Deleted

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
brianj
captain of 1,000

Re: Don't be afraid of the last days

Post by brianj »

I just wish I could be right with myself.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

I am super excited. It is only terrible for the wicked. It is a relief and blessing to the righteous.

LightisTruth111
captain of 50

Post by LightisTruth111 »

Michelle wrote: December 5th, 2017, 10:21 pm I am super excited. It is only terrible for the wicked. It is a relief and blessing to the righteous.
And who is the righteous, for many think they are yet to God he says they are not. The way God measures righteousness is not same as mankind measures it, there is a reason why few at first will escape what is come, and others must prove themselves under chastisement and tribulations. Many shall seek to enter but be not able upon the hour.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

I welcome the Millennium and hope it doesn't take forever to get here. I have work to do still and am not ready, yet I welcome it to happen soon. There is a little bit of fear of the unknown for me. We know that Christians in history have been brutality killed and tortured and currently are in various places of the world. Not yet here in the states.
The thing that worries me the most is my young children suffering and the other is the evil people who have lost their conscience. There is a bit of fear around that because they have lost their humanness and will simply cheer and enjoy people's suffering. Maybe thats a weird thing to think about but for me its one of my two concerns or fears. A person pleading for mercy will be met with laughing and enjoyment...that frightens me.

I know that God is in charge and things will happen that are supposed to happen and all will eventually be made right someday.

Oh...another thing I think about is what it will actually be like to have Christ here and visible to us all. When I think of seeing Christ face to face, it gives me a kind of different feeling. Not bad but not familiar either. Perhaps it's just because of the veil and not remembering the relationship i had with him in the preexistance. Or maybe I'm just not ready to meet him yet.

Have some work to do.

LightisTruth111
captain of 50

MMbelieve wrote: December 6th, 2017, 2:40 am I welcome the Millennium and hope it doesn't take forever to get here. I have work to do still and am not ready, yet I welcome it to happen soon. There is a little bit of fear of the unknown for me. We know that Christians in history have been brutality killed and tortured and currently are in various places of the world. Not yet here in the states.
The thing that worries me the most is my young children suffering and the other is the evil people who have lost their conscience. There is a bit of fear around that because they have lost their humanness and will simply cheer and enjoy people's suffering. Maybe thats a weird thing to think about but for me its one of my two concerns or fears. A person pleading for mercy will be met with laughing and enjoyment...that frightens me.

I know that God is in charge and things will happen that are supposed to happen and all will eventually be made right someday.

Oh...another thing I think about is what it will actually be like to have Christ here and visible to us all. When I think of seeing Christ face to face, it gives me a kind of different feeling. Not bad but not familiar either. Perhaps it's just because of the veil and not remembering the relationship i had with him in the preexistance. Or maybe I'm just not ready to meet him yet.

Have some work to do.
Help the needy and ye shall be blessed in your time of need. Could you give up everything you own for God even if called to your very life, or if told to flee and take only the clothes on your back to a location in a time could you let go all the Mammon you own? Could you if the church said those who seek to remain upon it must give all their wealth to the church and trust in it to organise and sort all things, could you live by such a way if it came?

Irrelevant
captain of 100

Post by Irrelevant »

I do not fear what's to come; I'm too busy trying to keep my family from the most awful things of the world right now. I'm trying to teach them how to make good decisions, be responsible and accountable, and learn from their own and others' mistakes. That keeps me pretty busy. And then, of course, there's all of the learning, growing, and refining that I must do myself. I'd be a basket case if I also worried about the future. All I can do is what's in my control.

In answer to your question, I feel neither paranoid nor at peace about the world. It's all internal for me. I just hope and pray that I prepare my children adequately and help foster a love of God in them, regardless of what happens.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

LightisTruth111 wrote: December 6th, 2017, 3:45 am
MMbelieve wrote: December 6th, 2017, 2:40 am I welcome the Millennium and hope it doesn't take forever to get here. I have work to do still and am not ready, yet I welcome it to happen soon. There is a little bit of fear of the unknown for me. We know that Christians in history have been brutality killed and tortured and currently are in various places of the world. Not yet here in the states.

