How could we Slow down or Speed-up the approach of the Cleasing of America?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Z2100
captain of 100

How could we Slow down or Speed-up the approach of the Cleasing of America?

Post by Z2100 »

What are some ways we could slow down the approachment

or

Speed-up the Cleasing of America?
Last edited by Z2100 on October 2nd, 2017, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Re: How could we Slow down or Speed-up the approachment of the Cleasing of America?

Post by Alaris »

You could join in on the wickedness to speed things along. ;)

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: How could we Slow down or Speed-up the approachment of the Cleasing of America?

Post by Robin Hood »

Z2100 wrote: October 2nd, 2017, 11:45 am What are some ways we could slow down the approachment

or

You could start by using words that actually exist! ;)
It's "slow down the approach" not "approachment".

If Americans can't speak correct English, the country jolly well needs to be cleansed!

(Before anyone gets all hot and bothered, this is a JOKE. :D )

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Robin Hood wrote: October 2nd, 2017, 12:07 pm
Z2100 wrote: October 2nd, 2017, 11:45 am What are some ways we could slow down the approachment

or

You could start by using words that actually exist! ;)
It's "slow down the approach" not "approachment".

If Americans can't speak correct English, the country jolly well needs to be cleansed!

(Before anyone gets all hot and bothered, this is a JOKE. :D )
Thanks XD

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Re: How could we Slow down or Speed-up the approach of the Cleasing of America?

Post by e-eye2.0 »

Depends on how well we follow or don't follow The Family A Proclamation to The World. This is where we have been warned.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

e-eye2.0 wrote: October 2nd, 2017, 12:35 pm Depends on how well we follow or don't follow The Family A Proclamation to The World. This is where we have been warned.
I take it you are referring to Elder Oaks talk? That was an awesome talk! I really appreciated how he shared the process of receiving that revelation and how the apostles were divided on whether this was needed. I remind my children often about the family proclamation and how when it was first unveiled, I had that exact same thought, "Is this really needed? This seems like common sense." The proclamation is a true testament that we have modern day prophets guiding the Lord's church. This is what will distinguish us from the rest of the world - as we cling onto our religion (per Obama) we will continually be attacked and those attacks will become more fierce until the Lord stays His hand no longer.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

alaris wrote: October 2nd, 2017, 11:47 am You could join in on the wickedness to speed things along. ;)
*gasp*

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

alaris wrote: October 2nd, 2017, 12:41 pm
e-eye2.0 wrote: October 2nd, 2017, 12:35 pm Depends on how well we follow or don't follow The Family A Proclamation to The World. This is where we have been warned.
I take it you are referring to Elder Oaks talk? That was an awesome talk! I really appreciated how he shared the process of receiving that revelation and how the apostles were divided on whether this was needed. I remind my children often about the family proclamation and how when it was first unveiled, I had that exact same thought, "Is this really needed? This seems like common sense." The proclamation is a true testament that we have modern day prophets guiding the Lord's church. This is what will distinguish us from the rest of the world - as we cling onto our religion (per Obama) we will continually be attacked and those attacks will become more fierce until the Lord stays His hand no longer.
Even worse, we will be persecuted as fiercely as any before us and won't be permitted to buy or sell (participate in the economy). Dire things indeed!

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

or

"Were we surprised when the last terrible war took place here in the United States? No; good Latter-day Saints were not, for they had been told about it. Joseph Smith had told them where it would start, that it should be a terrible time of bloodshed and that it should start in South Carolina. But I tell you today the end is not yet. You will see worse things than that, for God will lay his hand upon this nation, and they will feel it more terribly than ever they have done before; there will be more bloodshed, more ruin, more devastation than ever they have seen before. Write it down! You will see it come to pass; it is only just starting in. And would you feel to rejoice? No; I would feel sorry. I knew very well myself when this last war was commencing, and could have wept and did weep, over this nation; but there is yet to come a sound of war, trouble and distress, in which brother will be arrayed against brother, father against son, son against father, a scene of desolation and destruction that will permeate our land until it will be a vexation to hear the report thereof. Would you help to bring it about? No, I would not; I would stop it if I could. I would pour in the oil and the wine and balm and try to lead people in the right path that will be governed by it, but they won't."

