How close do you think we are to the Cleansing of America?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

How close to the Cleasing of America?

0-5 years
50%
5-10 years
16%
10-15 years
11%
15-20 years
4%
20-25 years
1%
25-30 years
No votes
30-35 years
3%
35+ years
15%

Total votes: 80
gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Re: How close do you think we are to the Cleansing of America?

Post by gardener4life »

The baring of the Lord's arm can have two meanings; it can mean punishments or judgments yes. But for the righteous it means him showing forth miracles and his power open to save his people. Hope that helps. :) Isn't it interesting that which meaning it refers to can be whether you are repentant and obedient or...not.

dafty
captain of 100

Re: The Assyrian destroyer

Post by dafty »

LDS Anarchist wrote: October 28th, 2017, 2:42 pm
dafty wrote: October 28th, 2017, 1:15 pm So how do you explain Isaiah calling him Lords arm? not saying The Lord tells him directly to- say, torture people etc. but certainly uses him as a Rod of chastisment.
Additionally, how do you explain existence of the divine destroyer?
Obviously, I am not calling God a warmonger, however, I do not believe its all clean cut as the statement
pay no attention to the rumours of war.They are NOT judgements of God
may suggest x
Isaiah doesn't call the Assyrian the Lord's arm in Isaiah 10.

Also, regarding the divine destroyer, the kingdom of God is literally a kingdom, right? So, it's got a King (God the Father) who gives the laws of the kingdom and an Heir to the throne (God's Son), who represents God's mercy, but a king has all three branches of governmental authority, right? So, legislative, judicial and executive power is all vested in the Father. But no king that judges someone that pertains to his kingdom goes out and executes the law himself. He's got servants who go and do his will, right? The king just gives the law and judges all things, and when people break his law, then the king's justice comes upon them and they suffer the penalty. The king doesn't descend from his throne and grab the transgressor himself, but tells his servants to seize the evil-doer and throw him in the dungeon or remove his property from him or arrange for him to be executed. And on the day of execution, the king himself doesn't pick up the sword or axe and cut the criminal's head off, right? No, he delegates that responsibility to one person. All other servants serve as ministers and guards and whatnot, but there is only one royal executioner, right? The royal executioner is special. He just applies the letter of the law, no matter who or what it applies to, without any mercy, whatsoever. So, historically, the royal executioners of the various kingdoms were men (and sometimes women) who ended up killing and torturing hundreds and even thousands of people, by their own hands. Sometimes they even ended up executing the king himself! These guys were the ones, then, who applied the penalty of the law. All other servants were merely assistants.

God Himself, of course, has power and authority to do this work Himself, but no kingdom operates that way. Kings delegate their powers and authority to others, who then perform the work for them, as proxies for the king. So, God does this stuff vicariously, just as He does everything else.

This then explains the existence of a divine destroyer. He is merely God's royal executioner. However, once the destroying angel descends from on high to the earth and is born of a woman (which has already happened), who executes? During the time the destroyer is on earth, in his probationary period, do the executions stop? Do the curses cease? Does the work of destruction stop? Perhaps. But God also has power to assign another as a temporary royal executioner, in the destroyer's absence. The description of the Assyrian by Isaiah is actually a fairly close match for the destroying angel, except that this "temporary Assyrian destroyer" is not destroying to do God's will, and to give Him honor, but merely because he likes to destroy things. In other words, although the Assyrian is patterned in his deeds after the divine destroyer, his heart is patterned after the demonic destroyer. So, after God uses him, the Assyrian gets destroyed, too.

