Not One Objection?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
brianj
captain of 1,000

Not One Objection?

Post by brianj »

I did not hear one single person object to sustaining President Monson, his counselors, or members of the Quorum of the Twelve. Nor did I hear an objection to sustaining them as prophets, seers, and revelators.

Did the tribulations get pushed back?
Did the rate of sifting increase?
What happened?

I'm not complaining; I am shocked and overwhelmingly pleased. But I did get an impression that the absence of those people is because President Monson is not present: opposing President Monson is a personal attack on him as much as an attack on the church.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Not One Objection?

Post by David13 »

I thought that perhaps they were able to edit the howlers out. I wonder if anyone who personally attended heard any objections.
I know when I have been there in person I did hear them, but others who watched tv or at the meeting house said they didn't.
Maybe some of the "objections" just didn't come thru' on the satellite feed.
What is it with those nuts anyway. There is a procedure. If they were legitimate they would take it up thru' the proper channels.
The proper channels do respond to reasonable requests, I know from personal experience.
dc

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Verbally objecting while the prophet is lying in bed ill would be in extremely poor taste... Not that our world hasn't crossed that line years ago.
Last edited by Alaris on September 30th, 2017, 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Perhaps they objected in the correct manner, which is to simply raise ones hand. No shouting is required or even needed. In fact it is rather a cheap stunt. Also in any sustaining there are always three choices you can sustain, object or abstain. I know of several people who are troubled by various things in the church who are abstaining lately.

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

I talked to a few who were there today. Nothing was heard in person either. However, I was told the hecklers outside the Conference Center were especially brutal today.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

What's with those nuts? They don't want the church to teach what God tells the prophets to teach; they want God to be told that the church will teach what the dissenters want taught. And telling local leaders hasn't resulted in the church embracing the world so they feel the need to be more belligerent.

Saturday I drove to downtown SLC and went to sit in the tabernacle for priesthood session, but was able to get a standby ticket for the conference center. Afterward, crossing the street to Temple Square, I saw a protester wearing a red and black cape, holding a devil mask just to the west of the crosswalk. To the east was a group of young single adults singing hymns.

I AM SO THANKFUL!

Without that opposition the good young men and young women of that choir likely wouldn't have been there. Standing there, listening to a couple of hymns, I felt like I was enjoying an exquisite dessert after a spiritual buffet.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

brianj wrote: October 1st, 2017, 11:01 pm What's with those nuts? They don't want the church to teach what God tells the prophets to teach; they want God to be told that the church will teach what the dissenters want taught. And telling local leaders hasn't resulted in the church embracing the world so they feel the need to be more belligerent.

Saturday I drove to downtown SLC and went to sit in the tabernacle for priesthood session, but was able to get a standby ticket for the conference center. Afterward, crossing the street to Temple Square, I saw a protester wearing a red and black cape, holding a devil mask just to the west of the crosswalk. To the east was a group of young single adults singing hymns.

I AM SO THANKFUL!

Without that opposition the good young men and young women of that choir likely wouldn't have been there. Standing there, listening to a couple of hymns, I felt like I was enjoying an exquisite dessert after a spiritual buffet.

I have to disagree. I think the young adults singing would be so much more enjoyable, with no loonies out there, and I think the young adults would do it anyway, even without the protesters, and they too would enjoy the joy they would see on the faces as they leave.
I think the young go out there to sing because they want to. Not in response to the nut jobs. They go to spread joy.

At least that is what I would like to think about them.
dc