US Power Grid Communications Drill

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

US Power Grid Communications Drill

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

Power grid drill. What will They do when there are no comms? Why would they perform a drill unless they expect something to happen?

brianj
captain of 1,000

Re: US Power Grid Communications Drill

Post by brianj »

I had fire and earthquake drills throughout my school years. Did they have reason to believe that a fire or major earthquake was imminent? If so, I'm still waiting.

Maybe, just maybe, drills like these are held because people understand the possibility of bad scenarios and want to practice in case the incident really happens.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

brianj wrote: October 29th, 2017, 4:38 pm I had fire and earthquake drills throughout my school years. Did they have reason to believe that a fire or major earthquake was imminent? If so, I'm still waiting.

Maybe, just maybe, drills like these are held because people understand the possibility of bad scenarios and want to practice in case the incident really happens.
I had earthquake drills throughout my childhood and experienced an 8.9 magnitude earthquake in 1989.

Let's start naming the corrupt branches of government shall we?

FBI - excused Hillary and was complicit in Fusion One deal
CIA - complicit in Russia dossier
ATF - fast and furious
Justice Department - same as above, bill and Loretta shenanigans, etc.
Senate - just a handful of good senators maybe?
House - maybe less corrupt than the senate due to terms
Judicial Branch - legislated gay marriage
EPA - darn near everything it does
Etc
Etc

So maybe the exercise is just that with no ulterior motives on or near the date of the exercise. My point is, which government agencies are trustworthy at this point? So, the fact it happens on November 4th when Soros funded groups are planning something... Sure, could be a coincidence.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Your argument seems to be that branches of government are corrupt therefore a drill can't possibly be a drill.

That is not a logically sound argument.

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

Brianj, time to take a good long hard look at yourself. Quit trusting organizations who bear the marks of the gadianton robbers.

PressingForward
captain of 100

Post by PressingForward »

.....And there's a little green man in my head
And said you're not goin' crazy, you're just a bit sad
'Cause there's a man in ya, knawin' ya, tearin' ya, in to to
Silly boy ya' self-destroyer. paranoia, they destroy ya'

TOUCHDOWN BOISE STATE!

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Hivetyrant36 wrote: November 4th, 2017, 6:46 pm Brianj, time to take a good long hard look at yourself. Quit trusting organizations who bear the marks of the gadianton robbers.
I would love to rebut you, but since the government has shut down the entire power grid and internet, and I'm now in a concentration camp, I am not able to respond.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

brianj wrote: October 29th, 2017, 4:38 pm I had fire and earthquake drills throughout my school years. Did they have reason to believe that a fire or major earthquake was imminent? If so, I'm still waiting.

It's also an opportunity to learn how the system works, and doesn't work, and all about the system, and for new employees to learn.
I remember when I was a kid the electricity would go out with winter storms or rain storms, as would the telephones, unless someone knew how to go to the basement of the telephone company building and start the generators. If anyone knew how to do that, then the phones would work.
And the electric workers had to get out there to fix the electricity, if they knew how.

So practicing and training is always a good idea.

Does that mean we trust government workers, or governmental agencies? Well, there's no connection, is there?

I never had any earthquake drills. And only experienced one mild for me earthquake. Killed people and cost billions, but not in my neighborhood. Which any drill would not have helped.
My own learning of some basic rules helped me a bit, but mostly I just had to wait til the workers got the electric back on. Not much else to do.
And that was over 44 years.
dc

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

So if the latest N. Korea missle launch got up to an apogee 2,500 kilometers before starting its earthward fall, wouldn't that put it in the area of most efficient EMP effect?

I know the missle didn't survive re-entry thru the atmosphere, but does it really need to?

Looney Jr. Rocketman can now put up a missle into space and if his nuclear engineering is progressing, couldn't he detonate in prime EMP territory?

I know how hard it would be to actually get a missle warhead to re-enter thru the atmosphere in a targeted manned, and actually hit something; seems like he's just proved that his technology can actualy place a nuke in the prime EMP zone and with only one or two missles, bring the proud US to its knees in a matter of a half hour or so.

Assymetrical warfare strategy demands the next conflict against the US will be something we aren't ready for...

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

I understand 2,500 km (around 1,550 mi) is well above the ideal altitude for an EMP.

And there's no need for the missile body to survive reentry. For an EMP, nothing matters, For a traditional nuclear attack, the warheads will be individual reentry vehicles that separate from the booster prior to hitting the lower atmosphere.