But even if the executions and curses stop while the destroyer is on earth, we see that after he resumes his position as God's divine rod of power, the curses go forth, per Zechariah chapter 5:
Then said he,
These are the two anointed ones, that stand by the Lord of the whole earth.
(Zechariah 4:14)

Then I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a flying roll. And he said unto me,
What seest thou?
And I answered,
I see a flying roll; the length thereof is twenty cubits, and the breadth thereof ten cubits.
Then said he unto me,
This is the curse that goeth forth over the face of the whole earth: for every one that stealeth shall be cut off as on this side according to it; and every one that sweareth shall be cut off as on that side according to it.
I will bring it forth,
saith the Lord of hosts,
and it shall enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him that sweareth falsely by my name: and it shall remain in the midst of his house, and shall consume it with the timber thereof and the stones thereof.
(Zechariah 5:1-4)
So, the Lord of the whole earth appears (the Josephite, who is the destroying angel), getting out of his box, and immediately afterward Zechariah sees curses going forth, showing that the destroyer resumes his position. But at some point, he becomes the root, which is salvific, and during that time that he is the root, the Lord needs a new temporary destroyer, right? Hence the use of the Assyrian.
I did not say The Assyrian is called the arm in 10th chapter.I said Isaiah. I quoted 10th chapter to show that war/sword as Alaris pointed out is sometimes used by God in judgement. If you wish to question arm=Assyrian, I shall refer u to isaiah explained by gileadi and his apocalyptic commentary. thanks

dafty
captain of 100

Re: Perhaps it's time to invite Gileadi to this forum?

Post by dafty »

LDS Anarchist wrote: October 28th, 2017, 3:34 pm
dafty wrote: October 28th, 2017, 3:24 pm
LDS Anarchist wrote: October 28th, 2017, 2:42 pm
dafty wrote: October 28th, 2017, 1:15 pm So how do you explain Isaiah calling him Lords arm?
Isaiah doesn't call the Assyrian the Lord's arm in Isaiah 10.
I did not say The Assyrian is called the arm in 10th chapter.I said Isaiah. I quoted 10th chapter to show that war/sword as Alaris pointed out is sometimes used by God in judgement. If you wish to question arm=Assyrian, I shall refer u to isaiah explained by gileadi and his apocalyptic commentary. thanks
So, you were saying that Isaiah called the Assyrian the left arm of the Lord in another chapter? ('Cause I looked for "arm" in that chapter, and it ain't there.) Or are you saying that Gileadi says that Isaiah's description of the Assyrian in chapter 10=God's left arm? Or, perhaps you are saying that Gileadi says that Isaiah's description of the "arm of the Lord" or of the "holy arm of the Lord," mentioned in other chapters, refers to the Assyrian?
what I am saying is - stop smelling ur own farts and if you want to prove me wrong, read isaiah explained(from start to finish) first and then get back to me...

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

lucky im not an apostle Peter then lol but then Im not here to convert anyone either...but yes u r right-im basing my understanding of Isaiah,vastly, on what Gileadi wrote. Furthermore, I believe him to have a special God given talent/gift of knowledge. There I said it, If he is wrong so am I.

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

Ps. and u r wrong too- Im not unable to explain it- im just as lazy as u(i bet lazier than ) lol and cant be bothered to copy paste nor write...but its there, anyone that read his online page can confirm that...Assyrian is even called a rod yet aint the d&c113 rod of jesse...no, im defo not bothered to write no m o r e . . .

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

dafty wrote: October 28th, 2017, 10:58 am
Hivetyrant36 wrote: October 28th, 2017, 10:27 am I mean, it doesn't even have to be a war. Volcanoes and earthquakes are growing more intense and the weeks pass by and the tectonic plates are being pushed and pulled more now than in our recorded history. ONE of the three supervolcanos in the USA would cleanse America. Combine that with the bitter cold of a grand solar minimum... we are talking food shortages, market volatility, economic catastrophe, power failures and the death of many many people as a result of each of these things, compounding upon each other. Zarahemla experienced something similar, and the dark vapor could easily have been volcanic dust. Valleys were made into mountains and vice versa.

Pay no attention to the rumors of wars. They are not the judgments of God.

I also must agree with Mr Anarchist. Every person can receive revelation. The problem is that people assume that every bit of publicized revelation means something to everybody, and people attach the "don't trust anything unless it was from an ordained prophet" label onto it. Also not helping the case are the books published about the end times, with fantastical stories of destruction and grace, all of which bear no real authority and merely use common tropes to seem genuine. I have not received a revelation of any war. Therefore it must not be important in my life, or it must not happen.
U said:
pay no attention to the rumours of war.They are NOT judgements of God
Really?
Isaiah 10
5 Hail the Assyrian, the rod of my anger!He is a staff—my wrath in their hand.
6 I will commission him against a godless nation,appoint him over the peopledeserving of my vengeance,to pillage for plunder, to spoliate for spoil,to tread underfoot like mud in the streets.
7 Nevertheless, it shall not seem so to him;this shall not be what he has in mind.His purpose shall be to annihilateand to exterminate nations not a few.

