MAPPED: US Cities at Risk from Yellowstone ERUPTION - Millions Facing WAVE of Lava, Ash, Gases

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
DEEPER storm
captain of 100

MAPPED: US Cities at Risk from Yellowstone ERUPTION - Millions Facing WAVE of Lava, Ash, Gases

Post by DEEPER storm »

Since about mid-July, the earth beneath the volcano has been shifting in a sign that magma could be rushing into the caldera’s main chamber. Since then, there have been roughly 2,500 small-scale earthquakes recorded near the volcano, the largest stretch on record. Previous estimates had assumed that the process that led to the eruption took millenniums to occur.

The same estimates that USGS based their warning on.

As the New York Times explains, the Yellowstone caldera is a behemoth far more powerful than your average volcano. It has the ability to expel more than 1,000 cubic kilometers of rock and ash at once, 2,500 times more material than erupted from Mount St. Helens in 1980, which killed 57 people. That could blanket most of the United States in a thick layer of ash and even plunge the Earth into a volcanic winter.

As the Times points out, scientists expect a supervolcano eruption to scar the planet once every 100,000 years.

To reach their conclusion, the team of scientists spent weeks at Yellowstone’s Lava Creek Tuff – a fossilized ash deposit from the volcano’s last supereruption, where they gathered samples and analyzed the volcanic leftovers. The analysis allowed the scientists to pin down changes in the lava flow before the last eruption. The crystalline structures of the rocks recorded changes in temperature, pressure and water content beneath the volcano just like tree rings do.

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Re: MAPPED: US Cities at Risk from Yellowstone ERUPTION - Millions Facing WAVE of Lava, Ash, Gases

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

Yellowstone has been waking up for the last 5 years at least. Roads melting, parts of the land rising, animals fleeing, and none of it hits the news or it is downplayed. Eruption is indeed imminent. It's not the only one though, the California fault line is overdue for about 60 years. I betcha it will be simultaneous. Check this vid out, it's volcanos worldwide. https://youtu.be/Bzv_T4zvocY

DEEPER storm
captain of 100

Re: MAPPED: US Cities at Risk from Yellowstone ERUPTION - Millions Facing WAVE of Lava, Ash, Gases

Post by DEEPER storm »

NASA believes the Yellowstone super volcano is a greater threat to life on Earth than any asteroid. So it’s come up with a plan to defuse its explosive potential.

NASA scientists propose, a 10km deep hole into the hydrothermal water below and to the sides of the magma chamber. These fluids, which form Yellowstone’s famous heat pools and geysers, already drain some 60-70 per cent of the heat from the magma chamber below.

NASA proposes that, in an emergency, this enormous body of heated water can be injected with cooler water, extracting yet more heat.

DEEPER storm
captain of 100

Post by DEEPER storm »

Seismic changes are being detected in and around Old Faithful geyser that's indicating it may be bracing for another volcanic eruption - not at some distant time in the future.

Could global warming be speeding this along, like climate change?

"Scientists working in and around Yellowstone National Park say that the supervolcano sitting under the tourist attraction may blow sooner than thought, an eruption that could wipe out life on the planet.

According to National Geographic, the researchers, from Arizona State University, analyzed minerals in fossilized ash from the most recent mega-eruption and found changes in temperature and composition that had only taken a few decades. Until now, the magazine reported, geologists had thought it would take centuries for the supervolcano to make the transition.

The discovery, which was presented at a recent volcanology conference, comes on top of a 2011 study that found that ground above the magma reservoir in Yellowstone had bulged by about 10 inches in seven years.

"It's an extraordinary uplift, because it covers such a large area and the rates are so high," the University of Utah's Bob Smith, an expert in Yellowstone volcanism, told the magazine at the time....

The researchers, The New York Times reported, have determined that the supervolcano has the ability to spew more than 1,000 cubic kilometers of rock and ash — 2,500 times more material than erupted from Mount St. Helens in 1980 — an event that could blanket most of the United States in ash and possibly plunge the Earth into a volcanic winter.

The theory of a much shorter timeline than expected was developed by Hannah Shamloo, a graduate student at Arizona State, and several colleagues who spent weeks at Yellowstone’s Lava Creek Tuff — a fossilized ash deposit from its last supereruption.