Have some work to do.
Help the needy and ye shall be blessed in your time of need. Could you give up everything you own for God even if called to your very life, or if told to flee and take only the clothes on your back to a location in a time could you let go all the Mammon you own? Could you if the church said those who seek to remain upon it must give all their wealth to the church and trust in it to organise and sort all things, could you live by such a way if it came?
Yes, giving up my "stuff" would be easy.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

One of the most inspirational stories out there is story of the Martin Handcart company. Also I choke up any time I hear the famous quote by Francis Webster
Was I sorry that I chose to come by hand cart? No. Neither then nor any minute of my life since. The price we paid to become acquainted with God was a privilege to pay and I am thankful that I was privileged to come in the Martin Hand Cart Company."
That being said. I am glad that I never had to go through that. If I was sent back in time and God told me to go on that trek with those pioneers, I hope that I would have the courage to do it... However, I must say that I would have fear for facing the hardships I know I would have to face.

I don't think that it is paranoia to have some trepidation and fear for what is coming. We are told that there will be many wonderful things that happen at this time and we should focus on that. But I fear those trials that are coming also.

Regards,

George Clay

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

CelestialAngel wrote: December 5th, 2017, 6:24 pm The last days means Jesus is coming and the Millennium is close at hand. If you are right with Heavenly Father and well off spiritually, you shouldn't fear what is to come and should trust that God and Jesus are in control and know what they are doing. So I have to ask, how many of you are paranoid and afraid of the last days and how many feel peace no matter what happens?
No matter what we think of ourselves, we have no idea what Heavenly Father thinks. It would be prideful of me to assume that because I am doing what the Church says that nothing can happen after Christ comes.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

I was just explaining to my kids this morning that the Second Coming is compared to childbirth. We know it is coming. We know it is soon, but no man knows the day or the hour. We know that there will be "labor pains" and that they will come closer and closer together. But, we also know that when he finally arrives, all the sorrow, the pain, the fear will be swallowed up in the joy.

I believe that as hard as it is to wade through the time before his arrival, it is a blessing that it doesn't happen in an instant, it gives us time to grow stronger through our trials to be ready for the harder things to come.

Like Lehi and his family. First he had to preach the truth and was threatened, but he still had his home and "normal life." Then they had to "camp" for awhile, but made 2 trips back to the familiar. Then they had to travel, but they were still on dry land and could find food. Then they had to build and get on the boat. That moment of leaving land would have been so hard. Then the travel and storm and more wickedness. Then finally they arrived in the promised land only to have Lehi die and the righteous flee. In every instance the trial they faced, prepared and strengthened them for the trial the would face.

I use to pray for the pre-Second Coming trials to come quickly so my kids could avoid them and just enjoy the Millennium. I still want Christ to return quickly, but I can see how my family is being strengthened in our trials and growing in ways that we could not otherwise. We may not be able to say "All is well in Zion, Zion prospereth." But we can say: ". . . that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance."

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

How many of you could run out of your house at 2am with a huge wild fire two blocks away, and return to find a thick layer of ash as their only possession?

Would you be broken? panicked? inconsolable?
Shell shocked?
Or could you draw on a deep pool of spirituality and go from emergency center to emergency center looking for your (non-member) neighbors to check in with them and console them at this ultimate time of need?

globule
captain of 50

Post by globule »

I believe the righteous man is the one who hasn't stopped repenting. This is the gospel of repentance. I'm far from perfect, so perhaps that's why the sacrament is given to us weekly.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

gclayjr wrote: December 6th, 2017, 7:43 am One of the most inspirational stories out there is story of the Martin Handcart company. Also I choke up any time I hear the famous quote by Francis Webster
Was I sorry that I chose to come by hand cart? No. Neither then nor any minute of my life since. The price we paid to become acquainted with God was a privilege to pay and I am thankful that I was privileged to come in the Martin Hand Cart Company."
That being said. I am glad that I never had to go through that. If I was sent back in time and God told me to go on that trek with those pioneers, I hope that I would have the courage to do it... However, I must say that I would have fear for facing the hardships I know I would have to face.