So the left arm of The Lord is commissioned by God. The Assyrian, The Latter day Archtyrant(not to b confused with Lds Antichrist...although sometimes I do wonder ;) lol)
So Id say, if Isaiah is right there will be war.just saying x
Sorry I can tend to be vague in my explanations. What I mean is that the current warmongering and threats to go to war with other countries RIGHT NOW are not judgments of God. The Lamanites basically existed to be judgment bearers, so I am indeed aware of the use of "gentiles" to inflict wrath on unfaithful nations. The current war narrative is being orchestrated by modern gadianton robbers.

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

LDS Anarchist wrote: October 31st, 2017, 5:28 pm
dafty wrote: October 28th, 2017, 4:15 pm Ps. and u r wrong too- Im not unable to explain it- im just as lazy as u(i bet lazier than ) lol and cant be bothered to copy paste nor write...but its there, anyone that read his online page can confirm that...Assyrian is even called a rod yet aint the d&c113 rod of jesse...no, im defo not bothered to write no m o r e . . .
Lazier? Ah, but you've read Gileadi's book. I haven't.

According to Gileadi, the rod of Isaiah 11 and D&C 113 is Joseph Smith:
There exists a Midrash, or handed-down tradition, in Jewish literature that speaks of one man who would die for all mankind; but I ask, how could such an act be valid except by a covenant made with God on behalf of all men? And again, to be valid, witnesses were necessary who should testify concerning the event. The prophet Isaiah actually distinguishes three separate messianic personages when he writes: “And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots.” (Isa. 11:1.) Doctrine and Covenants, section 113, explains that the Stem of Jesse is Jesus Christ. [D&C 113]

From a careful identification of the subject of verse 4 (D&C 113:4), I learned that the “rod spoken of, that should come out of the Stem of Jesse,” is the Prophet Joseph Smith, and that he may fit the description of “Messiah the son of Joseph,” concerning whom there is an ancient but well-known tradition in Judaism, that he will precede “Messiah the son of David” and be slain in a war against the forces of evil. (From "A New Life," by Avraham Gileadi, published in the July 1973 issue of The New Era.)
So, dafty, do you agree with Gileadi here that the rod is Joseph Smith?
lol i was not aware of that book x And no I do not agree with that statement.As I said, Im basing my understanding of Isaiah- vastly(not entirely) on his Isaiah Explained website/blog. It gives great insight, from a jewish rabbi perspective/"manner of the jews" that I could never figure out myself.Going back to rod being JS- well, he must have changed his mind since 1973 cause he clearly states nowdays that rod is a future Davidic Servant that will gather people to Zion. I guess his gift of knowledge and discerment is subject to change lol...similar to yours mind ;) . Now, since we're bashing him and trying to discredit his writings(or are u trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and drag all his readers down with him? lol) Gileadi says ROD=Root, which I completely disagree with.he also said at one of his recent firesides that DS is from USA, which I also question. He also said once that we should respect the jews for their knowledge because 'they got 95% of their scripture prophecies right-they only got The Saviour wrong'(paraphrase) lol well, obviously I do not share this opinion with him either. Basically what Im saying here is that Im well aware of his shortcomings and my faith in the gospel isnt based on what he says. But the idea that Isaiah is the book written for latter days and that Assyrian is most likely russian that obama was later day pharoah, that Lords arm is DS, that 'righteousness'is DS, bird of prey is DS, Cyrus ...etc.So if thats all rubbish then yeah, well, I have been complately deceived.
PS. speaking of lazy. I only read. U write....and I bet read loads as well, its just as Johny Rotten ur playin cool and pretend to be lazy coz ud have to change ur nickname otherwise ;)

mcusick
captain of 100

Post by mcusick »

"America" will not be cleansed, it will fully end (D&C 87:6).

