NFL - Sign of the Times?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
LatterDayLizard
captain of 100

Re: NFL - Sign of the Times?

Post by LatterDayLizard »

At first I was annoyed at Colin K. for not standing for the pledge. Then I read this story and, I confess, my feelings shifted. We don't have to agree on everything to agree on something, or to respect someone's choice even if you don't agree.

http://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco- ... ect-change

RocknRoll
captain of 100

Re: NFL - Sign of the Times?

Post by RocknRoll »

GrandMasterB wrote: September 25th, 2017, 9:06 pm
I agree that it can be a form of idol worship. When people are willing to break the Sabbath to watch sports I would think that conveys a message to the Lord it is more important to you than worshipping Him. In that respect it is a form of idol worship. There are many people who know more about sports teams than they do about the gospel. Many spend way more time studying sports than they do the scriptures. I think it is designed that way. To be a distraction.
I agree that we should all boycott the NFL this year, but where do you get that watching sports is “breaking the Sabbath”? Is it just sports, or is watching TV in general (on Sunday) breaking the Sabbath?