Navajo Prophecies

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Re: Navajo Prophecies

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

Mark wrote: October 17th, 2017, 10:51 am
Hivetyrant36 wrote: October 15th, 2017, 10:57 am To the Pharisees and sagisees, christ taught things, and everything had to fit his narrative or it was the highway. The path IS straight and narrow, and prophecy and scripture is not up for debate. It means what it means, no matter which layer or how deep you delve into it. The personal spiritual revelation while reading is what changes.
Many of Bro Larsen’s beleifs are directly from the teachings of Christ and Joseph Smith, including not giving a crap about modern Christian end times theory.
To call a man who has spent 50+ years, many of which were full time research, a hobbyist, is quite insulting. Should we not all have studying the gospel as a hobby?
Your failure to understand does not make him or the information wrong.

Delve into Joseph Smith’s teachings that are no longer taught in the church anymore and you will find that the narrative I’ve provided sources for is correct.

In any case, agree to disagree.

The thing about music is (I write orchestral music) is that the same notes used again and again, but in different orders, are what make the peice, repetition, structure, key. Go out of key and the music will not sound right. Please try to stay on key with the gospel. Varying wildly across the keyboard makes for a terrible noise.
I never said that what Bro Larson has spent his time researching has no value. There are many truths to learn and enjoy. However focusing only on one gospel subject to the exclusion of the many others can take a person out of balance. Elder Oaks spoke of this in a talk titled Our Strengths can become our downfall. It is my understanding that Bro Larson has become very frustrated with the Saints that they don't spend more time and effort on his interest in planetary catastrophic tie ins to scripture. This can lead to more of a division than a unification. I don't know the man personally so I won't caste any aspersions. I would be interested in knowing if He were still active in the church or if he has broken ties with it like his friend Rock Waterman has. He seemed to be going that direction from what I could tell in reading different blog posts. Maybe I am wrong. I hope so.
I see his facebook activity and he takes a lot of pictures at the temple, this month even. He stated a few years ago that he "does all the things that a latter day saint ought to do" as he put it.

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Re: The future IS the past and the past IS the future

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

LDS Anarchist wrote: October 17th, 2017, 3:44 pm
These things that John saw were things that occur during the time of the restoration of all things, therefore, when we read in Revelation 12 about a great wonder seen in the heavens, we cannot say that John is seeing the past, for that would contradict the text itself, for the voice specifically stated that John would be seeing the future, and at no time afterward was John ever told otherwise, therefore, even though John is seeing something that existed in antiquity, he is not seeing the past, but the future, because old things all come back during the restoration of all things.
Excellent point, anarchist. Thank you for correcting me. Your analogy of the volcanos makes perfect sense too. Good point about the restoration of ALL things too. Life is indeed one eternal round, huh?
You've been a valuable asset to my learning thus far. Thank you for your input.
I do keep my own beliefs separate from Bro Larson's, but I can see why people would think I parrot him.

As far as the gift of prophecies, I may actually have it, but only for myself (as the priesthood declares). I've been told by the spirit of events and freak accidents moments before they occurred and have experienced many dreams that I witnessed take place detail for detail in real life. I was told of my mother's passing 8 months before it happened. I need to keep honing the skill. Though this might just be normal everyday spirit help. I have nothing to compare it too. I need to read up on the gift section lol.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

skmo wrote: October 15th, 2017, 2:11 am
Hivetyrant36 wrote: October 12th, 2017, 2:05 pm The days of Noah also had a big giant Mars in the sky that caused the flood.
I thought it was a big giant Snickers.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

A woman will sit in a seat that she should not be in was a sign.
What would happen if this were Hitlery... I can't imagine our nation would stand idly by if she were somehow appointed to be President after some Trumped up charges of Russian conspiracy... Which may have been a classic tactic of narcissism: accuse the other party of that which the accuser is guilty to set the narrative and preemptively point the upcoming narrative in the opposite direction.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10 ... rint.html