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

That's why we stay tied to Zion. Zion won't end, no matter what happens to the rest of the world (although some may separate themselves from it.) It's in the scriptures that the Lord won't allow Zion to be thwarted or destroyed (but some will be chastened...ugh hope that part isn't me...). (These statements are scripturally sound, but based on obedience.)

I think Elder Ballard knows a lot more than what he lets on. Have you noticed he keeps referencing stay in the good ship Zion and things like that? He clarifies and calls it a moving vessel moving towards a destination in several talks. He is unafraid to say what's right because of what the world thinks. It's very cool.

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

LDS Anarchist wrote: November 1st, 2017, 3:48 pm
dafty wrote: November 1st, 2017, 1:53 am Gileadi says ROD=Root, which I completely disagree with.
Gileadi is correct on this point. The rod of Jesse and the root of Jesse are one and the same person.
dafty wrote: November 1st, 2017, 1:53 am he also said at one of his recent firesides that DS is from USA, which I also question.
Once again, Gileadi is right on this point. The rod/root is from the USA.
dafty wrote: November 1st, 2017, 1:53 am But the idea that Isaiah is the book written for latter days and that Assyrian is most likely russian that obama was later day pharoah, that Lords arm is DS, that 'righteousness'is DS, bird of prey is DS, Cyrus ...etc.So if thats all rubbish then yeah, well, I have been complately deceived.
"Isaiah is the book written for latter days" - Pretty much everyone believes this. In other words, "Duh!"
"Assyrian is most likely russian" - I haven't looked into this.
"obama was later day pharoah" - Not a chance of being true: we ain't in the end times, yet.
"Lord's arm is DS" - The Josephite is (one of) the arms of the Lord, so sure.
"'righteousness' is DS" - This is Gileadi's personal interpretation. I'm too lazy to comment on it.
"bird of prey is DS" - The Josephite is the bird of prey, so this is correct.
"Cyrus" - The end times Cyrus is the Josephite, as well as the end times Zerubbabel and so on...

So, some of it is rubbish, some of it is correct, some of it is (as yet) unknown, some of it is speculation and some of it is overly simplified. In other words, you have only been partially deceived.
thank u for enlighteningme master shifu 🙏

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

if u watch kung fu panda ud know what I meant lol🤣

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

OK I had the most interesting thought today.

You recall that we've had 3 major @#$ kicker hurricanes hit us. Houston and Harris county 2.8 million affected. Puerto Rico, also the whole island affected (3.4 million), and state of Florida over 20 million for the whole state. And I don't have a figure on the % of Florida affected by that hurricane but we know it was like a HUGE chunk of the state.

And without really thinking about that I ran into a very interesting Book of Mormon verse today.

1 Nephi 18:15 And it came to pass that we were about to be swallowed up in the depths of the sea. And after we had been driven back upon the waters for the space of four days, my brethren began to see that the judgments of God were upon them, and that they must perish save that they should repent of their iniquities; wherefore, they came unto me, and loosed the bands which were upon my wrists, and behold they had swollen exceedingly; and also mine ankles were much swollen, and great was the soreness thereof.

OK, so ...Laman and Lemuel could be called the two stooges you know. They always rebelled. They couldn't help themselves. But when it got really, really bad they thought finally...'this is bad. Holy ----, we're ----ed. We better get Nephi to fix this or we're doomed.'

We aren't even doing that. People are so prideful they are like...it must be aliens or a weapon, it couldn't be God. But Nephi's boat was ready to be drowned until they were going to recognize the hand of God in their lives. And we can't even do that much. Isn't that something? So are we going to be willing to repent or not? I couldn't help but think that scripture is a good way to describe right now in a way. How can we not think like the same? Or will we wait for it to be too late? We even have the same elements at work here; disobedient rebellious children (citizens of our country), and the untamable sea.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

gardener4life wrote: November 1st, 2017, 6:17 pm OK, so ...Laman and Lemuel could be called the two stooges you know. They always rebelled. They couldn't help themselves. But when it got really, really bad they thought finally...'this is bad. Holy ----, we're ----ed. We better get Nephi to fix this or we're doomed.'

