Rape or choice??

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Book of Ruth
captain of 100

Rape or choice??

Post by Book of Ruth »

I know this is a sensitive subject, but with all of the women coming forward saying they were assaulted, I just wonder for actresses or really any woman or man who wants to get ahead in their career, when is it rape and when is it quid pro quo?

If it’s a minor—no question rape, they are unable to consent. I just wonder if there are some who sell themselves for fame or a promotion. This may not be all a dirty horrible man thing, it may have some element of women not holding to their virtue.

I bring it up with all these women now coming out with their own stories, but where is the going to the police and pressing charges? And why now, is it easier with numbers or is it to get in on the publicity?

I don’t want to come across as blaming the victim, it just seems that the women who didn’t get the role in the movie are the ones who are wanting to press charges and going through the whole ordeal to get these rapists arrested, while the women with the roles just tell their story without going after the rapists.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Re: Rape or choice??

Post by Rose Garden »

Interesting insight. I haven't followed any celebrity news. I've been aware of the Facebook campaign. The ones who have shared their stories there are mostly victims of childhood incidences. That said, I do believe there is some liability for women (or men for that matter) feeling like they need to put out in order to get ahead. Sex is probably the most sensitive subject but really, what person earning money doesn't feel pressured to do things they wouldn't otherwise do in order to get money? That's really the whole reason for paying someone in the first place, isn't it? To convince them to do something they wouldn't otherwise be doing if they weren't getting paid for it?

I would say if you're going to start talking about women having sex in order to advance their careers, you might want to step back and look at the whole picture. What about men feeling pressured to work long hours away from their families in order to advance their careers? How much responsibility do they have as opposed to those putting the pressure on them? Is it entirely the fault of the person who caves to pressure?

Just throwing some thoughts out.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Victims are always blamed for wanting attention. I don't get that at all. I think people can't stand to face the fact that we live in a wicked world and people do wicked things, and would rather pretend people make up rape because they don't want to wake up to how evil this planet is. I am for letting people work out their own salvation and not worry about whether people are bad or good. That being said, if you feel prompted not to do something or send your kids somewhere, follow it because you don't need to know how bad it is out there as long as you follow the Holy Spirit.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Juliet wrote: November 12th, 2017, 9:25 pm Victims are always blamed for wanting attention. I don't get that at all. I think people can't stand to face the fact that we live in a wicked world and people do wicked things, and would rather pretend people make up rape because they don't want to wake up to how evil this planet is. I am for letting people work out their own salvation and not worry about whether people are bad or good. That being said, if you feel prompted not to do something or send your kids somewhere, follow it because you don't need to know how bad it is out there as long as you follow the Holy Spirit.
I love your thoughts. I wanted to say, however, that I don't believe that following the Spirit will guarantee that you will avoid all the pitfalls of this life or in some cases even the worst of them. It helps but I think we will all experience some degree of trials in this life no matter how closely we listen to the Spirit. I think the Spirit will always lead you back to Christ, though.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Those guys are long term sexual offenders will only offer you the job if you preform sexual acts. They use their position etc.. to get away with it. So it becomes a norm in the in industry if you want employment you need to preform basically acting as a career is a no go unless you give your chastity away, the same applies in the modelling industry. These are +50y old guys manipulating 18yo for their perversions and preying on their inexperience. What they do is interview 10 woman for the position and force all 10 to have sexual contact on promise for the position. It often ends up in rape that is difficult prove as they were alone together and the situation is manipulated to have no witnesses etc...
To say it is simply woman having loose standards and there is no sin as it is just consenting adults...

These guys get into those industries for the opportunities it offers the same, with catholic priests the majority of them are paedophiles and become priest to to enact their whoredoms, These things are taught plainly in the scriptures.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

I don't think its right to take millions of dollars and then call it rape. But only getting the job by putting out isn't right either.