According to The Times, Shamloo later analyzed crystals from the team’s dig that recorded changes in temperature, pressure and water content beneath the volcano — much like a set of tree rings.

“We expected that there might be processes happening over thousands of years preceding the eruption,” Christy Till, a geologist at Arizona State who is Shamloo’s dissertation adviser, told the paper. Instead, the crystals revealed an increase in temperature and a change in composition that had happened more quickly....

“It’s shocking how little time is required to take a volcanic system from being quiet and sitting there to the edge of an eruption,” Shamloo told The Times, cautioning that more research is necessary before definite conclusions can be drawn."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 757337001/

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

And now volcanologists believe that it would only take a few decades for Yellowstone's magma chamber to fill to the point of an eruption, updating the previous belief it would take a few centuries.

In other words, it could possibly happen during my son's lifetime.

DEEPER storm
captain of 100

Post by DEEPER storm »

brianj wrote: October 13th, 2017, 10:05 pm And now volcanologists believe that it would only take a few decades for Yellowstone's magma chamber to fill to the point of an eruption, updating the previous belief it would take a few centuries.

In other words, it could possibly happen during my son's lifetime.
Scientist say that when the magma started moving horizontally start the clock. Could have it started in the 1980's? NASA and other scientist were there then doing ground penetrating radar imagining tests, along the Snake River are and studies at the different pools. Seems of later they have been increasing the bread crumbs about the danger of Yellowstone, maybe in ten years we will see a eruption.............

Hmmm... Grand solar minimum in the making now. NK threatening to burn us to ashes just cause. A catastrophic extinction level eruption from Yellowstone. Still haven't touched upon the asteroid bombardments, Nibiru, alien invasion, Nephalim returning to the Earth, more from Fukashima, mega tsunamis, massive earthquakes, and to keep the list of all manner of impending disasters that will end us all, the general stupidity of people... Wow. Not to put the kibosh into this, I've seen a lot of things in my days. Survived quite a few disasters. Found myself teetering on the nasty edge of catastrophic failure that would have wrecked house, home, and turned me into a widow. After all that, I'm still here and so long as I am here, I can do something positive to help myself, my family, and my neighbors. So long as the sun rises in the east, sets in the west, and we're all still alive, we can make sure we are prepared. Anything is better than nothing. Maybe we need more to look at technologies that were very common 100+ years ago. These things have been ignored in the modern technological age.

After all, why look at that stuff from the 1870s to 1920s? If electricity is such a concern, then make sure you have a generator, and fuel storage in advance. Ash can be filtered out and there are very effective means to do so. Make sure you have a battery bank to cover your needs and a method to recharge the batteries. Even an old fashion windmill will charge batteries, pump water, and do general heavy-duty chores. Sterling engines will charge batteries.

Yellowstone will not end the human race and if people want to live, survive and thrive, they will learn, make, and do. It's in dead tree volumes called books. It's in cultures that have foresworn modern technologies. It's in permaculture farms, and folks that live off the grid comfortably in more hostile environments. We won't die unless we give up. We will adapt, improvise, and overcome. The point I am making here is we still have time to do something to make sure we will survive.

DEEPER storm
captain of 100

Post by DEEPER storm »

YELLOWSTONE BLACKOUT - SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT!!!!!!
It has been prophesied by Mark Taylor that a sign like this will be given. Retired fireman and respected clairvoyant Mark Taylor successfully predicted the presidential election. He also foresaw that "a volcano that will spring forth from the depths."

DEEPER storm
captain of 100

Post by DEEPER storm »

Re-charging, subsiding, uplift. When did this recharging start? Looks like 1980's or sooner? In the 1970s, a resurvey of benchmarks discovered the unprecedented uplift of the Yellowstone Caldera of more than 28 inches.

Tracking Changes in Yellowstone's Restless Volcanic System

https://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/fs100-03/

Yellowstone Super Volcano 30-40 Years Recharging Is All It Takes, Expect Moderate Earthquake Today

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

Not to mention how all the live cams are on stream repeat and no longer showing parts of the reserve. People aren't allowed in more and more parts of the park every day. The land eastward in Illinois is also starting to bubble up and it is suspected that lava pressure opened up a riverway between the rise in Illinois and Idaho.