We aren't even doing that. People are so prideful they are like...it must be aliens or a weapon, it couldn't be God. But Nephi's boat was ready to be drowned until they were going to recognize the hand of God in their lives. And we can't even do that much. Isn't that something? So are we going to be willing to repent or not? I couldn't help but think that scripture is a good way to describe right now in a way. How can we not think like the same? Or will we wait for it to be too late? We even have the same elements at work here; disobedient rebellious children (citizens of our country), and the untamable sea.
Interesting thought, one that I have contemplated. And my answer is: it depends on who you mean by "we."

The nation as a whole will not repent. They will not believe for a second that God is causing or allowing these calamities, they will not repent, and most will not call on God to save them. But some will curse God as they face death, even though they claim they don't believe in Him.

The church as a whole will not repent. Take a close look and see how many people are willing to attend a ward temple night, go help someone who needs assistance at their home, help clean the church meetinghouse, or help someone move in. Watch what happens at ward activities when help is needed cleaning up: on a good day 10% of the attendees are willing to pitch in. I know a lot of people who can't even be bothered to say hi to a home or visiting teaching assignment once a month at church.

But some people will repent. Enough people will repent when times are good and continue repenting through coming tribulations. Other church members will repent when conditions are so bad that they are compelled to repent. When we have events where two men are in a field and one is taken, etc., many of the survivors will repent - but this will be when it's too late to stop the sinking of the ship and people are trying to survive the shipwreck. These will be enough people to preach the gospel to the less wicked people who survive what's coming and bring the works of God preparatory to the Second Coming to fruition.

James-T-Prout
captain of 50

Post by James-T-Prout »

Hi Guys,

//////Better keep the Davidic Servant materials on the DS post ?mode=reply&f=14&t=2589. Thanks mates. God bless you. //////

Going back to the original question: "How close do you think we are to the Cleansing of America?"

This phrase the "Cleansing of America" comes from W. Cleon Skousen's manuscript that was published posthumously by his family in around 2008, after the financial crises.

See my review of W. Cleon's Skousen's work here: http://www.lastdaystimeline.com/cleon-skousen/

Cleon said that the downfall of America itself would come after a political collapse and an economic collapse that the FED and Government would keep putting band-aid after band-aid on it to help it along.

In 2008, his family must have thought "this was it". And I can say that it did feel like "it" at the time. But, all large market downturns feel like "the big one". In 2008, the prepper movement was re-birthed in a large way.

----------------------------------
Now onto the question of "when will America be Cleansed".

From my scriptural research there is going to be 2 large downturns ahead of us. Not just one.

1. One immediately ahead to bring America and Europe down at the same time. This will be the start of the 4th Beast Kingdom of the Gentiles. As the 3 Eagle Heads awake to build it. This will be a giant political and economic problem.

It will be started by 3 wicked organizations as the 3 awakened Eagle Heads place a man of their own, into the Presidency of the United States.

This happens after the current Presidents of Donald Trump and Mike Pence +2 more short Presidents.

This material is recorded in the Ezra's Eagle Prophecy, that can be read here:
Here with the explanations: https://www.lastdaystimeline.com/free-chapters/

Here directly from the Apocrypha: https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/2- ... hapter-11/

2. The Second downturn will be The END of America in it's current state with Secret Combinations running the show. It will be OVER for them. At this time in the future, there will be the 2nd American Civil War. The BIG Plague. and Large Earthquakes.

The Eagle Kingdom will be pretty messed up, by the time it finally goes down. The final death blow to the Eagle Kingdom comes from The Lion Kingdom that is hidden up, to do this very thing of freeing the meek and oppressed people from under this Eagle Kingdom's oppression.

The timing for these prophecies to be fulfilled is the exact time the Restoration of the US Constitution is to happen. The Ezra's Eagle Prophecy shows this exact language that the Constitution will be restored at that time, just after the Lion Kingdom frees the people.

This outline is just a small part of The Last Days Timeline.

