity? I have looked for it a lot over the last year, but I don't see it. What I see is wealthy people becoming more prosperous, the rest of the population becoming more confident that they aren't about to get laid off and can spend their money, and a lot of job openings that will keep people in or just barely out of poverty. But I don't see prosperity.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

BeNotDeceived wrote: December 8th, 2017, 6:36 am
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/03/the-global-economy-is-booming-heres-what-that-means.html wrote: Global economic health has never been more robust, as the number of countries in recession has fallen to the lowest level in decades, according to a new report from Deutsche Bank.

An analysis of International Monetary Fund forecasts for individual countries' real gross domestic product year-over-year growth from 1980 out to 2021 reflects that the global economy has "never been in better shape, ...

Image Image

7 years of prosperity. :P

It's almost like you were right! ;)

I've been blessed personally - but I attribute that to God. :D

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

brianj wrote: December 8th, 2017, 8:55 pm

Where's the prosperity? I have looked for it a lot over the last year, but I don't see it. What I see is wealthy people becoming more prosperous, the rest of the population becoming more confident that they aren't about to get laid off and can spend their money, and a lot of job openings that will keep people in or just barely out of poverty. But I don't see prosperity.
Just in America alone we have $20 trillion in admitted sovereign debt with $200 in unfunded liabilities. US citizens owe over $1 trillion on credit cards. College students and graduates owe a combined $1+ trillion. If you borrow enough money you can look prosperous for a while. This is not a booming economy. It would be myopic to say that it is.

As you pointed out, brianj, there is great wealth and income disparity. The trend is bad, meaning the wealth gap will get worse before it gets better. Also hurting the income numbers is the fact that the labor participation rate is as bad as its been in 40 years. Trump's tax plan will benefit corporations and those who own shares in corporations. Shareholders are mostly the wealthy. This is not prosperity either.

All 1st world countries are in similar or worse situations. The debt will have to be eliminated via hyper-inflation or through bankruptcy. Neither option will be pretty.

All these bad things happen when you let privately owned central banks make the monetary policy for countries. Therefore, to expect improvement in the economy as long as central bankers make the financial decisions is the textbook definition of insanity. A pox on the Federal Reserve and their worthless paper Hiney Wipes.

Finally, trusting CNBC for financial news is the equivalent of asking Satan for his version of the Plan of Salvation after which to pattern your life.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

brianj wrote: December 8th, 2017, 8:55 pm

Prosperity for purposes of this experiment is defined similar to that of a recession. Both are said to have begun based on the GDP growth-rate for two successive quarters. Q2 was above 3% and Q3 was also estimated to come in greater than 3%, on the date of the first eclipse. Definitions and Caveat are here.

"7 years" means years are the proper unit of evaluation, now that prosperity has begun. ( another caveat 8-) )
Gateway Pundit wrote:US Debt to GDP ratio has decreased year to date from 105% to 104%.
Continuing the trend for a few years may really begin to reverse our debt, but inequities are sure to remain. Prosperity is great, but what comes after is the real concern.