Trump Calls Up Reserves, Pilots

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
DEEPER storm
captain of 100

Trump Calls Up Reserves, Pilots

Post by DEEPER storm »

Trump Calls Up Reserves, Pilots Needed,
President Trump late on Friday, signed an executive order allowing military pilots to be recalled to active duty.
Citing emergency powers, the EO explicitly stated that the call-up was voluntary for the time being, but implied that the president had the power to call retired military officers back to duty for any reason because of:
The new EO is officially an amendment to EO 13223 which President George W. Bush implemented in the wake of the 9/11 terror attacks.
The Air Force has a severe pilot shortage. Gen. David L. Goldfein, Air Force Chief of Staff told UPI last month:
“We’re 1,500 pilots short, and if we don’t find a way to turn this around, our ability to defend the nation is compromised.”
Should war break out with North Korea, the primary advantage of the U.S. would be air power – but only with sufficient pilots.
It is clear that this initial voluntary calling up of the reserves is a serious ramping up of preparations for war. It is also a deadly serious message all of America’s adversaries will understand, including North Korea, China, Russia and Iran.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Re: Trump Calls Up Reserves, Pilots

Post by Durzan »

sources?

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

DEEPER storm
captain of 100

Post by DEEPER storm »

US Air Force

The Air Force's protracted personnel shortage has been called a "quiet crisis."
The service has pursued a number of policy changes to keep pilots in uniform.
The Defense Department now has the authority to recall retired officers.

President Donald Trump amended an executive order on Friday to allow the Defense Department to recall up to 1,000 retired pilots in order to address the Air Force's shortage of qualified fliers.

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis reportedly requested the move, and he now has "additional authorities to recall retired aviation officers," Pentagon spokesman Navy Cmdr. Gary Ross said in a statement.

The Air Force is currently about 1,500 pilots shy of the 20,300 it is mandated to have. Of those missing, about 1,000 are fighter pilots. Some officials have deemed the shortage a "quiet crisis."

"We anticipate that the Secretary of Defense will delegate the authority to the Secretary of the Air Force to recall up to 1,000 retired pilots for up to three years"

Air Force.jpg
Air Force.jpg (28.57 KiB) Viewed 492 times

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

At my age I don't think I could perform the duties required in my old recon units, and with my subsequent education and experience I think I would be far more valuable in another MOS, but if I could be called up again I would be honored to resume serving my country.

Somehow I think that pilots who were able to get good jobs with the big airlines wouldn't agree with my position.