There is much more detail on the Timing of these events located in the Free Chapters here: https://www.lastdaystimeline.com/free-chapters/

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

James-T-Prout wrote: November 2nd, 2017, 3:39 pm Hi Guys,

2. The Second downturn will be The END of America in it's current state with Secret Combinations running the show. It will be OVER for them. At this time in the future, there will be the 2nd American Civil War. The BIG Plague. and Large Earthquakes.

The Eagle Kingdom will be pretty messed up, by the time it finally goes down. The final death blow to the Eagle Kingdom comes from The Lion Kingdom that is hidden up, to do this very thing of freeing the meek and oppressed people from under this Eagle Kingdom's oppression.

The timing for these prophecies to be fulfilled is the exact time the Restoration of the US Constitution is to happen. The Ezra's Eagle Prophecy shows this exact language that the Constitution will be restored at that time, just after the Lion Kingdom frees the people.

There is much more detail on the Timing of these events located in the Free Chapters here: https://www.lastdaystimeline.com/free-chapters/
Could the plague be the BIG plague?
http://time.com/5008022/madagascar-plag ... -to-know/

If there were a scarcity of antibiotics due to war and an airborne plague outbreak... *shivers*

Also the Book Of Mormon was written for our days and essentially has sections on "how to deal with gadiantons." So, it makes sense to me that the genesis of the Lion Kingdom would be from LDS. Oh and the Davidic Servant is from the USA. Sorry Dafty (I couldn't resist.) ;)

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

alaris wrote: November 2nd, 2017, 9:08 pm
James-T-Prout wrote: November 2nd, 2017, 3:39 pm Hi Guys,

If there were a scarcity of antibiotics due to war and an airborne plague outbreak... *shivers*

Also the Book Of Mormon was written for our days and essentially has sections on "how to deal with gadiantons." So, it makes sense to me that the genesis of the Lion Kingdom would be from LDS. Oh and the Davidic Servant is from the USA. Sorry Dafty (I couldn't resist.) ;)
lol stop derailing the thread!!!! ;) ...and stop following in master shifu's footsteps and dissect my posts into little, tiny, pulled out of context phrases lol -I did NOT say DS is NOT from USA, i said I question it and there is a difference. As I person interested in the events of the last days I question everything from an unbiased point of view. I would be happy to embrace it as a fact, however, from my personal studies it doesnt seem so clean cut and both my gift of knowledge and discerment are lacking and Im unable to make my mind up about it. Similarly, I will not jump on the bandwagon of Ezdras Eagle prophecy believers just because somebody says so and it looks plausible, untill - either I get a 'spiritual' confirmation thereof or...somebody assassinates Trump lol x

Love
captain of 100

Post by Love »

The Prince thinks there are too many people in the World, Think this plague could help depopulate. :x
[url][http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11 ... world//url]

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Historically there are similarities between our society and when the Black Plagues hit Europe, and the behavior that contributed to the downfall of Roman Britain. A number of historians some interesting details on these two areas. Feel free to look it up.

James-T-Prout
captain of 50

Post by James-T-Prout »

Hi Alaris,

Yep, I dealt with that question in the book...."what does the BIG Plague look like and feel like?"

Here is the exerpt
The BIG Plague

This BIG Plague has been seen by many prophets. It is also seen in Doctrine and Covenants Section 45.

(D&C 45:30-32)
“30 And in that generation shall the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
31 And there shall be men standing in that generation, that shall not pass until they shall see an overflowing scourge; for a desolating sickness shall cover the land.
32 But my disciples shall stand in holy places, and shall not be moved; but among the wicked, men shall lift up their voices and curse God and die.”

Learning Points:
A. Right at the start of when the Times of the Gentiles is completed… this overflowing scourge/desolating sickness shall begin. This is one of the clues that the Gentiles have “had their day”. And that the unbelieving of the Gentiles are about to be wiped out… in preparation for the return to Jackson County to build the New Jerusalem. And also to prepare a place for the Lost 10 Tribes to inhabit, temporarily.
B. The Saints of God will be better-off where they are located near “holy places”. The Lord declares this fact.