I don't think that it is paranoia to have some trepidation and fear for what is coming. We are told that there will be many wonderful things that happen at this time and we should focus on that. But I fear those trials that are coming also.

Regards,

George Clay
Was anybody in the Martin Handcart company alone? I can barely cope with life as it is without having someone I can lean on, so I can't imagine how anybody could endure what members of Martin's company endured without having family to support and be supported by.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

brianj,
Was anybody in the Martin Handcart company alone? I can barely cope with life as it is without having someone I can lean on, so I can't imagine how anybody could endure what members of Martin's company endured without having family to support and be supported by.
The hardships of the Martin Handcart pioneers are easy to imagine and understand. Certainly, there are trials out there that can be just as bad, that are not so easy to see and understand. Certainly, loneliness is one of them. I can say that just because one has family around them doesn't mean that they aren't lonely. Of course, one of the reasons why we can connect with the trials of the Handcart pioneers, is that we can look back historically and know just how hard and long their trials were. We don't know how long ours are going to last.

Now if you don't mind, I have a small suggestion that might help. Maybe, if you concentrated on finding some that you could help support, rather than focusing on the pain of not having someone who can help support you, it would go a long way towards taking away the pain of loneliness.

Regards,

George Clay

LightisTruth111
captain of 50

globule wrote: December 6th, 2017, 1:47 pm I believe the righteous man is the one who hasn't stopped repenting. This is the gospel of repentance. I'm far from perfect, so perhaps that's why the sacrament is given to us weekly.
Indeed it is but who truly is properly repenting and humbling themselves, many are as the pharisees and think they know it all . I tell you this in all truth if the Son of man went unto his people as son of man, they would reject him but if he reveal his power and showeth forth miracles then they would believe. Such is this generation a faithless one, one lost in darkness and fog who can not even see the Light in-front of them for they look to the sky's. The day will come that people will know that God is not pleased with this generation, that few did he find on earth with true faith, few did he find who could see in spirit the truth. Verily Verily I saith unto you the saints will hardly escape what is to come, for many fall short and have not abide the covenant.

James-T-Prout
captain of 50

Post by James-T-Prout »

I have studied these last-days events for 21 years.

I remember the emotions and feelings of anxiety that is had when one first dives into this field.

Especially when one learns about the Secret Combinations associated with these last days events.

However, after much study, I can say that my heart is at peace again.
Because, I know the order of the events that come in the last-days leading to the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ.

Thus, there isn't need to prepare for every contingency, for that is impossible and leads to the anxiety.
But, to prepare for the next event in the sequence. That is what leads to peace.

Also to know about how long we have until the New Jerusalem capital city is built in Jackson County. For after that point, America becomes the shining beacon on the hill that she was always meant to be. With a restored U.S. Constitution to get us there.

These things...are all very good things to look forward to.

The next event in prophecy to look to is the Presidency of Donald Trump, not working out as expected. I did a presentation on this topic called:
"What the Scriptures Say About Donald Trump - How Long Will He Last?"

See the Full Presentation Here: https://www.lastdaystimeline.com/presen ... ras-eagle/

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

gclayjr wrote: December 6th, 2017, 7:54 pm Now if you don't mind, I have a small suggestion that might help. Maybe, if you concentrated on finding some that you could help support, rather than focusing on the pain of not having someone who can help support you, it would go a long way towards taking away the pain of loneliness.

Regards,

George Clay
I have been doing this, but with no success. Mahatma Ghandi said, "Be the change you wish to see in the world," and I have tried to do exactly this. But it isn't easy. For the most part, my home teaching families have no interest in me coming by. "Maybe next week, we're too busy with family this week." I have felt really blessed at times as I have been able to be there for others in need, taking great pleasure from one single woman who said that I have given her more attention and encouragement than her ex husband did over the entire course of their marriage.

But it's almost all one way. People express appreciation to me for supporting and encouraging them, then they move on. Somebody else is feeling tremendously lonely and needs someone to give them attention, and I feel thankful for the opportunity to do so. But when I have the same need, they have something more important to occupy their attention.

