If you missed Harvey or Irma, don't worry, Nate has got you covered

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Michelle
captain of 1,000

If you missed Harvey or Irma, don't worry, Nate has got you covered

Post by Michelle »

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather- ... n/70002885
"Nate will move northward over the central Gulf of Mexico on Saturday and make landfall along the U.S. upper Gulf coast on Sunday," according to AccuWeather Meteorologist Brett Rossio.
Nate is likely to make landfall somewhere from the Florida Panhandle to southeastern Louisiana. The exact point of landfall will be determined once the storm begins to move north of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula."
Is it just me or does it seem the like hurricanes and storms are hitting every possible landfall and then filling in the spaces.

I just can't imagine living on the Gulf or Atlantic coasts this year.

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Re: If you missed Harvey or Irma, don't worry, Nate has got you covered

Post by Yahtzee »

Harvey got my cousin in Texas, Irma my cousin in Florida, and this will get my in laws in Georgia. Shouldn't be too bad by Atlanta though. At this rate I'm gonna predict North Carolina next because that's the only east coast family I have left. (For the record I'm like 2/100 for predictions)

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

These storms are just suddenly popping up one after another don't ya think? We usually get a few weeks warning, but this year... nope!

Irrelevant
captain of 100

Post by Irrelevant »

Headed right for us. We're a good hundred miles inland, though. Last night my wife and I were talking about it and realized that there's nothing we can rush out and buy last minute that we don't have already. It feels good to not participate in the chaos that will take place this weekend when most people realize it's going to hit us. Praying for all those who will be affected. Geez, before long everyone will be affected by some sort of major tragedy or catastrophy, it seems...

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

My mother lives close to the coast and she said they're not expecting much more than the blessing of a lot of desperately needed rain.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Irrelevant wrote: October 6th, 2017, 5:20 am Headed right for us. We're a good hundred miles inland, though. Last night my wife and I were talking about it and realized that there's nothing we can rush out and buy last minute that we don't have already. It feels good to not participate in the chaos that will take place this weekend when most people realize it's going to hit us. Praying for all those who will be affected. Geez, before long everyone will be affected by some sort of major tragedy or catastrophy, it seems...
That's what I think. If you look at the US and Mexico coasts, there isn't much left to be hit this year that hasn't been already.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Michelle wrote: October 6th, 2017, 9:21 pm
Irrelevant wrote: October 6th, 2017, 5:20 am Headed right for us. We're a good hundred miles inland, though. Last night my wife and I were talking about it and realized that there's nothing we can rush out and buy last minute that we don't have already. It feels good to not participate in the chaos that will take place this weekend when most people realize it's going to hit us. Praying for all those who will be affected. Geez, before long everyone will be affected by some sort of major tragedy or catastrophy, it seems...
That's what I think. If you look at the US and Mexico coasts, there isn't much left to be hit this year that hasn't been already.
Most of the US Coast has not been impacted by any of this. None of the east coast north of South Carolina to Maine as well as the whole west and Alaska coastlines and the coastlines of the Great Lakes have not been impacted by any of these storms and that is most of the coastlines of the U.S.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

gkearney wrote: October 7th, 2017, 8:37 am
Michelle wrote: October 6th, 2017, 9:21 pm
Most of the US Coast has not been impacted by any of this. None of the east coast north of South Carolina to Maine as well as the whole west and Alaska coastlines and the coastlines of the Great Lakes have not been impacted by any of these storms and that is most of the coastlines of the U.S.

You took my words so literally. I didn't mean to confuse you. Yes, of course the Great Lakes haven't been hit by any hurricanes this year, or the upper west coast including Alaska. Hurricanes do need warm water to form. I would beg to differ that the hurricanes we have seen haven't hit as storms on the east coast farther north than South Carolina.

I'm pretty sure in an earlier post I mentioned the Gulf and Atlantic Coasts specifically, but if I forgot: from the Gulf northward, including many of the islands in the area, much of the US coastline where hurricanes and their leftover tropical storms can hit, have been hit thus far. Also Mexico.

Now I'm not even sure if I said what I want to anymore.