Again in D&C 84, the same point is made:

(D&C 84:96-97)
“96 For I, the Almighty, have laid my hands upon the nations, to scourge them for their wickedness.
97 And plagues shall go forth, and they shall not be taken from the earth until I have completed my work, which shall be cut short in righteousness—“

Learning Points:
A. The BIG Plague is a scourging upon the earth because of wickedness.
B. These plagues (plural) shall be cut short to preserve the righteous.

Yet all the righteous will not be spared, because of the weakness of the flesh. Assumingly, some will have lowered immune systems.

(Joseph Smith Jr., Teachings of Joseph Smith, Chapter 21)
explained concerning the coming of the Son of Man; also that it is a false idea that the Saints will escape all the judgments, whilst the wicked suffer; for all flesh is subject to suffer, and ‘the righteous shall hardly escape’ [see D&C 63:34]; still many of the Saints will escape, for the just shall live by faith [see Habakkuk 2:4]; yet many of the righteous shall fall a prey to disease, to pestilence, etc., by reason of the weakness of the flesh, and yet be saved in the Kingdom of God.”

The Bubonic Plague transmitted by rat fleas, in the 1300s in Europe, Asia, and Africa killed roughly 50% of those infected.
(See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubonic_plague)

The 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic infected 500 Million people. It killed 50-100 Million people worldwide in just a few months. That was 3-5% of overall world population. This flu virus killed predominantly healthy young adults, instead of a normal flu virus that kills the old and the young. It was spread by sneezing and coughing with people in tight quarters. (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1918_flu_pandemic)

The 2014 Ebola outbreak in Western Africa killed 40% of it’s 28,616 cases, or 11,310 deaths. Ebola is a weaponized biological warfare agent. Ebola only spreads by blood or direct body fluid contact. (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_virus_disease)

However, this future BIG Plague seems to be worst. This BIG Plague is new compared to what humans have seen in the past.

There is more in the book on this topic. There are Old Testament linkages as well.

Alaris, it appears to me that the speed of death is so fast that it is very different to what we have seen before in modern historical writings. From what it appears, when the world gets hit with this, it appears that the infection takes only hours and days until death....instead of days and weeks until death.

There isn't anything in the historical writings that I'm aware of that has such a high contagion rate and a fast death speed as what these scriptures are prophesying.

However, I do not rule the “special fly/maggot plague” of God out. Evidence is fairly weak as to the exact nature of the BIG Plague to hit America and much of the rest of the world. We know what it will do for God’s purposes. We don’t know if it’s bacterial, viral, parasite based (flies/maggots), etc…

Does that make sense?

James-T-Prout
captain of 50

Post by James-T-Prout »

Hi Dafty,

I know you must have seen this Tool before. I think we talked about it on another thread.

------------------------------------------
So, I put together a tool that will help alleviate the problems for people that want concreteness in the future scriptural prophecies, like I do.

Remember, I only want the very best scriptural timeline of the future that is possible to be had from the prophets. I do not care much for my own opinions on the topic. I'm trying to mold my own opinions to what the scriptures say. It's hard to do that. For our own frame of references sit in front of everything we see, hear, or read.

The Ezra's Eagle Prophecy Fulfillment Tool is Here:
https://www.lastdaystimeline.com/ezras- ... fillments/

You will discover:
    How many total internal Ezra's Eagle prophecies are already fulfilled in the history of the United States of America. (Answer: Download the tool to see all 18)
    • How many total short feathers are their in the Ezra's Eagle Prophecy?
    • What are the definitions of a short feather?
    • What happened before the first feather Herbert Hoover?
    • Why does President FDR qualify in an extra deep way to perfectly fit the extra-long 2nd feather?
    • How do the amendments to the constitution come into the picture with Ezra's Eagle?
    • What the Ezra's Eagle Prophecy said would happen to the 45th President of the United States over 2600 years ago. (psst.... Donald Trump is the new 45th President)
    I made this tool specifically for people who know about the Ezra's Eagle Prophecy, but are waiting for Trump to be taken down, before they will believe. For I was one of those people myself.