(John Taylor, JOD vol. 20, pp. 318-319, emphasis added; http://scriptures.byu.edu/jod/jodhtml.p ... 20&disc=41 )

Words from a Prophet of God. It will come when it comes. Our part should not be to help bring it about, nor to rejoice when it does come, but to do all we can to try stopping it - to "pour in the oil and the wine and balm and try to lead people in the right path that will be governed by it."

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

crazy how long ago this was prophesied and the later part of it has yet to come to pass - but it will. I remember telling my wife about this about 10 years ago and she didn't want to hear ti as she thought it was impossible- now she thinks it could happen. Amazing where we have gone in the last 10 years.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

A better question to ask would be "How can we lessen the impact of the cleansing of America so as to minimize the suffering that will surely happen".

Prophets and apostles have given us guidance on that in the past.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

lundbaek wrote: October 2nd, 2017, 2:55 pm A better question to ask would be "How can we lessen the impact of the cleansing of America so as to minimize the suffering that will surely happen".

Good critical thinking question. But my questions still apply. So:

"How can we speed-up/slow down the approach of the cleasing of America and how can we lessen the impact of the cleansing?"

e-eye2.0
captain of 100

Post by e-eye2.0 »

lundbaek wrote: October 2nd, 2017, 2:55 pm A better question to ask would be "How can we lessen the impact of the cleansing of America so as to minimize the suffering that will surely happen".

Yeah I agree. It's kind of hard as we know there is to be a cleansing, we know there are angels that or waiting to lay the hammer down and these things have to happen prior to the 2nd coming. In our hearts we want the return on the Lord to happen soon but also hold on hope that it gives all more time to prepare if it doesn't happen soon. However, truth is that there must be a separation of wheat and tares so the righteous will get more righteous and the wicked more wicked. We need more time to prepare ourselves and find the wheat but in the same breath it leaves more time for the wicked to hang themselves spiritually. Eventually it will get so bad that we will be praying day and night for the Lord to come - we are not there yet.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

e-eye2.0 wrote: October 2nd, 2017, 3:16 pm

Yeah I agree. It's kind of hard as we know there is to be a cleansing, we know there are angels that or waiting to lay the hammer down and these things have to happen prior to the 2nd coming. In our hearts we want the return on the Lord to happen soon but also hold on hope that it gives all more time to prepare if it doesn't happen soon. However, truth is that there must be a separation of wheat and tares so the righteous will get more righteous and the wicked more wicked. We need more time to prepare ourselves and find the wheat but in the same breath it leaves more time for the wicked to hang themselves spiritually. Eventually it will get so bad that we will be praying day and night for the Lord to come - we are not there yet.
I'm sure the cleansing would be in my lifetime but I'd be suprised if we last another century ;)

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Just a thought but some of the things said by the apostles in this conference do address some parts of this question. Specifically some of them stated things about protections you can gain by being in the lord's service and by loving him and serving his people (and future people.)

The theme of the book of mormon also comes to mind. If the people will repent and be obedient they will prosper in the land. If they won't then they will see hardship the likes of which will bring them to their knees. Yet all we have to do is turn to Christ, and stay repentant...'but because of the easiness of the way some refused to cooperate'...also is wording that I remember reading.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

My mission president told us to keep The Living Christ and The Family Proclamation in our scriptures because it is modern day revelation. It was good to hear multiple apostles talk about both these documents in October Conference.