In my last few wards, the Bishop of each said that I would be missed because of how reliable I was when people had needs. In my last ward I was told what a blessing I was to the ward and those in need, but not one single family was willing to invite me for Thanksgiving or Christmas. And this year I have no hope that Christmas will be anything other than sitting around home wishing I didn't exist, while trying to build up enough fake positivity to call my mother and tell her I'm having a great day.

I have been fasting and praying for this year long, hellish divorce to end this year. On Monday I found out the court date: July 2018. I would give anything to have someone give me a hug and tell me that I won't be alone no matter what happens. But in a typical week the only way I can get someone to touch me is to go to the temple.

Spider
captain of 100

Post by Spider »

brianj wrote: December 7th, 2017, 9:51 pm
gclayjr wrote: December 6th, 2017, 7:54 pm Now if you don't mind, I have a small suggestion that might help. Maybe, if you concentrated on finding some that you could help support, rather than focusing on the pain of not having someone who can help support you, it would go a long way towards taking away the pain of loneliness.

Regards,

George Clay
I have been doing this, but with no success. Mahatma Ghandi said, "Be the change you wish to see in the world," and I have tried to do exactly this. But it isn't easy. For the most part, my home teaching families have no interest in me coming by. "Maybe next week, we're too busy with family this week." I have felt really blessed at times as I have been able to be there for others in need, taking great pleasure from one single woman who said that I have given her more attention and encouragement than her ex husband did over the entire course of their marriage.

But it's almost all one way. People express appreciation to me for supporting and encouraging them, then they move on. Somebody else is feeling tremendously lonely and needs someone to give them attention, and I feel thankful for the opportunity to do so. But when I have the same need, they have something more important to occupy their attention.

In my last few wards, the Bishop of each said that I would be missed because of how reliable I was when people had needs. In my last ward I was told what a blessing I was to the ward and those in need, but not one single family was willing to invite me for Thanksgiving or Christmas. And this year I have no hope that Christmas will be anything other than sitting around home wishing I didn't exist, while trying to build up enough fake positivity to call my mother and tell her I'm having a great day.

I have been fasting and praying for this year long, hellish divorce to end this year. On Monday I found out the court date: July 2018. I would give anything to have someone give me a hug and tell me that I won't be alone no matter what happens. But in a typical week the only way I can get someone to touch me is to go to the temple.
Sending hugs your way Brian. All of us need to do a better job of being aware of the lonely around us.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Spider wrote: December 7th, 2017, 11:10 pm Sending hugs your way Brian. All of us need to do a better job of being aware of the lonely around us.
Thank you. I recently became aware of research concluding that loneliness is more dangerous to health and survival than smoking or obesity, and I am not in the least bit surprised.

Yesterday a friend who lives in Austin called me because she was "having a come apart." (I love Southern sayings. I miss the South.) She was driving, caught in the snow, scared, and stressed. I was able to keep her company for the rest of her drive, give her encouragement, and cheer her up. For one short hour I was needed, wanted, useful, helpful, and appreciated. Even though we were more than 1,000 miles apart, for one hour I didn't feel alone at all. What a blessing that was for me!

I have heard and read that one thing women find attractive in a man is an active social life, and I can understand that desire. But in my Utah experience, I come across three categories of people: couples who generally only want to hang out with other couples, singles who avoid people who aren't divorced yet like the plague, and people whose social activities are far from temple worthy. It's particularly disheartening to hear single people say they can't wait until my divorce is over so we can be friends. I really don't know what to do or where else to look so I can find things to do and people to do them with.

And speaking of that divorce, earlier this week I learned a trial date has been scheduled for late July. Seven more months! It could end a lot faster if I wasn't trapped in a marriage with someone who is totally unwilling to compromise, who has expressed a strong desire for support orders I can't afford so she can have me thrown in jail, and who is satisfied living in sin with her fiance. I pray multiple times each day for my divorce to be over this year, but I have a difficult time hoping for that prayer to be answered.