My mind was playing tricks on me. The thought pattern went like this....
    1. I will wait to believe Ezra's Eagle until Trump gets taken down.
    2. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that Trump is in trouble.
    3. I will wait to believe Ezra's Eagle until Pence gets taken down.
    4. By the time Pence gets taken down, there won't be much time left to make many series preparation decisions
    5. There must be some other internal evidence in Ezra's Eagle itself to help my mind to believe before Trump goes down.

And there is a lot of internal evidence of the line-ups of this prophecy with America. I have found 18 of them so far, that have been fulfilled between the Eagle Kingdom and the United States of America.

Enjoy the tool. It was made for people like us. Thank you.

gardener4life
    captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Learning Points:

When people are wicked, the righteous and just are deprived of a future. They also seek to destroy the Saints of God. I've felt strongly that its needed to and its going to happen to save the righteous and just. There are many references in the scriptures to the Church of the Devil trying to destroy the Saints of God. I have also seen in my life that right now many righteous and just are barely surviving and barely alive because of persecution, being pushed out from among others, and alienated to the point of having no future in this world.

But God's plan of salvation is based on obedience and progression through obedience. So at some point it can't be helped that we'll get to a point where it has to happen. The Lord has many promises that he will support the righteous in their trials and not allow them to be destroyed. But as long as the wicked keep depriving the righteous of a future, the closer we'll be getting to having things turned upside down. I don't say this out of bragging or pride. But when this kind of thing starts to happen people are going to need answers for it. They are going to need to know that its happening for a reason and that's mercy not cruelty.
    Last edited by gardener4life on November 4th, 2017, 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Durzan
    The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

We have a little under 4 years at most in America, unless we pray for the lord to hold of on the judgement of America... or we repent (which probably isn’t going to happen on a large enough scale to justify holding back His judgements).

dafty
    captain of 100

Post by dafty »

Durzan wrote: November 4th, 2017, 2:49 am We have a little under 4 years at most in America, unless we pray for the lord to hold of on the judgement of America... or we repent (which probably isn’t going to happen on a large enough scale to justify holding back His judgements).
    Ive always questioned the reasoning behind praying and asking The Lord to withold His judgments. I mean, with all the chaos around the world and all the suffering tha, primarily little children are subjected to, id say itd be better to pray and ask for the judgments to come sooner rather than later...but maybe its a flawed way of thinking, i dont know...

BeNotDeceived
    Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

7 Good, followed by 7 Bad years, is the biblical pattern, and 7 Good years may have begun in April.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/us-gdp-q3-advance-estimate-2017-10 wrote:
    GDP hits 3%, crushing estimates despite hurricanes

* US gross domestic product rose faster than expected in the third quarter, showing that consumer and business spending remained strong despite the hurricanes.

* For a second quarter in a row, GDP hit 3%, President Donald Trump's stated target for growth.

* But Friday's report is an advance estimate and will be revised two more times before the end of the year.

I stand all amazed, how things continue to unfold, as if on cue. :oops:

7 Good years will soon become 6, then 5, 4, 3, 2, and finialy only 1 more, concluding in April 2024 with a second full eclipse, that completes an X.

Of note too, is 2 hurricanes, that went by the names of Harvey and Irma.

Another powerful demonstration of the power of two i.e. the Parable of the Good Samaritan that may be understood on many levels, as much more than a simple parable.

brianj
    captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

gardener4life wrote: November 4th, 2017, 12:37 am Learning Points:
    If these plagues are cut short to preserve the righteous, the cutting short will also preserve the wicked. Thus I don't believe they will be cut short to protect anybody. Instead, the righteous will be directly sustained through a variety of miracles. Maybe our food storage will look like it's running out every day, but every day there will be just enough food to get through that day as experienced by a widow in Zarephath. Maybe we'll receive manna. Maybe we won't even need food or water because our faith will become so strong that we can rely entirely on our Savior.

I expect the plagues to last long enough to accomplish three objectives:
    • The wicked who will not turn from their wickedness will be destroyed.
    • The wicked, and not so wicked, who will turn from their sins as they are humbled will be preserved and guided to find the righteous.
    • The righteous will be preserved, but will suffer as necessary to be purified.
    Along with these objectives, those who are righteous will receive a divine calling to care for those who are preserved and proclaim the gospel to them.