I honestly don't want to slow down the cleansing of America. The cleansing needs to increase so that the prophecies can come to pass on this promised land. Evil is growing exponentially but a lot of it is still hidden in the shadows. The secret combinations are working overtime to enslave humanity and the time is soon approaching that the Savior will return and usher in His millennial reign so that peace and safety is returned to the Earth.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Delaying the cleansing of America will hopefully give more people extra time to repent.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

alaris wrote: October 2nd, 2017, 11:47 am You could join in on the wickedness to speed things along. ;)
Lol

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

lundbaek wrote: October 2nd, 2017, 6:17 pm Delaying the cleansing of America will hopefully give more people extra time to repent.
And it will give more people extra time to become more wicked.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Sunain wrote: October 2nd, 2017, 6:05 pm
My mission president told us to keep The Living Christ and The Family Proclamation in our scriptures because it is modern day revelation. It was good to hear multiple apostles talk about both these documents in October Conference.

I honestly don't want to slow down the cleansing of America. The cleansing needs to increase so that the prophecies can come to pass on this promised land. Evil is growing exponentially but a lot of it is still hidden in the shadows. The secret combinations are working overtime to enslave humanity and the time is soon approaching that the Savior will return and usher in His millennial reign so that peace and safety is returned to the Earth.
Nice thoughts. I also think we're reaching a point where we're not being a people of DEEP ENDURING faith as well as we could. The growth and infestation of Babylon is overcoming a lot of people's faith to the point of the church's growth being slowed. So it could happen because of needing to release that bottleneck. We've even heard ...forgot which speaker that we need to be able to have faith as deep as the pioneers who could risk anything for it, instead of struggling against distractions.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Joseph Smith shows us the close association between the cleansing of America and the Second Coming. We start with a couple of quotes from the Prophet…
I saw men hunting the lives of their own sons, and brother murdering brother, women killing their own daughters, and daughters seeking the lives of their mothers. I saw armies arrayed against armies. I saw blood, desolation, fires. The Son of man has said that the mother shall be against the daughters, and the daughter against the mother. These things are at our doors. They will follow the Saints of God from city to city. Satan will rage, and the spirit of the devil is now enraged. I know not how soon these things will take place; but with a view of them, shall I cry peace? No; I will lift up my voice and testify of them. How long you will have good crops, and the famine be kept off, I do not know; when the fig tree leaves, know then that the summer is nigh at hand. TPJS, J SMITH :161
While inquiring of the Lord concerning the end of time, it was made known to me by the Holy Spirit that there should be prosperity, seedtime, and harvest every year in which the rainbow was seen. For to that was Noah referred as a surety on this subject. But in the year when the bow was not to be seen would commence desolation, calamity, and distress among the nations, without seed time or harvest. (Kent P. Jackson, Joseph Smith's Commentary on the Bible, p.112.)
In this first statement Joseph speaks of great “desolation” and says “The Son of man has said that the mother shall be against the daughters, and the daughter against the mother” which has reference to conditions at the time of the Lord’s coming.

Then he says “They will follow the Saints of God from city to city” which I believe has to do with our trekking back to Jackson County… very Second Coming(ish) if you ask me…

And then he says “How long you will have good crops, and the famine be kept off, I do not know” which is very much like “without seed time or harvest” from the second statement. He also alludes to the parable of the fig tree, saying “when the fig tree leaves, know then that the summer is nigh at hand.”

So I’m going to say that when the Lord begins to waste this nation we will soon return to Jackson County and the coming of the Bridegroom… Oh ya, that’s Orson said…
“Well then, to return to the prophesying, when the time shall come that the Lord shall waste away this nation, he will give commandment to this people to return and possess their own inheritance which they purchased some forty-four years ago in the state of Missouri”. (Orson Pratt, Gerald N. Lund, The Coming of the Lord ,110.)

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Z2100 wrote: October 2nd, 2017, 8:56 pm
lundbaek wrote: October 2nd, 2017, 6:17 pm Delaying the cleansing of America will hopefully give more people extra time to repent.
And it will give more people extra time to become more wicked.
Period of Preparation may mean other than 7 years, but the first stroke occurred on the 90th Birthday of President Monson.

The dates aren't an exact 7 year interval, rather they mark when 7 years prosperity, may be known to have begun, and expected to end. GDPnow latest forecast is 2.7%, which continues the positive trend that began with the fiscal quarter that began in April.