Flying insects are disappearing

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
DEEPER storm
captain of 100

Flying insects are disappearing

Post by DEEPER storm »

Flying insects, an annoying but necessary part of life, are disappearing, according to a study published Wednesday in the journal PLOS One. For the study, researchers evaluated 27 years of insect collection data from German nature preserves and found the biomass of flying insects had fallen by a seasonal average of 76 percent!
As detestable as flying insects are, they’re also a vital part of the ecosystem, providing food for animals and playing a vital role in agriculture. As for why the insects are disappearing, researchers appeared stumped. Climate change, they said, seems an unlikely culprit since the increase in temperatures should have helped, not harmed, the insect population. But, what if an increase in Extreme UV is the unseen culprit?

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Re: Flying insects are disappearing

Post by Sunain »

DEEPER storm wrote: October 21st, 2017, 8:04 pmBut, what if an increase in Extreme UV is the unseen culprit?
I keep saying to my friends and family that the sun seems brighter and stronger than it used to. I remember playing outside as a kid for hours and never got a sunburn. Now, I'm out just minutes and it feels like my skin is on fire.

The UV killing off insects is certainly an interesting hypothesis!

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

Seems like they’re all coming to Texas if you ask me.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

I killed about a thousand of them today with my car. Good riddance!

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Sunain wrote: October 21st, 2017, 9:14 pm
DEEPER storm wrote: October 21st, 2017, 8:04 pmBut, what if an increase in Extreme UV is the unseen culprit?
I keep saying to my friends and family that the sun seems brighter and stronger than it used to. I remember playing outside as a kid for hours and never got a sunburn. Now, I'm out just minutes and it feels like my skin is on fire.

The UV killing off insects is certainly an interesting hypothesis!
True. I read a report like that about a year ago (?), and how the UV rays are burning bushes and trees, too.

I think there's more to this problem than just that, though, like too many waves, electromagnetism, poisons, new enemies, perhaps GMO foods, etc.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Perhaps all the aluminum and barium in the air causes the burns as it is reflective Nano material in the chemtrails.

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

I thought it was all the pesticides being sprayed? By the way what useful purpose do mosquito's have?

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

OCDMOM wrote: October 22nd, 2017, 7:11 pm I thought it was all the pesticides being sprayed? By the way what useful purpose do mosquito's have?
To spread malaria, I guess.
I don't know what's useful about that, but I think that's it.
dc

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

I can tell you there is no shortage of flying insects at my house. No matter how many I kill there are several replacements there forthwith.
And my cats will chase them a bit, but seldom catch or eat them. Only play with them a bit, at most.
dc