DNA vs Book of Mormon (INCREDIBLE New Evidence)

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

DNA vs Book of Mormon (INCREDIBLE New Evidence)

Post by kirtland r.m. »

Don't miss information starting at at 9:20.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mADM3RYKl5Y

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Re: DNA vs Book of Mormon (INCREDIBLE New Evidence)

Post by gardener4life »

This is a really good study. There is a longer version by the way where he goes into it more that's over an hour long. I'm glad you posted this and its great. Thanks for trying to promote goodness and faith.

solonan
captain of 100

Post by solonan »

Thanks! Very interesting!

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

For what it's worth, I have seen copies of ordinance records of temple work that was done in the St. George Temple in 1871 for certain North American Indian chiefs, including Blackhawk and Tecumseh.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

This evidence is not really "new". I became acquainted (and believe wholeheartedly) with this theory over 10 years ago, and have been to Rod's home personally. He is a very nice and humble guy. The Book of Mormon is true regardless of what/where you believe it took place. Still very fascinating!!! You can't deny DNA. 8-)

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

There are a lot of telling critiques of Meldrum's misuse of 'DNA evidence'. You should probably read some of these before you embrace Meldrum's assertions wholeheartedly.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Apparently there is DNA evidence that connects certain North American Indians with Jews in the Mid-East, and DNA evidence that connects the Central American and South Americans Indians with Asiatics. Also, I have noticed that facial features of some Asiatics and some Central and South American people are so similar that sometimes I cannot tell if a person is an Asiatic or a native Central or South American. I also have noted that generally, Eastern American Indians have somewhat different features than Western, Central, and South American Indians. Among some LDS people this can turn into a pretty ugly disagreement.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

lundbaek wrote: November 13th, 2017, 4:19 pm Apparently there is DNA evidence that connects certain North American Indians with Jews in the Mid-East, and DNA evidence that connects the Central American and South Americans Indians with Asiatics. Also, I have noticed that facial features of some Asiatics and some Central and South American people are so similar that sometimes I cannot tell if a person is an Asiatic or a native Central or South American. I also have noted that generally, Eastern American Indians have somewhat different features than Western, Central, and South American Indians. Among some LDS people this can turn into a pretty ugly disagreement.
Hugh Nibley has noted that Mexico/Guatemala has every racial type present among their indigenous people. I've seen very Arabic/Semitic facial features among those coming up from Mexico. I've seen very Asian features among Indian tribes resident in present day US.

Go up to the Ute headquarters in Roosevelt Utah and watch them coming through the door and walking through the rooms as I have done.. You'll see very Asiatic and then strictly Amer-Indian types among them.

And remember Stub's work finding a high correlation between Semitic languages, particularly Hebrew and Egyptian, in the Uto-Aztecan linguistic group.

Oh, and don't forget to read the critique of Meldrum's claims by working geneticists. Lundbaek, I don't think its either or; nor do I think all the genetic work has been done among MesoAmerican native groups.